SSF4 AE 2012 Tier List Thread (OP last updated October 2013)

Comments

• FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 4,883 ✭✭✭✭
    This is Xian's pre - Evo tier list,

BOQ_7SwCcAAdvIt.png:large

There is no way I can agree with it. Too much crazy stuff going on like high tier E Ryu and bottom tier Honda.
    SFxT - Ryu / Nina
    SFIV - Guile , Honda
    TTT2 - Nina / Ganryu
    Injustice - Green Arrow
  • uberpr0uberpr0 Joined: Posts: 346 ✭✭
    Sagat over Gen,ryu,makoto,seth

LOL

Oh u troll xian
  • chubbyfingerzchubbyfingerz Kore ga Saikyo-ryu da! Joined: Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭
    To be fair you see a lot more succesful Sagats in tournaments than Makotos. She is highly regarded but has zero visibility. As for E. Ryu, Sako's train in the Topanga league together with Ibuki speaks volumes. Perhaps if Yang and Honda switched places, it would be a slightly objectionable but overall understandable tier with basis in reality.

It's Xian after all, not Slo Mo Jones , the local south Idaho SF4 bronze medallist or something like that.
    PSN: SaikyoForever

Test yourself against Saikyo!

• MachoRhombusMachoRhombus Joined: Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭✭
    Zangief being below Yang, Dudley and Chun made me puke a little.
    XBL: PenguinShivers

TLC Shivers.
  • KomatikKomatik Card demon / toolbox addict Joined: Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭✭
    Fei above Cammy and Akuma made me laugh a little.
    Steam/GGPO/Cockatrice: Coffeeling
    KOF13: Iori/Karate/Kim/Benimaru | 3S: Chun/Akuma
    Improving reaction speed in fighting games / Kayin
    Info packet for learning fighting games and/or starting KOF13
    Fei won Evo... just sayin'.

• dayvon_pdayvon_p Joined: Posts: 128
    Yang over zangief and honda? i can't honestly swallow that pill.
  • dayvon_pdayvon_p Joined: Posts: 128
    Also i wish ppl would stop with the myth that ken is better than ryu. Results easily say otherwise. Valle won a major while banana ken ( we he was active ) and drs Chris never did. ken is a gimmick shoto. He doesn't really have anything solid like ryu. All he has is kara throw and half ass oki.
  • uberpr0uberpr0 Joined: Posts: 346 ✭✭
    To be fair you see a lot more succesful Sagats in tournaments than Makotos. She is highly regarded but has zero visibility.
    It's Xian after all, not Slo Mo Jones , the local south Idaho SF4 bronze medallist or something like that.

How many makotos do you honestly see in the US? Are there any at all? You really gotta count how many Sagat and makoto players signed on the tournaments

I think the only makoto players that we get for real are haitani and v-ryu, and boy when u see them, they put up a wrecking train on almost everyone.

• Rice_EaterRice_Eater Now more Evil Joined: Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Fei won Evo... just sayin'.

So did Ryu. Basically that was a different Fei Long then the one right now. He lost some really good stuff from super to AE like Ryu has from vanilla till now. He's still top tier, but no way is he number 1.
    Post edited by Rice_Eater on
  • nesstor001nesstor001 luv(sic) Joined: Posts: 47 ✭✭
    Makoto higher than Ryu and Cody is ridiculous. Also, Gouken is pretty high up there considering the fact that he's garbage.
    cvs2: N Yama/Kyo/Cammy
    KOF XIII: EX Kyo/Takuma/Shen
    3S: Makoto
  • weabooweaboo Joined: Posts: 18
    edited July 2013
    I like where E.Ryu is, reason why: E.Ryu is starting to be represent not only at the highest level,but at local tourney and on SF4 channel like iShoryuken,BlackVegeta,and SF4Evo and other youtube channel.The more I see people play this char,the more I can see his potential coming out.This also would make him into a even more dangreous char once ver.2013 comes out.

