Street Fighter 2 World Map !

ISIMORNISIMORN CLAWJoined: Posts: 74
Hi everyone ! I'm Isimorn, french ST player and I've worked on this map ! The objective was to see any location on the map where you can play SSF2X in France, but then I could not stop my self to the borders of France, so it's now a mother fucking World Map ! You will find on this map any location where you can play this serie : Hyper Fighting, Champion Edition, Super, Super Turbo, 2X and HDRemix ! On this map, there are Gamecenters, conventions, rankings, private sessions, minor and major tournaments, etc... any kind of event, anything that can help you play with people face to face near to you !

But here is my problem : the world is just too big for me and I can't find every locations ! So I need your help here on this forum, any information will be appreciated to complete this world map !

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zAQF8dxLT95w.ks1WUA8kmehw

Super Turbo lives actually a real revival around the world and it needs that kind of support to keep on ! Here is a selection of FB pages about Super Turbo that goes in the same direction of this World Map : gathering people !!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/166104306822499/
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Grand-Master-Challenge/224278210919157?ref=profile
https://www.facebook.com/STRevival?ref=profile

Thank you for your help !!

Comments

• Hyphen-atedHyphen-ated Joined: Posts: 39
    Awesome project.
    There's an arcade in Portland, OR that has a hyper fighting cabinet: http://groundkontrol.com/
    (the website says they have ST but it's a lie)
  • ISIMORNISIMORN CLAW Joined: Posts: 74
    Wow ! Thank you ! This is exactly the kind of informations that I'm looking for !

Thanks ! Added !
  • Born2SPDBorn2SPD SPD Fanatic Joined: Posts: 276
    Curitiba - Brazil is the city the OCT guys and I live in (and also, it's the Brazilian city with the most active ST players). Sometimes we do some gatherings. When someone else comes to our city, we usually also schedule a ST gathering. Also, the OCT guys recently bought a jap ST board and they're working on a custom cabinet. Plus, there's that "Treta" Tournament once per year, past year it was pretty big IMO, big sf4 names like tokido and gamerbee played on there, and a HDR side tournament always happens (usually hosted by the OCT guys), but I believe that's going to change to arcade ST now that they're building a cab.
    I keep reading stuff about ST revival, about bringing this game back to life...
    Its nice to see big tourneys happening and old top players giving this game a chance again...
    But what we really need is new players... And having a strong scene obviously helps...
    But in my opinion what will really bring new players to our community is good tutorials/character guides so they can learn easily and have something to start... So, actually good players, stop being selfish and write stuff about the chars you know! The wiki is lacking so much basic content... Stop being lazy and do something about it.
  • oldschool_BRoldschool_BR Projectile spammer Joined: Posts: 2,442
    ISIMORN wrote: »
    On this map, there are Gamecenters, conventions, rankings, private sessions, minor and major tournaments, etc... any kind of event, anything that can help you play with people face to face near to you!
    There are plenty of MAME cabs with CE and ST in Brazil. There was also some console emulator cab with HSF2 which was being played - like 10 minutes for R$ 1,00. Should those be added too?
    Hi guys :)

Oldschool : I use to add emulated version of SF2 on this map so no problem about adding some MAME CE or ST :) Even some HDRemix actually. Could you give me the exact adresses ? I really want to add only exact location, not some kind of big circle to the map ^^ Thanks !

Born2SPD : Wow I thought the Treta was SF4 only ! Cool thanks for the information, I'm adding it right now ! Where do you use to have gatherings ? It's always the same place ? This gatherings have special name ?

Thank you both !!
  • Born2SPDBorn2SPD SPD Fanatic Joined: Posts: 276
    The gatherings have no name, its just a bunch of old guys playing ST and getting drunk! It's not really on a fixed place though most of the time it happened on [OCT]Belotadentro's house. Sorry i cant provide you with an exact location since there isnt any.
    I keep reading stuff about ST revival, about bringing this game back to life...
    Its nice to see big tourneys happening and old top players giving this game a chance again...
    But what we really need is new players... And having a strong scene obviously helps...
    But in my opinion what will really bring new players to our community is good tutorials/character guides so they can learn easily and have something to start... So, actually good players, stop being selfish and write stuff about the chars you know! The wiki is lacking so much basic content... Stop being lazy and do something about it.
    Okay I understand :) Thank you for this information :) I'll see what I can do !
  • djfrijolesdjfrijoles First ST player to ever moon a live stream baby ! Joined: Posts: 2,054
    good fucking job !
    <garyangel> ceks,cani,robbiers,yito all mexico players dont know where kyouya
    <garyangel> (((((((((((((((
    <djfrijoles> kyouya is with his gf gary
    <Random.Jab.DP.Spamer> his gf is gary ?
    Top Top Diversoes Eletronicas
    Vigario Jose Inacio, 498
    Centro, Porto Alegre, Brazil

2 multigame cabs with WW, CE, S2, ST and GMC. One cab with console HSF2
    (Centro means downtown)

toptop.jpg
    Link
    Wow ! Very accurate thank you Oldschool ! It's such a pleasure to add so easyly a place to the map when it falls in your hands just like this haha ! Thanks !!
  • ShinAkumaxShinAkumax Slick Vic Avatar Joined: Posts: 2,055
    Movieland Arcade

Address: 906 Granville St, Vancouver, BC V6Z 1L2
    Phone:(604) 681-691
    This becomes that.
  • eltroubleeltrouble Joined: Posts: 5,719
    Here's some additional info you can add to the maps:

Super Arcade
    1211 N Grand Ave
    Walnut, CA 91789
    (909) 594-5954

Alex's Arcade
    626 S Harbor Blvd
    Santa Ana, CA 92704
    (714) 775-7764

Super Arcade has good ST comp but only on specific days.

