Ultra Street Fighter 4 PC Custom Skin Thread

1364365367369370464

Comments

  • jparker800jparker800 Joined: Posts: 12
    jparker800 wrote: »
    Is there a mod that exists where when you play single player arcade, the cpu opponent's character will always select a random costume?

    Is this the wrong forum to post this in? :S
  • kykis9kykis9 だめだな。。ぜんぜんだめだ Joined: Posts: 8
    @hunterk
    [img][/img]
    Thanks for the suggestion of placing mods in the "patch_ae2" directory. Works far better than simply overwriting original files. I did manage to figure out a solution to my previous dilemma. It turns out that USFIV doesn't like .emz files. You have to dump the raw .emm and .emb from them using piecemonteeSF4explorerV0.37b. This may be an older version- I haven't checked to see if it was updated. But my files/casual sakura works now!
    The strongest man is never strong enough to be always master, unless he transforms his power into right, and obedience into duty. - Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • AltairreAltairre Joined: Posts: 8
    edited August 2014
    Keep those Sakura mods coming.
  • renzenrenzen steam: jigawatt Joined: Posts: 162
    jparker800 wrote: »
    jparker800 wrote: »
    Is there a mod that exists where when you play single player arcade, the cpu opponent's character will always select a random costume?

    Is this the wrong forum to post this in? :S

    If you can do some basic programming all you need to do to get it off the ground is rename and swap files (and make temp backups of course). That project is a good intro to the file structure and programming
  • jparker800jparker800 Joined: Posts: 12
    edited August 2014
    renzen wrote: »
    jparker800 wrote: »
    jparker800 wrote: »
    Is there a mod that exists where when you play single player arcade, the cpu opponent's character will always select a random costume?

    Is this the wrong forum to post this in? :S

    If you can do some basic programming all you need to do to get it off the ground is rename and swap files (and make temp backups of course). That project is a good intro to the file structure and programming

    In web design, I do a lot of php, html and css file editing. I can't actually program in those languages, but I understand them when I see them. I wouldn't even know where to start here.

    Honestly, I would rather pay someone to create this mod than try and get in there myself. Anyone interested, PM me :)
  • renzenrenzen steam: jigawatt Joined: Posts: 162
    edited August 2014
    I could do it, but one big danger of this mod is, I'm not sure how to check if a user has paid for all DLC yet. if we release something that allows dlc to be seen in game when a user hasn't paid for, that's against someone's terms of use, and 10x worse if someone starts accepting money to do it.

    I fully realize that's probably not your intent, but it's something that should be cautioned against releasing a blind random swapper into the wild.

    I'm not sure how dlc works in this game, is it like vanilla where it's downloaded for everyone and then unlocked some other way, or is it only downloaded if paid for? any way to check?

    While not as cool, it's definitely legal to limit it to only default costumes, all colors, and any mods sitting in the patch directories.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,708 mod
    edited August 2014
    DarkSamus wrote: »
    no, you need to use a x360 controller emulator to use it or the buttons won't show.

    http://betterds3.ciebiera.net/

    If anyone wants the actual DS3/SIXAXIS driver (so you don't need to get MotionInJoy and all its adware), you can PM me for it as well.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

    If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • jparker800jparker800 Joined: Posts: 12
    edited August 2014
    renzen wrote: »
    I could do it, but one big danger of this mod is, I'm not sure how to check if a user has paid for all DLC yet. if we release something that allows dlc to be seen in game when a user hasn't paid for, that's against someone's terms of use, and 10x worse if someone starts accepting money to do it.

    I fully realize that's probably not your intent, but it's something that should be cautioned against releasing a blind random swapper into the wild.

    I'm not sure how dlc works in this game, is it like vanilla where it's downloaded for everyone and then unlocked some other way, or is it only downloaded if paid for? any way to check?

    While not as cool, it's definitely legal to limit it to only default costumes, all colors, and any mods sitting in the patch directories.

    Yeah, I hear you. Obviously not trying get into any legal troubles.

    I guess in my head the mod would simply cycle through default costumes, purchased/unlocked costumes and modded costumes, and a random color. Perhaps like you said, it only searches through default and patch directories and leaves the dlc directories alone. And anyone who wants to include their dlc costumes into the random costume selection process can copy them to said patch directory?