Sorry for any misspelling or grammar doing this on my phone :/
    Post edited by weaboo on
  • EmanuelbEmanuelb Joined: Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭
    I'm really surprised Xian put Honda bottom 5. I mean, ok, no top tier, but bottom 5 ?? I would really like to know his thoughts besides this choice. I know he played against Akimo, but...
    It's interesting how top players seems to consider Honda a low tier character. I hope Capcom take notice and buff him acordingly, haha.
    SSF4 AE v. 2012 - 2013 Tier List: http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/6905/a2oo.jpg

• yun4prezyun4prez Joined: Posts: 121
    Why is Ryu not a top 10 character? Feels like the character is being underrated, again.
    I agree with Yun's placement, all this character needs is a dmg buff to be Sakura scary.
  • EmblemLordEmblemLord Psychic Tiger Joined: Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭✭
    y the fuck is honda so low? and gen needs to be higher. no comment on Sagat. yall already know dats sum hogwash.
    Check out my primer to Sagat in SFxT if you are interested.
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-power-of-the-king-a-sagat-primer.161055/
  • Killer_JigglypuffKiller_Jigglypuff Karakusa is cheap Joined: Posts: 6,092 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nesstor001 wrote: »
    Makoto higher than Ryu and Cody is ridiculous. Also, Gouken is pretty high up there considering the fact that he's garbage.

>Better than Ryu

Doubtful

>Better than Cody

Eh, could be.
    Student of the Rindou-Kan
    Some salty people in this thread lol
    EmblemLord wrote: »
    no salt. logic. also Ves is right. SFxTK IS a better game then SF4. but it had sum bad design choices that killed it before it got off the ground. but all styles r viable and footsies r strong. solid game.
    The reason i said that was cause everyone was saying this isn't right or that wasn't,without really giving some detail on why its wrong.....thats all
  • HeavensCloudHeavensCloud Joined: Posts: 268
    edited July 2013
    uberpr0 wrote: »
    Doesn´t have Gen problems against charge characters(doesn´t need to be all of them, but Guile, Honda should be definitve problematic for him), if I am not mistaken?

No, he doesn't. Especially not against guile.

The only one that could be considerable trouble for him of the charge cast is dictator

Guile is one of Gen's worst match-ups. Also, Dictator definitely does not trouble Gen. I've seen Dogura counter-pick with Yun when going up against Sako's Gen because he feels the match-up is in Gen's favor.
    Post edited by HeavensCloud on
  • ReticentlyReticently Joined: Posts: 786 ✭✭✭✭
    and gen needs to be higher

Well, he does have Gen as the 11th best character in the game.

When I look at who's above Gen in that list, 6 of those characters are obviously better than Gen. The remaining 4, and at least 4 of the characters below Gen, are arguably about as good- so I don't think 11th best is that crazy a spot for him.
  • OilforthewinOilforthewin YES!YES!YES! Joined: Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭✭
    Hakan climbs slowly and slowly the tier list....
    Oh and Seth not in Top 10..
    YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!
  • blufangblufang 25th Anniversary, The Simpsons Joined: Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Um...Oni better than over half the cast, right next to Ryu? I would like to know what Xian sees in Oni to put him that high. I do like the design, it makes it easy to decipher where he thinks characters stand.
    20th Anniversary of ST ST Tournament of Legends EVO 2012
    ST Tournament of Legends 2 at EVO 2014!!! Featuring Nuki, Mao, Kurahashi, Damdai, AfroLegends, JWong and others.

20th Anniversary of Darkstalkers Darkstalkers Resurrection Pro Play

20th Anniversary of Marvel, King of Fighters, Tekken, and Killer Instinct

Has Sakura always been in the top 10 or is this new for her???
  • Killer_JigglypuffKiller_Jigglypuff Karakusa is cheap Joined: Posts: 6,092 ✭✭✭✭✭
    weaboo wrote: »
    Has Sakura always been in the top 10 or is this new for her???

Sakura has been highly rated for a long time now. Dat jump fierce too stronk
    Her jump fierce is getting nerf right???
    Watching Dreamhack finals again is a bit disgusting. All those Ryu cr.mks where you're acutely aware a spiral arrow will freely go through that still have to get thrown because just walking forward is a damn strong threat.
    Went to check Cammy cr.mk data for lulz. Oh? 6 start, 4 active, -2/+1 compared to 5, 5, -3/0, same total frames. Lots of disjoint vs. no disjoint. Cammy Top 5, folks.
  • EternalEternal unpleasable perfectionist Joined: Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nesstor001 wrote: »

>Better than Ryu

Doubtful

>Better than Cody

Eh, could be.

