Clocks, how do they w0rk? Strider Hiryu Discussion thread.

1242526272830»

Comments

• MarveloMarvelo Oh, it's on now. Joined: Posts: 1,606
    edited February 2014
    charlie88 wrote: »
    I thought I probably had the best strider in the nation but after seeing this video I still have a lot to learn. Consider me humbled.

Hahahah, I appreciate it. I like to think I'm the best with all my characters, but I'm biased as fuck!
    Those quick double jumps are so hard to do on stick. Cant get it down.

You gotta use those methods I mentioned. Either use the palm method similar to what Sonic posted a while back or overhead buffering. Or get a hitbox.

The only different that I know when compared to the way Sonic did it is that I flick the tip of my fingers then follow it with my palm. Kinda hard to explain, but I hope you figure it out.
    Zero/Doom/Strider | Storm/Strange/Dante | Nova/Doom/Strider | Wesker/Storm/Akuma
    Xbox Live: Marvelo SRK
    Twitter: @MarveloMcfly
    "He's a nice guy, but a slimy player."
  • MGSMGS RTJRecon Joined: Posts: 1,058
    Marvelo wrote: »
    MGS wrote: »
    Strider's best friend is doom...anchor strider is the best but I like level 2 with doom beam...usually you can get the one character kill and then get a TAC combo to finish the deal.

Doom beam is pretty good for everyone, but I feel that Strider benefits more from Disruptor/Tatsu/Greyhound if he's on point. Plasma Beam is just too slow, though it's good as an overall assist. I wouldn't say Doom is his bffl though.

...Using those other characters makes strider really good ..I guess I wasn't really describing point strider. My team is Zero/Doom/Strider. I think the character in front of strider must be able to do some serious damage as well as protect the ninja. butter beam is a little slow compared to disruptor and greyhound but i'll take doom in a comeback situation over both mags and hawk. Maybe bff isn't the right term..best protector for anchor strider maybe?
    Foxhound's own
    <<Grey Fox>>
    "You've been failing for years and call yourselves vets thats bold, motherfucker you're not a vet you're just old"
  • lamunesslamuness Joined: Posts: 720
    I've tried the palm method. However, obviously you can't palm on 2p side. What do you do for that?
    lamuness wrote: »
    I've tried the palm method. However, obviously you can't palm on 2p side. What do you do for that?

The way I palm works on anyside. Just flick your fingers up followed by your palm.
    Zero/Doom/Strider | Storm/Strange/Dante | Nova/Doom/Strider | Wesker/Storm/Akuma
  • charlie88charlie88 Ya'll niggas gay. The Keving Gates kinda gay. Joined: Posts: 5,200
    Marv make a video of you palming it so everyone can see it and understand. Maybe seeing it would help better than typing it out.
    FC:1864 9258 8415
    PSN: Death_Loner_Kage
    Umvc3: Learning Viper...plays tron strange dante strider

I am willing to play trade and embrace the suck
    charlie88 wrote: »
    Marv make a video of you palming it so everyone can see it and understand. Maybe seeing it would help better than typing it out.

Okay, I'll try to do it. Hard to record because of holding a camera, but I'll get someone to record it for me.
  • UncleGaryUncleGary Joined: Posts: 185
    Anyone know if Strider has a way to like... Fastfall with a kara input or something? I'm trying to get a hard tag setup to work with j. M double jump j. H late j. S for the hard knockdown, tag into team super, and I'm like a couple frames away from getting it to connect.
    UncleGary wrote: »
    Anyone know if Strider has a way to like... Fastfall with a kara input or something? I'm trying to get a hard tag setup to work with j. M double jump j. H late j. S for the hard knockdown, tag into team super, and I'm like a couple frames away from getting it to connect.

Yeah, there's no way without x-factor lvl 2. I've tried everything. I wish it worked because it would fix all of Strider's damage problems by just pairing him with Doom. Even if you're right above the ground and do dj j.H, j.S at the very lowest point. You still don't have enough time to OTG with Doom.

