Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

gaagaa

About

Username
gaagaa
Joined
Visits
302
Last Active
Roles
Member
Points
16
Posts
50
  • Re: Villains of the FGC

    Not contributing anything I see.
    I wish that was the case, then I'd have valid reasons to crap over Little Boy. But it's not true
    I've never played a Chinese person before. I only play 98 and my chances of playing one (even online) are slim.
    You act like it's not fun to write random stuff about random people online!! Cuz nobody does that? Yeah sure!
    Like I said, I may do a "like him or hate him" series, so be on the look out.

  • Re: What's going on at Capcom?

    @The_Shakunetsu …Shill? Troll harder.
    It is so easy to accuse people. In fact it’s more effective than actually refuting.
    My other linked accounts have nothing but KOF (ST just a little). I always praise KOF98 whenever I get the chance. I even called Capcom “corporate greed“. So why the quick judge? It’s okay though, the vast majority is like this. I’m just the ugly black duckling here.

    Again, overlooking a lot of points. I explicitly said if XIV had good overall design then I wouldn’t mind some mistakes here and there. Just how many times are you going to repeat "facial feature"?
    While I'm trying to show you the big picture you insist on looking at it on a microscopic level. What you like/dislike is not universal and is very very subjective. Therefore I'm not going to waste any more time talking about totally off subject comparisons and whatnot.

    Anyway Capcom doesn’t need no “gimmicks”, they will sell regardless.
    nnKsBPa.png
    Every game has had its surge in popularity and hype, and the upcoming MvCI and DBFZ will be no different. Give the big players in fighting games (SF, TK, MvC, KI, GG or in this case DBFZ) a year or so and eventually everything will even out like it always did.
    https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today 12-m&q=/m/012dvc8l,/g/11b8_qs4pr,/m/0dlkf1v,Marvel vs Capcom Infinite,Dragon Ball FighterZ#TIMESERIES
    uPjVodw.png
    ZKtKwiK.png
    Someone’s left in the dust.
    Niitris wrote: »
    All that screeching your doing is nice and all, but everyone knows made in China SNK isn't as good as the 90s version of them.
    What's your point? Any Capcom fan boy would make the exact same fallacy: “Bla bla bla but everyone knows Capcom2017 isn't as good as the 90s version of them so give them a break.”
    Niitris wrote: »
    None of that is a legit argument for why Capcom doesn't have their shit together.
    I’m not defending anyone, but rather making a correlation between Capcom’s methodology of conducting affairs and SNK's
    Niitris wrote: »
    Please link where SNK announced DLC chars for XIV before launch. I must've missed that part, but I'm sure you remember.
    Classic Kyo & Geese DLC announced like 4 months before launch https://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/04/25/the-king-of-fighters-xiv-to-debut-august-23-on-ps4/

    For the last time my major issue is:
    - SNK makes mistakes big times = fans keep sucking to it.
    - Capcom makes mistakes even slightly = fans jump on their throat.
    If SNK had been receiving the same treatment from its fans, WE’d have been making progress long time ago.
    I’ve read here on SRK people complaining about Steam edition and claiming refunds.
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/11335868/#Comment_11335868

    Bye.
  • Re: What's going on at Capcom?

    In denial?! At least Capcom fans are man enough to admit their company failed multiple times. I got to give it up for Xiaohai for stepping up. Like Fchamp, he said in an interview (you can look it up) XIV sucks.
    Unless someone comes with hard facts, everything said for MvCI applies to KOFXIV. My previous points still valid and no one here has debunked or proved me wrong on anything. Just looking for excuses.
    Xhominid wrote: »
    Except KOFXIV was made by SNK after they have come from the brink of bankruptcy and had no choice but to leave the gaming industry for all of those years because surprise, surprise those sprites they made for KOFXII and XIII was so ridiculously costly it messed them up something fierce.
    Don’t get it twisted, SNK is a half century old company ruined by their own marketing mishandling… twice. They’re just like any other company so why the special treatment? They sold out to a major Chinese company now so I suppose they’re good.
    Xhominid wrote: »
    …in comparison with Capcom who still allowed all of this to happen despite having the money to make them better.
    Wrong! Capcom is going through serious issues too. They are as desperate for money as SNK was. In 2013 Capcom had only $152M left https://www.google.com/search?q=capcom+152+million+usd. They have 41,122 million yen in debt (March 2017) http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/data/pdf/result/2016/full/result_2016_full_01.pdf and It has been growing since 2015 (27,982 million yen http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/data/pdf/result/2014/2nd/result_2014_2nd_01.pdf) while their net income keeps falling.
    For every title that does well, they have two failing titles. They are clearly struggling and it explains why they desperately force DLC content on their consumers. They’re pretty much in the same hole and there is no way you could say they’re okay. If they weren’t, then why would they be dependent on Sony or Microsoft just to fund the development of new titles?
    I don’t play their games and I genuinely don’t care about where they end up being in the market. I’m not here to defend corporate greed but I had to address this cause people like to make comparisons while the post I made only expresses my distress at the KOF scene and lists some similar issues I found annoying about KOFXIV.

