The Official Post your Arcade Cabinet Thread!!

Comments

• BernieBernie Dumb skeezers Joined: Posts: 1,799
    FrankCastleAZ: I think I found what you're talking about but that's a bit too fancy for what I'm looking for. Plus they're in UK, which doesn't help me - I'm in the southwest U.S.

sying: I'll check those out. Probably too high for my candy cabs but it may be good for the American woody style I just picked up. Thanks.
  • emphaticemphatic Joined: Posts: 478
    Anyone have some good suggestions on where I can ind some decent seats to line up well with a candy cab? I can't seem to find anything worthwhile locally in stores around me. Doesn't really need to be padded or fancy or anything like that, just something not too expensive and at a good height.

Get some "Jeff" from Ikea. They are cheap, and have back support for longer gaming sessions.
    I love shmups and never play fighting games.
    Here's my Guwange stick: http://www.emphatic.se/?p=197
  • Donovan GuilfoyleDonovan Guilfoyle aka dondon4720 Joined: Posts: 74
    i would love t get a candy or a viewlix but i live in ohio and shipping is expensive (also college does not help in the money being available)
  • x24x24 Eiffel Tower! Joined: Posts: 280
    Get some "Jeff" from Ikea. They are cheap, and have back support for longer gaming sessions.

I have and use the same ones, although it can feel a bit flimsy. get chair pads while you're at it.
  • obertorobertor Joined: Posts: 310
    Great cabinets!

A quick question, does anyone know what the wait time is currently on a "Kraylix" cab?
  • x24x24 Eiffel Tower! Joined: Posts: 280
    snip

I like how clean you have it on the inside. You should probably go further and front-mount that mini amp so you can control your volume without reaching in.
  • EVAWINGZEROEVAWINGZERO Slacktivismist Extraordinaire Joined: Posts: 2,229
    Just got this beast in the game room..... My back is killing me! Traded a friend a cab for this.
    IMG_20130201_230021_zps94207236.jpg
    Not a Tekken fan at all, but I got some X Tekken running in it!
    [TMNTTF - Leonardo]
    [Donkey Kong - Jumpman]
    [UMVC3 - A Button, B Button, C Button + S]
    [MK9 - Scorpion, Freddy Krueger]
  • Black ConvoyBlack Convoy N-N-Now! Fight a New Rival! Joined: Posts: 292
    Always did like the way the Tekken 5 cabs looked. The arcade I used to go to always had a problem with the card solenoid. (IE People throwing tokens inside of it)
  • rcaidorcaido Dynamic Bayside Duo Joined: Posts: 8,440
    I always thought Tekken cabs were standup, is this custom made?
    The dedicated Tekken 5 cabs are adjustable. They can go from standing to sitting. Pretty damn awesome.
    [TMNTTF - Leonardo]
    [Donkey Kong - Jumpman]
    Is it easy to switch from sit-down to stand-up? Is it Tri-sync? The thing I didn't care for was the monitor bezel was grey. Felt like someone Mounted an old TV t an awesome cab.
    I agree, I'm thinking about spraying it Flat Black, to match the rest of the cab, but I may eventually sell/trade it so I'm not sure.

It takes 2 people to raise or lower it based on the weight of everything. One person to lift, the other to add the bolts/risers.

This monitor is VGA only, not Tri Sync. Perfect for my 360 games!
    [TMNTTF - Leonardo]
    [Donkey Kong - Jumpman]
    edited February 2013
    Found an effing GEM in a small Alabama arcade......Got it for a sweet deal too....

]
    [TMNTTF - Leonardo]
    [Donkey Kong - Jumpman]
    Hmmm Images seem to not be working..... Anyways, I found a really nice capcom Impress cab in an Alabama arcade. Got it for a great price too.