XF2 though you can always do any combo, Excalibur H, j.S, rawtag Doom.
    RT Guys, this Palm method is the key to doing Strider's overhead on stick. I'm going to try to make a video soon, but after practicing it for a few months, I've gotten really good at it. You can overhead people even XF3 with ease.
  • Sonic721Sonic721 Joined: Posts: 88
    edited February 2014
    Hey, haven't played Marvel in some time. I'm starting to get back into it.
    Can someone check out this block string with Strider? (Don't have the game atm)

H, summon orb, M, c.M, Fire orb. (Set cpu to block all, no advancing guard)

I want to know if the two M attacks push Strider enough distance away from the opponent so, that when the orb hits them Strider can dash and perform an attack before the cpu leaves guardstun.

Cause if you do H, fire orb, you are too close to the opponent and they will recover from guardstun before you can dash + attack. You can attack but if you want to dash then attack you won't be able to.

Also, about the double tap motion, it all depends on how you hold your stick. For example if you use a wine glass method, where any number of fingers are underneath the ball and some resting on the ball, it's gonna be a lot harder to execute. You would have to press up with your fingers, let go, then press up with your knuckles. But that method hurts your fingers and would probably mess them up over continuous use. Since you're ramming your knuckles into the metal part of the stick.

Can someone also try out this method for double tapping on the stick?
    Instead of pressing up with the fingers, letting go, press up with the palm. How about press up with fingers, let go, press up with thumb?

I was playing some pc game the other day and was surprised that I was consistently getting the input off correctly. I don't kno if this method is faster, but it puts less stress on your hand and I think you can do it from the 2p side as well.

Thanks.
    edited February 2014
    Sonic721 wrote: »
    Hey, haven't played Marvel in some time. I'm starting to get back into it.
    Can someone check out this block string with Strider? (Don't have the game atm)

H, summon orb, M, c.M, Fire orb. (Set cpu to block all, no advancing guard)

I want to know if the two M attacks push Strider enough distance away from the opponent so, that when the orb hits them Strider can dash and perform an attack before the cpu leaves guardstun.

Cause if you do H, fire orb, you are too close to the opponent and they will recover from guardstun before you can dash + attack. You can attack but if you want to dash then attack you won't be able to.

Also, about the double tap motion, it all depends on how you hold your stick. For example if you use a wine glass method, where any number of fingers are underneath the ball and some resting on the ball, it's gonna be a lot harder to execute. You would have to press up with your fingers, let go, then press up with your knuckles. But that method hurts your fingers and would probably mess them up over continuous use. Since you're ramming your knuckles into the metal part of the stick.

Can someone also try out this method for double tapping on the stick?
    Instead of pressing up with the fingers, letting go, press up with the palm. How about press up with fingers, let go, press up with thumb?

I was playing some pc game the other day and was surprised that I was consistently getting the input off correctly. I don't kno if this method is faster, but it puts less stress on your hand and I think you can do it from the 2p side as well.

Thanks.

Sup sonic!

yeah that blockstring works fine. i tend to use a lot of cr.m during my rushdown since it catches upback like crazy since its fast and has enough range so if you dash after a pushblock you'll still hit them.

i use the tips of my fingers for the dj method. it works well. playing around with it and seeing what works for you is whats best probably.

Sup sonic!

yeah that blockstring works fine. i tend to use a lot of cr.m during my rushdown since it catches upback like crazy since its fast and has enough range so if you dash after a pushblock you'll still hit them.

i use the tips of my fingers for the dj method. it works well. playing around with it and seeing what works for you is whats best probably.

Yo Marvelo. Thanks for trying it out.

I've been reviewing Strider as a character going over each aspect of his game so, I wanted to make sure I was using the right blockstring that sets up his mixups.

Since I'm running Strider/Magneto/Dante, I'm looking for raw tag combos to bring in a character for the otg. Idk if the heavy gram or wall cling tag combo works for mags/dante so i've been looking fo rother ways. You know how Mags airdashes down and hit the opponent's feet with S and tags in doom for the otg, I think Strider can do it too. In the corner after you launch you: double jump up forward quickly, press H, then delay the S attack. When I was working on that bird bomb corner combo, I remembered that you posted a video where you got off two bird bombs in the corner without x factor for your combo. I noticed that Strider is able to get off three bomb loops if you use H, S, instead of M, dj, H, S, and Strider falls down faster. But thats only if you start the combo with a laucher. Anyways, if Strider falls fast enough with H,S, then you might me able to tag in an otg character (Doom/Dante/etc) to continue the combo.