Makoto is def better than Cody overall though Makoto has a harder time in specific matchups. Makoto's options are much better, her mobility is better (other than just walk speed thanks to EX Hayate, great dashes, and Axe Kick. Her mixups are FAR FAR FAR better. Her frame traps aren't as strong in terms of frame data but she has better threats backing it up with instant axe kick and karakusa. Her wakeup is about equal, better against standard safe jumps and harder to OS but weaker against throws.

There are def a few matches Cody is better than Makoto but as a WHOLE Makoto is stronger IMO.
  • ShineboxShinebox Joined: Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    HNIC Mike wrote: »
    Doesn´t have Gen problems against charge characters(doesn´t need to be all of them, but Guile, Honda should be definitve problematic for him), if I am not mistaken?
    Dunno Xian has named a few characters as definitive bad matches. Then he proceeds to stomp them all. He named Guile and Honda before. More recently he said Yun.

If I had to choose his placement

Cammy
    Akuma
    Fei
    Sakura
    Adon
    Seth
    Viper
    Yun
    Gen
    Ibuki

Edit-i swapped ibuki for ryu

I was seriously about to quote you earlier and say I would swap Ryu for Ibuki, but it looks like you already did that. Otherwise I agree with this list, Gen is severely understated, that character has several good buttons and tons of setups

I also do not think Evil Ryu and Oni are better than Ken
    Post edited by Shinebox on
  • ugo_2uugo_2u Joined: Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭
    uberpr0 wrote: »

No, he doesn't. Especially not against guile.

The only one that could be considerable trouble for him of the charge cast is dictator
    Honda, Guile, Fei, Akuma are all bad matchup for Gen, guile can keep gen grounded the whole match and honda can torment gen who has no response for headbutt. Bison ain't a problem for Gen. Gen has issues with extreme rushdown and defensive characters
    ssf4ae v2012 tutorial archive http://www.padstickgaming.com/
    Footsie Guide by Maj PDF: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30414642/footsie guide.pdf
    Follow me on Twitter @ugo_2u
  • HNIC MikeHNIC Mike Joined: Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Shinebox wrote: »
    HNIC Mike wrote: »
    Dunno Xian has named a few characters as definitive bad matches. Then he proceeds to stomp them all. He named Guile and Honda before. More recently he said Yun.

If I had to choose his placement

Cammy
    Akuma
    Fei
    Sakura
    Adon
    Seth
    Viper
    Yun
    Gen
    Ibuki

Edit-i swapped ibuki for ryu

I was seriously about to quote you earlier and say I would swap Ryu for Ibuki, but it looks like you already did that. Otherwise I agree with this list, Gen is severely understated, that character has several good buttons and tons of setups

I also do not think Evil Ryu and Oni are better than Ken
    Yeah. Ryu is too fair. Same with Ken, Sagat, Abel, Makoto, or anybody else sitting right on the edge of top 10. If I had to list one more character it'd probably be Rufus

Everyone else sticks to the rules, or has their bullshit balanced by some glaring flaw
    Post edited by HNIC Mike on
    fuck AE ranked matches
  • IglooBobIglooBob Joined: Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    ugo_2u wrote: »
    snip

nothing exists in a vacuum. all my suggestions are meant to be taken together, and these are big picture changes. maybe there's a couple moves changed to fit in this new system. but when suggesting how you might change a game you don't say "well would this new design work perfectly with every v2012 move exactly how it exists now?" you build the framework first, then you tweak moves if you need to.

the answers to most of what you said are contained in watching how older games play, since these changes would bring SF4 closer to the flow and feel of SF2/3/CVS2. some of the questions you raised are addressed by some of other design changes I suggested. like no, of course you aren't locked down because you can't FADC reversals. moves have more pushback so if you commit to "jab jab jab" as your blockstring you pushed yourself out far enough that you have to start moving forward again before you can do anything else. the "jab jab jab try to bait out a crouch tech and get a counterhit" game is minimized and a more traditional "threaten walk up throw and punish normals and throw whiffs" game takes its place. SF4 is in no way my main game, but whether I'm playing or watching high level play, I see this very commonly. a good chunk of the game takes place at cr jab range. I can't imagine this is what peopled signed up for when they started playing.

