The ST match vids + discussion thread

Comments

• delatroydelatroy My Blue Boat Joined: Posts: 293
    SSF2T GGPO Casuals - KEN MASTER (Dic) vs. stella0415 (Ryu)

SSF2T GGPO Casuals - SpinalBlood (Sagat) vs. Zagi (ChunLi)

SSF2T GGPO Casuals - 41i45 (Ryu, Boxer) vs. Balcork (FeiLong)

• papasipapasi N Ken is the truth Joined: Posts: 1,568

rare footage of Jesse Howard , Wes Truelson with Munny Xiong
    eltrouble "I doubt that ST will be on the main stream ever again."
    OhNuki: Real men play ST!!
    James Chen: there is something special about playing ST on a cab. It just feels so goooooood.
    Super Turbo Hitbox & safe jump guide http://www.strevival.com/hitbox/
    SSF2T GGPO Casuals - KEN MASTER (Ryu) vs. POS (Ken, Guile)

• James_OJames_O Joined: Posts: 14
    edited March 2014
    Toronto ST Returns #2 stream archive from last weekend

Also some matches from the 2nd setup.. it had some issues so wasn't used as much:

SSF2T GGPO Casuals - Afro Legends (Boxer, DeeJay) vs. POS (Dhalsim)

SSF2T GGPO Casuals - RealDecoy (Blanka) vs. yito2k (Dhalsim, Dic)

SSF2T GGPO Casuals - KEN MASTER (Dic) vs. Gizzle (Boxer)

• BattosaiBattosai Joined: Posts: 766 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited April 2014

STPlayah vs Yuuki
    Post edited by Battosai on
    edited April 2014

STPlayah vs Graham Wolfe
    edited April 2014

STPlayah usa vs Lieut Dan jpn
    edited April 2014

STPlayah infant stages with st ryu vs Giga MSX 2008
    edited April 2014

STPlayah vs Kuroppi

Mysterious Figher(leut dan) vs Yuuai
    edited April 2014

Sasori jpn vs Yuuai jpn
    edited April 2014

STPlayah(Iown U) vs Marsgatti 2011
    SSF2T GGPO Casuals - Afro Legends (Boxer) vs. Airibon (FeiLong)

SSF2T GGPO Casuals - Jodim (Zangief) vs POS (Dhalsim)

SSF2T GGPO Casuals - Yunes-K21 (DeeJay) vs. Zagi (ChunLi)

• DANZANDANZAN NO SQUIGGERINO Joined: Posts: 6,557
    angelpalm wrote: »
    People have to complain to counter act that massive influx of idiot gamers that just eat whatever shit pie developers and studios crap out in front of them. If people didn't complain we would all be playing NMS for years right along side the martian.
  • trinifella1trinifella1 Joined: Posts: 326
    Wow its great to see ST being kept alive by the top dogs as well as new blood. Truly a gem that is only getting better with time. Just got my hands back on my stick (no homo lol) so I hope to get back into groove of things while juggling the do's of real life. UNV Rasta
    "Foolish Worm"
  • ShinAkuma204ShinAkuma204 The Primordial Ooze Joined: Posts: 4,524
    I'll just leave this here.

Who's cuisine reigns supreme?!

"Well I guess the future is rape and no one can stop it."
  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,457
    edited October 2014

Footage from the ST-tournament at Gigacon, about two weeks after I started playing ST. Would appreciate feedback on my games (I'm the guy playing O.Sagat). :)
    Also, I play slightly less terrible in the later games than I do in the one at the start of the video, so please disregard that first game. D:
  • 7 5 07 5 0 Joined: Posts: 464
    It is pleasant to see the talented artwork from Udon they've done in remix.
  • luckyjimluckyjim Joined: Posts: 117
    Naeras wrote: »

Footage from the ST-tournament at Gigacon, about two weeks after I started playing ST. Would appreciate feedback on my games (I'm the guy playing O.Sagat). :)
    Also, I play slightly less terrible in the later games than I do in the one at the start of the video, so please disregard that first game. D:

Hey, just had a look at some of your matches assuming you're Player 1, and I'd recommend the following - stop jumping, and don't jump in, ever. In fact try and maintain as much distance as you can. If you get a knockdown, get the opponent to wake up on a meaty fireball and continue pressure. You can stagger your tiger shots in terms of timing, also throw out occasional normals or doing nothing if you think your opponent is going to try and guess jump in, and then punish them with any number of anti airs.