Also, nice tutorial videos, they're very informative. #thumbsup
    Sup sonic!

Yo Marvelo. Thanks for trying it out.

I've been reviewing Strider as a character going over each aspect of his game so, I wanted to make sure I was using the right blockstring that sets up his mixups.

Since I'm running Strider/Magneto/Dante, I'm looking for raw tag combos to bring in a character for the otg. Idk if the heavy gram or wall cling tag combo works for mags/dante so i've been looking fo rother ways. You know how Mags airdashes down and hit the opponent's feet with S and tags in doom for the otg, I think Strider can do it too. In the corner after you launch you: double jump up forward quickly, press H, then delay the S attack. When I was working on that bird bomb corner combo, I remembered that you posted a video where you got off two bird bombs in the corner without x factor for your combo. I noticed that Strider is able to get off three bomb loops if you use H, S, instead of M, dj, H, S, and Strider falls down faster. But thats only if you start the combo with a laucher. Anyways, if Strider falls fast enough with H,S, then you might me able to tag in an otg character (Doom/Dante/etc) to continue the combo.

Also, nice tutorial videos, they're very informative. #thumbsup

I've been trying to get a way for Strider to do the same thing that Magneto does, but I don't think it's possible. I've tried MANY MANY different ways even getting them right off the ground, but they always recover too fast. Only XF2 you can do it from what I noticed.

Also, new Strider video.
    edited February 2014

I've been trying to get a way for Strider to do the same thing that Magneto does, but I don't think it's possible. I've tried MANY MANY different ways even getting them right off the ground, but they always recover too fast. Only XF2 you can do it from what I noticed.

Also, new Strider video.

Dang I need to get the game soon, (stupid east coast snow lol)

Remember the strider bird combos I posted some time ago, I had two variations where after the TK gram I lauched them. One was the M,M, dj M, H, S and the other one was H,S. If you use the H, S variation in the corner, after you launch them and input the up forward dj quickly and connect with H, you can super delay the S attack and land much earlier before the opponent. If that doesn't work then I'm lost lol.

Oh I forgot to say but I love that G Gundam music. I was literally just watching the show when I saw your tutorial on the internet. Hype!

*Edit* Lol I should have watched your video before posting :D

So at 1:25 for any normal combo if you do c.H, launch, you can dj forward quickly and clip their feet at a low altitude with his H and still delay the S attack.

Also, new Strider video.

Dang I need to get the game soon, (stupid east coast snow lol)

Remember the strider bird combos I posted some time ago, I had two variations where after the TK gram I lauched them. One was the M,M, dj M, H, S and the other one was H,S. If you use the H, S variation in the corner, after you launch them and input the up forward dj quickly and connect with H, you can super delay the S attack and land much earlier before the opponent. If that doesn't work then I'm lost lol.

Oh I forgot to say but I love that G Gundam music. I was literally just watching the show when I saw your tutorial on the internet. Hype!

*Edit* Lol I should have watched your video before posting :D

So at 1:25 for any normal combo if you do c.H, launch, you can dj forward quickly and clip their feet at a low altitude with his H and still delay the S attack.

Hurry and get the game! Having more Strider's figuring stuff out is needed!
  • RairuRairu im so HD right now Joined: Posts: 1,040
    Marvelo: I had kind of given up on learning the finer points of Strider because of my poor execution, but your video inspired me to give it another shot.

I'm struggling to execute the basic midscreen bnb from the video. If I don't dash before doing the L Gram it often whiffs. If I do dash before doing the L Gram, I often end up too close to the opponent, causing H Vajra to not combo correctly off the satellite shot. Right now this combo is training mode only for not only me, but all the other Striders in my area as well. Any tips on getting it to come out consistently?

If I can press two buttons at the same time it's fucking over, and I'm moving to Straight City.
    Rairu wrote: »
    Marvelo: I had kind of given up on learning the finer points of Strider because of my poor execution, but your video inspired me to give it another shot.