IMG_20130211_172558_zpsf7faac13.jpg
    [TMNTTF - Leonardo]
    [Donkey Kong - Jumpman]
  • akthamaktham Big Boss Joined: Posts: 461
    Which 32 inch display are you guys using in your Vewlix clone? It's impossible to find the L32X1 :(
  • KyleKyle PS-14-Gangsta Joined: Posts: 4,735 mod
    Turning a candy cab into a deer hunting game is an abomination.
    6-Button is cooler
    8-Button is dick
    It really was.... Glad I am turning it back to a CPS2 cab.
    [TMNTTF - Leonardo]
    [Donkey Kong - Jumpman]
  • Pablo_the_MexPablo_the_Mex Blond Kanye Status Joined: Posts: 8,285
    Anyone here ever try one of those jamma to vga converters? IMO we are at the point where every arcade collector is hoarding shit. Can't track down a large monitor at all.

Not sure where you're located Pablo, but the community in FL has helped me find most things I've needed, including 29" Monitors.

Maybe you have a local collector community you can look into?
    [TMNTTF - Leonardo]
    [Donkey Kong - Jumpman]
    Not sure where you're located Pablo, but the community in FL has helped me find most things I've needed, including 29" Monitors.

Maybe you have a local collector community you can look into?
    We are kinda spread out over here in WA.  Most other peeps are too busy hoarding. Understandably of course.  

• heczhecz AboveDaInfluence24/7 Joined: Posts: 1,270
    does anybody have the plans for the vewlix cab control panel?
    Twitch:
    My mods: http://metrocitymodders.deviantart.com/gallery/
    Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3900632
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/xHECZx_SFV_MODS
    Metroxylon says: " I'm waiting for the day you turn 18 and realize drugs are good "
    Anyone here ever try one of those jamma to vga converters? IMO we are at the point where every arcade collector is hoarding shit. Can't track down a large monitor at all.
    I have one that I'm using to split the signal from my cab to an extra monitor. It's good and was pretty cheap too (around $40 or so). It's a decent option if you can't find a suitable monitor. If you come to Evo, you'll probably see it in action as I'm planning on bringing a "spectator" monitor for the ST event.
  • jmanDMCjmanDMC Focusattack.com Joined: Posts: 2,551
    edited February 2013
    Hi all, Hopefully it's okay to post here. Since this is the main SRK thread to showcase arcade cabs, I wanted to mention that focusattack.com is holding a new photo contest called "Snapback". Each month, players and builders can submit a photo of their joystick or arcade cabinet for a chance to win a $50 store gift certificate. Community members and around the net can vote their favorite photos, plus share them on Facebook and Twitter to encourage others to vote. In December, we'll showcase the 10 previous monthly winners for a final vote. The top winner gets a $250 store gift certificate! Hope you'll check it out: http://bit.ly/fa-snapback Vote on photos: http://bit.ly/fa-snapback-vote

Join the FA.R Rewards Program! Earn, share, and redeem chips to save nearly every day! http://bit.ly/fa-rewards
    Have questions? Get answers by our Tech Talk member support team and knowledgebase http://support.focusattack.com
    Try the KOWAL Hayabusa Octopus restrictor plate for octagonal control of the popular Hori joystick! http://bit.ly/fa-kowal
    Bernie said:
    I have one that I'm using to split the signal from my cab to an extra monitor. It's good and was pretty cheap too (around $40 or so). It's a decent option if you can't find a suitable monitor. If you come to Evo, you'll probably see it in action as I'm planning on bringing a "spectator" monitor for the ST event.
    Good look son.  Any idea of what kind of lag it has (if any)?

