Norcal Super Turbo thread

1232425262729»

Comments

• MizukiMizuki ayy lmao Joined: Posts: 3,200
    edited March 2014
    dont have facebook, don't plan on getting one either :/

ive been playing st on ggpo when i have time but I'm pretty swamped w/ work and school. i'm too NAH. i usually tweet when I'm on ggpo looking for peeps to play
    www.twitter.com/thenipahhut
  • BIGTIMEBIGTIME Joined: Posts: 35
    Hey guys not trying to hijack the thread or anything but I just wanted to invite any ST players to come out and get some games in tomorrow. We are having a get together at my warehouse and I have a head to head astro cities running ST. Here is a link with the location information its starting at noon tomorrow hope to see you there. http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/159978/4th-annual-fighters-meet#latest
  • eltroubleeltrouble Joined: Posts: 5,722
    Wow, the pictures of your arcade look amazing.
  • BIGTIMEBIGTIME Joined: Posts: 35
    Thanks thread has been updated with location. Scheduled dates and times will be posted on the actual thread and I will also drop a line here for future gatherings.
  • VestaxVestax Blends No. 27 Joined: Posts: 1,509
    So....
    Play an old man's game. Play Super Turbo.
    Vestax wrote: »
    So....

Hi. You going to NCR this year?
  • KuroppiKuroppi くろっぴ Joined: Posts: 891
    edited November 2014
    I guess I should post this here. :) Also, early bird registration ends this sunday (3/23).

ST Revival welcomes Nor Cal Regionals as a [TOURNAMENT OF LEGENDS II[/url] qualifier. Please note, this qualifier will be replacing the Myungcenter Qualifier as the Nor Cal Qualifier. Special thanks to John Choi for helping us organize this qualifier. Also additional thanks to Myung, Papasi, Ultracombo, Thrust and GeoRam for their help

When/where:
    - April 19th @ 2PM PST

Holiday Inn Capitol Plaza
    300 J St
    Sacramento, CA 95814

Hardware:
    - XBox 360 HDR Classic Mode (4:3 resolution / ST Classic Sprites)
    - Asus Monitors

Format:
    - Double elimination.
    - 3/5, 4/7 Grand Finals
    - Akuma is banned.

Entry fee:
    - $5 Visit https://kineda.wufoo.com/forms/norcal-regionals-2014 to register.
    - Payout TBA. (20% will go to STR to help tournament expenses for EVO)
    Post edited by Kuroppi on
    Shhh... ST in da house!

www.strevival.com | STR Facebook | Twitter
    eltrouble wrote: »
    So....

Hi. You going to NCR this year?

I think so. I got a place to stay. I just need to get off my lazy ass and sign up. Think Kuroppi read my mind.

Thanks for posting btw. Kuroppi, may i suggest that you post the "other" registration fee? It's $35 plus $2.50 processing. That's $35+$2.50+$5.
    Processing fee? Lame.
    Shhh... ST in da house!

edited March 2014
    do you have to pay to spectate? im also talking to ceg see if its being streamed or whatnot (im not streaming)

also i have a fakebook someone approve so i can look at the fb page or whatever however you use it
  • papasipapasi N Ken is the truth Joined: Posts: 1,568
    edited March 2014
    Registered for NCR.

Remember sunday is the last day for early bird discount.

Don't procrastinate

https://kineda.wufoo.com/forms/norcal-regionals-2014
    eltrouble "I doubt that ST will be on the main stream ever again."
    OhNuki: Real men play ST!!
    James Chen: there is something special about playing ST on a cab. It just feels so goooooood.
    Super Turbo Hitbox & safe jump guide http://www.strevival.com/hitbox/
    Mizuki wrote: »
    do you have to pay to spectate? im also talking to ceg see if its being streamed or whatnot (im not streaming)

also i have a fakebook someone approve so i can look at the fb page or whatever however you use it

John ‏@JohnChoiBoy Mar 20
    Spec passes will be sold on site for $10 for all weekend
    Shhh... ST in da house!

Kuroppi wrote: »

John ‏@JohnChoiBoy Mar 20
    Spec passes will be sold on site for $10 for all weekend

cool
    Pre-NCR ST session happening this weekend. Reunion time. Ya'll are welcome to come!
    edited April 2014
    any of yall got a room for ncr and/or give me a ride to ncr?
    Pre-NCR ST session happening this weekend. Reunion time. Ya'll are welcome to come!

where and what time? im booked sat evening and sunday afternoon

Geo's place this Saturday. Not sure when it starts, I think around 6ish. PM Geo for info.

• ultracomboultracombo Weakest Loser Joined: Posts: 741
    edited April 2014

Damn I haven't been on SRK in a minute haha.

Yo Anthony we're going to NCR on friday right? Maybe we could take Nick too?