I'm struggling to execute the basic midscreen bnb from the video. If I don't dash before doing the L Gram it often whiffs. If I do dash before doing the L Gram, I often end up too close to the opponent, causing H Vajra to not combo correctly off the satellite shot. Right now this combo is training mode only for not only me, but all the other Striders in my area as well. Any tips on getting it to come out consistently?

Which combo exactly are you talking about? Are you talking about when you do a wallcling LMH and try and connect the L Gram? It's takes practice and is definitely difficult to get consistently. Just keep practicing it to learn the timing!
  • RairuRairu im so HD right now Joined: Posts: 1,040
    The first combo in the video (strider tutorial part 3).
    If I can press two buttons at the same time it's fucking over, and I'm moving to Straight City.
    edited February 2014
    Can someone try out this zoning pattern?

Have a Satellite summoned already

TK Gram H, land, Gram H, fire satellite, summon satellite.

Then repeat it again starting with the tk gram. If there are too many gaps in the sequence, try calling a beam assist like Mags/Doom when either gram hits or when you summon the satellite.

Thanks.
    Rairu wrote: »
    The first combo in the video (strider tutorial part 3).

If the Gram L isn't connecting it's because you hit them with Gram H too early. You want to fall a little bit when you do his dive kick so you're closer to them when they wallbounce. Letting you connect the Gram L on the ground. Hope that helps. Just keep practicing and trying to see what it is that makes it consistent.
    Can someone try out this zoning pattern?

Have a Satellite summoned already

TK Gram H, land, Gram H, fire satellite, summon satellite.

Then repeat it again starting with the tk gram. If there are too many gaps in the sequence, try calling a beam assist like Mags/Doom when either gram hits or when you summon the satellite.

Thanks.

I'll try it soon, but it sounds cool. You always summon a satellite after a TK Gram, so it'll probably be good. You might even be able to do TK Gram H, land, activate satellite, Gram H, Shoot Sat, Shoot tiger, if they managed to block all this on the ground I'm pretty sure the tiger will meaty them allowing you to either teleport or not. Might be a good string too.

Also, shoot tiger, shoot sat is really good since you can always dash behind it and if they get hit by the tiger you'll get a full combo from full screen.
    edited February 2014
    Just like Marvelo and Chrisis has been saying, Strider/Tatsu is pretty busted. Without even mentioning the mixup possibilities, the fact that akuma dominates the horizontal space helps dictate how Strider controls the match. I've been testing out which commonly used assists stops Strider from using his mobility. Whether it's a beam like Plasma, Jam Session, or anything that comes out quick and has durability it does not matter, tatsu just blows through everything, and it has one of the fastest startup & recovery time for an assist. If there ever was a team close to msp, I feel like strider/akuma is pretty close.

I know that Akuma has a raw tag combo with Strider but I haven't developed one yet. Trying to see if there are any other ways besides wall cling H and Gram H, and my timing sucks with both of these methods so I don't know how effective the combo will be.

I tried out every method I could think of to tag in Doom/Dante off a hard knockdown with Strider but no luck. I even did sjc excalibur H into S and that didnt even work lol.

I'm looking for that second character that will go with Strider/Akuma. Been using Magneto and he works out wonderfully (infinites, beam assist, tatsu mixups). But I wonder if there is someone better that helps out Strider's neutral game, synergy, and akuma's assist. Or should I just go with derp and put in vergil second? He has dhc and xfactor, but like ppl have said before, you will need to build meter with strider to get that tod. Plus, I don't like using rapidslash with Strider. It pushes them back into the corner on block, but I can't get of a solid mixup like teleport, air L, DJ, air H. I feel like that is one of Strider's best mixups and even in the corner I can't use it with rapidslash. I wonder if Magneto has a raw tag setup with akuma that uses hypergrav?

I'm having trouble getting of that mixup I said before (teleport, air L, DJ, air H) with tatsu assist. Any tips?

*Edit*

I tried out that zoning method from before. The opponent can jump out after the tk gram H so I'm going to try out different attacks to see if something works.