I won't address the rest in depth. I think if you've played a bunch of ST/3s/CVS2 the answers are pretty straightforward. you just end up with a game that opens up and puts more of an emphasis on space control and footsies and less about that up close game constructed around block pressure, tick throws, counterhits, and FADC ultra. what interested me in SF4 was seeing Daigo vs Valle going at it in the SSF4 Ryu mirror match. that's the game I wanted to play.
    Nope, people still likes this game a lot - It's by far the most popular, bringing around 200 entrants at every major. This year SF4 has 1600 people registered for Evo - The most than any other game (Mvc3 has 300 entrants less), and with 100 entrants more than last year (when there were 1500 people).
    So the game is still growing. If people would be disatisfied with SF4 they would drop it and play other games - like SFxtk, or Injustice, or Kof, or whatever, but they don't.

This game is really good, it doesn't need any major change. Yes, there are complains, it's normal, since SF4 is not perfect (nothing is). And this is internet, where people likes to complain. Believe me, if ST or 3S would have been released these days, people would complain about them like crazy.

yeah fair enough. it is true SF4 is quite popular and drawing in big numbers on players and viewers. it's definitely possible that the complaints expressed are by a vocal minority. what I described is a game that would interest me more personally, and based off the comments I've read around here lately, it seemed even some dedicated SF4 fans shared similar sentiments. I mostly see it in the form of character balance requests. "pleaes nerf divekick and vortex characters, remove unblockables, buff fundamentals characters." IMO this is a nice sentiment but to get what those people really want you'd really have to reconstruct some of the key mechanics of the game.

also FWIW I don't think the other games you listed are viable alternatives in the same way. most of your alternatives to SF4 these days are either long combo games or pretty degenerate. given the choice between KOF 13 and Marvel 3 or SF4, yeah it makes sense to me that a lot of people pick SF4. give them the choice between SF4 and a modern game that plays like something akin to HDR, I think it might be different.
    Post edited by IglooBob on
    Long combo games is right. This is the reason why I can't get into UMvC3, Injustice and why I think KI won't work for me even though it looks and seems to feel very good.

Marvel in particular is somewhat fun to watch but the game is incomprehensible and inacessible to the casual viewer. It is a bloody mess on the screen, with flashy ultras and X factor, endless combos, jumps that move the entire screen upwards and hide assists ( with flashy moves all over the place) and the opponent.

In this sense SF4 has no parallel. It is clean, simple, accessible and the learning curve is reasonable.

Kof right now may be like that but to me the best the series was KoF 98, the last one before strikers came in and turned it into a massive combofest.

• HousecnbHousecnb Joined: Posts: 146 ✭✭
    Poor online and overall lack of support from developers, I'd say.
    Kof 13 is an amazing game. the nail in the coffin for that game is that SNK games have never been on capcoms level of popularity and the online is horrid. we all shit talk online play buts be real. we all play online and games with bad netcode r simply left behind. mechanics wise though kof is the best current gen fighter

Marvel should've been tossed in the garbage can the day it came out if that's the case. Holy fuck that netcode is the worst
  • ThatJollyOlBastidThatJollyOlBastid Non-stop Climax! Joined: Posts: 19,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kof 13 is an amazing game. the nail in the coffin for that game is that SNK games have never been on capcoms level of popularity and the online is horrid. we all shit talk online play buts be real. we all play online and games with bad netcode r simply left behind. mechanics wise though kof is the best current gen fighter

Marvel should've been tossed in the garbage can the day it came out if that's the case. Holy fuck that netcode is the worst

KOF netcode makes Marvel look like GGPO.
    "Seth is like McDonald's. You can learn to make the same burger in 2 days as the person who's worked there for 5 years" ~ Dogura
  • VulpesVulpes No. Joined: Posts: 3,675 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    mechanics wise though kof is the best current gen fighter
    Hey, don't forget the Movie pls

Post edited by Vulpes on
    Why.
  • ShinAkuma204ShinAkuma204 The Primordial Ooze Joined: Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭

Well Marvel is different. It's as American as apple pie. That game basically couldn't fail stateside.
    Who's cuisine reigns supreme?!

"Well I guess the future is rape and no one can stop it."
  • The SavageThe Savage Joined: Posts: 182
    Long combo games is right. This is the reason why I can't get into UMvC3, Injustice and why I think KI won't work for me even though it looks and seems to feel very good.

