Bringing Sexy Back - Nemesis Discussion Thread (Pg.18 and beyond)

Comments

• TheCapeTheCape Joined: Posts: 944
    Stuffz

What do you think?
    If its not fun, I will just stop playing it.
  • FuzzykipsFuzzykips @FizzyKups Joined: Posts: 403
    This.... this is beautiful. Holy crap, man, I knew Frank could combo after Blue Light Special but I could never figure out how exactly to time it. I'm stealing this from you, seriously.

(And it actually does a decent amount of damage, I gotta try tacking that onto the end of a longer combo)
    GT: FizzyKups
    UMvC3: Spencer/Dante/Frank West
    AE: Juri/Guile/Viper
    What I found was that the final hit of that Hyper is two hits. If you DHC on the first hit Frank times it nearly perfectly. After that you mash the hyper (which I didn't) for more hits. You also have to be a specific range from the corner in order to do it. Check my channel, I have some other interesting stuff with Frank and Nemesis already, but I am always looking for new ideas.
    I'll hafta take a look. I knew Nemmy's Hyper had 2 hits at the end, but I never really knew how to abuse it. I'll subscribe and look at your stuff!
  • DukeofFortuneManDukeofFortuneMan I still like Nemesis... Joined: Posts: 1,278

What do you think?
    Damn, impressive stuff. I had always known a few odd properties of the cart super, like you can get a snapback or combo in higher levels when you super after his ground bounce move, but I had no idea it operated for extension in lower levels off a dhc. That's some snazzy stuff. Curious, does the starting height of the opponent in Nemesis's punches change how Frank's DHC works? What I mean is, is the height Nemesis ends them at dependent on a specific starting height for his super?
    UMVC3: I know a ton of characters, not all of them great, but for now focusing on Deadpool/Vergil/Shuma, Deadpool/Taskmaster/Hawkeye, and Taskmaster/Vergil/Hawkeye MK9: Freddy Krueger, Stryker, Sektor ; Skullgirls: Cerebella/Filia for life (<3) ; Playstation Allstars: Ratchet ; Injustice: Zombie, Teen Titans

Youtube channel: Derpfighter6
    Add me if you want to play some Marvel, GAU, Skullgirls or PSAS, I'm TiberiusF on PSN
    I did this from a standing super and from the one you see here. The first three hits seems to juggle the opponent at specifics heights (and if you start the super too late they fall out) but then the fourth hit appears to kick them up a set distance into the air and setups up the fifth hit for success. I have also learned that his BHR Hyper also resets your ground bounce. This allows him to do extended combos (trying to find one that leads into the corner and uses L Clocket to get them out into the hyper) so that Frank can properly DHC his cart.

I want to find a combo I can do consistently with Nemesis that gets Frank to lvl 4 and doesn't use TAC or any of that crap. If its DHC I would like the combo to build a meter if possible and from a command grab if super possible. Back to the lab later!

Edit: I also need a name for my team. Nemesis T-Type, Frank West, Super Skrull.
  • Colonel-GilgameshColonel-Gilgamesh Factual Joined: Posts: 9,879
    How about 'Team **** Swords'

Common thread: They all have moves with bitching range
    NNID: a2handedmonk
    Hrm...I like "Team **** Swords". Actually, considering level 4 Frank, and Skrull's command grabs, call it "Team Deadly Reach" for the pun. I call my Frank Team simply my Frank Team, but I've never been one for elaborate team themes.

If you can get a color scheme that matches all three, you can go with that for that. Otherwise, Nemesis' shirtless alt, Frank with the leopard printish or purple jacket, and Super Skrull in any costume. "Team Pimpin' Style". I mean, you've seen Skrull's walking animation, I assume.

