Bringing Sexy Back - Nemesis Discussion Thread (Pg.18 and beyond)

Comments

• FuzzykipsFuzzykips @FizzyKups Joined: Posts: 403
    This is gonna sound kinda dumb, but I'm extremely amused by this:

So, with Nemesis, I did st. H -> Clocket L, dash forward and jump -> j.H -> j.s -> tag into Frank -> st. S -> j.MMHS -> dash back, call Dormammu assist and Snapshot -> cr.H -> st. S -> immediate j.S -> Knee Drop, cancel recovery into THC for Nemesis/Frank Special -> Level 5

So yeah. I didn't realize that you could just raw tag and continue a combo off of Nemmy's wall bounce. It's pretty cool and I'm sure someone else could come up with something even better.
    GT: FizzyKups
    UMvC3: Spencer/Dante/Frank West
    AE: Juri/Guile/Viper
  • DukeofFortuneManDukeofFortuneMan I still like Nemesis... Joined: Posts: 1,278
    Awesome. I like raw tags. I'll try to just tack on my X-23 BnB on the end of it, see if that works. I've got work in 10 minutes, so labbing later.
    UMVC3: I know a ton of characters, not all of them great, but for now focusing on Deadpool/Vergil/Shuma, Deadpool/Taskmaster/Hawkeye, and Taskmaster/Vergil/Hawkeye MK9: Freddy Krueger, Stryker, Sektor ; Skullgirls: Cerebella/Filia for life (<3) ; Playstation Allstars: Ratchet ; Injustice: Zombie, Teen Titans

Youtube channel: Derpfighter6
    Add me if you want to play some Marvel, GAU, Skullgirls or PSAS, I'm TiberiusF on PSN
  • Colonel-GilgameshColonel-Gilgamesh Factual Joined: Posts: 9,900
    By the way, I decided to do some investigating into Nemesis tag combos. That being, tagging after a Clocket. The bad news is that a lot of people are unable to connect from what I've seen. The good news is, most of the ones who can are all very top tier. I've been able to combo using the following characters: Magneto, Dormammu, Vergil, Akuma, Spencer, Haggar, Deadpool, Wolverine, Zero, Viper, Ammy, X-23, Spiderman, She-Hulk, Jill and others. Doom is an oddball, as he has to combo OUTSIDE the corner only. Many others can get a cL or something, but the opponent flips out.

For the most part, these require being at least somewhere near the corner. The few that I've been able to combo from full screen I will denote with *.There are two methods for landing the combo that I have ben using. Either cL cM sH QCF or cL cM sH DP+M cM sH QCF. Basically, I use the QCF before 7 hits. I figure dabbling anywhere later than that will cause too much hitstun scaling.

The connecting moves are different for each person. But for the most part, it needs to be a fast move. This is what I've been able to confirm off of.
    Magneto: cL. Standard combo. I don't play Magneto, but I'd imagine you could get a ton of meter and a ton of damage
    *Dormammu: Launcher and or cL. Launcher for DP combo, cL for other.
    Vergil: DP+L or sM. You have to be careful though since you use your wall bounce, but I do believe one could do some nasty Vergil combos from here.
    *Akuma: Launcher, cL. Again, Launcher for DP combo, cL for not. I've also been able to do launcher without DP combo, but I find cL works better here. Also was able to do ShoryukenH.
    Spencer: sL. I got a little from it, but again, a wall bounce was used and I don't have a Spencer
    Haggar: cL. Cancel into Lariat and proceed to combo from there via assists.
    *Deadpool: Launcher. Going into M H Bolo after launcher works and goes into Quick Work. Given on of the recent DP combo video that came out, this can be pretty good.
    Wolverine: DP. I can't get anything else from this, but I figure you can at least get Claw loops.
    Zero: sM. Other moves can catch, but this is the one that goes into launcher.
    Viper: Thunder Knuckle H. The DP Thunder Knuckle, must be canceled. Like Magneto and whatnot, I don't have combos but again I am sure you can combo from this.
    *Ammy: Launcher. Pretty straightforward. Nothing fancy.
    X-23; sL. Another more or less straightforward hit.
    Spider-man: cL. Timing an issue
    She-Hulk: cL. Timing also an issue her, but you can go into Grab super if needed.
    Jill: Launcher. Not that good considering how Jill gets damage.

Doom: cL. Timing VERY strict, but I expect very good damage.