With the opponent in the corner you can keep them locked down with satellite bombs similar to Dr. Strange's eoa assist. H + tatsu, bird bomb, summon satellite. But I stopped before I could see if this blockstring is legit.
    Just like Marvelo and Chrisis has been saying, Strider/Tatsu is pretty busted. Without even mentioning the mixup possibilities, the fact that akuma dominates the horizontal space helps dictate how Strider controls the match. I've been testing out which commonly used assists stops Strider from using his mobility. Whether it's a beam like Plasma, Jam Session, or anything that comes out quick and has durability it does not matter, tatsu just blows through everything, and it has one of the fastest startup & recovery time for an assist. If there ever was a team close to msp, I feel like strider/akuma is pretty close.

I know that Akuma has a raw tag combo with Strider but I haven't developed one yet. Trying to see if there are any other ways besides wall cling H and Gram H, and my timing sucks with both of these methods so I don't know how effective the combo will be.

I tried out every method I could think of to tag in Doom/Dante off a hard knockdown with Strider but no luck. I even did sjc excalibur H into S and that didnt even work lol.

I'm looking for that second character that will go with Strider/Akuma. Been using Magneto and he works out wonderfully (infinites, beam assist, tatsu mixups). But I wonder if there is someone better that helps out Strider's neutral game, synergy, and akuma's assist. Or should I just go with derp and put in vergil second? He has dhc and xfactor, but like ppl have said before, you will need to build meter with strider to get that tod. Plus, I don't like using rapidslash with Strider. It pushes them back into the corner on block, but I can't get of a solid mixup like teleport, air L, DJ, air H. I feel like that is one of Strider's best mixups and even in the corner I can't use it with rapidslash. I wonder if Magneto has a raw tag setup with akuma that uses hypergrav?

I'm having trouble getting of that mixup I said before (teleport, air L, DJ, air H) with tatsu assist. Any tips?

*Edit*

I tried out that zoning method from before. The opponent can jump out after the tk gram H so I'm going to try out different attacks to see if something works.

With the opponent in the corner you can keep them locked down with satellite bombs similar to Dr. Strange's eoa assist. H + tatsu, bird bomb, summon satellite. But I stopped before I could see if this blockstring is legit.

I really like Tatsu with Strider, but I feel it has a few weaknesses. One being you can't end a combo and do call tatsu, act sat, shoot sat, wall cling. They recover too fast for the good extensions so you need to be able to do cr.H+Tatsu extensions. Another thing is lets say you do play Strider/Mags/Tatsu (which would be amazing on paper), you need an assist that lets you combo into Vajra H in the corner so you can side switch for ShockWave DHC. Jam Session, RapidSlash, Bolts, among others do this! Tatsu I don't think does. :/

But if you play something like Strider/Vergil/Akuma or Strider/Dante/Akuma or Strider/Strange/Akuma. Then Tatsu becomes more viable since those other characters provide assists that are better at extensions.

So in the end you gotta choose between Mags and Akuma. and I prefer Mags.
    Hmm but say for example (theory) that every hit you get with Strider ends in an infinite or dhc that kills. By doing the tatsu, act sat, shoot sat, wall cling or Vajra H in the corner side switch ShockWave DHC, why would that matter? It's not like you would kill them with that combo? So if you can't kill with those combos why would you use them in the first place? For the post mixups options or something else?

Lol I have no idea what im trying to say :D
    Hmm but say for example (theory) that every hit you get with Strider ends in an infinite or dhc that kills. By doing the tatsu, act sat, shoot sat, wall cling or Vajra H in the corner side switch ShockWave DHC, why would that matter? It's not like you would kill them with that combo? So if you can't kill with those combos why would you use them in the first place? For the post mixups options or something else?