And, of course, "Chris Redfield's Nightmare", another zombie slayer, Nemesis, and Super Skrull (who is very mean to Chris, has been since vanilla). If I were Chris, I'd hate that.
    UMVC3: I know a ton of characters, not all of them great, but for now focusing on Deadpool/Vergil/Shuma, Deadpool/Taskmaster/Hawkeye, and Taskmaster/Vergil/Hawkeye MK9: Freddy Krueger, Stryker, Sektor ; Skullgirls: Cerebella/Filia for life (<3) ; Playstation Allstars: Ratchet ; Injustice: Zombie, Teen Titans

Add me if you want to play some Marvel, GAU, Skullgirls or PSAS, I'm TiberiusF on PSN
    I vote for Team Pimpin' Style.

dat Skrull walk
    Team Deadly Reach is actually the most clever one I think. As for costumes I have them running a red,white, and blue theme. That whole America thing and all.
    I just got another interesting idea!

Going off the idea from this video:

I wonder if I can set up a reset with Nemesis and then hard tag in skull and run a combo from there. This should allow me to link into Inferno and DHC to Frank.

So Team Member 1 grabs, tags in team member 3, DHCs to team member 2? Is that right or am I a fool?
    So I improved on my combo (will record this later):

(optional jH) M,cH,S air (MMHfH) land air (Call Frank, HS), H, QCF+L, cH xx BHR, DHC to shopping cart, S, air HS, picture with Nemesis assist, kick, picture.

Should land level 4 fairly easily and can be done from just about anywhere on the screen. Trying to work out some combos I can do from anywhere with Nemesis. I think I can also do Nemesis throw to hard tag with frank and do a THC. Should land me two pictures and at least a lvl 3. I think you can also DHC on the upward hit of BHR with Survival Tools and then knee drop to picture/pictures with Frank.
    Wow, looks damaging, too. I like it. As for the skrull idea.
    I wonder if I can set up a reset with Nemesis and then hard tag in skull and run a combo from there. This should allow me to link into Inferno and DHC to Frank.

So Team Member 1 grabs, tags in team member 3, DHCs to team member 2? Is that right or am I a fool?
    The switching works out, but it would leave Nem on anchor if you can't dhc back to him later in the match, unless you have another raw tag combo idea. Not the best situation, but whatever. I hope it works, because I really wanna try this out myself. As for Nemesis's reset/raw tag combos, considering your setup already, Nemesis may have a combo into BHR from a reset that works almost as well. Also, I saw this video a while back, and tried it with X-23, and I could never find enough time to OTG. So, hopefully skrull is fast enough. You may be able to tag in frank, and try a combo beginning with camera, which would be odd, and I'm not sure how it would work, but interesting, to say the least.

Wow, that Nemesis hard tag combo... It gives me ideas.

Though, with tagging in Frank, I honestly think THC combo afterward is the best idea. Easy level 3, and if you kick you should have enough time to call the 3rd assist (Skrull in your case) and get another picture. I think.
    Unrelated, wow, I just realized that a decent amount of people use Nemesis/Frank, and those are my two teams, basically, and I've never considered using the two together. Hrm...time to look into some team synergy. Though, I personally really like my Ammy lvl5 setup, even if it is still a TAC. Still, Nem/Frank sounds fun.

Dem zombie fanatics
  • Robert BonnerRobert Bonner Joined: Posts: 38
    Just out of curiosity has anyone found any good setups for Nemesis' level three hyper. I love using the thing, but I am having trouble pulling it off. My team is Nemesis/ Vergil/ Hawkeye and the safest way I can pull it off is by THCing from vergil's devil trigger into the command grab. Any help is appreciated.
    What assists do you run with the team? I have an idea that might work if you have Vergil's rapid slash on incoming characters.