Marvel in particular is somewhat fun to watch but the game is incomprehensible and inacessible to the casual viewer. It is a bloody mess on the screen, with flashy ultras and X factor, endless combos, jumps that move the entire screen upwards and hide assists ( with flashy moves all over the place) and the opponent.

In this sense SF4 has no parallel. It is clean, simple, accessible and the learning curve is reasonable.

Are you serious? Marvel 3 is about 50x easier to understand and play at this point than SFIV. It's like the Hungry, Hungry Hippos of the FGC.
    Guide to succeeding at Marvel:

1. Pick Doom, abuse the shit out his assists (they're all pretty godlike) and TAC horseshit
    2. Play Vergil anchor

There, you should be taking top 8 at majors now at the very least.
  • EmanuelbEmanuelb Joined: Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2013

It seems every game under the sun is better than SF4 according to you. Which makes me wonder, why are you wasting your time here and not post/support/play the games you actually like ?
    I don't see the point of coming into a thread and going "my game is better than yours".

Calling a game "better" or "good" is highly subjective, since we like different things in a fighting game, so defining what "good" means is a very difficult task. Some people like a game to be complex (3s/ GG) other likes simplicity (ST). Some consider balance very important, other not. For some graphics is a make or break deal, others just want a game to be "fun" (whatever that may be).
    So basically if you want to decide what game is "the best" you first need to decide on some objective criterias. Second you need to play every fg released (on this generation). And then you need to acurately rate every game in order to decide which one is the best of the curent generation.

You didn't do any of this so what you basically are saying is - I like sfxtk and kof better than Sf4. Which is cool, go play those games. I don't like Mvc3 at all, I hate that game, but I don't go into mvc3 threads and ranting how bad is that game and how much better sf4 is, it's just silly.

For the record, I think sfxtk is trash. I couldn't care less when it came, and I still don't, even with the patch. The game looks like Sf4 on steroids, stages are ugly, I don't like the way it is played. The game is horribly boring. Basically I consider sfxtk a useless adition to fgs - the game is not different enough to stay on it's own, and Sf4 is simply WAY better. Plus, there's nothing exciting seeing tekken characters in SF, since very few people play both Sf and tekken.

Regarding KOF - the game is ugly as hell. I actually liked kof series back in the day, I used to play it on arcades. I even liked svc chaos. But kof 13 just looks horrible - I like better how characters looks on kof98 or even svc chaos than in kof 13. Plus, the game is too much about - run-touch-huge combo. Not my stuff.

Post edited by Emanuelb on
    SSF4 AE v. 2012 - 2013 Tier List: http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/6905/a2oo.jpg

KOF 13 art direction = vomit. The quality of the artwork is excellent, but the artwork itself... urk.
  • SuperTrollSuperTroll Pre-Crises Troll Joined: Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Emanuelb wrote: »

It seems every game under the sun is better than SF4 according to you. Which makes me wonder, why are you wasting your time here and not post/support/play the games you actually like ?
    I don't see the point of coming into a thread and going "my game is better than yours".

Calling a game "better" or "good" is highly subjective, since we like different things in a fighting game, so defining what "good" means is a very difficult task. Some people like a game to be complex (3s/ GG) other likes simplicity (ST). Some consider balance very important, other not. For some graphics is a make or break deal, others just want a game to be "fun" (whatever that may be).
    So basically if you want to decide what game is "the best" you first need to decide on some objective criterias. Second you need to play every fg released (on this generation). And then you need to acurately rate every game in order to decide which one is the best of the curent generation.

You didn't do any of this so what you basically are saying is - I like sfxtk and kof better than Sf4. Which is cool, go play those games. I don't like Mvc3 at all, I hate that game, but I don't go into mvc3 threads and ranting how bad is that game and how much better sf4 is, it's just silly.

For the record, I think sfxtk is trash. I couldn't care less when it came, and I still don't, even with the patch. The game looks like Sf4 on steroids, stages are ugly, I don't like the way it is played. The game is horribly boring. Basically I consider sfxtk a useless adition to fgs - the game is not different enough to stay on it's own, and Sf4 is simply WAY better. Plus, there's nothing exciting seeing tekken characters in SF, since very few people play both Sf and tekken.