Alex's Arcade virtually has nobody playing ST, but it's available there.
  • gahrlinggahrling Better safe than Hori.. Joined: Posts: 3,968
    Glad to see that the community run Heart of Gaming arcade in London, UK has made it to the map. It has multiple versions of Street Fighter and other games running on original arcade hardware installed in well maintained cabinets.
    edited August 2013
  • SirMixahLotSirMixahLot Proud Shoryuken.com member since 2003 Joined: Posts: 3,379
    edited August 2013
    Hi.

Here's two for you.

https://www.facebook.com/gauntletcards
    East Stroudsburg, PA - they have Marvel weeklies, and a lot of random other games, including HDR. I haven't been there, but this was confirmed through a friend of mine.

https://www.facebook.com/Robotcitygames
    This is an arcade in Binghamton, NY.
    They have:
    Alpha 3, Super SF2 New Challengers, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, and Tekken 5.
    Post edited by SirMixahLot on
    Marvel vs. Capcom 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • DoctaMarioDoctaMario Sometimes It Snows In April... Joined: Posts: 3,508
    There are three Game Galaxy locations in Tennessee/Alabama. Jason Wilson runs them (DreamTR on here) and the one I've been to (the Antioch TN location) has tons of old school FG cabs (including ST and HF) as well as old school games in general. They also have console setups.

Madison Square Mall
    5901 University Drive
    Huntsville, Alabama 35806
    Hours: Mon-Sat 10am-9pm, Sun Noon-6pm

Northgate Mall
    271 Northgate Mall
    Chattanooga, TN 37415
    Hours: Mon-Sat 10am-9pm, Sun Noon-6pm

The Plaza /360 Burger Shopping Center
    5346 Hickory Hollow Parkway
    Antioch, TN 37013
    Hours: Sun-Mon Noon-7pm, Tues Noon-10pm, Wed-Thurs Noon-7pm, Fri-Sat Noon-9pm
    Phone: 615-678-4599

"Money matches are against the law in Japan. They can never be good at Marvel." -4r5
    WoW thanks everyone, it makes a lot of dots to put on the map, and it's not over yet haha !!

Thanks a lot !!

Whatever this map is derailing a bit, I need to reassociate and be more specific inside descriptions or else it's going to be a mess ^^
  • AngeloW88AngeloW88 Just Kicking It Joined: Posts: 132
    edited August 2013
    Heres a place that i can think of in Illinois that has ST besides Nickle City.

Galloping Ghost Arcade
    9415 Ogden Avenue
    Brookfield, IL 60513
    708-485-4700

Games: Hyper Fighting and SSF2X
    Thanks Angelo ! One more on the map !!
  • Capt. MeilingCapt. Meiling Joined: Posts: 2
    in Tacoma, Washington, theres also the B&I Arcade, they have Several versions of SF2, off the top of my head, i remember them having 2 or 3 machines, they prolly had 2 more versions, i cant remember. here's the full address
    8012 S Tacoma Way
    Ste 35
    Lakewood, WA 98499
  • Super SonicSuper Sonic Joined: Posts: 1,574
    Okay, let's see;

FANTASYLAND VİDEO OYUNLARI VE EĞLENCE MERKEZİ

Adres: Selanik Cad. 18/2
    Kızılay - ANKARA - TÜRKİYE

( Whole thing in English, just in case:

FANTASYLAND VIDEOGAME CENTER

Adress: Selanik Cad. 18/2
    Kızılay – 06420 ANKARA TURKIYE

Phone: 0 312 433 55 73
    Fax: 0 312 431 91 78 )

Not sure exactly which version(s) of Street Fighter 2 it has, but I can confirm that it has at least one. There's another place like that not very far from this one, but I'll have to check on its status.

Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory!
    Sorry Capt. Meiling but the B&I Amusment is closed here, since the 19 July :( To expensive rent. Thank you whatever for trying to help :) !!

Super Sonic, this gamecenter seems to be very big according to pictures I just saw ! Glad to add this point to my map. Do you know if there is some tournament on ST ? Do you have any possibility to check the versions ? I'm looking for it on the web right know. Thanks a lot !
  • purekunpurekun Joined: Posts: 8
    Hey, just a correction with the Czech Republic one.