Lol I have no idea what im trying to say :D

Hahaha. You usually would kill them with the Shockwave DHC. But, i see what you're saying. I don't really go for infinites since I don't know them with Mags, I usually go for meaty resets. if I get the reset, I go into shockwave for the kill if Legion doesn't. Also, on incoming off a good conversion, you can usually kill with a gram L loop into Vajra, Legion, Shockwave, and if they aren't dead Million Dollars. You can also do Legion into GravSqueeze. I see what you're saying though, but there will be times when you have guys have traded in the neutral and he's at half health and a DHC would kill, but instead you went for TAC and it was broken. Having the option to DHC is important IMO for point Strider.
    edited February 2014
    Hahaha. You usually would kill them with the Shockwave DHC. But, i see what you're saying. I don't really go for infinites since I don't know them with Mags, I usually go for meaty resets. if I get the reset, I go into shockwave for the kill if Legion doesn't. Also, on incoming off a good conversion, you can usually kill with a gram L loop into Vajra, Legion, Shockwave, and if they aren't dead Million Dollars. You can also do Legion into GravSqueeze. I see what you're saying though, but there will be times when you have guys have traded in the neutral and he's at half health and a DHC would kill, but instead you went for TAC and it was broken. Having the option to DHC is important IMO for point Strider.

K, that makes sense.

I was testing out which assists can help Strider fight Morrigan/Doom when she has her setup going on. But still help with Strider's neutal game. So I did the basic one where she calls Doom then: L/M soul fist , Fly, H soul fist, repeat.

This is counting the assists and nothing like dhc, thc or anything like that.

Doom - Too tall so he can get clipped from the aerial soul fist & the one that comes from behind. This happens with all three versions of his assists. With the rocks you can time the assist call to beat both ground projectiles, but he will still get hit by the missiles and the air soul fists.

Dante - Did not test crystal. Weasel shot he can get juggled by the projectiles & doesn't come out fast enough or have the durability to beat the soul fist in front of Strider.

With jam session he gets hit from behind since Strider's tiger doesn't have enough durability to destroy the projectile behind him. His Satellite doesn't have enough durability to destroy the projectile in front of him. The timing is strict but you can destroy the missiles above you, but it has to be called early to destroy the projectile in front of Strider. He doesn't get hit by the air soul fist so you can approach from the air if you want. The thing is even if you do destroy the one in front of Strider, you're not advancing forward after it is destroyed and if you advance from the air (strict timing), Morrigan still has the advantage on the ground and Dante will still get hit from behind. Jam session might destroy a projectile but it doesn't allow Strider to close the distance between Morrigan and him. She'll just be able to continue firing her projectiles while jam session has to cool down before the next call.

Akuma - Tatsu comes out quickly, destroys the projectile in front of strider (easy timing to call assist), recovers quickly, can't get hit by the Air H soul fist, and allows Strider to advance forward across the screen. If I call tatsu, Strider will be in her face in one or two dashes before she can recover in time to use another soul fist.

Iron Man - Unibeam, If you call him right before you block the ground soul fists (strict timing), you can still hit Morrigan and even Doom in time, and advance forward across the screen. He's not as tall as Doom so he doesn't get hit by the aerial soul fists. Repulsar blast gets rid of the air fists, but I can't remember if it gets rids of the ground soul fists. But you can't move forward like you can with unibeam.

There were other assists like Dr. Strange's bolts (too tall, too slow), Rocket Racoon's log assist (not enough hitstun for Strider mixups in the neutal game imo), didn't test Sentinel (lol), Phoenix's active frames don't last long enough to consistently beat the soul fists (strict timing), Vergil gets hit during rapidslash. pretty much all the other assists either have a problem with Morrigan or don't help out Strider's gameplan.

I would like to use Strider/Akuma over Strider/Dante since (imo) the first team fights Morri/doom better but obviously there are reasons to use Dante instead Akuma on your team.

Could you list the pros/cons for using Dante/Akuma on Strider's team? For example: Strider/Magneto/Dante vs Strider/Magneto/Akuma since we both like using Magneto with Strider :D. Stuff like thc, dhc (like the one you stated above), raw tags, incoming mixups, damage, etc.

K, that makes sense.

I was testing out which assists can help Strider fight Morrigan/Doom when she has her setup going on. But still help with Strider's neutal game. So I did the basic one where she calls Doom then: L/M soul fist , Fly, H soul fist, repeat.

This is counting the assists and nothing like dhc, thc or anything like that.

Doom - Too tall so he can get clipped from the aerial soul fist & the one that comes from behind. This happens with all three versions of his assists. With the rocks you can time the assist call to beat both ground projectiles, but he will still get hit by the missiles and the air soul fists.

