Anyone here bought a VEWLIX kit from KRAY?

Comments

• aminthemachineaminthemachine Joined: Posts: 35
    Would you mind listing which compressor you're using with your guns? After looking at your pics it seems to be working out really well. Also I don't know if you can answer this but if I decided to use metal flake paint or introduce metal flakes into whichever paint loaded into the gun; would it still work? As in, actually distribute and not become clogged?

To be exact about the compressor it's 2.5 horse power, 80 psi
  • ZensoukenZensouken Ouroboros = Chips Ahoy! Joined: Posts: 1,324
    Thanks for the tips, the info will come in handy!
    Stridering since 1998; I play pragmatic and dirty. You will eat pringles and hate me for it.
    PSN IDs: "superschure" [USA] / "suupaashaa" [JPN]
    CFN IDs: "superschure" [USA] / "suupaashaa" [JPN]
    3DS FC: "1564-4856-0905"
    Thanks for the tips, the info will come in handy!

Anytime
  • ThisIsMessatsuThisIsMessatsu Joined: Posts: 199
    these things look sweet
  • Hero of South TownHero of South Town Joined: Posts: 140
    Where do you buy it & do you have sample of how it looks?
    Its about six bucks a can at places like Lowes/Home Depot. The reason I found it was I have a friend who does repair and customization work on bicycles and skateboards, and he's been using it to repaint trucks and fenders. Its meant to go over metallic but is actually a sort of dark lacquered color if you spray it over non metallics. Its also not opaque so you need to lay down primer before hand, but the advantage is that dark colored things that are below the paint (like say, stenciled on logos or button notations) will show through.

Here's what about three or so coats over a bare non-primed original gameboy shell look like:
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3435/3844479007_1cf312b357.jpg

And here's what the top of an engine block looks like, this would be the paint sprayed over either the bare metal or a metallic undercoat:
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs931.snc4/74435_463177797009_776117009_5360804_3069932_n.jpg

It layers really well too, here's a Xbox 360 controller thats been primed silver and then covered with several coats (if I had to guess I'd say about six maybe):
    http://media.photobucket.com/image/recent/Hotwire_Customs/Rookie%2520Customs/2.jpg

The reason I recommended it here was that for about twenty bucks you could buy enough cans of it and some silver or white undercoat to do an entire Kraylix and it would look extremely snazzy. I for instance, plan on using it on my home made arcade cab I've been hacking together in my spare time.
    AREYOUOKAY
    sexy paint

What about sanding, before/after/in-between; grit. Your recommendations?
    Stridering since 1998; I play pragmatic and dirty. You will eat pringles and hate me for it.
  • rcaidorcaido Dynamic Bayside Duo Joined: Posts: 8,420
    Its about six bucks a can at places like Lowes/Home Depot. The reason I found it was I have a friend who does repair and customization work on bicycles and skateboards, and he's been using it to repaint trucks and fenders. Its meant to go over metallic but is actually a sort of dark lacquered color if you spray it over non metallics. Its also not opaque so you need to lay down primer before hand, but the advantage is that dark colored things that are below the paint (like say, stenciled on logos or button notations) will show through.

Here's what about three or so coats over a bare non-primed original gameboy shell look like:
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3435/3844479007_1cf312b357.jpg

And here's what the top of an engine block looks like, this would be the paint sprayed over either the bare metal or a metallic undercoat:
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs931.snc4/74435_463177797009_776117009_5360804_3069932_n.jpg

It layers really well too, here's a Xbox 360 controller thats been primed silver and then covered with several coats (if I had to guess I'd say about six maybe):
    http://media.photobucket.com/image/recent/Hotwire_Customs/Rookie%20Customs/2.jpg

The reason I recommended it here was that for about twenty bucks you could buy enough cans of it and some silver or white undercoat to do an entire Kraylix and it would look extremely snazzy. I for instance, plan on using it on my home made arcade cab I've been hacking together in my spare time.
    Looks great, what are the colors available? What primer did you use?
    Alright guys, the cosmetics of the arcade are finally complete. Here are some pics showing the cabinet before wiring and tv. The 7th orange button on player 2 is replaced with a white button now, I forgot to take a picture but you can imagine lol. Tell me what you think

