Check Out My New Arcade Stick! (No Image Quoting)

Comments

• SNAAAAKESNAAAAKE keptyouwaitinghuh Joined: Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gotta get me one of these crazy-ass B15 stick :looney:
    you must defeat my Shen Long to receive the reward

• SirMixahLotSirMixahLot Proud Shoryuken.com member since 2003 Joined: Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanwa buttons on a MAS?
    Marvel vs. Capcom 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • NickRocksNickRocks On the west side I'm screaming FUCK KD Joined: Posts: 14,883 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanwa buttons on a MAS?

Yeah happ buttons are too small for me I cant do slide with magneto at all :( the stick is a p360 and its with a ps360+. Also the yellow button was wired to be the home/ps button

• speedsterharryspeedsterharry Joined: Posts: 714
    I feel crap putting mine in after that B15 stick but I've not long finished my own stick.
    You really don't have have to, your paint job is splendid, the theme is super original (no connection to fighting games, maybe mushihime sama ?), you can be proud.

• NENDONENDO I will meditate and then destroy you. Joined: Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel crap putting mine in after that B15 stick but I've not long finished my own stick.

All completely hand sprayed and painted. Seimitsu button inlays also painted. The case is a FoeHammer DIY leaner and it was a pretty tight fit.
    Contains: Sanwa JLf (with Seimitsu spring thanks to Gahrling), ps360+ and probably the neatest wiring I've ever done on anything.

This is amazing. I'm entered myself and I really want you to win for the August Snapback contest. Good luck, friend. Amazing work.

Eric
    XBL: Irie Wiley

One of the good guys.
    Proponent of unconventional arcade stick DIY solutions.

• PlayDoh003PlayDoh003 Joined: Posts: 515 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    @raisedbyfinches - Hey, I think that EVERYONE feels like crap when they happen to post after @b15sdm, but take comfort in knowing that Sam is just on a whole other level than us mere humans, lol... :D Great job, and the oranges in the buttons is a great touch!

That being said... Keep posting them, Sam! Your work keeps everyone aspiring to be that good some day! :)
    Post edited by PlayDoh003 on
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Scurred of Anime. #nfgnl Joined: Posts: 11,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like @raisedbyfinches' stick as much as @b15sdm's. Sam always has those wild ideas that we think of all the time, but never can execute, but RBF really knocked it out of the park with that paint job, and had a solid, tried and true, case design to top it off.

Both are beautiful, this is a great page in the thread.
    "I wish there existed a swimming pool filled with ammonia and hypodermic needles, so you could drown in it." --Vynce
    "Church of the Almighty God: Jesus died for our sins....now it's your turn" --SoVi3t
    "bitch looks like a french fry with eyebrows" --BallTapper
    "I'm pretty sure not getting kaz lynched will drive MP to insanity, and he'll spend the rest of days selling duck ramen with roasted kitten in them. Like turduckitten, without the tur." --Shadowwolf82
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U / GGPO: Missing Person / Steam: El.Lapiz.Peluda / QQ: 2592122536
    Twitter: TOJLFLMssngPrsn + TeamLFLGaming
    Currently 6-4 in SRK Mafia (Flights to El Salvador and Louisiana confirmed. Missing Person gonna haveta chokabitch.)
    One half of SRK's contingent to the Game of Mafia Champions.
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Scurred of Anime. #nfgnl Joined: Posts: 11,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sold on the start panel artwork, but I really like the top panel! :tup:
    "I wish there existed a swimming pool filled with ammonia and hypodermic needles, so you could drown in it." --Vynce
    "Church of the Almighty God: Jesus died for our sins....now it's your turn" --SoVi3t
    "bitch looks like a french fry with eyebrows" --BallTapper
    "I'm pretty sure not getting kaz lynched will drive MP to insanity, and he'll spend the rest of days selling duck ramen with roasted kitten in them. Like turduckitten, without the tur." --Shadowwolf82
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U / GGPO: Missing Person / Steam: El.Lapiz.Peluda / QQ: 2592122536
    Twitter: TOJLFLMssngPrsn + TeamLFLGaming
    Currently 6-4 in SRK Mafia (Flights to El Salvador and Louisiana confirmed. Missing Person gonna haveta chokabitch.)
    One half of SRK's contingent to the Game of Mafia Champions.
  • ed1371ed1371 Yogahh Joined: Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭✭
    All completely hand sprayed and painted. Seimitsu button inlays also painted. The case is a FoeHammer DIY leaner and it was a pretty tight fit.
    Contains: Sanwa JLf (with Seimitsu spring thanks to Gahrling), ps360+ and probably the neatest wiring I've ever done on anything.

