Modding SSF4AE for PC (NO DLC UNLOCKS!)

Comments

• CWheezyCWheezy Joined: Posts: 889
    Is there a way to make the stages smaller horizontally?

Also, I am still confused on how to edit the hitstun. Where do I go to edit that, and what header is it under?

Finally, if I wanted to remove a part of a super (removing the slide ender to knee press nightmare), where would I do that.

Finally, can you affect the tracking of headstomp, and can you make the skull diver followup and devil's reverse always activate to the opponent, so you can crossup with them?
  • hunterkhunterk Joined: Posts: 2,237
    I believe the stage size is hardcoded.

I can't help with the other stuff :(
  • Kraga PhanKraga Phan Joined: Posts: 188
    Hello all,

Its been a while since I have frequented the forums , but I am working with a buddy of mine to create a final balanced version of SSF4AE 2012.
    We have called the it SSF4AE Redemption for the time being.
    So far with Ono, we have successfully modified some really granular changes to the game while keeping a change log as we go.
    Makoto and Guy are the 2 characters we have started with.
    eg...

GUY > Run>Stop now allows you to build meter. Not a crazy amount but enough that it feels like its a worth while move to whiff at times.
    GUY > Flip Throw> Can now grab ducking opponents. Again, its not crazy overpowered or anything. Its a subtle tweak that makes your flip throw a bit more scary for your opponent.

MAKOTO>Fukiage> We now increased the damage to 105 from 90. Original 2012 patch it was 125.

We are really dedicated to creating a very balanced experience. :-)

We did run into a bit of a problem that I hope you fine folks could help with.
    The Idea:
    DAN > Super Taunt>

I wanted to give Dan a bit more reason to use his super taunt. The only reason atm is to super taunt then cancel into Ultra as the opponent gets bored with your shenanigans. What if the super taunt would drain your opponent's super meter while he taunts??? Add insult to injury? :-) This way you almost force your opponent to attack you to stop the draining effect, which sets up for that Ultra cancel.

The Problem:
    We have found out how to make your character build meter on whiff or build on hit, that sort of thing. The problem is how do you remove it from your opponent?
    The way I am thinking of approaching it is by adding a hit box to the move at every taunt he does. Making the hitbox the size of the entire screen so it will hit the opponent no matter where he is. Then finding the property to make sure it doesn't play the hit stun on the opponent, so that the opponent can still do everything as normal. I'm looking at HitBoxData>AtkMeter & VctmMeter (far right). I figure that i can put a negative value in there since its defaulted to a positive value to remove super bar from your opponent.

So, what do you guys think?
    Am I on the right track?

Cheers

Kraga
    @Kraga Phan
    Hey man, glad to hear you're still around.

I like your balance ideas so far, and that seems like a good place to start with the Super Taunt (though moveset editing is not my forte). Even with no hitstun, it may interrupt things like jumps, but maybe not. Even if it does, that might be a cool result, anyway.

The only thing I would suggest for Zangief: bring back knockdown on non-counter-hit EX greenhand and/or make non-EX GHs safe on *hit*... I would also like to see E. Honda's damage put back to SSF4 levels.

Are you planning any nerfs or just buffs? Will Fuerte get meter for run-cancelling, too?

Also, if you are interested in doing any more cosmetic modding, a lot of the old restrictions/limitations have been worked around or removed entirely.:)
    @HunterK
    I like the changes your are proposing for Zangief. So far we have a Nerf on his Jab SPD range. That sh!t is broken in 2012!
    We also we thinking of a nerf on his lariats as well. Making the Kicks version more of an antiair and his Punches version as more of a ground move.
    E.Honda absoluetly needs a tweak! I have ideas of making his Ultra 2 a hit grab like Ibuki's Raida. This way you can jump in deep HK and snap them up with Orochi Breaker. :-)

Cosmetic modding is something I really want to come back to but for the moment I only have a small amount of spare time so rebalancing works well as a stop and go.

Keep them fine tweaks in mind and let me know what your thinking... :-)
    heh, that's fair. I never got used to the huge spd range anyway. :P

Any change to Honda's U2 is welcome. As it currently exists (a 2-frame startup, I think?), people can just hold 'up' when they see the ultra flash, which renders it pretty much useless.
    Yah, we finally fixed Guy's Ultra 2 which is like that. The flash happens and you press up to jump out every time. Now its like Zangief's. Flash happens if you weren't jumping before hand, too bad!! POW right in the kisser! :-)
    E.Honda is next....
    I am actually doing a rebalance, but you won't like mine, ha. My changes are like a whole new game.