arcade1.jpg

arcade2.jpg

arcade3.jpg
    Got my fans and power supply installed yesterday. pics up soon. i got my pcb's wired as well. focusattack has been out of 5 pin harness' for the joysticks for about 2 weeks now so i found them on ebay for even cheaper with free shipping. too bad i didn't notice they were in china until after i bought them lol. oh well, once i get those this week the arcade will finally be complete.
  • Jelloman581Jelloman581 Joined: Posts: 90
    The torture of waiting for that last critical piece to complete the build! Good luck, looks sharp!
  • kwrigh3kwrigh3 Joined: Posts: 66
    MY Kraylix will BLOW your Kraylix AWAY!!!!!
  • Pharmtech78Pharmtech78 Joined: Posts: 68
    MY Kraylix will BLOW your Kraylix AWAY!!!!!
    No words bubby pics and we'll be the judge. Lol.
    No words bubby pics and we'll be the judge. Lol.

Pics just show the exterior, doesn't show whats inside. I guarantee the components I'm using will surpass ALL others. I've read this all forum and no one is doing what I'm. LOL!
  • ice_berg_slimice_berg_slim Joined: Posts: 290
    Pics just show the exterior, doesn't show whats inside. I guarantee the components I'm using will surpass ALL others. I've read this all forum and no one is doing what I'm. LOL!
    watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

J/k. Although I hope you do have a surprise for us. =)
    I've take it upon myself to add a mini keg in mine with the tap coming up the middle above the start buttons lol
    I've take it upon myself to add a mini keg in mine with the tap coming up the middle above the start buttons lol
    no liquid is going ANYWHERE near my Kraylix!!! : P
    watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

J/k. Although I hope you do have a surprise for us. =)
    Kray did say he didn't know anyone doing what I am doing.
    Kray did say he didn't know anyone doing what I am doing.
    Alright man, just do some internal shots so we can see watcha got.
    Alright man, just do some internal shots so we can see watcha got.
    I don't a place I can post them. I know that sounds like a cop out. I have them on FB but they don't seem to link correctly.

Component list: Sony 3D LED TV, PS3, Monster Power Conditioner, Emotiva XDA-1, Hafler P3000, JL Audio speakers, Apogee cables, Sanwa Joysticks & buttons, Suzo Happ lighting kits & door, customer painted PS3 controllers, Linksys Gigabit switch, Silenx fans & PS360+ PCBs. :D
    post it or GTFO!
    post it or GTFO!
    maybe when its done.
  • sarconussarconus Keeping it classy Joined: Posts: 114
    Hey guys, figured i would share my experiences with the group.First off i recommend using bondo and when you sand make sure the surface is completely smooth. Stay away from putties. The portions i used putty ended up cracking after the paint went on. Second, when you start to wet sand your clear coat don't sand past the clear coat! screwed my CP paint job by doing this. Third, expect to spend A LOT of time on these cabinets. I basically gave up towards the end after spending a month on it. Lastly, expect to spend a lot of money on materials. (oh and bondo the entire thing, something i failed to do as you will see on the front of the cabinet.

All in all it is worth it but if you have little patients this is not the project for you. I ended

IMG_0434.JPG
    IMG_0438.JPG

IMG_0454.JPG
    Hey guys, figured i would share my experiences with the group.First off i recommend using bondo and when you sand make sure the surface is completely smooth. Stay away from putties. The portions i used putty ended up cracking after the paint went on. Second, when you start to wet sand your clear coat don't sand past the clear coat! screwed my CP paint job by doing this. Third, expect to spend A LOT of time on these cabinets. I basically gave up towards the end after spending a month on it. Lastly, expect to spend a lot of money on materials. (oh and bondo the entire thing, something i failed to do as you will see on the front of the cabinet.

All in all it is worth it but if you have little patients this is not the project for you. I ended

It is amazing on how much money you end up spending on this cabinet. One would not think of the misc things here and there. It adds up quickly.
    Mine isn't as nice as everyone else but didn't really cost that much extra.

Tv
    Car speakers
    Small amp
    2 pcb
    Sand paper
    Paint
    Buttons
    Sick

If anything it's just time consuming. Especially if you're new to this. That's why you get kray to paint for you if you have the money. For me I'm too cheap to go that route haha.

Kray does amazing work that's why I continue to buy his cabs. Can't wait to finish my head to head this summer.
    Mine isn't as nice as everyone else but didn't really cost that much extra.

