First tournament at Get Your Game On of the new year! We’ve got some changes! We’ve added Tatsunoko vs Capcom! Soul Calibur fans might be disappointed but TL_Crow is holding biweeklies again meaning you should head over to his tournaments! Check 8-Way-Run or Caluibur Forums for details!
The next tournament will be taking place on Saturday, February 21st! I know there’s not going to be one in January but something came up at the store and we can’t do much about it =( Come back because we are finally once again an all Wii fighting game tournament!!
Registration @ 12 pm. If you are bringing a set up I would like you to be here sometime around 12 noon. I will register people in two waves. First @ 12 pm (and before each tournament) and again @ 4 pm for the later tournaments. Thanks!
**Super Smash Brothers Brawl Doubles: 1 pm!
Naruto EX3: 3 pm!
Super Smash Brothers Brawl Singles: 5 pm!
Tatsunoko vs Capcom: 6 pm!**
These are approximate times.
Get Your Game On
709 Packard Road
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
The map included above shows where to find free parking as well as food places directly surrounding Get Your Game On. If you cannot find free parking, there are meters outside the store which are $0.50 an hour for 10 total hours. However, after 6 pm it is free so you can just load the meter until 6 pm.
*Venue fee: $5
Super Smash Brothers Brawl Doubles: $20 per team
Super Smash Brothers Brawl Singles: $10 per person
Naruto EX3: $2 per person
Tatsunoko vs Capcom: $5 per person
Payout is standard 60%/30%/10% for all events. Percentages may change based on turnout.
*venue fee will be waived when you bring a WHOLE set up (wii w/ game + a TV). Venue fee may also include some food and drinks. Details TBA. Only a limited number of set ups will be allowed. Please let me know if you are bringing one.
The $5 venue fee can be paid via trade ins. Aka, old games/systems/whatever, can be traded in to the store as opposed to paying a venue fee. I would call the store first to see if they have too many of something (and therefore wouldn’t take it in) and their number is available on their website (above). So, take advantage of this offer!
- Respect the Venue- Please pick up your trash and try not to throw controllers, kick chairs, or anything that may do damage to the venue. Anything that is broken or any trash that is left is then my responsibility and I will glare at you for a long time glare. Aka, I’ll take money out of the pot to fix it and EVERYONE will kill you.
- ABSOLUTELY NO DRUGS OR ALCOHOL ALLOWED INSIDE OR ON THE PREMISES. IF IT IS FOUND YOU WILL BE KICKED OUT, NO EXCEPTIONS. This is a game store which caters to all ages, be respectful and do not make a fool out of yourself.
- Smoking cigarettes is allowed right outside the building. Just try not to crowd the door so customers can get inside.
- The tournament will be held in the basement (2 rooms!) which will be our space. The upstairs is a game store so please go up stairs to pick up any new games or drinks/snacks if you wish. In general though, be respectful of the other customers.
- HAVE FUN! This is something really cool for Ann Arbor and for fans of these games all over. Let’s keep it up so we can keep running them every month!
- I will NOT TOLERATE unsportsmanlike conduct. There will be no insulting, coaching, or verbal abuse of any kind during tournament matches. Coaching is allowed between matches only. If I catch you doing any of the above, you will get a warning. Doing it again will result in you being kicked out.
- There are no refunds on the venue fee. If you have to leave early and cannot enter a tournament that you paid for, I can give you a refund ONLY if you have not played a single match in the tournament. If you have played at all, I will not give you a refund.
- If I am busy (ESPECIALLY if I am in a match) wait until I am done to talk to me.
- Anything you bring is YOUR responsibility. If anything is lost or broken myself, nor the venue take any responsibility for it. Keep an eye on your stuff and make sure you take care of other people’s TVs, systems, etc.
Therefore, this list basically says: Be respectful to those around you and have fun…
…or I’ll KILL YOU (jks =P).
Out of State Housing:
If you would like to come to this from out of state, there may be a place for you to stay in the Ann Arbor area. Post in the thread and someone might be able to help you!
ALL EVENTS ARE DOUBLE ELIMINATION. Nearly everything else is different.
Super Smash Brothers Brawl:
This tournament follows the basic outline of the rules set by the SBR. Details of the rules can be found here.
However, the stage list will be rather different. Here is the stage list for this tournament:
Poke’mon Stadium 1
They will be picked 1 - 2 - 1 and who chooses first will be decided by RPS.
You may ban one stage from either list after the striking process is over.
Each station will have a list of stages that you may select to avoid confusion. Also, if you and your opponent(s) agree, you may play any stage you want, banned or not. If you have any questions, please let me know before the tournament or before your match. If the match is already in progress you are stuck.
If you use any controller styles that use the wiimote you will be responsible for removing the batteries inbetween your matches. Failure to do so can result in a DQ.
All Finals 3/5 Matches
99 second time
Winner keeps character.
Loser chooses another character (If they want)
Damage Setting - 3
Crisis Mode - On
Hand Seals - Off
Stage Transition - Off
Obstacles - Off
If using Wiimote make sure to remove your batteries from Controller or you will be DQ if it interferes with another Tournament Match!
Gaara’s BT Up+A on wakeup is banned from tournament play
Tatsunoko vs Capcom:
- All characters are allowed, all options on default.
- Handicap set to 3 stars.
- Purposely doing any glitch that stops the game from being played are banned.
- 2 out of 3 games, winner keeps team, loser may change.
- If the Firey Ruins stage is selected randomly, either player may opt to rerun the random stage select to get a different one. This is a courtesy to colorblind people playing on possibly poor TVs.
Other Forum Pages:
All is Brawl: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=4221
Alright guys, that seems to be it! Let me know if I forgot anything and I will update it accordingly! See you all there!!
SYSTEM PREREG LIST:
Because I only have a limited number of space for set ups, systems to get rid of the venue fee are going to have to be preregistered. I would appreciate it if those who bring a set up can try to bring a power strip too, since the plug situation will be easier to manage this way.
BRING THE REMOTES FOR YOUR TVs. IF YOUR TV CANNOT BE STARTED BECAUSE SOMEONE CHANGED THE CHANNEL AND YOU CAN’T GET IT WORKING AGAIN YOUR SET UP WILL BE NULL AND VOID. BRING REMOTES.
BRAWL Set Ups:
- What’s the Point
Tatsunoko vs Capcom Set Ups:
Naruto Shippuden Gekitou Ninja Taisen EX3 Set Ups:
- a guy i kno