With 10% off until 23 January.

Comments

• HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 24,325
    Well, this is certainly unexpected.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,382 mod
    edited January 2014
    Wait.... what?

EDIT:
    6HZrDYa.gif
    Post edited by d3v on
  • Hatred EdgeHatred Edge No Ningens Allowed Joined: Posts: 16,609
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Has anyone thanked you today for not setting the whole world on fire?

They should. I won't. I advocate setting the world on fire. But morons who actually like it, benefit from society, would do well to thank you and men like you for not visiting hell upon them.

"You don't know what it's like to hate. To have your entire life become nothing more than an expression of hate. Nothing else matters. Nothing else can compare. Or taste as sweet."
  • NekoMicNekoMic Neko Punch! Joined: Posts: 386
    Hopefully we might get Guilty Gear Xrd and BlazBlue Chronophantasma
    This might be Arc System Works testing the waters on PC.
  • JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 4,340
    1338961638611.gif
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
  • J.DJ.D EVO Staff Joined: Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited January 2014
    Shittiest GG ever made.
    GG is an amazing series. Don't let this game ruin your experience, pretend it doesnt exist.
    Fight For The Future!!
  • blufangblufang Devour! Joined: Posts: 4,487
    So instead of releasing GG AC+#R, PC users get Isuka. I just don't understand the thinking here.

• Lord_RaptorLord_Raptor Joined: Posts: 8,810
    Isuka was already on PC from years back, it just got ported over to Steam.
    Are you right? Are you READY!?
  • Lance3rdLance3rd Alaska 3rd Strike Joined: Posts: 986
    this seems like something Capcom would do

now they just have to say "no one bought our Steam GG game, which tells us none of you want a real GG sequel"
  • PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 14,531 admin
    This is such a beautifully horrible game. It's fun to play once.

i film things

• CircuitousCircuitous 無駄な足掻きだ。 Joined: Posts: 168
    It's on GOG.com for ~$6 and has been for a long time. The only reason it's on Steam is that KISS Ltd. bought out a previous license holder and figured they'd try and make a few bucks.
  • AionAion Is a Pre-Madonna Joined: Posts: 1,057
    edited January 2014
    traxus wrote: »
    Another smart play from arcsys, looks like they're trying to turn potential customers away from their future games.
    blufang wrote: »
    So instead of releasing GG AC+#R, PC users get Isuka. I just don't understand the thinking here.
    NekoMic wrote: »
    Hopefully we might get Guilty Gear Xrd and BlazBlue Chronophantasma
    This might be Arc System Works testing the waters on PC.

Calm down, like others have mentioned this is just a steam port; Isuka has been on PC for ages. This is not Arc making any kind of move...
  • traxustraxus Joined: Posts: 380
    The people that would actually buy this on steam (IE: not the handful of informed GG fans), wouldn't know that. They'd see this, think to themselves, 'oh I've heard of guilty gear, maybe I'll try it since it's cheap.' Than, after purchase, they'll realize this fighting game that seemingly released in 2014, has no online play. Most will feel ripped off and give up on it right there. The few that stick with it and somehow manage to play some local 2v2 PC multiplayer will quickly realize the game is awful. How interested do you think these people would be in future guilty gear/arcsys titles?

Maybe it's not arcsys doing, I don't know, but someone is shooting them in the foot with this. If you were arcsys, would you want your new customers first experience with guilty gear, or your games in general, to be an outdated port of isuka with no online play?
  • gamingsagegamingsage shoto 4 lyfe Joined: Posts: 210
    I love this game. I, having since learned the controls, have never had the opportunity to play with anyone else. Ppl hatin on reload. It's gonna get y'all no where. I'm sayin it now.
    www.twitch.tv/superuiuri
  • AionAion Is a Pre-Madonna Joined: Posts: 1,057
    Robo-ky mode and the OST makes the purchase worth it imo; either way, it's not a game you take seriously...it's just a fun spin-off.
    The people that would actually buy this on steam (IE: not the handful of informed GG fans), wouldn't know that. They'd see this, think to themselves, 'oh I've heard of guilty gear, maybe I'll try it since it's cheap.' Than, after purchase, they'll realize this fighting game that seemingly released in 2014, has no online play. Most will feel ripped off and give up on it right there. The few that stick with it and somehow manage to play some local 2v2 PC multiplayer will quickly realize the game is awful. How interested do you think these people would be in future guilty gear/arcsys titles?

Maybe it's not arcsys doing, I don't know, but someone is shooting them in the foot with this. If you were arcsys, would you want your new customers first experience with guilty gear, or your games in general, to be an outdated port of isuka with no online play?