The big reason why I'm looking into it is because as we know, Nemesis's damage is very good early on in the combo, but pales later on. By tagging out before his air series, you've got either 4 hits that total 300K in 4 hits(320K and 5 hits with the tag), or 450K in 7 hits(470K and 8 hits with tag). Not bad for certain characters who don't have good starting damage, as well as getting around BWA, whose scaling's are rather poor. For example, a Nemesis combo often caps at about 750,000 damage. Tagging in Dormammu mid combo for a basic launch does about 830,000 instead.
    NNID: a2handedmonk
    *Dormammu: Launcher and or cL. Launcher for DP combo, cL for other.
    X-23; sL. Another more or less straightforward hit.
    Well, those may have some amazing potential for damage in my team, actually (if I ran Dormy with Nem, I might start it). If dormammu can do his cr. L st.H 6H stuff with an assist to catch them, this could be some godlike damage. If not, launch, MMHS, and at the very worst, carpet, launcher slam, 6H dark hole chaotic flame may work.

And yay, someone confirming the X-23 rawtag stuff before I got back from work! I was actually going to lab this earlier, but then extra shifts + EVO. So...yeah. Finding out how awesome this is, later.

Also, gil, as Fuzzy pointed out, Frank's S is a godlike recipient of rawtag stuff. And Spencer might be able to Armor Piercer from the tag, then some sorta hyper, and if he's got the right assist, he may possibly be able to otg and have an assist catch them? Can't check now. Assist me panel, as well as Firebrands on stream. Also, I have less of a Spencer than anyone here. So bad...I am so bad at Spencer.
    UMVC3: I know a ton of characters, not all of them great, but for now focusing on Deadpool/Vergil/Shuma, Deadpool/Taskmaster/Hawkeye, and Taskmaster/Vergil/Hawkeye MK9: Freddy Krueger, Stryker, Sektor ; Skullgirls: Cerebella/Filia for life (<3) ; Playstation Allstars: Ratchet ; Injustice: Zombie, Teen Titans

Add me if you want to play some Marvel, GAU, Skullgirls or PSAS, I'm TiberiusF on PSN
    My intent was less about extended combos and more about just establishing it can be done/ease.
    Oh man, combusted gave me an idea.

Alright guys, I'm suggesting that Nemesis start ending his blockstrings with Deadly Reach. It's -1 on block, so the punish window is really tight. It pushes Nemesis forward, keeping you nice and close. The beauty of this setup, if I'm thinking correctly, is that either your opponent is standing, taking it, and being put into a safe blockstring from which they can virtually not punish. If the opponent Advance Guards, well then you're safer than Clocket. Too many times I've been pushblocked during st.H and Clocketed right into empty space and punished. I think Deadly Reach should alleviate this issue.
    The true beauty in it though, is that a ducking opponent can altogether dodge the tentacle. If this happens, cancel straight into Tentacle Slam L.

I haven't had a chance to try this out because I just thought of it five minutes ago, but I will be trying it and see how it works out.
    The reason we don't do that is that if they advancing guard, you're safe, but you're left halfway across the planet. And if they duck a lot, they'll be expecting the grab and bad times ensue
    I wouldn't be so quick to discount DR enders. I've been using them more often now, despite that the pushblock, plus my Nem has no assist to help with zoners. Like all of Nem's stuff, it's good if not used enough to form a pattern.

I've been doing far fewer clockets now that I'm playing people who know the Nem matchup, and know they can throw, (thanks OWA and Gil). I've been thinking a lot about me playing Nemesis at an actually good level, and how to make strings safe and fluid, and I've been brainstorming. Because of work and EVO while watching Netflix on the duller matches (top tier v. top tier, boring), I've been away from the lab. Hopefully I eventually play with the following safety measures, and only these. This is theory, so lemme know what y'all think (considering you've probly already known and incorporated these flawlessly)

1) and end as I began, with a cr. L, rarely a cr. M, usually from an air entry, so I have the reflexes not to miss a combo connection. 2)Deadly reach and deadly reach variations for those unsafe strangs. It's good for guys who know the "correct" time to advancing guard Nem. If this isn't done too often, I won't constantly go fullscreen, which is nice. Also, cancel DR into a clocket every once in a while to stay close and surprise them enough (or stay not directly next to them, have yet to test how this actually spaces) so I won't get grabbed straightaway. Either way, this version of clocket would be less expected. Or, just thought of it, if they are expecting the whiffgrab, go whiffed DR immediately into DP+M. Should smack them, unless they were already mashing light to save their lives (some Nem delayed trickery doesn't work online, dumb mashers). 3) If I'm going to attempt a command grab whiff on DR, I usually like to go in expecting to do it, so I use shorter strings, which work better. cr. LM into DRgrab, or, this is odd, and should be terrible, but one of my favorites, cr.H DRgrab, I find it works for sheer surprise. The fun of this is on footsies guys, and when they see the slow move coming, they block one shot, but one hit is much harder to react to than a LMH, so what?! I'm grabbed?! Or cr. H on hit juggles them so they get hit by the DR, in which case launch or something for combo fun. 4) clocket while an assist is already out there/going towards them, keeps you close and personal.

