STR Presents: X-Mania USA AND Tournament of Legends II @ EVO 2014

Comments

• KuroppiKuroppi くろっぴ Joined: Posts: 891
    Just SIX days remaining for X-Mania USA & ToL II online registration (ends June 30th). If you miss the online registration deadline, you only have 8AM-9AM Friday morning at Evo to register and onsite registration jumps to $30 per player for X-Mania USA and $50 for ToL II.

NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE.

If you don't have a team for X-Mania USA you can still pre-register online and find a team at Evo or be assigned a team before the start of the tournament.

X-Mania USA pools are filling up fast. Only seven team spots remain before the bracket caps. If you have a teammate who has not registered, get them to register or register for them. If the bracket caps, you'll have to find a new teammate.

http://www.strevival.com/evo2014pools
    Shhh... ST in da house!

www.strevival.com | STR Facebook | Twitter
    The winning team of X-Mania USA will receive these special customized X-Mania USA sticks.

Thank you to Markman for providing us the sticks to customize!

10454094_10203238736343427_1996803155769177156_o.jpg
    Shhh... ST in da house!

LAST DAY TO REGISTER FOR TOURNAMENT OF LEGENDS II! X-MANIA REGISTRATION IS CLOSED.

http://www.strevival.com

EVO EMERGENCY ONSITE REGISTRATION IS JULY 11TH 8AM-9AM ONLY!
    Shhh... ST in da house!

Unfortunately, Nakamura has had to cancel his trip to Evo. We will add a seventh pool for ToL II qualifiers.
    Shhh... ST in da house!

• oldschool_BRoldschool_BR Projectile spammer Joined: Posts: 2,442
    Kuroppi wrote: »
    Unfortunately, Nakamura has had to cancel his trip to Evo. We will add a seventh pool for ToL II qualifiers.

That's very sad. Because it's Nakamura, and because it was the only opportunity for many to see a Cammy like that.
  • x64x64 Fuck your SRK Joined: Posts: 3,204
    Is ToL II and X-Mania being streamed?
    ST/HDR/USF2: Honda/Rog/O.Hawk | USF4: Bison | SFV: Ryu :(
    XBL: mr x64 | PSN: deadpool_zero | SFV: epistaxis64
    Fightcade/USF2: x64
    Arkadeum will be streaming @ www.twitch.tv/arkadeum

As always though, 4G access is real unreliable at Evo but we will try our best to have the stream up. If we are unable to do so, the matches will be recorded.
    Shhh... ST in da house!

Awesome. Yeah I can't imagine streaming through a cellular data channel would be anywhere close to optimum.
  • blufangblufang Devour! Joined: Posts: 4,487
    Kuroppi wrote: »

Damn...I was looking forward to him the most. I love seeing lesser uncommon characters used by elite talent.

• marumarumarumaru Joined: Posts: 3
    Hey Kroppi where is the single tournament pool ?
    I can find 3on3 pools here but can't find single one...
    http://www.strevival.com/evo2014pools/
    marumaru wrote: »
    Hey Kroppi where is the single tournament pool ?
    I can find 3on3 pools here but can't find single one...
    http://www.strevival.com/evo2014pools/

ToL II (solo) pools are at the top, below the ToL II banner. X-Mania USA (3on3) pools are towards the bottom, below the X-Mania USA banner.
    Shhh... ST in da house!

http://www.strevival.com/evo2014pools

BE AT YOUR POOL ON TIME. The schedule is very full and we cannot delay pools waiting on players. YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED IF YOU ARE NOT AT YOUR POOL ON TIME.

For X-Mania USA, if your teammate is not there, YOU WILL HAVE TO PLAY WITHOUT HIM/HER.
    Shhh... ST in da house!

edited July 2014
    Note: we are tentatively scheduled to do a Gamespot Versus East vs West style team battle Saturday night around 9PM following X-Mania USA Top 8 and dinner break.

http://www.strevival.com/schedule

EVO 2014 X-MANIA USA & TOURNAMENT OF LEGENDS II SCHEDULE – ALL TIMES PACIFIC STANDARD TIME (PST):

FRIDAY: TOURNAMENT OF LEGENDS II – STREAM:

8:00AM – 9:00AM ToL II EMERGENCY REGISTRATION

9:30AM ToL II Pool A
    10:30AM ToL II Pool B
    11:30AM ToL II Pool C
    11:30AM ToL II Pool D
    12:30PM ToL II Pool E
    1:30PM ToL II Pool F
    2:30PM ToL II Pool G

4:00 PM TOURNAMENT OF LEGENDS II – TOP 32 FINALS BEGINS

SATURDAY: X-MANIA USA – STREAM:

8:00AM – 9:00AM TEAM ASSIGNMENTS FOR PLAYERS STILL WITHOUT A TEAM

9:30 AM Pool A
    10:15 AM Pool B
    11:00 AM Pool C
    11:45 AM Pool D
    12:30 PM Pool E
    1:15 PM Pool F
    2:00 PM Pool G
    2:45 PM Pool H

5:00 PM X-MANIA USA Top 8 (Single Elim) – EVO Main Stage -
    Shhh... ST in da house!

