Ultra Street Fighter 4 PC Custom Skin Thread

Comments

• TheFreshPrinceTheFreshPrince Sold so many chickens think I work for Kroger Joined: Posts: 3,725
    hecz wrote: »
    time of the day changes I havent tried but I messed a lot with lua files and I have been able to add stuff frome other stages with animations. Its a real pain in the ass to work because it needs hex editing every single object u wont use.

If you miss one the stage crashes.

Hmmmm, sure does sound like a lot of work for something not guaranteed. Regardless, have you thought of experimenting with something like the idea I proposed maybe sometime in the future? I would love to try, but I suck at anything to do with cosmetic modding I'm much better at gameplay editing.
    You just can't handle the fresh prince.

R.I.P. Uncle Phil.
  • heczhecz AboveDaInfluence24/7 Joined: Posts: 1,270
    edited August 2014
    maybe when I start stage modding again and join brains with monkeygigabuster we will find something out :D

Edit:

2h6ewsl.jpg

fuck sfxt, usf4...bring it on!
    Post edited by hecz on
    Twitch:
    My mods: http://metrocitymodders.deviantart.com/gallery/
    Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3900632
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/xHECZx_SFV_MODS
    Metroxylon says: " I'm waiting for the day you turn 18 and realize drugs are good "
  • addyoxfaddyoxf Joined: Posts: 1
    Can someone make a boss mod for usf4 (like playing as shin akuma, shin oni etc) for offline? i tried doing moveswaps (replacing bac and bcm files) but the game freezes on vs screen. Also i'm not entirely sure which bac and bcm files belong to the boss versions so yea any help would be much appreciated
  • MrPyroMrPyro Joined: Posts: 166
    I didn't know where else to bring this up, since I don't actively visit these forums. As such, I apologize in advance if this violates any rules or is otherwise an inappropriate topic.

I just tried to open the moveset files with OnoEdit, and every character opens the way they should with three exceptions: Elena, Hugo, and Poison. Whenever their files are attempted to be opened, the program closes with an exception in which the index (whatever the argument is written by is something I don't know) is out of bounds. Is there an updated tool that accounts for more characters or do we need to wait it out? Curiously, Rolento and Decapre's files open just fine.
  • DarkSamusDarkSamus Yet another Ken scrub. Steam = darksamus12 Joined: Posts: 848
    edited August 2014
    Ultra Street Fighter IV - Playstation Button mod

NjcFUwA.jpg

9yLozaA.jpg

NOTE
    YOU WILL NEED AN X-INPUT EMULATOR TO USE THIS WITH YOUR DS1/2/3/4.
    Google is your friend fo this.

Just merge the contained "patch_ae2" folder with the one in your "Super Street Fighter IV - Arcade Edition" folder
    and say yes to replacing the 1 file it will replace.

Verify your cache in Steam to go back to x360 buttons.

Download it from here
    *Removed image due to excessively large size*
    ^^LMFAO I guess I can't post pictures of my penis^^
    Perfect For Any Playstation Controller
  • docbrown1985docbrown1985 Dr. Emmet L Brown Joined: Posts: 12
    Amazing!
    693zbq.jpg
  • LanceKusanagiLanceKusanagi Joined: Posts: 22
    Anyone ever think of making anime Voice mods for the characters who also voice in animes? (Adult Gohan mod for Ryu. Rukia for Viper, Mustang for Guile, etc etc)
  • hunterkhunterk Joined: Posts: 2,237
    @MrPyro‌
    They started crypto-signing the moveset files, but I think anotak and dantarion are on top of it, so just sit tight until they release something. They presumably have the Poison/Hugo/Elena thing covered, as well. FAKEDIT: try this one from razor5070: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/95809562/OnoEdit.zip
  • pinkmonsterpinkmonster Gigas Breaker Joined: Posts: 92
    Can someone make a 3S color pack for Hugo? His colors are boring as shit.
    Formerly One Hit Combo
    CvS2- K-Terry, Geese, Ryo2
    3S- Hugo
    SF4- Hugo, Dan
    SFV- Alex
  • mugenlove100mugenlove100 Joined: Posts: 529
    Does anybody have Juri bac and bcm files for the ultra set moves its located in ae2 folder?
    i come in peace
  • EssenthyEssenthy Joined: Posts: 923
    will do it for ya
    Steam: steamcommunity.com/id/kuruoshiki
    SFV Main:Ryu, Ibuki