    I know I said "simply", ha, but I imagine this will require some sort of script.

    Maybe an alternate solution would be just to create a totally separate folder for the script to read from, with the same character file structure, but all the files are empty. And if anyone want to add costumes to it for the cpu opponent to select from during arcade mode, they can add the costumes into that folder manually. If all the folders are empty, then the cpu selects the default costume with a random color. Seems like the easiest solution.

    Btw, I'm not sure what the file structure is for the Upgraded Version of Ultra in regards to dlc, I purchased the Full Retail version of Ultra with all of the costumes unlocked.
  • siegfried1siegfried1 Joined: Posts: 475
    d3v wrote: »
    DarkSamus wrote: »
    no, you need to use a x360 controller emulator to use it or the buttons won't show.

    http://betterds3.ciebiera.net/

    If anyone wants the actual DS3/SIXAXIS driver (so you don't need to get MotionInJoy and all its adware), you can PM me for it as well.

    yes I use that program in my ps3 control
    fools the game into thinking it's console
  • CinnaCinna Joined: Posts: 126
    alekqz wrote: »
    My first contribution to USFIV

    sakura___rectified_model_by_alekqz-d7unlnv.jpg

    Download

    han_juri___rectified_model_by_alekqz-d7unnsw.jpg

    Download

    Not to be rude or anything, but I have no idea what the deal is with this mod
  • heczhecz AboveDaInfluence24/7 Joined: Posts: 1,270
    Feet
    Twitch:
    My mods: http://metrocitymodders.deviantart.com/gallery/
    Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3900632
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/xHECZx_SFV_MODS
    Metroxylon says: " I'm waiting for the day you turn 18 and realize drugs are good "
  • BrutalAceBrutalAce Brutal Modder Joined: Posts: 734
    and hands as well.

  • ShaZeShaZe Joined: Posts: 33
    I believe it is the feets and hands for Juri, no idea for sakura though, probably the same thing.

    I don't know why modifying these models is so painful. I have finally succeed in extracting a fully rigged mesh, but when it is the time to re-import it, all hell break loose. Even if the vertexes have simply been moved, I cannot re-inject it and the only way I can get a working SMD is to adjust it and export it in blender since I cannot export a rigged character from Max and import it back in blender and cannot have a working SMD exporter for max. Ugh, I might be able to append the working SMD converted into EMG in an EMO if I retry.... last time I was getting some errors.
  • ChenNekomataChenNekomata Joined: Posts: 54
    Steam version just got updated with new costumes.
  • BuhlaineBuhlaine Joined: Posts: 3
    Steam version just got updated with new costumes.
    Which costumes were added?
  • ChenNekomataChenNekomata Joined: Posts: 54
    Buhlaine wrote: »
    Steam version just got updated with new costumes.
    Which costumes were added?

    Summer ones.
  • Boita-cartonBoita-carton Joined: Posts: 296
    @alekqz
    Nice mod ! Now l would love to see the Juri costumes from SFxT with small feets in AE :p
    PSN: Boitacarton/SpiderQueenLolth
    GFWL: SpiderQueenLoth
    Steam: sadhusatana
    Juri PC steam group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/teamjuriPC/
  • Trife88Trife88 GHOSTFACE WAIFUS Joined: Posts: 7,591
    edited August 2014
    Lets save this joke for tomm......spider senses are tingling

    : ^ )

    Edit: Actually...lets try to save any talk about the latest update for tomm.....u should know why....just let it ride out............
    Post edited by Trife88 on
    Street Fighter V is the best game of our generation.
  • AltairreAltairre Joined: Posts: 8
    So how hard is it to port costumes from SFXT? I'd love to see that Bayonetta costume for Poison in USF4.
  • BrutalAceBrutalAce Brutal Modder Joined: Posts: 734
    Quiet easy as far as swapping the model is concerned but coloring textures is the most difficult part, specially skin.
  • ShaZeShaZe Joined: Posts: 33
    Personally I tried swapping an EMG with another from SFxT and while the operation looked like it was successful, it caused the game to crash. Perhaps the model have a new rig? :S
  • ChenNekomataChenNekomata Joined: Posts: 54
    Btw, since Summer costumes technically out, i have one huge request.
    Do something with Poison's new hairstyle. Please. That part on her head looks like a helmet and a very bad one.
    poison.jpg
  • Trife88Trife88 GHOSTFACE WAIFUS Joined: Posts: 7,591
    NOONE (New that is.) Release any HACKED ALTS for download.