Dante - Did not test crystal. Weasel shot he can get juggled by the projectiles & doesn't come out fast enough or have the durability to beat the soul fist in front of Strider.

With jam session he gets hit from behind since Strider's tiger doesn't have enough durability to destroy the projectile behind him. His Satellite doesn't have enough durability to destroy the projectile in front of him. The timing is strict but you can destroy the missiles above you, but it has to be called early to destroy the projectile in front of Strider. He doesn't get hit by the air soul fist so you can approach from the air if you want. The thing is even if you do destroy the one in front of Strider, you're not advancing forward after it is destroyed and if you advance from the air (strict timing), Morrigan still has the advantage on the ground and Dante will still get hit from behind. Jam session might destroy a projectile but it doesn't allow Strider to close the distance between Morrigan and him. She'll just be able to continue firing her projectiles while jam session has to cool down before the next call.

Akuma - Tatsu comes out quickly, destroys the projectile in front of strider (easy timing to call assist), recovers quickly, can't get hit by the Air H soul fist, and allows Strider to advance forward across the screen. If I call tatsu, Strider will be in her face in one or two dashes before she can recover in time to use another soul fist.

Iron Man - Unibeam, If you call him right before you block the ground soul fists (strict timing), you can still hit Morrigan and even Doom in time, and advance forward across the screen. He's not as tall as Doom so he doesn't get hit by the aerial soul fists. Repulsar blast gets rid of the air fists, but I can't remember if it gets rids of the ground soul fists. But you can't move forward like you can with unibeam.

There were other assists like Dr. Strange's bolts (too tall, too slow), Rocket Racoon's log assist (not enough hitstun for Strider mixups in the neutal game imo), didn't test Sentinel (lol), Phoenix's active frames don't last long enough to consistently beat the soul fists (strict timing), Vergil gets hit during rapidslash. pretty much all the other assists either have a problem with Morrigan or don't help out Strider's gameplan.

I would like to use Strider/Akuma over Strider/Dante since (imo) the first team fights Morri/doom better but obviously there are reasons to use Dante instead Akuma on your team.

Could you list the pros/cons for using Dante/Akuma on Strider's team? For example: Strider/Magneto/Dante vs Strider/Magneto/Akuma since we both like using Magneto with Strider :D. Stuff like thc, dhc (like the one you stated above), raw tags, incoming mixups, damage, etc.

Strider I feel does OKAY for Morrigan, but it's all on messing up her inputs by constant teleporting. If she manage to get a successful AV out and pin you with fireballs you will die...FAST.

Tatsu is probably the best to fight her in this matchup. Something like Strider/Vergil/Akuma would work well. or Strider/Strange/Akuma.

Dante uses Vajra better so you can always bring him in to fight with Vajra. Also, Jam session is better for controlling a part of the screen and getting bombs out successfully. Tatsu is definitely better for Strider though since it's faster, but Jam Session is better for extensions.
  • Husser_BrianHusser_Brian Joined: Posts: 250
    Hi everybody! I've been learning Strider for about a month now and really digging him! I just figured out cool B&Bs using dash jump tech and thought I would share. Hope you like them! :D

• hypersonichypersonic Joined: Posts: 192
    For any Dante players here..
    Setups and mixups using vajra.The video is pretty long since i was testing Vergil's escape options for every setup,but i've included timestamps for each setup in the video's description for anyone who doesn't want to see the full thing.

• kinetic-1kinetic-1 Joined: Posts: 464
    Hi everybody! I've been learning Strider for about a month now and really digging him! I just figured out cool B&Bs using dash jump tech and thought I would share. Hope you like them! :D

How do you do that? I can't get the part after you release the satellite and jump H S. I can only do it if I do jump M H S instead. otherwise I can't follow up.
  • Husser_BrianHusser_Brian Joined: Posts: 250
    kinetic-1 wrote: »
    How do you do that? I can't get the part after you release the satellite and jump H S. I can only do it if I do jump M H S instead. otherwise I can't follow up.
    Dash + uf, uf, :h::s: You have to get a second jump in right after your pre-jump frames to stay low enough.
  • pimp2303pimp2303 Joined: Posts: 385
    Just watched the Vergil Pope OS are whatever its called. Can Strider do this minus the helm breaker with OS his f + H?
    Greatness only comes along so often.