No idea about any lag as I'm using the cabinet's monitor as my primary device. The VGA feed is there for spectators. Any lag is probably negligible tho since there are a lot of superguns that use these things but I can't prove anything without proper testing.
    ^Lookin good man. I'm still working on getting the Impress up and running!
    [TMNTTF - Leonardo]
    [Donkey Kong - Jumpman]
    Got it up and running today! I had to repin everything! 3 hours of mapping,pinning, and rewiring and we have this!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sJpd4hjzPGI
    [TMNTTF - Leonardo]
    [Donkey Kong - Jumpman]
  • DKMettalDKMettal Joined: Posts: 16
    like these candy cabs.
    I just own a TV-Ideal build in Germany. this was a Poker-maschine an i rebuild it with a 2-slu NeoGeo MVS
    318086_501268126591412_1125601624_n.jpg
    Sorry for the bad cellphone picture.
    And here is a better youtube Video:
  • ProGearSpecProGearSpec Joined: Posts: 8
    Ooh.... Can I play?

edited April 2013
    Those Neo looks so professional. I want one or two!

Ended up getting a new cab(standup Net City) so now i have to re-arrange my gameroom & garage arcade.

New family member
    2013-04-17095956_zps29fbba8a.jpg

So now i have standup vertical & standup horizontal!
    2013-03-22014617_zps351db5ca.jpg
  • STEZO_ONESTEZO_ONE FLUSH TOWN Joined: Posts: 495
    rcaido wrote: »
    Those Neo looks so professional. I want one or two!

Ended up getting a new cab(standup Net City) so now i have to re-arrange my gameroom & garage arcade.

New family member
    2013-04-17095956_zps29fbba8a.jpg

So now i have standup vertical & standup horizontal!
    2013-03-22014617_zps351db5ca.jpg

Nice. Glad you got that second net city. The guy wouldn't ship it to me but I'm glad someone from Srk picked up. At least I know it will be fixed up well. I'll eventually get a net city one day! One of my favorite cabs.
    edited May 2013
    Anyone know where I can buy some replacement nuts+bolts that fit for Sega-style control panels, and also some similar hardware parts for candy cabs? Specifically for Astro City cabs if possible. The last time the cabs were moved I lost some parts that held the back panels of the machine together, along with a few bolts on the control panels.

edit: I found the control panel carriage bolts at akihabarashop.jp. Not sure what to do about the bolts/screws/whatever to put together the other areas of the cab. Any alternative suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Post edited by Bernie on

Quick Vid of the Fiance' playing the SF2 Pin. Got all the playfield LED's running. Decided i'm going to do the Remote battery mod, refinish the entire cab, and do under cab LED lighting. Gonna be sick! Next step will be working on getting the Brand New DMD working. Soldering Hoooooo!

Yo Evawingzero, im planning to add some LEDs but i never done them before. Where did you buy yours at? How many did you use & what color?
  • HokutoHokuto Eat it raw Joined: Posts: 16
    Hey everyone, I stumbled upon this thread by Google's bidding and I just remembered that I have a SRK account so might as well post here.
    Turns out I'm about to score this Capcom Impress, for 275 bucks:
    2937oqp.jpg

Sorry for the crappy quality, you can see that the monitor looks wonderful and so is the cab itself. It just has a couple of cosmetic details such a small crack at the very bottom (between the main door and the coin tray door), a missing coin return bezel, and a poorly made coin slot which was screwed over the original one (to fit our coins' size).
    The Optional Border panel is dirty as hell though, I'm suspecting it can be just grime and dirt from over the years, but up close it can be anything lol. Also, the panel has been disgraced by those damned screws that come with the Happ sticks (welcome to Mexico, where every cabinet has KOF and Happ parts). At least the owner was decent enough to leave the layout as it was originally, just replaced the buttons with cheaper knockoffs. It still has the Q Sound amp intact as well as the kick harness though, which helped seal the deal.
    Is the panel still fit for Sanwa joysticks like that? I'm suspecting I will have to leave the Happ screws there otherwise the panel would look all holed up... Anyway, any suggestions on making that Impress look as new will be appreciated, and I will take more pictures once I have it in my power. Thanks!
    Fly to the Leaden Sky
    Probably can remove the happ stick & put sanwas...I think you can put bondo on the happ holes then smooth it out by sanding it...Then buy a replica control panel overlay. $275 is a crazy good deal.