05.20.06 + 05.27.06 Tournaments at WPB, FL!

3076 Jog Road
Greenacres, FL 33467
(561) 641-8051
www.vortexcybercafe.com

For directions, I recommend going to www.randmcnally.com .
For rules for tournaments, please go to http://www.willvolution.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=56 .

Vortex: Better Than Sex Tournament 7
Saturday, May 20, 2006
1PM-1AM

Entrance Fee-$6.00
Tournament Fee-$5.00 each
Prizes:
1st-70%
2nd-20%
3rd-10%

1PM-4PM-Capcom vs. SNK 2 (Dreamcast)
4PM-7PM-Street Fighter III: Third Strike (PS2)
7PM-10PM-Super Smash Bros. Melee Tournament
10PM-1AM-Tekken 5 Tournament (PS2) (This is a sub tournament. If there’s less than 7 signups, there will be no Tekken 5 tournament. If there’s less than 7 people show up for Tekken 5 tournament, there will be no Tekken 5 tournament. When I make a list who’s coming for Tekken 5, I will only list those that are definitely coming.)

This is a BYOC (Bring Your Own Controller) event. WiLLvolution.com or Vortex Cybercafe are not responsible for lost or stolen items.

Vortex No Jutsu Tournament 4
Saturday, May 27, 2006
1PM-1AM

Entrance Fee-$6.00
Tournament Fee-$5.00 each
Prizes:
1st-70%
2nd-20%
3rd-10%

1PM-4PM-Soul Calibur III Tournament
4PM-7PM-Guilty Gear XX Slash Tournament
7PM-10PM-Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen! 4 Tournament
10PM-1AM-Melty Blood ReAct Tournament (This is a sub tournament. If there’s less than 7 signups, there will be no MBR tournament. If there’s less than 7 people show up for MBR tournament, there will be no MBR tournament. When I make a list who’s coming for MBR, I will only list those that are definitely coming.)

This is a BYOC (Bring Your Own Controller) event. WiLLvolution.com or Vortex Cybercafe are not responsible for lost or stolen items.

I already know that I’m going to get some grief with my tournaments so I’m going to explain my motives. I’m going to go ahead and answer the future complaints that I’m going to get.

"With 3 TVs, tournaments should run by 2 hours instead of 3 proven from April’s Tournament. So have 4-5 tournaments in one day."
I have a feeling that since the tournaments are around the summertime, more people should come. I rather have more time than no time at all.

"I play Guilty Gear XX Slash and Street Fighter III Third Strike and I’m not coming to both days to play the games that I will win. Why are you holding me back?!?!"
You do brought up a good point. Having to choose a day for GGXX Slash tournament was tough but I made the best decision to have GGXX Slash in VnJ4 instead of VBTS7. This might be a gamble for me because I don’t know the previous GGX2 players and what other games they play. If I put Soul Calibur III in VBTS7, I’m at a jeopardy of having a no show for this tournament. Soul Calibur III have been notably decreasing with signups and there’s only like 4 previous players that do play Street Fighter III Third Strike and Soul Calibur III but 3 of them leave nearby Vortex. There’s more SSBM players that participate SSBM by itself compared to NGNT4 players that participate NGNT4 by itself. Also SSBM players want a later timeframe like NGNT4. If you also noticed, VBTS7 lineup is more old school compared to VnJ4 (With the exception of Tekken 5). Pretty neat, huh?

"I know you will put the videos from the previous tournament sooner or later but can you please give me a timeframe so I can come back to watch the videos?"
You just answered your own question.

“Why didn’t you say anything about bringing your own controller, Will?! On the flyer, it says ‘For more information regarding about PRIZES, FEES, RULES, etc., please go to www.willvolution.com.’ but it didn’t say anything about bringing your own controller. That’s definitely discrimatinating to the people who rely on other people’s controllers!” <— Actual phone call
::Hangs up cell phone:: <— My actual response

"Host a Breaker’s Revenge tournament!"
No.

"Can you bring back Marvel vs. Capcom 2 even though 4 people signed up and 1 person showed to the April’s tournament?"
No.