Hyper Arcade Collision is not a venue, it was a tournament at a place called "ArcadeHry" which is an arcade museum. Tons of arcades, really old pong machine there. And right now, there is no ST cab. There is a SSF2 cab and the buttons/joystick are really bad. However, even though there are people who will play ST with you in Prague, there is no venue, pub nor anything like that where you might have that opportunity. You can either put it there as SSF2 @ ArcadeHry or just delete it, since it's not an arcade but rather an arcade museum where people can play : )

(This is how it looks inside, just by the way. http://arcadehry.cz/index.php?str=9 )
  • agent_jonesagent_jones Joined: Posts: 21
    The Artcade
    5030 Las Brisas Blvd.
    Reno NV, 89523
    United States

It's a combination art gallery/arcade and they've got a Street Fighter 2: Hyper Fighting cabinet.

1up
    214 Commercial Row
    Reno NV, 89501
    United States

This place is going for the whole "bar-cade" aesthetic, but they don't really pull it off very well. You have to be over 21 years of age just to enter the building so you may not want to include it on the list, but they do have a SF2: Champion Edition cabinet.
  • DragoombaDragoomba Skrull is too broken. Joined: Posts: 802
    edited August 2013
    Toodles, who's very well known on the Tech Talk forums here, has a Japanese grand master challenge board in a plain Astro City cab in his apartment in Boise, Idaho. Not sure if that counts. Don't think there are any cabs in actual arcades in this state, unfortunately. Though, when we meet up to play casuals we call it "Big Damage Arcade", if you do add it.
  • deadfrogdeadfrog Joined: Joined: Posts: 6,787
    I'm Isimorn

You are the fucking man, dude. So much love.
  • deadfrogdeadfrog Joined: Joined: Posts: 6,787
    I'm Isimorn, french

Wait, wait, okay, I still got this.

Mon ami, vous êtes l'homme principale. Un tant d'amour.

My French is so rusty!!!
  • weedianweedian Hechando Chingaso! Joined: Posts: 275
    Comtech (Game center) just near Nagoya Station has two ST cabs. There are a few others around my area so I'll have to check them out to confirm though...
    豆のおかげで俺が飛べるんだ!
  • ES_CurseES_Curse Get ready for emanci-PAIN SON Joined: Posts: 8,336
    Are there any maps like this for other games? Would be interested in seeing the data.
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
    Thanks Purekun, I modifiy the map, letting on it the ArcadeHry with more info !

2 Hit combo ! Thanks Agent_Jones :) I put them both :) The artcade seems pretty impressive !

Frenchies are badass Deadfrog haha !

Thank you so much d3v for that front page news ! It surely helps a lot !!

Sorry Just5moreminutes, I don't specially have time for others fighting games. Maybe a 3.3 map very later ^^ It's not on schedule for the moment.

Anyway thanks everyone !! That map is huge now !! But I'm sure big surprise like China, Russia, Finland and Brazil are still to come !!
  • Super SonicSuper Sonic Joined: Posts: 1,574
    Sorry Capt. Meiling but the B&I Amusment is closed here, since the 19 July :( To expensive rent. Thank you whatever for trying to help :) !!

Super Sonic, this gamecenter seems to be very big according to pictures I just saw ! Glad to add this point to my map. Do you know if there is some tournament on ST ? Do you have any possibility to check the versions ? I'm looking for it on the web right know. Thanks a lot !

Hey man! No tourneys, sorry. I'll be sure to check which version(s) of the game they have as soon as I get the chance to go there and will let you know.
    Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory!
  • TheMrTuttleTheMrTuttle Joined: Posts: 139
    edited August 2013
    Private residence, but I run sessions and tournaments pretty often here in Minneapolis, Minnesota; blast city cab on the japanese ST board. AFAIK, there aren't really any public ST cabs in the midwest outside of chicago.
    Thanks for your help Super Sonic :) !!
    Thank you TheMrTurttle ! I add a point on Minneapolis with a link to your SRK profil !!

Thanks to everyone who accept to personnaly figure on this map. I never plot accurate position of personal events for a minimum privacy. Do not hesitate to inform me of private sessions and casual tournaments at your home :)
  • SirMixahLotSirMixahLot Proud Shoryuken.com member since 2003 Joined: Posts: 3,379
    You have 8otB, but no link: http://www.thebreak.net/
    Here you go.

Also, UPinball
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/University-Pinball-Family-Fun-Center/152079548159639
    Philly's classic arcade.
    Info on SOME of their games: http://www.aurcade.com/locations/view.aspx?id=385

ALSO...

That site, www.aurcade.com might help you locate some other arcades.

e.g. http://www.aurcade.com/games/view.aspx?id=856

Wow thanks a lot SirMixahLot ! I guess I have a lot of things to look at in that link ! Thanks ! (sorry but UPinball seems to be pretty closed :( )
    Hmm, odd... They were open as of May 30th of this year.
    http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/top-lists/top-late-night-activities-beyond-bars-in-philadelphia/

I had called them up in June, asking hours, and they picked up also. Maybe they have closed since then. I'll ask around.
    Well I may be wrong ^^ I put it on the map, I was reling on there facebook non-used-anymore page.

Recently add to the map some US locations and a Peru location ! I'm sure there is more in South America !
    217 locations now !! I guess I'm going to have to register on a lot of forum around the world to keep on.