If you do like knockdown jump in pressure, you may want to try new Sagat - try and score a knockdown or punish with a tiger knee, which will give you the opportunity to pressure with crossup/fake crossup j.forward on the opponent's wakeup. His fireballs are shittier but you don't seem to like playing the zoning game all that much :)

Good luck! And that looks like it was a fun tourney :)
    Thanks for the feedback, I'll keep those things in mind. The jumping issue in particular is a bad habit that I'll try to get rid of. =p

Also, I actually do enjoy zoning quite a bit, to the point that I actually switched mains in two other games to zoners after having so much fun with O.Sagat this tournament. :D A lot of the wakeup-pressure I did was because I predicted people would try (and fail) to reversal DP. Still, I guess dabbling in N.Sagat also could be worth a try. =)
  • eltroubleeltrouble Joined: Posts: 5,719
    For all intents and purposes, O.Sagat is just demonstrably better than N.Sagat. O.Sagat can also pressure opponents on wakeup with safe jumps, high/low mixups, not to mention a vastly superior st.short. A safe jump j.short, st.short can be hit confirmed into any combo of your choice, along with the fact that st.short x fireball is a great tool to push your opponent back in case they do jump in.

Of course, a simple cr.forward on their wakeup is good as well. If they try to reversal and fail, they'll get hit, so you can link it into another cr.forward x tiger shot or tiger knee. Lots of options if you choose to play more aggressively up close.

N.Sagat's fun to play because you have to rely much more on smart footsies than just raw zoning and damage, but that being said, there's really no inherent advantage in playing N.Sagat besides having a super that can go through fireballs.
    On that note, it'd be great to watch eltrouble's recent tutorial on O.Gat if you haven't seen it -

And it's good that you've brought up st.short. Watching John Choi matches, you can see how it can be used to great effect to help with O.Sagat's space control and closer-range poking. A great option to add to your gameplay instead of relying mostly on cr.RH or Uppercut.
    St.short is a ridiculously good normal. It comes out fast, hits low on most characters, it's 2 hits and both of them can be special cancelled, arguably the farthest range of any light attack in the game (not counting dhalsim).

Hahah, I actually stumbled over that tutorial last week purely by accident. Thanks for making that, I learned quite a bit from it.

(please make more of them, it was great)
  • ShariShari Overestimated. Joined: Posts: 2,626
    You should play N.Gat he's got a crossup *BARF*

Haunts: Is it lag or just impeccable footsies and spacing, I don't know.
    MiloDC: I beat YuuVega -- yes, that YuuVega -- the first time I played Claw seriously in my entire life.
    Naeras wrote: »
    Hahah, I actually stumbled over that tutorial last week purely by accident. Thanks for making that, I learned quite a bit from it.

(please make more of them, it was great)

Will do. Honestly, not sure what other tutorials I can cover. I don't have enough players who can cover the entire cast, and I can only play/teach about half the roster to a basic level. I'll have to cover Dhalsim at some point (my main character), but there's quite a lot to go over.

• XgamerzXgamerz Joined: Posts: 10
    edited October 2014
    GGPO matchs
  • oldschool_BRoldschool_BR Projectile spammer Joined: Posts: 2,442
    This channel has lots of East/West team matches and tournaments:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuLIG6Q1E_JlBGJ5Fc7Rcpw

According to Google Translate, it's from Sanseibu Johoku shop in Hamamatsu City.
    edited December 2014
    ANaqvi wrote: »
    Watts eltrouble
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PL9NTDwg96_2Af7LRRoefffXiz8FAzK1wO&v=MCOLactdXLU

I emulated my old guile off mike Watson best Guile in US imo too awesome probably closest to how tomo played guile
    edited December 2014
    ANaqvi wrote: »
    Watts eltrouble
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PL9NTDwg96_2Af7LRRoefffXiz8FAzK1wO&v=MCOLactdXLU

I emulated my old guile off mike Watson best Guile in US imo too awesome probably closest to how tomo played guile

That was a fun fight. At the time, I didn't really have any practice against Guile players. So even though it's a really good fight for Sim, Watson made it a lot tougher than most would think. He's easily the best Guile player I've ever fought in that matchup, and most definitely the best old-school Guile.
    edited December 2014

Some great matches in there.

Small free Toronto ST tourney last weekend, mix of older and new players.

Results:
    1.dogberry (O.Hawk, Sim?)
    2.Unessential (Chun, Cammy)
    3.luckyjim (O.Honda)
    4.Enzo (DeeJay) and Hopper (O.Ryu, O.Ken)
    6.Osman (Guile) and Aaron (N.Sagat)