If not, Papasi is going the next day, and he's taking geo. Since the East Bay is on the way I think he could give you a lift too.
    "If ultracombo misses a low roundhouse, he is likely to continue doing it." - TheMuffinMan
    ultracombo wrote: »
    snip snip

Sure. We'll talk details this Saturday.
    edited April 2014

Geo's place this Saturday. Not sure when it starts, I think around 6ish. PM Geo for info.

can't make it :< got a dinner date

I'd like to get there ASAP since I might be doing some stuff.
  • BattosaiBattosai Joined: Posts: 766 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Kuroppi wrote: »
    I guess I should post this here. :) Also, early bird registration ends this sunday (3/23).

str_ncr_qualifier.png

http://www.strevival.com/2014/03/11/nor-cal-regionals-joins-as-a-tournament-of-legends-ii-qualifier

ST Revival welcomes Nor Cal Regionals as a TOURNAMENT OF LEGENDS II qualifier. Please note, this qualifier will be replacing the Myungcenter Qualifier as the Nor Cal Qualifier. Special thanks to John Choi for helping us organize this qualifier. Also additional thanks to Myung, Papasi, Ultracombo, Thrust and GeoRam for their help

When/where:
    - April 19th @ 2PM PST

Holiday Inn Capitol Plaza
    300 J St
    Sacramento, CA 95814

Hardware:
    - XBox 360 HDR Classic Mode (4:3 resolution / ST Classic Sprites)
    - Asus Monitors

Format:
    - Double elimination.
    - 3/5, 4/7 Grand Finals
    - Akuma is banned.

Entry fee:
    - $5 Visit https://kineda.wufoo.com/forms/norcal-regionals-2014 to register.
    - Payout TBA. (20% will go to STR to help tournament expenses for EVO)

I will try and make it

For any stragglers out there:
    We're running a ranbat tourney this Friday. Signups end at 9PM sharp. Winner of the ranbat is eligible for the 3rd slot for the XMania team at EVO of Vestax and Thrust. See you guys there.
    - Thrust07

I feel like Tim Duncan of ST, except I'm not as clutch. This is seriously my last EVO. Been over this game like decades ago but it's fun hanging out with ya'll. On top of this, I think it'll be a while before anyone takes over Kuroppi's hard work and dedication for ST Revival. I'm hoping many of you can come out for one last time.
  • Ragtime4Ragtime4 Joined: Posts: 3
    Anybody still playing ST? I'm in Fairfield. Definitely prefer Hyper Fighting but willing to play ST also.
    Ragtime4 wrote: »
    Anybody still playing ST? I'm in Fairfield. Definitely prefer Hyper Fighting but willing to play ST also.

Ultracombo and Papasi (they post in this thread), are the ones you want to get in contact with. Their crew primarily plays ST, but most ST guys don't mind throwing down in HF anyways. Pretty similar games in terms of raw mechanics. Hit them up either here, or better yet, on their FB group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/614928825184362/
  • FuddFudd High Level Parking Joined: Posts: 1,215

I'm actually located in Fairfield, as well. But I'm in Korea right now. I'll be coming back August 5th.
    "See, Super Turbo is a real man's game... But Street Fighter 4's like Chuck-E-Cheese, baby. Y'know what I'm saying? Where a kid can be a kid. I'm a grown-ass man, so clearly I'm not old enough to go in the ball pit." -Steve Harrison (Translation: dat Fo' make you soft)
    Super Turbo Revival
    "Everyone has a plan until they get magnetized." -SpiderDan
    PSN: Metonymous | Battle.net: Noun#1214 | Steam: Noun Proper | YT
  • thrust07thrust07 Buc, buc, buc, booyakah, shah! Joined: Posts: 754

Hey man. We're playing this Friday at GameCenter in San Carlos. Our group is centralized in the Peninsula and the South Bay, although we did start playing together in the Fairfield/707 area. You're more than welcome to join us.

If you can't swing by down here, are you connected with the Den Dojo/RamNation guys? They should be playing on Friday, although there aren't a whole lot of guys who still play there.
  • PhobosPhobos Old Man with a BIG stick Joined: Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Sup guys:P
    For you the day that M.Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life, but for me it was Tuesday!

" I perfer touch of women on my member ". ryuBESTman

ST: Ken, Ryu, E.Honda, DJ,Bison,T-hawk.
    Mvc: Strider, Cap Umvc3:Tron,Arthur,Viewtiful Joe Frank West,Firebrand,Iron Fist
    STV: Ken, Ryu
    GG:Baiken
    DS: Felicia, Sas,Q-Bee, DS2:Phobos,Sas

• thrust07thrust07 Buc, buc, buc, booyakah, shah! Joined: Posts: 754
    For any of you crazies still lurking here... we're holding a session on Friday!

https://www.facebook.com/events/828101313890574/828101317223907/?notif_t=event_mall_reply
  • jugosojugoso FG enthusiast Joined: Posts: 208
    Hey, guys

I'm visiting from Chile and I'll be staying in Mountain View for November. Anyone nearby going to 37 moment tourney? Can chip in for gas
    jugoso wrote: »
    Hey, guys

I'm visiting from Chile and I'll be staying in Mountain View for November. Anyone nearby going to 37 moment tourney? Can chip in for gas

Hey Jugoso.

Most of the ST players have moved away from the forums and more onto social media sites like Facebook.

Here's a link to the NorCal ST Facebook Page, where pretty much all the norcal players view and post there.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/614928825184362/

I think you'll find better luck posting in there than here. Hope to see you at 37!