Frankie3s...

2»

Comments

• ryan.ryan. Joined: Posts: 1,918
    Well I asked and that was what I was told. I don't really care enough to keep asking about the subject to other people so i said ok and posted the answer.
  • andrew_janDekandrew_janDek Joined: Posts: 99

ah, how insightful
  • ChrisPbeastChrisPbeast Joined: Posts: 62
    frank was a regular at family fun until it closed.

Great player and an even greater guy. Always let me watch him play and beast it up. Cheers you motherfucker
  • BillyKaneBillyKane 3s is life Joined: Posts: 713
    The idea that Frankie popularized Denjin in Japan probably isn't too far off. I'm sure they knew how the super worked, but I was at SBO 2003 and all the Ryu players were using SA1 or 2. Vanao did improve that style but he didn't start getting good until a few years later.
  • Mitri MFMitri MF Joined: Posts: 433
    For more on this

listen to the Ask Dr Sub-Zero broadcast, episode 06 part 2 (2007)*, starring Vic Vance
    *(41:03 - Question: "I heard Frankie3S OCVed a team at SBO...")

buy it from your local drug dealer
  • Ryu24Ryu24 Retired 3S Titan Joined: Posts: 1,420

HYPE ending!
    "LET'S GO!" - MutantXP
  • Ryu24Ryu24 Retired 3S Titan Joined: Posts: 1,420
    Frankie3s with the walk-off swag.
    "I'm fucking NICEEeeee!"
  • ilitiritilitirit Joined: Posts: 6,373
    I can't believe people are arguing about whether or not Japanese players knew about Denjin 10 years ago. Have you guys heard about the Nagoyan vids? It came out in 1991.

Besides the obvious comprehension of the footsie game, look at what else they already knew about:
    http://curryallergy.blogspot.com/2007/08/classic-sf2-video-nagoyan.html

They knew about stuff like CPS1 chains a while the rest of the world was still learning how to perform a DP. (BTW, search the forums and newsgroups, back then US players thought they were the ones who discovered it in HF).

To think that players in a country with a video game culture as strong as Japan's didn't know how to use Denjin is just silly.
  • TebboTebbo Play. Joined: Posts: 5,638
    I don't think anyone honestly thinks it was some mystery. Just that it was a very unpopular choice.
    It's retarded to think they didn't use denjin at all lol.

Whether or not the success of one person affected things overseas, no one can know about that really.
    Could have been multiple times removed hearsay that piques someones interest enough to spend some more time using SA3.
    Helping to elevate it from very unpopular to just unpopular.
    Play more.
  • ryan.ryan. Joined: Posts: 1,918
    I heard from a Japanese player that although Frankie wasn't the first denjin player, he was the first to really show the "just do it" style with denjin.

So, it wasn't like he introduced denjin, but he introduced the crazy guess parry into knockdown into denjin style.

I'll admit that is pretty cool! On the other hand, kuni and vanao now take this style to the extreme. It is not fun to fight crazy denjin guys.
  • pyroleepyrolee Because... Joined: Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

And who is that NY? player who also uses the handle "Frankie3s"? Wtf is that? lol...feels like when I sign up for a site and "pyrolee" is already taken...
    Now I will show you the true power of yun.
2»