Using Nemesis jS and Vergil's rapid slash you should be able to either set this up for the level 3 or the opponent if hit will bounce off rapid slash for a follow up from Nemesis.
    I use Nemesis with Clothesline Launcher, Vergil with Rapid Slash, and Hawkeye with Quickshot arrows. That's a really good idea. I will have to try that. On another note, what do you think is Nemesis' best assist? I struggle between using Clothesline and Launcher Slam all the time.
    Just out of curiosity has anyone found any good setups for Nemesis' level three hyper. I love using the thing, but I am having trouble pulling it off. My team is Nemesis/ Vergil/ Hawkeye and the safest way I can pull it off is by THCing from vergil's devil trigger into the command grab. Any help is appreciated.

No one knows how to use that because no one has any purpose to use it. It's hands-down one of the worst moves in the entire game. There's a reason no one uses Worm Squash with Super Skrull: It's totally useless and 10000% outclassed by his other moves. Lets face it, if you have a command grab with huge range and nets a full combo, or you can choose to use 3 meters for a slower command grab with no invincibility and gives less damage, which would you go with?

As for Nemesis assists, he's not an assist character. Ever. So his best assist is whatever combos best for your team. That's what you'll be using his assists for anyways
    I think it depends on the team. The Clocket and Launcher Slam can both combo off the same situations in a combo situation, but Clocket can cover more space. How often do you find yourself using wall or ground bounces? I myself use Launcher Slam because it allows me to extend my OTG combos with Frank and even though it does not help out Skrull much, its rare that Skrull is out and I still have Nemesis alive.

Edit: Agree with Gil
    You're completely right. I agree that his level 3 is definitely one of the worst hypers in the game. With no startup invincibility and just horrible range, it really sucks. I just like to pull it out every so often for a kill. That's why I was curious if there was possibly anyway to make it work more efficiently then the way i have been pulling it off in matches currently.
    Well the idea I posted may also work for the standard command grab. As Gil said, way better off with that than the lvl 3.
    Thanks for the advice Cape and Gil! I really appreciate it.
  • MacarrattiMacarratti Joined: Posts: 1,421
    No one knows how to use that because no one has any purpose to use it. It's hands-down one of the worst moves in the entire game. There's a reason no one uses Worm Squash with Super Skrull: It's totally useless and 10000% outclassed by his other moves. Lets face it, if you have a command grab with huge range and nets a full combo, or you can choose to use 3 meters for a slower command grab with no invincibility and gives less damage, which would you go with?

As for Nemesis assists, he's not an assist character. Ever. So his best assist is whatever combos best for your team. That's what you'll be using his assists for anyways

I agree on the whole lvl3 business. It seems like the developers looked at how good BWA is as a hyper, and decided to take anything that was cool or useful out of his remaining hypers. I literally forget Nemesis has a Lvl3 sometimes.

as for Nemesis on assist, I have to disagree on that Gil. Nemesis makes for a fine assist character. Rocket assist covers normal jump height perfectly, and the soft knockdown makes it VERY good for corner combo extension (as I've said before, it gives Sentinel his Vanilla BnBs back, with an extra 100k tacked on to boot). and clothseline is a good GTFO assist, even without any invulnerability.
    I agree on the whole lvl3 business. It seems like the developers looked at how good BWA is as a hyper, and decided to take anything that was cool or useful out of his remaining hypers. I literally forget Nemesis has a Lvl3 sometimes.

as for Nemesis on assist, I have to disagree on that Gil. Nemesis makes for a fine assist character. Rocket assist covers normal jump height perfectly, and the soft knockdown makes it VERY good for corner combo extension (as I've said before, it gives Sentinel his Vanilla BnBs back, with an extra 100k tacked on to boot). and clothseline is a good GTFO assist, even without any invulnerability.

You know why he actually has that as a LVL3, right? It's just so they could get his final form on screen and allude to it. Capcom did that with nearly all of the new LVL3s, they used them as an excuse to playup something.