    Street Fighter V is the best game of our generation.
  • ChenNekomataChenNekomata Joined: Posts: 54
    Trife88 wrote: »
    NOONE (New that is.) Release any HACKED ALTS for download.

    I can't understand that sentence.
  • heczhecz AboveDaInfluence24/7 Joined: Posts: 1,270
    edited August 2014
    no dlc here he means

    @Altairre‌

    I will port bayonetta later
    Twitch:
    My mods: http://metrocitymodders.deviantart.com/gallery/
    Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3900632
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/xHECZx_SFV_MODS
    Metroxylon says: " I'm waiting for the day you turn 18 and realize drugs are good "
  • ChenNekomataChenNekomata Joined: Posts: 54
    edited August 2014
    hecz wrote: »
    no dlc here he means

    Why not? And besides, did i post any dlc here or give a download link or something (dl link for what, btw? all those files are in the game folder)? I used the picture from Capcom site.
  • heczhecz AboveDaInfluence24/7 Joined: Posts: 1,270
    wth just read the rules man.
    Twitch:
    My mods: http://metrocitymodders.deviantart.com/gallery/
    Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3900632
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/xHECZx_SFV_MODS
    Metroxylon says: " I'm waiting for the day you turn 18 and realize drugs are good "
  • Trife88Trife88 GHOSTFACE WAIFUS Joined: Posts: 7,591
    My statement was in General.

    NO DLC UNLOCKS. DO NOT UPLOAD ANY CONTENT THAT REQUIRES PAYMENT.
    Street Fighter V is the best game of our generation.
  • ShaZeShaZe Joined: Posts: 33
    edited August 2014
    He meant not making the new costumes available as a replacement for the other alternate costume as far as I am concerned. As in, making Alternate costume 4 a replacement of Alternate Costume 3 so you don't have to buy the new DLC. I believe everybody is fine with modified version of a DLC as long as it keep it's current costume id.

    But I might be wrong.... he might have meant any modified version of the new costumes in which case I would say is slightly ignorant considering all the character mods are based on the original models or rigs at some point and if a modified version of the new costume was released and attempted to be used as replacement for the other costumes, it would be one step longer than using what the players already have in their hands.

    Let's go for option 1 shall we.
  • Trife88Trife88 GHOSTFACE WAIFUS Joined: Posts: 7,591
    To everyone who wanted me to help them with colors....its gonna take longer than I thought because I want to finish up the color packs Ive been trying to do..and now that this DLC is almost out.........man.......dont hate me lol

    Wonton Soup Poison Coming Soon (If you remember my Wonton Soup Juri)
    Street Fighter V is the best game of our generation.
  • kasewkasew Joined: Posts: 33
    So... can anyone help me by telling how to fix broken parts of a costume, i tried using sloth emmedit tool to edit and rename parts but still broken any idea what im doing wrong, do i have to give the parts completely new name and delete the old parts after duplicating them?
  • AltairreAltairre Joined: Posts: 8
    hecz wrote: »
    no dlc here he means

    @Altairre‌

    I will port bayonetta later

    That is great news, thanks a lot.

    I'm also going to ask one more time if somebody could be so kind and upload the Chie mod by dsFOREST again in case it got overlooked. dsforest.deviantart.com/art/SSF4AE-Sakura-Persona4-Chie-Costume-MOD-303850874

    I'll try to go through the tutorials myself and am hoping to contribute to this thread at some point.
  • Unsinger67Unsinger67 Joined: Posts: 4
    New to installing mods. Read the wiki and a good portion of this thread.

    I've downloaded one skin for Balrog, and copied the BSN folder to the patch_ae2/battle folder in my Steam directory. I run the game through Steam. There's no costume change for Balrog.