• SesshomaruSesshomaru Joined: Posts: 582
    X-MANIA USA RESULTS:

1. Team M3 – Mattsun (Ken), MAO (Vega), TMF (Zangief)
    2. Team Japan 2 – Noguchi (Vega), Hanashi (Fei Long), Kurahashi (Ryu)
    3. Team Special Forces – AfroLegends (Balrog), Ganelon (Vega), Damdai (O-Ryu)
    4. Team OGSF – LU|Alex Valle (Ryu), Choiboy (O-Sagat), Watts (Balrog)
    5. Team Legal – MongoloRobokop (Cammy), Digital Infamy (Balrog), Moocus (O-T.Hawk)
    5. Team Japan 1 – MCZ|Umehara (Balrog), Nuki (Chun-Li), MCZ|TOKIDO (Vega)
    5. Team Triple OG – ultracombo (O-Sagat), shotosallday (O-Ken), DNGR S Papercut (O-T.Hawk)
    5. Team Europe – ISIMORN (Vega), ORF (Ryu), Balcork (Fei Long)

TOURNAMENT OF LEGENDS II RESULTS:

1. MAO (Vega)
    2. Nuki (Chun-Li)
    3. Kurahashi (O-Ken, Ryu)
    4. Mattsun (Ken)
    5. Noguchi (Vega, O-Sagat)
    5. AfroLegends (Balrog, Dee Jay)
    7. Hanashi (Fei Long, Dee Jay, E.Honda)
    7. LU|Alex Valle (O-Sagat)

9. Balcork (Ryu, Fei Long)
    9. Damdai (O-Ryu)
    9. Marsgatti (O-Guile, Guile)
    9. EG|JWong (O-Sagat)
    13. AfroCole (Dhalsim)
    13. ultracombo (O-Sagat)
    13. TMF (Zangief)
    13. shotosallday (O-Ryu)
  • RandomRandom Joined: Posts: 323
    edited July 2014
    Vega in #1 spot for both, no surprise.
    I didn't want to believe it but it appears the Japanese are still way ahead of the US in ST. Can't help but give props to MAO though. What a monster. He has to now be considered the #1 undisputed worldwide champion of ST.

Any news of archival footage of the ST tourneys? Or Salty Suite action?
  • FuddFudd High Level Parking Joined: Posts: 1,215
    Yes, I'm specifically hoping for eltrouble vs moocus.
    *rubs hands*
    "See, Super Turbo is a real man's game... But Street Fighter 4's like Chuck-E-Cheese, baby. Y'know what I'm saying? Where a kid can be a kid. I'm a grown-ass man, so clearly I'm not old enough to go in the ball pit." -Steve Harrison (Translation: dat Fo' make you soft)
    Super Turbo Revival
    "Everyone has a plan until they get magnetized." -SpiderDan
    PSN: Metonymous | Battle.net: Noun#1214 | Steam: Noun Proper | YT
    Will it be posted here?
  • ShariShari Overestimated. Joined: Posts: 2,626
    Balcork Top EU.
    Haunts: Is it lag or just impeccable footsies and spacing, I don't know.
    MiloDC: I beat YuuVega -- yes, that YuuVega -- the first time I played Claw seriously in my entire life.
  • blufangblufang Devour! Joined: Posts: 4,487
    Hey I got to catch a little of X mania, which was awesome, but completely missed TOL II. That was by far the thing I wanted to see the most in the entire tournament. Is their a vid of this somewhere?

• eltroubleeltrouble Joined: Posts: 5,722
    I didn't want to believe it but it appears the Japanese are still way ahead of the US in ST. Can't help but give props to MAO though. What a monster. He has to now be considered the #1 undisputed worldwide champion of ST.

Any news of archival footage of the ST tourneys? Or Salty Suite action?

I think Damdai and Afro are definitely Japanese-level, but MAO and the others are so far ahead of the game. Just from a brief weekend of hanging out with them and talking to them, they know so much more about the game than we do, and hopefully the future interviews will showcase some of that.