"When and where is WiLLvolution Tournament 2006?"
I haven’t plan anything yet due to Finals in College. Once I’m done with the Finals, I will plan out the WiLLvolution 2006. Also, I will change the WiLLvolution 2005 section in my forums into WiLLvolution 2006 so everybody can discuss about this great event happening in FL.

That should be it but another thing I’d like address is transportation. I highly suggest not to plan things at the last minute and make sure that you have a ride coming to the tournaments. If you need a ride, please post here ASAP.

And please read the rules before coming as well. If you have any questions at all, please post here. No question is stupid to ask and I wanted to make sure that everybody is aware what’s going on. If you’re afraid to ask, IM, PM, email or call me on the cell.

The important thing is to have fun and meet up with people with the same interest. Last but not least, if you’re going or possibly going, please post here and the events you want to attend. Thank you.

FUCK YES, Slash I’m deff gonna try and make that Shit!

I wanna come too!

You shall come too. Order-Sol and Ky will rip it up together =)

I’m gonna Beast this Scrub!

Here’s the list of who’s coming so far (As of 5.9.06)

------Vortex: Better Than Sex Tournament 7------

Capcom vs. SNK 2 (DC)
Kastro 305
SNES
Bwootleg NMB
Ultimate Hustla

Street Fighter III Third Strike (PS2)
Kastro 305
SNES
Bwootleg NMB
Ultimate Hustla
Ic3y Ac3

Super Smash Bros. Melee
Deg
Ic3y Ac3
Sub_scorpion7
Doodah

Tekken 5

-------Vortex No Jutsu Tournament 4----------

Soul Calibur III
The WiLL
Icekid
Daireangel23
Deg
sacanache

Guilty Gear XX Slash
The WiLL
Darkhonor90
Daireangel23
sacanache
Troyboy
SilverGear

Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen! 4
The WiLL
Icekid
Darkhonor90
Seishin
Ghostdog
Gabriel
Falconlord7
LordRabies
sacanache
Rieshu
InsaneJokr9
Stabby
Mr. Brightside

Melty Blood ReAct, Final Tuned
Icekid
Darkhonor90
Seishin
Ghostdog
Daireangel23
LordRabies
sacanache

If you’re coming to one or both events, post up!

im a maybe for GGXX slash…

You better Join, don’t be Scared of me now!

lol… right… we need some more GGXX players…

Add me 4 3S.

I’ve never been to one before, so I have a question. Are only the tournaments going to be run or are there going to be casuals going on as well? I haven’t played CvS2 or 3S in months, but I’d show up to play CvS2 if I could get in a lot of casual matches later. And if there are casual matches will it be on other games than just the toruney ones?

I am down for slash the next week though.
thanks in advance for a response.

Windlord0-There will be casuals throughout the tournament.

Here’s the list of who’s coming so far (As of 5.19.06)

------Vortex: Better Than Sex Tournament 7------

Capcom vs. SNK 2 (DC)
Kastro 305
SNES
Bwootleg NMB
Ultimate Hustla
Windlord0

Street Fighter III Third Strike (PS2)
Kastro 305
SNES
Bwootleg NMB
Ultimate Hustla
Ic3y Ac3
onyx

Super Smash Bros. Melee
Deg
Ic3y Ac3
Sub_scorpion7
Doodah
HeyWhatsup
Icekid

Tekken 5
I AM LEGEND
2 other people

-------Vortex No Jutsu Tournament 4----------

Soul Calibur III
The WiLL
Icekid
Daireangel23
Deg
sacanache

Guilty Gear XX Slash
The WiLL
Darkhonor90
Daireangel23
sacanache
Troyboy
SilverGear
Efrain
L337 NIN9A
2Nasty
Windlord0

Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen! 4
The WiLL
Icekid
Darkhonor90
Seishin
Ghostdog
Gabriel
Falconlord7
LordRabies
sacanache
Rieshu
InsaneJokr9
Stabby
Mr. Brightside
projekt84
Efrain
L337 NIN9A

Melty Blood ReAct, Final Tuned
Icekid
Darkhonor90
Seishin
Ghostdog
Daireangel23
LordRabies
sacanache
Efrain
L337 NIN9A

If you’re coming to one or both events, post up!

i might come to win cvs2 again