Basically I am increasing the damage and stun of everything, and a general block stun increase. Also, removing ex moves, and changing regular moves to make up for it. Ie, with bison his regular dr has a slight amount of invincibility, but he no longer has teleport, ex scissors, or ex head stomp. But, all scissors are now at least 0 on block, and do 50% more damage and stun. Basically the idea is to make ofense much more powerful, overallll, without things like safe on block dps with meter
    @CWheezy
    I like that idea, actually.

I considered removing FADCs and combo-into-ultras, as I think they cheapen the game and are too heavily relied-upon in high-level play (to the extent that I've heard people say a character isn't "viable" unless s/he has a 3-frame/invincible reversal that is FADC-able). Honestly, I wouldn't mind totally removing EX/Super/Ultra meters...
  • SorwahSorwah Joined: Posts: 891
    I am actually doing a rebalance, but you won't like mine, ha. My changes are like a whole new game.

Basically I am increasing the damage and stun of everything, and a general block stun increase. Also, removing ex moves, and changing regular moves to make up for it. Ie, with bison his regular dr has a slight amount of invincibility, but he no longer has teleport, ex scissors, or ex head stomp. But, all scissors are now at least 0 on block, and do 50% more damage and stun. Basically the idea is to make ofense much more powerful, overallll, without things like safe on block dps with meter

I would like it if Abare Tosanami was Mak's super and making her Tanden Reki her U2 instead. That or Abare Tosanami does more damage than her Seichu ultra, considering that there's no way to combo into Abare.
    What I may do with ultras is make them only one per round, but you start with a maxed one. Also, I am removing focus attacks. Roman cancels can be ok, but you only fade basically one thing per character, ie. Ryun only fade uppercuts, juri only AFDC pinwheel, etc. it is a pretend freedom, because of how powerful one specific option is..

I also don't like roman cancels in non air dash games, if that makes sense
  • AnotakAnotak mad scientist Joined: Posts: 1,890
    http://www.twitch.tv/zero000/b/320316822 six hours of ssf4remix footage. they were still figuring out a lot of stuff so they aren't fully using the system yet.

if you guys havent seen then http://www.sf4remix.com/ and we're working on a wiki but its still very incomplete http://www.sf4remix.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

on the subject of rebalance changes and such, remix isn't intended to be a rebalance or even a koryu/rainbow style game. its more intended to be a remix (as the name says) as sort of a combination of sf4 with ideas from the versus series, ggxx, kof, and various poverty games.

we removed focus attacks too, removed ultras and the meter. we kept ex moves, most supers are now 2 bars (some are 3 or 4). we put an alpha counter on 6mp+mk input, and the ex cancel on mp+mk (a roman cancel). the ex cancel mostly only works on grounded moves and recovers in 2 frames. we made many of the ex cancels on invincible moves only work on hit rather than block. it costs 1 bar for normals, and 2 bars for specials and some supers. some normal throws are cancellable too.
    forward dashes are cancellable to attacks, which significantly changes the footsies game. some characters have airdashes and even flight mode, and a lot of other mobility tools.

it plays very non-sf, but so far our testing has had a lot of positive responses. balance will not be perfect (we're working with a 2 man team here lol) but we're trying our hardest to make it so that every character is at least viable.
    @Anotak & @CWheezy

The direction of your projects are certainly different but really intriguing. Our project is so modest in scope by comparison. :-p

I have a question about building Super Meter or even building Ultra Meter.
    As I stated with my first post about modifying Dan Super - Legendary Taunt, I need to find a way to drain the opponent's Super Meter or Ultra Meter.
    Any thoughts? :-)
  • DantarionDantarion Joined: Posts: 258
    Hitboxes with negative meter gain.
    I had this problem before, and I forget how I fixed it, but if I create a new input motion for a move, the game does not recognize it and does the special move on any press of punch/kick.

Am I missing something?