We definitely need more stronger players from the US scene to help push each other to get to that level. It's possible, but difficult. We don't have the advantage of gathering the country's finest to play at the same arcade every single week like they do in Japan, so we'll have to rely heavily on communication, teamwork, and practice to close that gap.
  • fatboyfatboy I beat anorexia: 10-0 Joined: Posts: 1,853
    edited July 2014
    Hey! - Good times to all. It was fun to see everyone. Every time I attended an event, I am reminded how awesome all you guys (and gals) are. I hope you all had safe travels home. See ya' when I see ya.
    Am I hungry? Sure, I could eat...
  • BattosaiBattosai Joined: Posts: 766 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    did anyone record Kurahashi vs Afrolegends if so please post thanks
  • undamnedundamned Wake up! Time to die! Joined: Posts: 1,687
    For those of you who watched the live stream of X-Mania USA, what was the viewer count, on average?
    -ud
    Thanks for the interviews/links papasi!
    Wow, I guess good players have trouble using SRKs on reaction, too (Cammy VS Zangief). Feel better about that, haha.
  • eltroubleeltrouble Joined: Posts: 5,722
    Random wrote: »
    Wow, I guess good players have trouble using SRKs on reaction, too (Cammy VS Zangief). Feel better about that, haha.

Nerves and tension tend to slow up hands, even for the best of players. Very difficult to control at times.

• oldschool_BRoldschool_BR Projectile spammer Joined: Posts: 2,442
    undamned wrote: »
    For those of you who watched the live stream of X-Mania USA, what was the viewer count, on average?
    -ud
    I watched most of it, and it was at least 600 most of the time. Even during world cup 3rd place game. The Japanese used another link, so we can't know the overall amount which watched the event.
  • mrdhalsimmrdhalsim Joined: Posts: 378
    Such a great show with the tournaments Kuroppi! Such a long list of dedicated contributors working together to make it all happen. I watched it all live and was impressed to see the stream hold up with the limited bandwidth Sergjiev had to work with. Good job to all the Arkadeum stream commentators, and it was great to see so many people. I think it is good to get many people because it makes it feel more like you're there. Huge shoutout to MrTuttle!
  • papasipapasi N Ken is the truth Joined: Posts: 1,568
    eltrouble "I doubt that ST will be on the main stream ever again."
    OhNuki: Real men play ST!!
    James Chen: there is something special about playing ST on a cab. It just feels so goooooood.
    Super Turbo Hitbox & safe jump guide http://www.strevival.com/hitbox/
  • BoggleMindsBoggleMinds Joined: Posts: 335
    Thanks to you Kuroppi for all your hard work, for being such an instrumental figure in reviving ST at EVO, and for bringing us such awesome tournaments! お疲れ様でした!

Looking forward to more hype next year!
    "My first visit to an arcade changed my life. It was such a sensational experience. The fact I got to play with total strangers and connect with them through the game enthralled me." --Daigo Umehara

www.youtube.com/Guoguodi
    GGPO Handle: Gizzle
  • blitzfublitzfu Cosmic Power Joined: Posts: 3,072
    EVO 2014 Xmania Finals Full 3 v 3 Super Turbo SF2
    Team Japan 2 vs Team Special Forces starts at 48:25.

Many thanks to Kuroppi and everyone that brought us ST at EVO this year.
    So many Japanese players! I still can't believe they came out.
    MAO with the swag! LOL
    I was hoping to see Kusumondo and Kurahashi (blue Ryu), too bad they didn't make it.
    Anyone know if any of the Japanese players will come out next year? Assuming ST at EVO comes back.
  • blitzfublitzfu Cosmic Power Joined: Posts: 3,072
    papasi wrote: »
    Kurahashi : jab (black) is my original ryu’s color but in japan people start copying me so I have to keep changing (now it’s fierce). This tournament is special for me so I go back to my original color in tol2

Wait, so this Kurahashi (Jab Ryu) is the same as the other Kurahashi (Fierce Ryu) is the same as the famous Guile player Kurahashi?
    I thought it was 3 different players with the same name. LOL
    Hanasi teaching tech monkey how to beat chicken wing with upkick - kara cancel a low forward into upkick, the low forward will make chicken wing whiff. he demonstrated it with a success rate of 1/4. it's not easy but when you get trapped frame tight and not much life left this could be your way out.

Nice.

at 6am when we're about to shutdown the salty suite, hanasi and noguchi demonstrated how to do the neg edge DP/block OS. He said if you can pull it off, you have 1/3 change of getting a reversal, 1/3 blocking the dive and 1/3 getting hit. During the demo he can pull it off 30-50% of the time.

How do you do this?

• XgamerzXgamerz Joined: Posts: 10
    edited July 2014
    Post edited by Xgamerz on
  • BattosaiBattosai Joined: Posts: 766 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Papasi can you please post footage of Afro vs Kurahashi and mars vs valle thanks
  • rcaidorcaido Dynamic Bayside Duo Joined: Posts: 8,440
    whose arcade white stick w/ pedestal? Anybody got more details on those?