    Companies like Sony, Microsoft, Activision, EA, and Capcom all have learned some way or another to listen to their fans because everyone, except SNK fans, stand up against anti-consumer acts and scams.
    Xhominid wrote: »
    You might as well see them as an indie company at this rate and thus there's no point in attacking them at all in this way
    OMD looks like you don’t know anything about SNK’s current state.

    I refuse to accept bankruptcy as an excuse. Fans have pounced on fragile SNK during the days of KOF2003, SVC, KOF94rebout, and KOFXII, so why not for KOFXIV when the company now is in a much better position than it was 7 or 9 years ago? Don’t act like you forgot when you complained day and night about Kyo until they gave you classic Kyo.
    If they're going to change their corporate name back to SNK and have the slogan “The future is now" to signify their return, then I expect no excuses. And like said before:
    Hecatom wrote: »
    Don't get mad because people want true value from something they have to buy.
    It's more than a decade past their bankruptcy and it's not like they had disappeared from the market or something. They were still coming up with "so so" titles.

    Around the year 2003 SNK Playmore, founded by Kawasaki himself, had all of SNK's intellectual rights before acquiring BrezzaSoft, Noise Factory, Sun Amusement, and ADK. The new company went gathering many of its former SNK developers and by the end of 2003 the company pretty much resembled the original SNK. In 2004 SNK Playmore sued a company for copyright infringement and received 5.64 billion yen, that’s a lot of money if you ask me. In the following few years SNK Playmore placed its attention on new markets (pachinko and mobile) all the while maintaining good presence in arcades with Atomiswave and Taito's Type X platforms. It also released a number of consumer games worldwide such as a surprising adult game for Nintendo DS (the 1st for any handheld console btw). And by the year 2010 KOFXIII came along wowing everyone with its pixel art and either winning Game of the Year or getting nominated for it.

    Now check this out “Multi-billion dollar Chinese company primarily specialized in chicken farming buys majority stake in Japanese game developer SNK Playmore”:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SNK#Acquisition
    Acquisition:
    In March 2015, Leyou Technologies Holdings submitted a disclosure of interest document to the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, highlighting a "possible investment in a renowned Japanese video game developer." Later in August, it was announced that Chinese web and mobile games giant 37Games, along with an asset management firm, Orient Securities, had formed a joint venture to invest in Ledo Millennium, a subsidiary of Leyou Technologies. Through Ledo, the venture acquired Kawasaki's 81.25% stake in SNK Playmore for $63.5 million. The reason given for the acquisition was to gain rights to SNK Playmore's IP, and further develop them by following Marvel's approach to mass media, with games, comics, film and television.

    XH4Aoul.png
    Normally after each arc it’s a Dream Match but seeing how Chinese fans kept complaining about Psycho Soldiers not being Chinese enough, SNK had no choice but to comply with its new owner.
    XH4Aoul.png
    If SNK not having money was the case, then why would they invest on writing a plot? Wouldn’t it be more suitable to follow tradition and just make a Dream Match? with which they’d be able to put any characters they want without limiting themselves to design/time constraints or being canon, all the while maximizing their profits via popular character DLC?

    SNK is clearly not lacking money, it's lacking thought and vision. In brief, they don’t know what direction they’re going
    DB8rmNkXkAA9I8R.jpg