My Music : https://soundcloud.com/eloh-im
  • DrGulagDrGulag Joined: Posts: 271
    How do I mod the main theme and character select theme now in USF4? I have the files but I don't know where to put them.
    edited August 2014

DrGulag wrote: »
    How do I mod the main theme and character select theme now in USF4? I have the files but I don't know where to put them.

they are in SteamApps\common\Super Street Fighter IV - Arcade Edition\dlc\04_ae2\ui\sound\bgm

• FearlessFearless Joined: Posts: 407
    How do you guys take screenshots from the pc version? I have the retail version and I can't find the key for it.
    -And then you asked: What the Hell are you!?

Well, I shall say... I'm God's left hand... Devil's right arm...
  • MrPyroMrPyro Joined: Posts: 166
    edited August 2014
    @hunterk Thank you very much. I like to look deeply in the moveset properties, so whether they are crypto-signed or not isn't a concern for me at the moment.

EDIT: It seems to have the same issue. Regardless, as long as they're on it, I have nothing to worry about.
  • MrWizardMrWizard Supreme Commander Joined: Posts: 22,135 admin
    Essenthy wrote: »

Thanks. I tried to put it for character select too, but when i play online multiplayer, nothing plays until stage select. You have any idea how to fix that?
    Shoryuken.com
  • LanceKusanagiLanceKusanagi Joined: Posts: 22
    I think I wanna try my hand at Character Modding. Or at most just costume color editing lol. Is it as hard as I think it is?
  • TheFreshPrinceTheFreshPrince Sold so many chickens think I work for Kroger Joined: Posts: 3,725
    I think I wanna try my hand at Character Modding. Or at most just costume color editing lol. Is it as hard as I think it is?

Character editing is hard until you learn exactly how most things work In game. Like any sort of coding/scripting, it requires a lot of knowledge on how the engine works and how things are handled in game. It took me about a year of using Ono before I was actually any good at it, and about 2-2/12 years to get to the point where I know pretty much exactly how to make things work the way I want them to.

The good thing is once you're proficient at it, it becomes like second nature and is really just time consuming at that point. If you want to learn faster I suggest heading to the Gameplay modding thread here

Making custom colors shouldn't be too hard; however, making full blown custom costumes is very hard and time consuming and requires a lot of knowledge on 3D modeling and rigging.

R.I.P. Uncle Phil.
    edited August 2014
    @LanceKusanagi‌
    No way, it's easy as long as you take your time and don't start with any expectations. You can do all of the color editing you like with just the skinning tutorial and (if you want to get really fancy) the high-res texture tutorial. Once you feel comfortable with that, you can branch out into alpha (aka col-based) transparency and materials (i.e., shaders) in the EMM file. Model swapping and all that jazz come after that.

EDIT: as Will Smith mentioned, the gameplay/moveset editing is indeed complex and has a steep learning curve. The cosmetic stuff isn't bad, however, as long as you're patient.
    edited August 2014
    MrWizard wrote: »

Thanks. I tried to put it for character select too, but when i play online multiplayer, nothing plays until stage select. You have any idea how to fix that?

because they dont have the same song structure, you cant just replace it, it require song swap too, i have 3s character select screen ready if you want

hunterk wrote: »
    @LanceKusanagi‌
    No way, it's easy as long as you take your time and don't start with any expectations. You can do all of the color editing you like with just the skinning tutorial and (if you want to get really fancy) the high-res texture tutorial. Once you feel comfortable with that, you can branch out into alpha (aka col-based) transparency and materials (i.e., shaders) in the EMM file. Model swapping and all that jazz come after that.

EDIT: as Will Smith mentioned, the gameplay/moveset editing is indeed complex and has a steep learning curve. The cosmetic stuff isn't bad, however, as long as you're patient.

Hey hunterk do you have the back up files bac and bcm for ultra?
    i come in peace
    hunterk wrote: »
    @LanceKusanagi‌

Hey hunterk do you have the back up files bac and bcm for ultra?

