Check Out My New Arcade Stick! (No Image Quoting)

Comments

• dejdej Joined: Posts: 460
    love the comic stick!
  • Lord_AukiLord_Auki Joined: Posts: 15
    Is the blue PCB for the LED's?
  • FrankCastleAZFrankCastleAZ SRKTT Modder of the Year 2014 & AZHP Gaming Founder Joined: Posts: 910
    edited December 2013
    @dej - Thanks
    @Lord_Auki - Yes. It's Toodles' FGWidget which is really old now in comparison to what you can do LED wise. I got it and the KNserts from him back at Devastation 2010 I believe.
    SRK Tech Talk Modder of the Year 2014 - Best retail sticks of all time = Onyx/Pearl, TE1, Dragon, VLX
    AZHP Gaming - Providing casual and tournament video gaming services at events and conventions since 2006
    Paradise Arcade Shop <-- Buy all of your arcade parts from here
    Eightarc <-- Buy all of your arcade sticks from here (Code AZFGC2015 for $10 off $50+ or AZHPGAMING for $15 off $100+)
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Quickly becoming the Sailor Moon S guy. Joined: Posts: 13,843
    That's a really good idea, dremeling out the space underneath the barrier block
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • defghuidefghui Joined: Posts: 850
    @dej - Thanks
    @Lord_Auki - Yes. It's Toodles' FGWidget which is really old now in comparison to what you can do LED wise. I got it and the KNserts from him back at Devastation 2010 I believe.

i bet your favorite super hero is batman
    :mp::hp::qcf::qcf::lk: ftw
  • elixprojectelixproject Check Six!! Joined: Posts: 60
    edited December 2013
    MarkMan wrote: »
    We'll have more VS SH this holiday.

Hi,

Would love to get a couple of 360 versions for xmas gifts. Will they be available soon? Thank you and Merry Christmas!

• undamnedundamned Wake up! Time to die! Joined: Posts: 1,686
    @elixproject - your socks are horribad.
    -ud
  • CI581CI581 Joined: Posts: 3,297
    @FrankCastleAZ, that Punisher stick is $ick!
  • hibachifinalhibachifinal 後方互換性 Joined: Posts: 1,647
    edited December 2013
    tumblr_mxf7ogEzJu1rmse96o5_1280.jpg

NOIR layout, universal mounting (JLF and Fantas), lexan with countersunk holes for panel bolts.

needs artwork and other stuff of course, used a sixaxis pad with axisdapter :)

big thanks to B-boy Tekken for the custom job! hit him up if you need some panels cut!

also thanks to @DanAdamKOF for the myoungshin fanta :)
    looks super sick, but is it actually playable when you have it in your lap? looks pretty unstable, but hell, thats a really really unique and cool layout
  • RoBoBOBRRoBoBOBR Evil Beaver Joined: Posts: 192
    It's quite heavy, plus hitbox type controllers do not require much stability, there's no stick to jerk around =)
    They call me lamer because i'm downright lame.
  • STEZO_ONESTEZO_ONE FLUSH TOWN Joined: Posts: 495

NOIR layout, universal mounting (JLF and Fantas), lexan with countersunk holes for panel bolts.

needs artwork and other stuff of course, used a sixaxis pad with axisdapter :)

big thanks to B-boy Tekken for the custom job! hit him up if you need some panels cut!

also thanks to @DanAdamKOF for the myoungshin fanta :)

Looks amazing with that panel. are you planning to add a little art or etching on that? I really love the old hrap cases. Im still looking for a HRAP SE, and the HRAP 3 se.
  • defghuidefghui Joined: Posts: 850
    So I FINALLY completed this stick this weekend.
    I checked the "Created on" timestamp on the directory on my computer for the design specs, and it says "August 26th 2013". So stick is about 3 1/2 months in the making, on and off.

Casing is made of solid ABS plastic. I'm a model-builder, so I tend to be more confortable working with plastic than with wood.