EDIT: Well, I just copy pasted from another character for the move I wanted, oh well. That works, heh
    Sorry for double post, but I will just Start posting my changed characters here:

"Completed" characters:
    SF2:
    Vega, Bison, Zangief, Ryu, Ken, Guile, Balrog, Fei Long, E Honda, Dhalsim, Cammy, Deejay, Chun Li, Sagat, Blanka, T. Hawk, Akuma

SFA:
    Cody, Rose, Adon, Gen, Guy, Sakura

SF3:
    Dudley, Makoto, Yun, Yang

SF4:
    Hakan, C Viper, Gouken, Rufus, Evil Ryu, Oni, El Fuerte

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7131649/SFIV Classic/SFIV Classic.rar

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7131649/SFIV Classic/SSFIV Mod Changelog.txt

There will most likely be hella bugs, so if you find one, tell me
    May I suggest a different name? SF4 remix is already something. Calling your mod "SF4 SF2 Remix" doesn't help distinguish yourself
    Sorry for double post, but I will just Start posting my changed characters here:

Completed characters:

Vega, Bison, Zangief

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7131649/SFIV, SF2 Remix/SFIV SF2 Remix.rar

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7131649/SFIV, SF2 Remix/SSFIV Mod Changelog.txt

There will most likely be hella bugs, so if you find one, tell me
    as Dantarion said, it might be better to avoid confusion and pick a different name. after all, people might see our videos and think it is your project.

some thoughts on your changes:
    - i would put all the dizzy damage of supers/ultras onto the last hit to prevent them falling out and it becoming unsafe on hit
    - giefs greenhand afaik has never been safe on any game and for good reason. it is too strong for him to be able to cancel into something safe-on-block that moves him forward. on st it pushes back farther and it had so many active frames if you hit meaty it was able to be made safe either by range or by being meaty.
    - not sure why you would change gief's spd motion, many people find hcb/hcf to be harder, and quarter circle or srk would make it too quickly accessible in footsies
    - if you want claw to be more like st you should make walldive safer on block

i definitely see where you're going tho and i approve of the sf2-like direction
    Oh I was just changing the spd motion as a placeholder, to see if I could actually change something. I will probably change it to yoga flame soon ish.

I agree on the different name! Also pretty sure green hand is safe in alpha 2 and 3. Jab one is mostly safe in hdr, and that is fine imo, but I probably should increase pushback.

I actually can't think of any names besides remix that are short. SFIV F.O.M (sfiv For Old Men?)
    how about 'retro' or 'classic' or 'revival'?
    Classic is the best if those I think
    @Dantarion
    Hitboxes with negative meter gain.

The problem is that what I tried is putting a negative number in the Hitboxes before and it went red with the error.
    Meter gain is something we are able to do which is a negative on whiff to gain meter or positive to remove from your EX meter, but never can you remove meter from your opponent when u do a move.
  • SFJakeSFJake Joined: Posts: 151
    Did anyone figure out how to make a "ground bounce" without TargetLock? I remember reading about this here but I can't find it. Basically like a wall bounce, but on the ground, and you can combo after.
  • razor5070razor5070 You Fiend Joined: Posts: 166
    Did anyone figure out how to make a "ground bounce" without TargetLock? I remember reading about this here but I can't find it. Basically like a wall bounce, but on the ground, and you can combo after.

In my mod, I have implemented a ground bounce.
    Basically what I did was add a new damage animation to every character, then you can set and use it like any damage animation

gbi.png

Now, if you want to, you can download http://nullh.net/carl/AVEBRAWL/GBI/BLOW_GROUND_BOUNCE.dat
    You can import that with YomiLayer7and use it.
    If you do, be sure that the index matches for every single character.
    So I have issues with creating new moves, or even editing previous moves for at least the input motions in ono.

If I ever delete a move, I can't ever get it back without reverting to the original build of the character which sucks a lot, because there is a lot of data entry for increasing the damage on things for my mod.

Does anyone know why I wouldn't be able to create a new move? I have asked anotak and he has no idea, because running in admin mode didn't do anything.

In any case, it would be pretty helpful if someone could take my dhalsim and re add his grounded teleport ( Ilike the gameplay of his air teleport, but it seems annoying to always tiger knee it, so I wanted to just make his grounded teleport the tiger knee air one, and that did not work out so well)
  • Anish SinghAnish Singh Joined: Posts: 271
    Hello,I tried to add mustach to the dictator in sf4ae 1st and 4th costume.
    The mustach was working on 1st costume.but when I replaced 1st costume by 4th.and then I when added mustach to the 4th costume,it was not working.And only zangief's mustach was working but gouken and heihachi's mustach were not working.
    I need some help with ddsrefedit. also emgswap wasnt working properly in sfxt. These are the issues.So I need help.:(

sf4 remix from ceo2012. i gotta do some balance changes
  • Gurpreet SinghGurpreet Singh Joined: Posts: 4
    hello,i tried to add vfxscripts but i could not add them.so for vfx scripts,i tried to copy all moves of the character that did not have vfxs to the character that had vfx.I tested some actions on the game,and i had read them if they are the same in ono but some of them were not proper.
    Is there any other way to add vfx scripts to the bac file that does not have vfx scripts?
    Or what is the method to add them using hex editor such that the bac file does not crash?I just need one vfx script so that many vfx scripts can be added if one is there.
    do reply and thanks.
    this is the main issue.I hope the xml editor that will be released does not have such issues.
  • tsunamikentsunamiken Tidal Wave Fist Joined: Posts: 457
    This will remove all traces of music from the PC version of SSF4AE 2012 Edition.