I really like this stick, amazing paint, good wiring...

Soooo I will be the one to ask... was the small plexi on purpose? I would assume with such nice hand painted art you would want to protect it.

why crimp when you can solder??

PSN: Nippage
  • TheFightingFishTheFightingFish Joined: Posts: 17
    Really nice work PlayDoh003. You did a wonderful job following the box theme and color scheme. You should post up a pic when you get that balltop on to show the final look.
  • PortaljackerPortaljacker Joined: Posts: 105
    @Sleazoid Nice! What parts did you use? How much was it? I wish they'd sell the ones they use for the demos.
  • PortaljackerPortaljacker Joined: Posts: 105
    edited August 2013
    My fist arcade stick, round 2: FIGHT!
    Spoiler:

Bought it from @SmokeMaxX and it works like a charm!

The wiring from the top part is super short, I'm assuming that there are zip ties holding them short from the back side? I already cut one tie for the joystick harness. Looks like to change art and such I'll have to label the wires super carefully as I pull them out.

Edit: Almost forgot! This works on USB 3.0 AND 2.0 ports on my laptop. Whereas the TE Round 2 only worked on 3.0 (though to be honest it was a piece of garbage that died in one day so who knows).
    Post edited by Portaljacker on
  • Pablo_the_MexPablo_the_Mex HARDBody Joined: Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭
    Schwamy wrote: »

Something my dad and I made, based it off a MAS. Nothing fancy, but I love it. Except I can't get my Opticon V2 to register diagonal up-right D:

I have no idea what the v2 is like, but this is how you adjust the v1. Your PCB could have just crapped out though, they will replace it if you message them.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/696f1e4e11cffe3c652e946b9b1c12ab/tumblr_mly7urHtSk1ropjj1o1_1280.jpg
  • raisedbyfinchesraisedbyfinches Joined: Posts: 7
    edited August 2013
    Sorry I was a little neglectful in replying to questions, but I've had family stuff going on.

Anyway, thanks to everyone that said they like it - I hope its now ever better now I've got my Link for the JLF and put that in.
    girdot wrote: »
    Dude, that is seriously one of the coolest sticks I've seen in this thread. I love the fruit-buttons, and how they blend into the art.
    What's that little ensignia in the bottom left of the stick in the second pic?

Initials ;)

^ This stick is awesome - love it Sam
    Post edited by raisedbyfinches on
  • MarkManMarkMan FOR THE COMMUNITY! Joined: Posts: 5,067 mod
    OMG B15. How much does one just like that run??!

JoJo's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    - MarkMan @ SDTEKKEN.COM

Sorry if I don't reply to your emails or PMs right away. I'm busy :(
  • xpulsexpulse Ice Ice Baby... Joined: Posts: 290
    b15sdm wrote: »
    Im loving all this hand drawn artwork were seeing now.

Water inside a case is completely feasible by the way.

Don't get many JOJO requests which is strange as the series and game is pretty damn good. This design was a mix between the character Jortaro and the aztec style wall/mask.

How much does that sucker even weigh? I've held two different B15 designs from two different Evos, and both of those had quite a bit of heft to them. I would NOT want to drop this thing on my feet!
    "Do you know what happens to a toad when it gets struck by lightning?"
  • chaoslimitschaoslimits Death by snu snu Joined: Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭
    Wow dat Jojo's stick!
    I always wondered if people actually played on these works of art; Then I saw a guy playing on a B15 at SummerJam.
    Youtube | XBL/PSN: chaoslimits | IRC: #SFxT on EFNET
    @Rc_ON: 20$ get you 4 characters in Injustice, and 12 in SFxT. Do the math yourself.
    @kojibeoulve> i want to refund sf4 from my life; give me back all my lost time
  • W00P MstR FresHW00P MstR FresH Making stuff is fun Joined: Posts: 792 ✭✭
  • GraymalkinGraymalkin Staggeringly tedious Joined: Posts: 539 ✭✭✭
    William Morris said "Nothing useless can be truly beautiful"...
    SSFIV:AE - Rose | UraGraymalkin | Mitsurugi - SCV
    "So I broke into the palace, with a sponge and a rusty spanner..."
  • d3vd3v #MAXCPM Fiber Override Joined: Posts: 24,327 mod
    b15sdm wrote: »
    Im loving all this hand drawn artwork were seeing now.