Theory fighter, yay!!!.......I need to get back to training mode.

• CTGCTG Army of Zero Joined: Posts: 6,362
    This is gonna sound kinda dumb, but I'm extremely amused by this:

So, with Nemesis, I did st. H -> Clocket L, dash forward and jump -> j.H -> j.s -> tag into Frank -> st. S -> j.MMHS -> dash back, call Dormammu assist and Snapshot -> cr.H -> st. S -> immediate j.S -> Knee Drop, cancel recovery into THC for Nemesis/Frank Special -> Level 5

So yeah. I didn't realize that you could just raw tag and continue a combo off of Nemmy's wall bounce. It's pretty cool and I'm sure someone else could come up with something even better.

Wow thanks for this. I was playing around w/ Zero/Nem/Frank and trying to figure out different ways to level up Frank. This should help.
    Found a weird glitch today. DP+H hits on both sides, right? I landed it on an opponent who was behind me(That being Nemesis was looking away from him) and it sent both him AND Nemesis careening across the screen. Like, almost corner to corner.
    Huh...that's weird. Also, for the record, Fuzzykips' setup for X-23 doesn't work, and Gil's setup, because of the hitbox of her raw tag, needs specific timing, sometimes she cannot enter with a st. L, sometimes she can enter with a st. M, and unfortunately her damage does not seem too augmented. Nor does Nem's. I got 850k from it, once, and the timing for all the parts of it is odd to say the least. Haven't gotten it again for a while. Doesn't seem practical, but it is very swaggy. Tagging into Ammy is significantly more consistent, but the hitstun is very mean to her, so I can't get much afterwards.

Huh...that's weird. Also, for the record, Fuzzykips' setup for X-23 doesn't work, and Gil's setup, because of the hitbox of her raw tag, needs specific timing, sometimes she cannot enter with a st. L, sometimes she can enter with a st. M, and unfortunately her damage does not seem too augmented. Nor does Nem's. I got 850k from it, once, and the timing for all the parts of it is odd to say the least. Haven't gotten it again for a while. Doesn't seem practical, but it is very swaggy. Tagging into Ammy is significantly more consistent, but the hitstun is very mean to her, so I can't get much afterwards.

Instead of standing L have you tried Crescent Heel or whatevr her DP is? Could you confirm from that using a talon attack of sorts?
    By the by, I've decided that Strider is indeed Nemesis's best assist, as it is the ONLY assist that can almost guarantee a reset ends well. Based on a new reset I found, the only people who can get out are as follows: Captain America, Deadpool, Sentinel, Arthur, Chun, Morrigan, Viper, Dante, Trish, Strider, Joe. This is all because thy have double jumps(And/or invincible air hypers). That's a little less than 4/5ths of the cast. Here's the deal with the Slam resets: They lose to dashing and jumps as we know, but teching can also be a pain based on distance and whatnot. However, the closer the opponent IS to Nemesis, the more Teching gets negated. Which is good, but this brings in the issue of mashing jab and knocking Nemesis out of it. So Dashing, Jabbing, and Jumping are the only ways out. Strider solves 2 of those three, meaning jumping is the only obstacle. With that in mind, the resets must involve either sL or cM. These are my personal resets of choice:

In corner: cL cM sH DP+M cM sH QCF+L cM Command Throw.
    Out of corner: cL cM sH DP+M cM sH QCF+L dash up sL Command Throw.

Timing can be an issue though, especially for Strider. Even if it doesn't PREVENT air dashing from working, it certainly makes it harder and sometimes that's enough. Currently, any form of backdash seems to be failing vs this setup, so it's possible that any form of AA right in front of Nemesis can fill this spot, but for now, Strider remains king
    Yes, and yes, but that would be a pretty short amount of frames for me to input it. Also, there's the actual problem, which is the hitbox of X-23's tag is tiny, it only hits off of Nem if I time it correctly, and sometimes when it hits I have no clue whether I'll get the followup or not. Other people have better tags, is the moral of the story. Nem has one of the best, which is kind-of a shame this is a Nem setup, and that he has no buttons to follow it up.

You guys were right, ending blockstrings in Deadly Reach is ass. .____.