Front and back of the stick: All-Sanwa with a JLF and OBSF-30s, with a recessed/flush-mounted Switchcraft RJ-45 pass-through. Side buttons are L1/L2 and ST/SL/H buttons, all black Seimitsu 24mm screw-ins.

Bottom: nothing exciting here. ABS panel for the bottom, and 40mm black aluminum feet.

But you ask: "Why is there a vertical break on the top panel, and what are those little rectangles above the panel?"
    I'm glad you asked!

A spring-loaded "button" allows me to stick my finger in there, and pull of either side of the top panel.
    The panels are held down with neodymium magnets, and the electrical work is connected via spring contacts.

So a quick little switch and I have a full-Seimitsu MK-panel! (Ok, the MK-panel isn't a true MK panel; it's a modified Astro P2 and the colors are off because I just used leftovers)

Project boxes for different PCBs: I have a PS360+ and a TvC-PCB wired already, I have extra boxes for a ChImp (for PSN-PS2 games) and soon an XBO controller (for KI). The project boxes fit inside the casing after you rip off the top panels.

Instead of crimping an RJ-45 plug directly on my 10' USB cables, I've started to make these instead:

And a complete picture of all my optional gear for this stick so far:

I was originally inspired by of this from a stick that @rtdzgn did about a year ago with swappable sectioned top-panels. @mr3mortified (I don't think the @ mention is working with his username) also recently posted something with swappable full top-panels a few months ago, so his work also drove me to work harder on mine (though mine was already in-progress at the time). Props to you two for pushing me to work harder/faster.

Also have to thank @Digital717 for his tutorial here on painting MDF; while I didn't end up with a mirror-finish as I would've hoped, his tutorial helped me with the polishing and stuff. Not the super-gloss finish that I would've wanted, but it's still not too bad...

SICK! always wanted to build something like that. but never had the means or motivation. mostly motivation
    :mp::hp::qcf::qcf::lk: ftw
  • emphaticemphatic Joined: Posts: 478
    Well, that might be one of the better sticks this year, FreedomGundam!
    I love shmups and never play fighting games.
    Here's my Guwange stick: http://www.emphatic.se/?p=197
  • NENDONENDO I will meditate and then destroy you. Joined: Posts: 3,348
    I believe you have just won my vote for the Tech Talk award. Amazing. Fantastic work @FreedomGundam !
    that white looks awesome. what is it called?
  • LLeg3ndLLeg3nd Always Eating Joined: Posts: 268
    dej wrote: »
    that white looks awesome. what is it called?

It's called Translucent White.
    twitch.tv/lleg3nd
    LLeg3nd wrote: »
    I finally finished my Tek-Case arcade stick. This one is Ky Kiske themed.

Are the sides blue?? Looks really good.

• LLeg3ndLLeg3nd Always Eating Joined: Posts: 268
    iNENDOi wrote: »
    LLeg3nd wrote: »
    I finally finished my Tek-Case arcade stick. This one is Ky Kiske themed.

Are the sides blue?? Looks really good.

Yeah it's blue, it's a pretty crappy picture sorry. Might replace the pic.
    twitch.tv/lleg3nd
  • FearlessFearless Joined: Posts: 407
    This is by far the most original and well done versatile fightstick that I've ever seen!!!

And maybe is to much to think about it but I would say MCZ or Hori or any other brand/company could copy your sleek design.

Great job FreedomGundam!!!
    -And then you asked: What the Hell are you!?

Well, I shall say... I'm God's left hand... Devil's right arm...
  • bluedudebluedude Joined: Posts: 112
    edited December 2013
    shangraf wrote: »
    my big boys

That VS SH stick is such a beauty! I really want one of those!
  • bluedudebluedude Joined: Posts: 112
    Phaedrus, that mod for the TvC stick is very creative! I really like it!
  • NegiSpringfieldNegiSpringfield Joined: Posts: 4
    Fearless wrote: »
    MCZ or Hori or any other brand/company could copy your sleek design.
    I guess big brands wouldn't do that cause if they do, they gonna face troubles with selling any new sticks after this model, cause nobody will need a new one, after getting this.
    FreedomGundam, U are really awesome.