Iron Fist: One-Inch Punch for that Bruce Lee Smell
    Nemesis: See above
    Doctor Strange: By the Hoary Hosts of Hoggoth!
    Phoenix Wright: Had to make his 'finding the culprit' work somehow
    RR: Only move that actually has a Rocket in it.
    Firebrand: Two Red Arremers in GnG = AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH
    Ghost Rider: Penance Stare. Duh.
    Hawkeye: Avengers actually team up like that all the time. Infact, I think it's a favorite tactic of theirs

The only ones that seemed to get away is Vergil, Strider and maybe RR if you want to count him, which I'd allow.

It's nothing new(Afterall, why do you think Wesker scoops a missle out of the air in his), but Capcom often took LVL3s as a chance to pay homage. And with Nemesis, they were kind of in a tight spot. His throw setups were too good to give Mutation any speed or invincibility,but they couldn't make it comboable because....well.....a Heavy with a LVL3 combo-able move. Just think about that for a sec.

As for assists....#1, If clothesline didn't have the Rocket afterwards, I'd agree, but he's so very vulnerable. #2 Rocket loses so easily to a ton of other stuff, as it's height is very annoying. Not the best thing to call here, and there's a LOT of significantly better choices too. #3, You're telling me that Nemesis's assists are good on their own, like Strider, Doom, Sentinel, Magneto? He gets put in the same group as them? They have their uses, but they're almost only for combo extension, and that's not an assists character to me.
  • MacarrattiMacarratti Joined: Posts: 1,421
    You know why he actually has that as a LVL3, right? It's just so they could get his final form on screen and allude to it. Capcom did that with nearly all of the new LVL3s, they used them as an excuse to playup something.

Iron Fist: One-Inch Punch for that Bruce Lee Smell
    Nemesis: See above
    Doctor Strange: By the Hoary Hosts of Hoggoth!
    Phoenix Wright: Had to make his 'finding the culprit' work somehow
    RR: Only move that actually has a Rocket in it.
    Firebrand: Two Red Arremers in GnG = AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH
    Ghost Rider: Penance Stare. Duh.
    Hawkeye: Avengers actually team up like that all the time. Infact, I think it's a favorite tactic of theirs

The only ones that seemed to get away is Vergil, Strider and maybe RR if you want to count him, which I'd allow.

It's nothing new(Afterall, why do you think Wesker scoops a missle out of the air in his), but Capcom often took LVL3s as a chance to pay homage. And with Nemesis, they were kind of in a tight spot. His throw setups were too good to give Mutation any speed or invincibility,but they couldn't make it comboable because....well.....a Heavy with a LVL3 combo-able move. Just think about that for a sec.

As for assists....#1, If clothesline didn't have the Rocket afterwards, I'd agree, but he's so very vulnerable. #2 Rocket loses so easily to a ton of other stuff, as it's height is very annoying. Not the best thing to call here, and there's a LOT of significantly better choices too. #3, You're telling me that Nemesis's assists are good on their own, like Strider, Doom, Sentinel, Magneto? He gets put in the same group as them? They have their uses, but they're almost only for combo extension, and that's not an assists character to me.

oh no, I'm not comparing assist nemesis to the top tier assists in the game. I'm just saying, he has his uses as an assist.

sorry if it sounded like I was suggesting the former.
    I use Nemesis with Clothesline Launcher, Vergil with Rapid Slash, and Hawkeye with Quickshot arrows. That's a really good idea. I will have to try that. On another note, what do you think is Nemesis' best assist? I struggle between using Clothesline and Launcher Slam all the time.
    Considering we use a nearly identical team, I like clothesline. Your Vergil definitely acts differently than my X-23, but I like clothesline assist just because the rocket on the second hit makes them wanna crouch, which is lovely for my command throw, but it also helpful for Vergil's quicker mixups. Also, the two hits really keeps them still, and it has a very nice hit range, which I say less about Clothesline. And I think though Launcher Slam is a tiny bit better for combo extension, whatever.