However! I was messing around with my team order, and Nemmy/Dormy is pretty good. My Nemesis bnb into Rockets, then into Chaotic Flame + st. M link does exactly 1 mil., which I don't know if it's good or not for 2 meter.
    But the more interesting thing I found was this:
    Do a normal Nemesis combo, push the opponent into the corner and do the Rockets super. DHC into Stalking Flare so the orb catches the enemy at the highest point of the Ground Bounce. Raw tag back into Nemesis, and go for Tentacle Slam H. I haven't properly tested this out more than a few times, but it looks like it could turn out to be effective.
    EDIT: It helps to delay the Tentacle Slam H to give the opponent time to fall down into it's range, since Stalking Flare carries them PREEETTY high. Of course, this is also ass against enemies with good air movement, for obvious reasons.
    You guys were right, ending blockstrings in Deadly Reach is ass. .____.

However! I was messing around with my team order, and Nemmy/Dormy is pretty good. My Nemesis bnb into Rockets, then into Chaotic Flame + st. M link does exactly 1 mil., which I don't know if it's good or not for 2 meter.
    But the more interesting thing I found was this:
    Do a normal Nemesis combo, push the opponent into the corner and do the Rockets super. DHC into Stalking Flare so the orb catches the enemy at the highest point of the Ground Bounce. Raw tag back into Nemesis, and go for Tentacle Slam H. I haven't properly tested this out more than a few times, but it looks like it could turn out to be effective.

That's an old strategy I used with Doctor Doom and Sphere Flame. It 'works' but it's by no means concrete.
    Oh hey, it would work with Doctor Doom too, huh? What problems would you run into when you would do it?
    Oh hey, it would work with Doctor Doom too, huh? What problems would you run into when you would do it?
    Mostly timing and you have to pick between H slam and M slam depending on tech.
    Yeah, I actually just realized that testing it out right now. I'm tempted to say it works better with Stalking Flare than Sphere Flame though, but it may just be my bias. Would Stalking Flare float them for longer than Sphere Flame?
    Yeah, I actually just realized that testing it out right now. I'm tempted to say it works better with Stalking Flare than Sphere Flame though, but it may just be my bias. Would Stalking Flare float them for longer than Sphere Flame?
    I don't know, but Sphere Flame's recovery is very short, so I tag in a little before they recover from hitstun
    That's actually true, now that I think about it.

Man, all this stuff I come up with is either jank or very character specific. ;_;
    It's not 'jank'. The setup is indeed something valid and I have caught people before, though I must ask, could you not pull a Zak Benett instead, AKA charge up a full spell while the ball is moving for a further combo?
    Yeah, that's what I used to do, DHC to Stalking Flare, charge 1D1C, release, and do another Stalking Flare if I have the meter. I just was messing around to see if I could save meter and get some kills.

Actually, watching Zak Benett is what gave me the idea in the first place, using Stalking Flare to set up a situation the opponent cannot escape.
    By the way, you guys know that Magneto trick that Fillipino Champ was doing and how I came up with the jS situation based on it? I might have found something much more similar. It's corner only, but cl cm sH DP+M cm sH delayed S jL. You can either go for a jS based on this(Will cover all techs) or Tag Up which is his fastest Air Exchange and more or less will connect at the same timing than if you just used S. S will cover all techs like in the jS situation, meaning if they mash teching up, they get hit by jS and if they don't mash you get to Up Exchange them. DO NOT jump up forward to chase, just go straight up. If Nemesis fails and they block the jS, he's super easy grab bait. While going up doesn't eliminate this problem, it makes it significantly harder and I mean much harder.
  • MacarrattiMacarratti Joined: Posts: 1,421
    I'm alive

have I missed anything interesting?
    I'm alive

Ummm, Evo and a crap ton of interesting things I discovered, though nothing major
  • OnlyWingedAngelOnlyWingedAngel Nemesis T-Type Guru Extrodinare Joined: Posts: 9,496
    I'm alive

Bits and scrap of tech but nothing too mindblowing yet.
    UMvC3: Nemesis T-Type (y)/Hawkeye (a)/Strider Hiryu (y)
    SCV: Siegfried, Nightmare, Leixia, Mitsurugi TTT2: Lei Wulong/Marshall Law
    PSN: OnlyWingedAngel
    Nemesis T-Type - Tutorial and Combo Videos Here
    I'm alive

I have a reset that hits al three tech directions for 3/4ths of the cast, but I have yet to make it practical. And I only know how to do it with cold star. So, nothing on my end.

And cool stuff Gil made.

Oh, and I wrote way to much about Shuma Gorath. That was fun.