Except the release date is listed as '20th June 2006'. Maybe you don't use Steam much, but they've been re-releasing old games constantly for a while now; some people like it, some don't (it pushes down actual new releases, blurs spotlights etc). Majority of people on Steam are well aware of this and will be well aware that this is just an old port as they'd be used to it by now. Doesn't stop the few idiots in the Review's section from making a fool out of themselves though...
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 24,325
    GGI is fun if you have the right mind set for it, aka, don't take it seriously.

Plus it allows for manly matches like 4 Potemkins/Slayers on a free for all :rock:
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • traxustraxus Joined: Posts: 380
    edited January 2014
    Aion wrote: »
    Except the release date is listed as '20th June 2006'.

On the the games page yes, everywhere else (pop-up ad, recent releases, search results), no:

ggis.jpg

And even if you see the release date on the games main page, people aren't going to assume no online, because we had plenty of online fighters before 2006, including guilty gear xx reload of all things, on xbox in 2004. My point was, most people who pick this up are going to feel ripped off. The people that know better (IE: us), aren't going to touch it.
  • NephinelNephinel Jill - Mistress of Wyverns Joined: Posts: 705
    The Genshiken anime was co-produced by Sega Sammy, so that would explain Ohno's Jam cosplay and the GGI footage.
    This battle is about to explode. FIGHT!
    PSN: Nephinel
    NNID: Nephinel
  • nscnsc Stay free, it's the way to be Joined: Posts: 1,796
    You know what? Fuck it, I'm buying this.

Gonna send a big ol' message to ASW: "PUT YOUR SHIT ON STEAM"
    PSN: iamnsc ~ Steam: nsc
    Ontario, Canada
  • Smoothjazz101Smoothjazz101 Joined: Posts: 1,480

This all assumes ASW give a shit about their western fanbase
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 22,402
    nsc wrote: »

They aren't going to notice you know.

It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • PozerWolfPozerWolf Gummies, yum! ;o Joined: Posts: 8,401 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited January 2014
    The ONLY tournament that ever took place for Guilty Gear Isuka, 17 minutes in.

*video*

"Congrats. Your grand is 25 years worth of Game Software!"

What the hell is that?
    Is that... 25 years of games from back in the day? Is that the next 25 years he'll get PS3, PS4, and PS5 games? Is it a bunch of dev kits and engines used to make games? WHAT THE HELL IS THAT FUCKIN' PRIZE?!
    All I do is draw naked birds all day.
    Twitter; PozerWolf
  • nscnsc Stay free, it's the way to be Joined: Posts: 1,796
    nsc wrote: »

They aren't going to notice you know.

I man can dream ;-;
    PSN: iamnsc ~ Steam: nsc
    Ontario, Canada
  • gamingsagegamingsage shoto 4 lyfe Joined: Posts: 210
    Yeah this is the hardest gg to play. Good luck if you're new. The dust being s + h sucks as well.
    www.twitch.tv/superuiuri
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,382 mod
    The game would have probably been better with a system that made it so that you automatically faced one opponent all the time with the option to switch "targets".
  • JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 4,340
    d3v wrote: »
    The game would have probably been better with a system that made it so that you automatically faced one opponent all the time with the option to switch "targets".

Either that or ditch 2D fighter inputs and just make it GG Smash.
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
  • YariYari Joined: Posts: 76

Whoa, what is finalshowdown doing in that anime?
  • KaneKane biding my time Joined: Posts: 388
    Nephinel wrote: »
    The Genshiken anime was co-produced by Sega Sammy, so that would explain Ohno's Jam cosplay and the GGI footage.

Interesting. If I'm not mistaken, in the manga they actually play Savior and CvsS1.

That explains why they switched for GG in the anime.

• NephinelNephinel Jill - Mistress of Wyverns Joined: Posts: 705
    JohnGrimm wrote: »

Either that or ditch 2D fighter inputs and just make it GG Smash.

They already made that game. Ever heard of Guilty Gear: Dust Strikers?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=C4Diy5D0V64

This battle is about to explode. FIGHT!
    PSN: Nephinel
    NNID: Nephinel
  • DoctaMarioDoctaMario Sometimes It Snows In April... Joined: Posts: 3,604
    edited January 2014
    ^^I actually owned that game when I had a DS. It was actually a pretty fun game, although I didn't really play GG at the time so I didn't know any of the references.

Isuka's fun too if, like people say, you don't take it too seriously. It's actually a GG game I'd like to see someone do some kind of mod to to make it better.
    "Money matches are against the law in Japan. They can never be good at Marvel." -4r5
  • dialupsuckydialupsucky FINAL SHOWDOWN Joined: Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Yari wrote: »

Whoa, what is finalshowdown doing in that anime?

lol ha thanks to bad im sure that joke is lost on most