    Their marketing plan was PREDICTABO too. Most fighting games won’t make sales in Japan without an arcade version (every KOF game before XIV was released on arcade first). It was inevitable for SNK to come up with a KOFXIV port for Type X3, which is a system based on PC hardware architecture. People not aware of this ended up being “victims”
    C_54RvaXUAEWGL8.jpg
    The thing is there is a huge difference between the issue of KOFXIV models in the development period it's not about the "facial aesthetics" right? while in MVCi it's like they are really aiming to alter the face to look like that.
    People here are considerate enough for this kind of usual results and so as I am also. (Not talking about polygons and hair but facial features)
    The problem is why some facial aesthetics ends up like this (Not talking about polygons and hair but facial features) It's like they are trying to alter or radical change the facial features?
    If this is intentional. it's like they just want people to gravitate to DLC costume or be the talked in social media by spreading it like memes for advertising.
    What do you call the case of Kyo then? From an asshole delinquent to slightly mature asshole to J-POP idol?!!!
    50oWgGd.png
    hSWvqO2.jpg
    Not talking about polygons and hair but facial features? Gravitate to DLC costume? What do you call this then?
    3115509-0698708437-digit.jpg
    Kyo, Daimon, Andy, Athena, Chang, Kim, Maxima, King, Kensou, Robert all of them were ruined
    http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/the-art-style-and-graphics-discussion.5842/page-51
    kof-goro.png?fit=750%2C400&resize=750%2C400
    the-king-of-fighters-xiv-ver-1-10-random-graphical-upgrade-showcase.png
    maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    KOF-xiv-yamazaki-dlc-character-agamerlife-01.jpg
    And before you would say it, I brought pictures from recent builds
    7yvq4v091j3z.jpg
    And the cased of SNK is can be tolerated , acceptable and understandable after just reforming there company from another bankruptcy then recently develop a game 100% from scratch.
    What makes you think they made the game from scratch? Most of the battle system and mechanics can be ported to suit 2.5D environment. All their focus went to graphics and they've been talking about it like it's their sole selling point.
    If this trend of loosely designing keeps on being like that. This mistake seems to have no direct problems for now but it will does gradually alter the future design to be more butchered visually because of continuous contradicting and inconsistent design to each other because of different influences and preference. People would change how they see the character.
    You speak about design yet you only made excuses for the non up to standards graphics.
    What about animation issues? What about character design? What about UI? What about plot? What about mechanics? What about bugs? What about hiccups? What about input lag?

    Graphics is not the only department where XIV is failing, I could care less if the game was balanced but everything is implemented badly. There’s no attention to details what so ever.

    Here’s a nice dev story:
    During the Orochi saga they reflected the purple flames’ superiority through move sets. Iori’s dp had good invincibility and can hit up to 3 hits. Ironically even Chris' fireball is superior when used with unblockable setups. On the other hand EX Kyo’s dp lacked in invincibility and could only deal 2 hits. To compensate, the plot suggested Kyo learned Kenpo and used it in all of his techniques. Result: Kyo has autoguard in his dp along with most of his flame/punching tech. Nothing in XIV indicates purple flames having more power than crimson flames. They all deal the same damage and work the same way.

    Take this ridiculous example; to this day it’s still not fixed (and I thought I was lazy).

    d3v wrote: »
    Just because actual KOF players have proved you wrong, especially when it comes to the gameplay, doesn't mean you get to bring your stuff to other threads.
    I’m sorry where did they prove me wrong??? And what actual players? I don't know where you're going with that, I’m an actual player myself.

    Furthermore, I think I have the right to post here because I’m still being relevant to MvCI and Capcom. If mod thinks otherwise, I kindly ask for my two posts to be moved into a suitable category like “general discussion” but not “King of fighters”; it’s dead there.
  • Re: RE:Should Coaching Be Banned in the FGC?

    Is only one person still holding the stick/pad? If your answer is yes. Then you're only fighting one person. It's knowledge and skill vs knowledge and skill.
    Not true everytime. I'll use an extreme example to elaborate.
    2 Newbies playing each other with one of them incorrectly abusing the sweep. If you interfere and tell him "ditch the sweep", no matter what happens next, it's a completely different outcome.
    Now use the laws of proportionality and apply the above example on high level play.
    Was helpful advice and was something the player could have figured out on their own had they thought about it. Ultimately didn't mean shit because the other player was still better anyways which just proves my point.

    Well he did not figure that on his own. Had it not been for that extra bit of outside info, the challenge would've remained the same for the other guy. But it didn't, and that's crucial. Heck the outcome was clearly different; instead of an insulting free 0-2, it's a 1-2 loss with the last game being close. I can't help but imagine the high chances of it ending differently in a ft3, or yet, a ft10 set.

    People seem to project everything on Street Fighter and high level play.
    What about other games? What about the average Joe?
  • Re: RE:Should Coaching Be Banned in the FGC?

    Do you compete?
    Back in the day, I did.
    Well they aren't coaching in the middle of a match, so I don't see the harm in it.
    My point is coaching=cheating since fighting games are closer to a chess match than they are to boxing.

    Someone commented this on that vid :
    "A few years ago, I overheard a commentator saying that I needed to stop jumping. So I stopped jumping and immediately did better. I lost the set but took a match and almost took the second against who I feel was a far better opponent. Not really coaching per se, but that little piece of inadvertent advice was sooooooooo helpful."