Like a poll between FF/KOF/CVS/SVC/T7 for where do you know Geese Howard from? I bet the majority will know from the crossover but it also doesn't mean they'd track down and buy/play the game he's originated from.
He is canonically a hero. Factually. He's the holder of one of the 3 sacred artifacts and helped stop Orochi.
Everything he does is to benefit himself. That is more of an Anti-Hero if anything, he's definitely not good nor does he do things because its the right thing like a hero should. Factually.
- Nearly kills Billy and Eiji for no reason.
- Was going to Kill Vice and Mature in their first encounter. Ends up killing them anyway.
- Helps Chizuru and Kyo fight Goenitz he did not have a choice, Goenitz would've killed the 3 if they didn't work together.
- Helps Chizuru and Kyo again vs Orochi same situation he'll die and someone other than him will kill Kyo. Also clan duty.
- KOF '99 Kills a bunch of people just to find Kyo.
- KOF 2000, Saves Yuki(ONLY GOOD THING HE'S EVER DONE). - Helped fight Igniz for the same reason as Goenitz and Orochi.
- Decides to team with Chizuru and Kyo, Chizuru tells Kyo he entered most likely because he cant imagine anyone other than him killing Kyo.
- XI same as above, tells Kyo he'll die by his hands but they need to take care of Ash and Those From The Past.
- Visits Chizuru to see if her powers comes back, not because he "cares" like Benimaru did. Mature points this out.
- *Insert death threats to everyone but Athena in XIII*
- XIV he seals Orochi because keeping Orochi alive is more of a bother to him than anyone else due to his Riot of the Blood.