Replace these files with the zipped versions, taking care to backup your originals:

Capcom\Super Street Fighter IV\resource\ui\sound\se\GAME_SE.csb

Capcom\Super Street Fighter IV\resource\battle\sound\BTL_CMN.csb

Capcom\Super Street Fighter IV\resource\battle\sound\bgm\*.csb

Created/Edited by Tsunamiken using Goshanes Street Fighter IV Audio Manager

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&confirm=no_antivirus&id=0B91WzHGgKZo0LUxpZjFsMVljZkU
    from foul waters the lotus blossoms arise
  • megamonk4megamonk4 Joined: Posts: 166
    Is it possible to make throws end in a air recover state like ST? The only thing I could think of to alter a throw is to go through the hitbox data and use Effect:Scripts and Script: Damage to cause opponents to be thrown similar to Makoto's forward throw or to use Script: Blow to move how close or far they will be thrown, but nothing force air recover or to even get like a soft knockdown...
    hello,when i tried to replace cammy with poison's emgs and then when i tested it in the game then this came.I want to know how to sort this out.

See the image below.
    527836_10150912146704514_472077901_n.jpg
    http://www.twitch.tv/cwheezy/b/322516784

A stream of my mod so far, still has bugs but I am happy with progress
  • heczhecz AboveDaInfluence24/7 Joined: Posts: 1,270
    can anyone point me where to edit hakans moves I want hakan to start oiled on version 1.05 I remember there was a thread talking about this but I cant find it.

I replaced 1.07 files on 1.05 all characters have the moves of 2012 except hakan doesnt start oiled.

tnx.
    Twitch:
    My mods: http://metrocitymodders.deviantart.com/gallery/
    Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3900632
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/xHECZx_SFV_MODS
    Metroxylon says: " I'm waiting for the day you turn 18 and realize drugs are good "
  • error1error1 Joined: Posts: 421
    Is it possible to make throws end in a air recover state like ST? The only thing I could think of to alter a throw is to go through the hitbox data and use Effect:Scripts and Script: Damage to cause opponents to be thrown similar to Makoto's forward throw or to use Script: Blow to move how close or far they will be thrown, but nothing force air recover or to even get like a soft knockdown...
    Doing a hit/damage vs an airborne opponent should cause that
  • ilitiritilitirit Joined: Posts: 6,398
    DAN > Super Taunt>

I wanted to give Dan a bit more reason to use his super taunt. The only reason atm is to super taunt then cancel into Ultra as the opponent gets bored with your shenanigans.
    Not really. You can use it in combos.

Jump to 1m06s:
    can anyone point me where to edit hakans moves I want hakan to start oiled on version 1.05 I remember there was a thread talking about this but I cant find it.

I replaced 1.07 files on 1.05 all characters have the moves of 2012 except hakan doesnt start oiled.

tnx.
    That kind of change is probably in the exe/xex
  • heczhecz AboveDaInfluence24/7 Joined: Posts: 1,270
    That kind of change is probably in the exe/xex
    damn :(

tnx a lot anyways cuz ive been replacing files and reading forums for days.
    Twitch:
    My mods: http://metrocitymodders.deviantart.com/gallery/
    Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3900632
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/xHECZx_SFV_MODS
    Metroxylon says: " I'm waiting for the day you turn 18 and realize drugs are good "
  • error1error1 Joined: Posts: 421
    I tried to add vfx scripts to zangief by exporting his moves and importing them to oni's(gkx) bac file using yomi layer then hitboxes were edited and dhalsim's moves were added using ono. but there is an issue every time a character gets stunned by zangief's hits,his stun number increases(multiplied by 1.2). Howshould I resolve this??Please tell me.
    everyone stun increases after they've been stunned, that's normal
    Hey guys. I am trying to make Gen's ultras not juggle after his punch super, but allowing his kkk super to still juggle, how do I change it? IUt seems no matter what I have been changing, evertyhing can juggle after the punch super