RoBoBOBR wrote: »
    snip
    that hitbox looks really sick. How does gamerfinger buttons feels like?
    @LLeg3nd - Much better pic. That thing is d0p3!
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,793
    MCZ or Hori or any other brand/company could copy your sleek design.
    I guess big brands wouldn't do that cause if they do, they gonna face troubles with selling any new sticks after this model, cause nobody will need a new one, after getting this.
    FreedomGundam, U are really awesome.

RoBoBOBR wrote: »
    snip
    that hitbox looks really sick. How does gamerfinger buttons feels like?

Actually there very little FreedomGundam can do if Hori or Mad Catz decides to copy his idea. This isn't the first stick that did this ether retail or custom mod, FreedomGundam just happen to do the mod so well you think it's a commercial product. Not unless FreedomGundam files for a patent on the design, even then copyright/patent cases take forever in court and are hella expressive.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • nscnsc Stay free, it's the way to be Joined: Posts: 1,795
    Why can't I hold all these sticks? Because they're too sick and I don't own your sick mods. (I edited the following statments because they all started with "I love" so I got creative)

The punisher stick makes me ooze jelly and there's only one question left, when's MvC4 when frank castle is playable?

Wiimote-mount? Should've been stock, that's slick--very clever.

The only thing with that super stylish thintbox (see what I did there?) is it seems like it would wreck your wrist since it's so flat and low, I would like to see a design that's a bit thicker and has a 2DS wedge goin' on. But holy shit that's SLEEK. 10/10 would use as a chakram if I get bodied in a tourney.

And then this slick modular stick, I adore it, especially the MK layout option since MK is awkward on a doge layout. Great idea, well executed, 11/10 (+1 for expensive plastic).

Tek-cases always make me drool, they look wonderful.
    PSN: iamnsc ~ Steam: nsc
    Ontario, Canada
  • CharmCharm Joined: Posts: 59
    page 557 is full of hotness.
  • NegiSpringfieldNegiSpringfield Joined: Posts: 4
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Actually there very little FreedomGundam can do if Hori or Mad Catz decides to copy his idea. This isn't the first stick that did this ether retail or custom mod, FreedomGundam just happen to do the mod so well you think it's a commercial product. Not unless FreedomGundam files for a patent on the design, even then copyright/patent cases take forever in court and are hella expressive.
    Im not trying to say that big brands will get some copyright problems with copying that design, but if they do it will be unprofitable for them, cause people wouldn't buy any other stick after getting this one.
  • archalienarchalien NorCal Scrub Joined: Posts: 141
    Hate to party crash the copyright movement but any patent would be invalidated by prior art and public domain. I made a similar stick back in 99 that I could swap tag and sf button layouts as well as swap happ sticks similar to this.....although mine was more of a frankenstick and not the beauty Gundams is!!! I even made a modular design were the stick and buttons are in separate boxes that snap together instead of swapping panels.

That said, a TE2 (no top panel bolts ftw!!!) That could quick swap out sticks(happ, seimitsu, sanwa, fanta, hitbox, balltop, battop, etc) and separately quick swap button layouts(tekken, sf, Mk, neogeo, etc) would probably be the most godlike stick ever created!!!!!

That said, Gundam, mad props!!!! For a one off custom, you and your stick(s) are freaking godlike!!!
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Quickly becoming the Sailor Moon S guy. Joined: Posts: 13,843
    edited December 2013
    This is by far the most original and well done versatile fightstick that I've ever seen!!!

And maybe is to much to think about it but I would say MCZ or Hori or any other brand/company could copy your sleek design.

Great job FreedomGundam!!!

Could? Try should.

That is not only a great stick, but a great proof of concept. If companies wanted, they could use that this year to make the perfect stick for the customer without wasting parts.

Shoot, I'd LOVE to have a stick like that.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • kombatmedikkombatmedik Joined: Posts: 129
    FreedomGundam can you show us how you did the modules? I'd love to see how you wired the PS360+.

Also yeah, stick of the year. Fantastic work.