Water inside a case is completely feasible by the way.

Don't get many JOJO requests which is strange as the series and game is pretty damn good. This design was a mix between the character Jortaro and the aztec style wall/mask.
    This stick needs to have Roundabout by Yes play every time it's brought out.

Follow me on Twitter @D3Vlicious

"Because I Really like to get my weather reports from SRK's D3v""
    -KR|PromilKid

• DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 10,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ed1371 wrote: »
    Ok posting this for a very good friend... This is his first ever attempt at modding and art... he was hesitant to post it (rough crowd around here sometimes lol) and I think he did well. VS stick and, well, really I love the theme...

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm173/ed1371/chris_zps9ec5820c.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm173/ed1371/cris2_zps9f9378b8.jpg
    Come to the dark side we have cookies.

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.
    there is a unwritten rule that every Full Moon some clueless poster has to stumble into this forum and tout their own perception as hard fact.
  • delldroiddelldroid Always willing to learn. Joined: Posts: 29
    Im diggin the hell outta @bigkilla's cammy 2.0 vs stick
  • dejdej Joined: Posts: 452 ✭✭✭
    i really like that one. sick. i pmed you about something earlier, i don't know if you got the PM.

great work as always, i'm very jealous but can't throw the money at you, maybe in the future
  • TheShinTheShin Joined: Posts: 13
    edited August 2013
    IMG_20130821_175006_zps2020d90f.jpg

-Tekken Tag 2 TE-S+
    -Art has 1 Lightning from each FF13 game
    -Name is in Korean and English at the top
    -Korean Crown joystick, bat top
    -Clear silent Sanwa buttons
    -Acrylic extended panel has South Korea flag etched into it on the bottom right
    Edit: Clear dustwasher

I love the crap out of it. More so than the Byrdo stick I have. When I get bored with the Lightning art, I have a Cammy one ready. That Crown stick really does make wave dashing easier in Tekken.
    Post edited by TheShin on
  • hibachifinalhibachifinal Little Princess Joined: Posts: 924 ✭✭✭✭✭
    STEZO_ONE wrote: »
    Finally was able to pick of these up.

mind if i ask how much did it run you?
    SEIMITSU RADICAL やっぱり四角ガイドは、素晴らしい。 SANWA DENSHI WAS RIGHT.
  • TheShin_TheShin_ Joined: Posts: 1
    ed1371 wrote: »
    Ok posting this for a very good friend... This is his first ever attempt at modding and art... he was hesitant to post it (rough crowd around here sometimes lol) and I think he did well. VS stick and, well, really I love the theme...
    Dude, that top panel is sick.
  • DaywalkerDaywalker Joined: Posts: 31 ✭✭
    The B15 stuff is stunning, truly art. Love the FF theme Shin!
  • TheShinTheShin Joined: Posts: 13
    Thanks Daywalker

Agei, the wiring is incredible
  • Paik4LifePaik4Life Team HnI Joined: Posts: 1,201
    edited August 2013
    STEZO_ONE wrote: »
    Finally was able to pick of these up.

mind if i ask how much did it run you?

I sold it to him for $216 shipped, which included a Pelican PS2 to PS3 converter. Wasn't sure if this was a good price or not, but I know it went to a good home. I tried to post a thread, but every time I do, it says a moderator needs to approve. I don't know why and the mods haven't responded to my inquiries. Oh well!

~Paik
    Post edited by Paik4Life on
  • SLiCKSLiCK Joined: Posts: 27
  • alainveyalainvey Joined: Posts: 273 ✭✭
    Agei, that is truly a thing of beauty.
  • nahonaho Joined: Posts: 5
    Omni rev. 4. PAS top, cover, and washer. All silent. Idea from slaycruz.
    OMG i don't know why, but i want to touch that top panel hehe
    amazing work W00P
  • dejdej Joined: Posts: 452 ✭✭✭
    wow

idk what else to say...

i pmed you about something before, IDK if you missed it.