You really need to get off of ur knees and stop suckin on Dick........
    Why don't u try spitting instead of swallowing.....all that sperm is getting to your head........
  • pat728pat728 The best Doom Joined: Posts: 735
    pimp2303 wrote: »
    Just watched the Vergil Pope OS are whatever its called. Can Strider do this minus the helm breaker with OS his f + H?

Yes. If you have really good execution you could even do: dash/throw, jump, double jump right away, jump f.HS/throw. Basically throw to overhead/airthrow. If that's too much you can always just regular jump f.H into S or excalibur.
    UMVC3: Morrigan/Doom/Arthur, Morrigan/Vergil/Strider
    Midwest
    Youtube Channel
  • xcamero360xcamero360 Joined: Posts: 63
    edited May 2014
    I'm having a bit of trouble playing Strider when he's on the field. What should I be doing, throwing out dogs/birds, teleporting in, air diving in? Also, I'm having trouble implementing his assist into my game plan and he keeps getting hit. My team is Wesker/Iron Fist/Strider if that helps
    edited August 2014
    Yeah the struggle is real. After 11 hits (ground series, launch, air series, orb shot otg, wall cling L,H, then gram) then rawtag Strange in for the 12th hit (or anything after 12 hits), the opponent flips out after the next hit unless it's impact palm. Of course if there is a corner to corner combo which allows Strange to immediately go to impact palm loop, then it the hit stun shouldn't be a problem. Still trying out different combos that carry from one corner to the other that does not need a Satellite to be already summoned.
    Yeah the struggle is real. After 11 hits (ground series, launch, air series, orb shot otg, wall cling L,H, then gram) then rawtag Strange in for the 12th hit (or anything after 12 hits), the opponent flips out after the next hit unless it's impact palm. Of course if there is a corner to corner combo which allows Strange to immediately go to impact palm loop, then it the hit stun shouldn't be a problem. Still trying out different combos that carry from one corner to the other that does not need a Satellite to be already summoned.

Easiest way is from a ground grab.

If you're midscreen, just do act sat, shoot sat, Gram H, rawtag Strange, link cr.L
    If you're in the corner, same thing, but do TK Gram H, slight delay, rawtag Strange, link whatever
    edited August 2014
    I'm trying to find a way without a grab since you have the grab part covered. Like a way for any hit to go into Strange raw tag (conversion from super jump, normal jump, etc).

The reason I was trying out wall cling in the combo was because if I do a combo that's not from a grab and act sat, shoot sat, when i try to do gram H or tk gram H the opponent is too far away to connect.

If i shoot my sat close to the opponent they flip out before gram comes out. If I shoot my sat from far away gram H won't reach in time.

I'm think I need to try out different double jump motions in the combo. Like m,m dj up h, s or jump up m, dj up/fwd h, s.
    edited August 2014
    I'm trying to find a way without a grab since you have the grab part covered. Like a way for any hit to go into Strange raw tag (conversion from super jump, normal jump, etc).

The reason I was trying out wall cling in the combo was because if I do a combo that's not from a grab and act sat, shoot sat, when i try to do gram H or tk gram H the opponent is too far away to connect.

If i shoot my sat close to the opponent they flip out before gram comes out. If I shoot my sat from far away gram H won't reach in time.

I'm think I need to try out different double jump motions in the combo. Like m,m dj up h, s or jump up m, dj up/fwd h, s.

Yeah, I'm still trying to find a way to do it more consistently. During the dash gram combos, you can always do dash Gram H after a shot satellite so that the Gram H hits after its been active a sec already since the opponent is just getting hit by the sat. That lets you raw tag, but I still don't know after any hit. I know you can also do shoot sat, wallcling, H, delay, Gram H, rawtag Strange, but whats weird about it is that the inputs get messed up sometimes and it just won't come out, so we need to find other ways.
  • BillBill Joined: Posts: 1,280
    Any of you Marvel tech heads? I'm wondering how much blockstun vajra has. The answer may change my opinion of the assist for certain characters (I.e. my girl Viper).