I have them all, which ones do you need?

R.I.P. Uncle Phil.
    juri
    i come in peace
    Here: Juri's files from ae2 folder (if those are the ones you want?)

R.I.P. Uncle Phil.
  • AlffAlff Joined: Posts: 449
    @Will Smith
    Will Smith wrote: »
    Has anyone experimented with editing the stages .lua files yet? I would be interested to see what could be done in regards to background switching with proper editing (for example make both of the jungle stages into a single stage, but have the time of day switch between rounds).

If what I'm thinking, Monkey working with a Stage mod Jurasic Era Research Facility and the phase of the eclipse in Africa. In other words, this idea has appeared before your posting.

because they dont have the same song structure, you cant just replace it, it require song swap too, i have 3s character select screen ready if you want

If anyone can fix it for me, ill grant a name change or any other perk on this site!
    Shoryuken.com
    edited August 2014
    Alff wrote: »
    @Will Smith
    Will Smith wrote: »
    Has anyone experimented with editing the stages .lua files yet? I would be interested to see what could be done in regards to background switching with proper editing (for example make both of the jungle stages into a single stage, but have the time of day switch between rounds).

If what I'm thinking, Monkey working with a Stage mod Jurasic Era Research Facility and the phase of the eclipse in Africa. In other words, this idea has appeared before your posting.

Yes kinda like what happens with the eclipse effect in Africa, except it changes between rounds and stays that way for the rest of the round. I was just wondering if any stage modder has ventured there yet and/or knows how to achieve this effect, similar to how the stage "Pitsop 109" works between rounds.

If anyone can fix it for me, ill grant a name change or any other perk on this site!

Whipped this up for you real quick @MrWizard

R.I.P. Uncle Phil.

[/quote]

Perfect! Let me know if you want a name change or some other perk!
    Shoryuken.com
  • siegfried1siegfried1 Joined: Posts: 475
    edited August 2014
    helo guys
    hey have a problems to make more decapre colors

Perfect! Let me know if you want a name change or some other perk!
    [/quote]

Hehehehehe, thanks for the opportunity. What are some of these perks you speak of? :p

R.I.P. Uncle Phil.
  • monkeygigabuster92monkeygigabuster92 Haunted by Wesker Joined: Posts: 991
    @Will Smith
    You should look at the Pit Stop 109 instead since Solar Eclipse Is very complicated,besides of Lua file It uses many effect textures to create eclipse effect while in Pit Stop Case,It only uses light effect to manipulate the day time
    http://streetmodders.deviantart.com/

Provided simple polish mod
    @Will Smith
    You should look at the Pit Stop 109 instead since Solar Eclipse Is very complicated,besides of Lua file It uses many effect textures to create eclipse effect while in Pit Stop Case,It only uses light effect to manipulate the day time

Would you have any tips on how/what I should do to get this effect to work on other stages?

R.I.P. Uncle Phil.
    @Will Smith
    I think the problem with the luas is that they're compiled lua bytecode (i.e., same issue with the shaders), so they're harder to manipulate than just raw lua (like the const.lua in SFxT). I tried running some of the scripts through a decompiler to see if it would yield anything more usable but never got very far with it.
  • cabrones2000cabrones2000 Joined: Posts: 52
    siegfried1 wrote: »
    helo guys
    hey have a problems to make more decapre colors
    when try to inject the dds files back i can't get it to work, the file sizes don't match, i tryied all the possible different alpha channel options and i couldn't get it to work so far, is that what's happening to you too?

• Rachel_alucardRachel_alucard Joined: Posts: 7
    Can somebody explain to me whats wrong with the moveswapping right now? I attempted previously to swap Juri and Poisons movesets the old AE way and they came out like the "WHAT HAVE I DONE?" videos.
    I made another thread a couple days ago but it's gotten zero results and I have tried using multiple .bac and .bcm swaps between the 2.
    The problem now is that there are at least 3 or 4 instances of these 2 files spread throughout the directories and I'm unsure which ones to switch if I want to have a vanilla SSF4 character swapped with an ultra character.