By the way, welcome to the Nemesis threads. Glad to have you with us. I'm also happy to see that you're using a team I thought of using myself. I'm just not as comfortable with Vergil as I am with X-23. I'm curious as to what Nemesis/rapid slash tech you came up with.

Oh, and my only lvl 3 setups are either what I'd use to set-up light tentacle slam when I want to be sure I can get a kill, and one mind-game thing that works ONCE, because it's derpy, but no one sees it. I pretend to not connect with my X-23 Rage Trigger hyper after my bnb. They block the first two spins, then as she does the uppercut part, they just get out of blockstun, and then I DHC, and they're all OH SHIT. Well, as I said, they see it once, they'll know to jump at the last second next time. Derpy. Anyone got something real, lemme know, and I don't have a rapid slash to try out that incoming stuff.

Nemesis' Level 3 is really a Level 4. Because that's really the only way to pull it off against better players. It works against really passive players, I guess?
    My personal set up for it is Funny Face Crusher (whiff) -> Fatal Mutation

As for the assist thing, I would agree he's not as "Assist Character"... one whose assists help a teammate get in. I don't like Rocket Launcher personally, but Clocket and Launcer Slam are good for extending combos. It does just come down to whether you want a Wall Bounce or Ground Bounce.
    Though Launcher Slam is actually pretty good for mix-ups with someone like Frank or Dormammu, who have teleports or "teleports"
    Question for you guys: What would you tell a new person who wants to start playing Nemesis? And I mean, the full gamut, all the info you have/want to give.
  • Psych0Sh0tPsych0Sh0t CAW CAW CAW Joined: Posts: 1,856
    Question for you guys: What would you tell a new person who wants to start playing Nemesis? And I mean, the full gamut, all the info you have/want to give.
    Tell them about his mobility first and foremost. Let them know that, even he looks like it, he's NOT the slowest character in the game, and not just in terms of walk speed either. Let 'em know he does good damage, and can ToD off of a reset a lot of characters just flatout can't get out of.
    Zombie/Dark Knight/Foot Dive
    He's got resets like no other character, and he's got a few moves that make him just simply better than anyone else. He's got more damage than you think, more movement than you think, more zoning than you think. He's a character who, as you learn him, just keeps surprising you as to just how badass he is, and I don't think I can say that about any other character.

• OnlyWingedAngelOnlyWingedAngel Nemesis T-Type Guru Extrodinare Joined: Posts: 9,496

-Every normal he has is useful and each one serves its purpose in countering a situation.
    -Bad against keepaway for the most part
    -LOTS of range
    -lots of damage
    -Not slow when compared to Hulk or Haggar
    -Some of the best reset tools and one of the best command grabs in the game
    -Great defensive and offensive character.
    -NOT a Good anchor
    -Works best with a team built around him
    -If you like Strider, consider playing Nemesis
    -NOT an Assist character

-Is not as great with Armor moves as Hulk or Sentinel is
    -Not as beefy as other heavy characters (only 1.15 mil)
    Here's a good conversation starter: Do you(and should you) play a defensive or offensive Nemesis?
    Depends, I switch depending on the situation. If it's a heavy character, I keep away. If it's a XF'ed character I keepaway. if it's character who has put themselves n a position where it's difficult to approach them I keepaway. Characters who also have a hard time dealing with keepaway themselves is also where I use it. Sometimes I just Deadly Reach spam without even using a normal as a way of forcing the opponent onto the offensive. If its none of the above I'm usually on offense.
    UMvC3: Nemesis T-Type (y)/Hawkeye (a)/Strider Hiryu (y)
    SCV: Siegfried, Nightmare, Leixia, Mitsurugi TTT2: Lei Wulong/Marshall Law
    PSN: OnlyWingedAngel
    Nemesis T-Type - Tutorial and Combo Videos Here
    I just got another interesting idea!
    I wonder if I can set up a reset with Nemesis and then hard tag in skull and run a combo from there.