Tv
    Car speakers
    Small amp
    2 pcb
    Sand paper
    Paint
    Buttons
    Sick

If anything it's just time consuming. Especially if you're new to this. That's why you get kray to paint for you if you have the money. For me I'm too cheap to go that route haha.

Kray does amazing work that's why I continue to buy his cabs. Can't wait to finish my head to head this summer.

I agree on the time, definitely a lot is required and patients. As far as money spent on the cab that depends on what you decide to put in it like:
    Leds
    Sound system (maybe a receiver, subwoorfer)
    Artwork
    Paint (paint booth??)
    Coin door. etc....
    So I've run into some issues. And I'm not sure where to go next. I decided to pick up some alternate PCBs since the PS 360+ is still MIA. So I got the Godlike controls MC CTHULHU. I read all the documentation. I tested the PCB into a computer. So I wire up the joystick [Sanwa JLF] ONLY to check connections, Up, Down, Left, Right and Ground. I plug the USB A -> USB B (PS3) and the joystick does not function. It does not seem like any input is going into the PS3. Is there a setting on the PS3, I need to change? Does the PCB need to be plugged in BEFORE PS3 is turned on. I know my USB cable works...so I'm sure there is something I'm missing.
    IIRC you can't boot a PS3 with a wired controller, try starting up and signing in on the PS3 with a Dualshock 3 first. I mean if you can boot the PS3 with the DS3 and then plug in the Toodles but it still doesn't register then power might not be flowing correctly.
    IIRC you can't boot a PS3 with a wired controller, try starting up and signing in on the PS3 with a Dualshock 3 first. I mean if you can boot the PS3 with the DS3 and then plug in the Toodles but it still doesn't register then power might not be flowing correctly.
    I realize a wired controller can't turn on the PS3. I thought maybe the PCB isn't plug and play and has to be plugged into prior to the console starting up. Wasn't sure. When tested with a CPU it shows up in the System Log under USB so its recognized. A little more about my system. Sanwa JLF -> JLF wiring harness -> PCB -> USB A -> USB -> to PS3. I thought maybe the JLF was mounted the wrong direction, but I got NO directional input from any direction. I wired up one button just to be sure and the buttons didn't work either. The directions seem simple so, who knows?
    If it comes up on the PC and you can get directional input but nothing happens with the PS3 then it might be firmware/software? You should PM Toodles directly and see if he can troubleshoot for you.
  • t3hrgrftwt3hrgrftw Joined: Posts: 7
    This is what i have so far let me know what you guys think536717_10100180117285564_25310593_39272228_654665656_n.jpg542017_10100129875954594_25310593_39096319_578209372_n.jpg
    same color scheme for my head to head. looks great man!
    This is what i have so far let me know what you guys think
    Looks good man. Did you do the painting yourself?
    Looks good man. Did you do the painting yourself?
    Nope I took it to a local auto body shop and they were able to paint it for me. I did all of the sanding and priming for them basically all the hard labor.
    Nope I took it to a local auto body shop and they were able to paint it for me. I did all of the sanding and priming for them basically all the hard labor.
    That's cool man. I painted mine myself along with the sanding ect...it did not come out the way i wanted it too, but oh well maybe I'll re-do the paint job one day. I'll post pics once I'm completely done though.
    how much did that cost you?
  • emphaticemphatic Joined: Posts: 478
    This is what i have so far let me know what you guys think

Looks great. I would get red inserts for the coin returns though and paint the bolts/screws on the sides black.
    I love shmups and never play fighting games.
    Here's my Guwange stick: http://www.emphatic.se/?p=197
    how much did that cost you?
    He did the paint for 300

Edit: He only did it that cheap because he agreed not to do any type of prep work on it.
    He did the paint for 300

Edit: He only did it that cheap because he agreed not to do any type of prep work on it.
    thanks for the info.
  • sarconussarconus Keeping it classy Joined: Posts: 114
    This is what i have so far let me know what you guys think536717_10100180117285564_25310593_39272228_654665656_n.jpg542017_10100129875954594_25310593_39096319_578209372_n.jpg

Looks sooooo good. I called four different auto body paint places near me and NO ONE wanted to mess with my cabinet. I would have gladly paid 300-400 dollars for a paint job. Besides it cost me nearly that much in supplies to do a half as job.
  • riceballzriceballz Joined: Posts: 25
    Can someone upload the files for the Vewlix Control Panel and SSF4 AE movelists also? The links are dead from the previous pages.. :*(