    Is there a step I'm missing? Thanks for any help.
    2012: Guile
    SFxT: Kazuya / Heichachi
  • monkeygigabuster92monkeygigabuster92 Haunted by Wesker Joined: Posts: 991
    Trife88 wrote: »
    To everyone who wanted me to help them with colors....its gonna take longer than I thought because I want to finish up the color packs Ive been trying to do..and now that this DLC is almost out.........man.......dont hate me lol

    Wonton Soup Poison Coming Soon (If you remember my Wonton Soup Juri)
    @Trife88‌ If that is the case then I will do the Cammy color pack by myself

    http://streetmodders.deviantart.com/

    Provided simple polish mod
  • alekqzalekqz Joined: Posts: 111
    @alekqz
    Nice mod ! Now l would love to see the Juri costumes from SFxT with small feets in AE :p

    @Boita-carton
    you're welcome

  • renzenrenzen steam: jigawatt Joined: Posts: 162
    edited August 2014
    Unsinger67 wrote: »
    New to installing mods. Read the wiki and a good portion of this thread.

    I've downloaded one skin for Balrog, and copied the BSN folder to the patch_ae2/battle folder in my Steam directory. I run the game through Steam. There's no costume change for Balrog.

    Is there a step I'm missing? Thanks for any help.

    1)missed a folder level, it should go under battle/chara

    2)Balrog folder should be under /patch/battle/chara. /patch_ae2/battle/chara is only for the 5 new Ultra characters.

    so to get that mod to show up for Balrog, the actual files should be in /patch/battle/chara/BSN
  • Unsinger67Unsinger67 Joined: Posts: 4
    renzen wrote: »
    Unsinger67 wrote: »
    New to installing mods. Read the wiki and a good portion of this thread.

    I've downloaded one skin for Balrog, and copied the BSN folder to the patch_ae2/battle folder in my Steam directory. I run the game through Steam. There's no costume change for Balrog.

    Is there a step I'm missing? Thanks for any help.

    1)missed a folder level, it should go under battle/chara

    2)Balrog folder should be under /patch/battle/chara. /patch_ae2/battle/chara is only for the 5 new Ultra characters.

    so to get that mod to show up for Balrog, the actual files should be in /patch/battle/chara/BSN

    Thanks. Worked first try.
    2012: Guile
    SFxT: Kazuya / Heichachi
  • Trife88Trife88 GHOSTFACE WAIFUS Joined: Posts: 7,591
    Trife88 wrote: »
    To everyone who wanted me to help them with colors....its gonna take longer than I thought because I want to finish up the color packs Ive been trying to do..and now that this DLC is almost out.........man.......dont hate me lol

    Wonton Soup Poison Coming Soon (If you remember my Wonton Soup Juri)
    @Trife88‌ If that is the case then I will do the Cammy color pack by myself

    Ok no problem! I've been working on a lot of things respectively but new ideas came about with this DLC release and old ideas have been scratched. But ok, no problem.

    OnZIKXS.png

    Edit if anyone wants to help me create SF4 Concept Mods please let me know. These is the mod I want to re-create. I just can't rig and do anything like such, but I can color my ass off though :D

    TAuNeWP.jpg

    I would like to re-create the far right for Makoto or Sakura even.....also The Juri ones..which ever one is easier to do...I just think with all the resources SF4 has now model wise...these concepts could be made by recycling parts

    Street Fighter V is the best game of our generation.
  • hunterkhunterk Joined: Posts: 2,237
    @kasew‌
    There shouldn't be anything else to it. Just duplicate a section and rename it to match the imported model(s) from the obj.emo.

    @ShaZe‌ and ChenNekomata
    He just means: tread lightly. The SFxT modding thread got locked because people refused to steer clear of DLC talk. We don't want to see that happen again. For now, just don't make anything that's recognizable as DLC-based. Rigging to skeletons and swapping models is fine, just don't repackage/recolor/renumber them and call it a day. It'll be less of an issue in a few weeks, just right now it's not a good idea to draw unwanted attention.
Sign In or Register to comment.