I have a reset that hits al three tech directions for 3/4ths of the cast, but I have yet to make it practical. And I only know how to do it with cold star. So, nothing on my end.

And cool stuff Gil made.

Oh, and I wrote way to much about Shuma Gorath. That was fun.

ooh, link me to the gorath stuff. He's one of those characters I just love to read about, even if I dont personally use them
    Um....http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/nem-assists-the-nemesis-teambuilding-assists-thread.148821/page-11. I don't actually know how to link so it goes to a specific post, but here's what we got. Ignore my second rant, that's about DHC options to Vergil/Ammy. My first one is midway on the page, talking about ways to extend with Shuma assist, but not finding damage. Three posts later, I find damage. Then some unrelated stuff, then someone starts saying how Shuma's backdash makes him amazing. Then we talk about shuma until the next page. Then I rant once more (I'm prone to do that) about the pros and cons of shuma in general. And we move on to Fuzzykips, who posted video of a Shuma player that he knows, who actually beat Zak Bennet in CM4.

Oh, and I'm not sure if I mentioned this, but in most cases it is literally impossible to hit shuma with purification otg into chaotic flame. That's why I use Shuma as a training dummy a lot. Dat cosmic weight.

• Robbie RageRobbie Rage Ambassador of Fun & Jobber to the Stars Joined: Posts: 246
    So yeah, that EVO thing happened, didn't it?

I ultimately went 1-2 in Marvel with Team Big Boy. The first guy I faced was running a Phoenix team and only beat me on rounds when he got Dark Phoenix. It was then I remembered I haven't faced a Phoenix player in about a year. The second guy had a very predictable Wolverine team that I was able to crush, and my third opponent had my number with some tricky Spencer/Nova rushdown that ultimately did me in.

Bronson / Lee, I will be going over that footage with a fine-tooth comb and start working on my synergy with Big Boy; I'd like to see how far I can take this team before I look at other alternatives now that I can use my stick again. I don't suppose there is some secret Anti-Phoenix tech I don't know about, is there? :)

I ultimately went 1-2 in Marvel with Team Big Boy. The first guy I faced was running a Phoenix team and only beat me on rounds when he got Dark Phoenix. It was then I remembered I haven't faced a Phoenix player in about a year. The second guy had a very predictable Wolverine team that I was able to crush, and my third opponent had my number with some tricky Spencer/Nova rushdown that ultimately did me in.

Bronson / Lee, I will be going over that footage with a fine-tooth comb and start working on my synergy with Big Boy; I'd like to see how far I can take this team before I look at other alternatives now that I can use my stick again. I don't suppose there is some secret Anti-Phoenix tech I don't know about, is there? :)

Ummmm, there's I AIN'T EVEN MAD. That's about it.
  • omaoma www.facebook.com/fgcbergen Joined: Posts: 81

I saw some in the nemesisforums longer down. Its x-factor canceling the blast, dash up and command grab.
    Fighting games i Bergen? Sjekk ut www.facebook.com/Fgcbergen ! :D Ranbats hver måned
    So, I doubt it, but has anyone found any use for Nemesis's LVL3 yt? The move has two active frames, couldn't that mean something? It's the only positive feature about the grab.
    If Nemesis somehow ends up as your anchor, you can cross under Vergil as he comes in and use it while in XF3 to insta-kill.

>.>
    <.<
    Side note:

Airtola left for the navy apparently....

NOOOOOOOOOOO WE LOST OUR BEST NEMESIS REPRESENTATIVE!

God speed my good man
    Side note:

God speed my good man

Dag, the navy?

Good luck man.

SINK DEM BATTLESHIPS
    GOOD LUCK, MR. NAVY MAN.

I'll totally try to take his place. :3
  • TheCapeTheCape Joined: Posts: 944
    Side note:

God speed my good man
    Made the right decision there. Thats what I am advising a lot of people who want to join the military to do.

Good luck to him.
    If its not fun, I will just stop playing it.
  • DazedDazed Two Frame Kill Joined: Posts: 597
    guiz I just played stone on xbl. how does nem not get horribly bodied by smart/defensive zero? :lol:

also good shit to Airtola.
    So, I doubt it, but has anyone found any use for Nemesis's LVL3 yt? The move has two active frames, couldn't that mean something? It's the only positive feature about the grab.

I sometimes get mileage off of using it as a crapshoot on ppl that are "scared" after a combo ending in BWA, but we all know his command throws have less startup/lead to more dmg, give moar meter etc etc
    GT: Paralyzed Fist PSN: Togamera
    YT