Regarding KOF - the game is ugly as hell. I actually liked kof series back in the day, I used to play it on arcades. I even liked svc chaos. But kof 13 just looks horrible - I like better how characters looks on kof98 or even svc chaos than in kof 13. Plus, the game is too much about - run-touch-huge combo. Not my stuff.

I agree on the point about the art style in KOF13...its fucking terrible. The original KOF art style was amazing especially with XI, but this new art style took a serious dip. I still say SF4 has the worst art style for this gen of fighters and I always personally felt the game looked like shit even when it was released....ugly ass art style.

Anyways my thoughts on SF4 is that I enjoy it but to a degree. Somethings I like and somethings I hate...but what really bothers me is that the stuff I hate could EASILY be resolved if capcom just put some real effort in their next update. Its frustrating knowing that this game is only held back by a few details yet capcom will not do shit all to fix them...SMH:(
    Shut Up And Swallow
  • ugo_2uugo_2u Joined: Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭
    So I am the only one that love the sf4 art style. Yes!
    ssf4ae v2012 tutorial archive http://www.padstickgaming.com/
    Footsie Guide by Maj PDF: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30414642/footsie guide.pdf
    Follow me on Twitter @ugo_2u
    Nope :P

Some character models could use a touchup, but the backgrounds especially are just plain amazing. Probably the best-looking current gen fighter overall, especially if animation is included.
  • kraalkraal Joined: Posts: 478 ✭✭
    No :)
    Stages are good, and overall the game still appeals to casual gamers (though less than SC V/Tekken). I usually hear that Kof13 comes from the 90s and Marvel/Arcsys are uber flashy+anime/comics tainted.
  • VolcanicAkuma55VolcanicAkuma55 Joined: Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    ive never really had a problem with sf4 artwork. hdr...sf on steroids, and akuma looks like fucking quasimodo
    Post edited by VolcanicAkuma55 on
    SF main: Akuma
    not wannabe, GUNNA BE pro. just need more practice.
    FIX AKUMA AND GOUKEN'S MUSIC IN USF4. WE DONT NEED 3 VERSIONS OF RYU'S THEME
    I think SF4 has great artwork overall: stages, character design and animation.

As for Marvel, I don't find it easy. The game has simple buttons but in order to play effectively you have to do some real magic and train and experiment A LOT. It does not compare to street fighter. Street Fighter has skill balancing mechanics which are very good. A guy with one week training will be able to do a 300 damage jump in combo. A professional will be able to do 390. "Oh but that's unfair?" No. No it isn't, because the crux of the game is in situational awareness, positioning and having a good gameplan. Thus a professional will beat you mostly by outplaying you, and not by throwing random shit and assists and hopping around like a squirrel on meth until one poke lands, thus starting a combo that will end the match because In Marvel a newbie will do a simple 8 button combo ( weak medium strong launch, jump, weak medium strong launch), whereas a pro will kill you outright with one combo.

SFxT is something that I am ambivalent about. There is a lot to like in the game. The balance of the characters, for instance. How different they are. But the stages are so fucking hideous, those flashes and block animations and gem animations and everything, there's just so much visual pollution in that game that it is just bottom-lime revolting to watch for me.

Compare that to one of SF's classic stages:

streetfighteralpha2aust.png

and you see something went terribly wrong there.

But you know what, hang on a second. Sometimes a company will go out on a limb and fuck up. Other times they will go out on a limb and change things. They take risks. Sf2 with six fucking buttons was absurd. Mortal Kombat's violence was outrageous. Killer Instinct's neverending combos, Tekken's weird-ass cast of characters.....KoF having 3 character fights instead of 1x1... good risks. It worked. Many games fell along the wayside, but it's all for experimentation.

Don't beat them so hard for taking risks and failing. SFxT is a massive failure, but hey, at least they tried. Let's see what they try next.

• cerberusfxcerberusfx Timekeeper Joined: Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2013

Rose's face is....
    Chun's hands are....
    Makoto's feets are.....

other than this the style is alright
    I personally really like the art style of BB / GG

But we are going off topic here :p
    Post edited by cerberusfx on
    Power is nothing without skill
    R.I.P Joshua Colon (sksksksksk222)
    **Oh god images in signatures--not approving at all >_>!**