Probably not very effectively, as Skrull's main OTG for combos, being that dive attack, also uses a ground bounce, so they'd just stand up. I'm making a run through of that idea at the moment. Dr. Doom is currently in the lead for best use, as he can get a full Foot Dive loop in the corner from it, amounting to about 600,000 damage before hypers.
  • insaneleeinsanelee duyw0rk Joined: Posts: 1,007
    nem sucks :[

i must be a scrub bc i had the hardest time getting spencer off of me last night. spencer/wol/wesker and spencer/dante/felicia
    [14:38] <@Chang>; pz john
    [14:38] <@Chang>; hes pretty trustworthy

.. .
    So I improved on my combo (will record this later):

(optional jH) M,cH,S air (MMHfH) land air (Call Frank, HS), H, QCF+L, cH xx BHR, DHC to shopping cart, S, air HS, picture with Nemesis assist, kick, picture.

Should land level 4 fairly easily and can be done from just about anywhere on the screen. Trying to work out some combos I can do from anywhere with Nemesis. I think I can also do Nemesis throw to hard tag with frank and do a THC. Should land me two pictures and at least a lvl 3. I think you can also DHC on the upward hit of BHR with Survival Tools and then knee drop to picture/pictures with Frank.
    Does not work sadly. QCF+L = wall bounce and Shopping Cart = Wall Bounce. Back to the drawing board.
  • motion51motion51 Joined: Posts: 387
    for anyone running spencer and nemesis together...this duo allows you to get the most expensive (but most hype!) inescapable reset in the game at the cost of 4 meters. it works anywhere on screen and with 5 meters in the corner with x-factor level 1 and the right assist you build a "6th" bar for a TOD on thor!

just use the :h: followup to any of spencers grounded grapples and then immediately bionic arm ( :qcb::atk::atk:) DHC as fast as possible into nemesis level 3 ( :hcb::atk::atk: )
  • OnlyWingedAngelOnlyWingedAngel Nemesis T-Type Guru Extrodinare Joined: Posts: 9,496
    Judging from our matches with Airtola. TECHNICALLY Hulk vs Nemesis is in Nemesis's favor. Judging by tools vs Tools, however Airtola's just a damn good player he makes us (90% of the time) look free. Its more of a - 6/7-10 in Nemesis in favor. The Hulk's armor and mobility beats Nemesis though by far. Gamma Charge is an armored high-damaging hit-confirm dash, it beats out almost everything Nemesis has except for Deadly Reach at its apex. Hulk's s.H = Nemesis's s.h?

btw: That incoming mixup Airtola's Nemesis did, the crossup under-dash into Level 3 throw. That was pretty smart, in a later match today I stole that tech and used it lol, and it worked like a charm.
    UMvC3: Nemesis T-Type (y)/Hawkeye (a)/Strider Hiryu (y)
    SCV: Siegfried, Nightmare, Leixia, Mitsurugi TTT2: Lei Wulong/Marshall Law
    PSN: OnlyWingedAngel
    Nemesis T-Type - Tutorial and Combo Videos Here
    Well, Hulk's got a few things on Nemesis and they are significant. First and foremost is his instant overhead, which KILLS Nemesis and his big frame. Next, Hulk out armors Nemesis handedly, especially with Gamma Charge. Lastly, Hulk has scary close range pressure, and Nemesis can hard a hard time getting him off.

Of course, there are other interesting counterpoints in Nemesis's favor. Nemesis has better keepaway to be sure, and Deadly Reach does a really good job vs Hulk. I mean REALLY good. The armor from sH can actually tank the initial jump from Gamma Crush, making it one of the few moves that Bio Weapon assault can actually counter. Also, and this is a very theory fighter suggestion here, In a straight up sH armor match, Nemesis will come out on top, as unlike Hulk Nemesis still has the option to go into Tentacle Slam after they exchange armor, which is faster than most Gamma Charges and Hulk's Launcher.