[09/18/10] SSF4 Ranbat @ NYC Corona Queens Winner gets a flight to SFGT major in FL!

September. A time of transitions and beginnings. Summer is ending, fall is coming. It’s the start of the academic year and the dojo is open for training.

It’s clear that Sanford and Arturo are the 2 best fighters in the Northern American region. But good things come in threes. Who will be the 3rd warrior in the triumvirate?

Team P.I.E, SFGT & Team Spooky, present “Offline Endless Battle” - A series of Super Street Fighter 4 ranbats starting off on September 18th.

Player with the most points at the end of the ranbat series goes to South Florida Challenge 4! Miami, FL Nov. 6-7, 2010 Up to $1000 Bonuses to do battle in sunny Florida. In addition, to kick things off with the first ranbat in the series we will be giving away a dual modded tournament edition stick to a lucky potmonster, have exhibition matches courtesy of Team P.I.E. and give a chance for a stream monster at home to win xbl Microsoft points ($40 worth).

Relax, have a few drinks and have fun with us at the Endless Offline Battle casual stations that will be set up throughout the day. See you there!

101-18 Northern Blvd, Corona, NY 11368
Entrance on 102nd Street.

Directions:
Public Transit: 7 Train (Main Street Flushing direction) stop at 103rd Street - Coraon Plaza. From there, walk north on 103rd St toward 39th Ave. Turn left at New York 25A E/Northern Blvd.

By bus: take the Q23 (101st St/31st Ave) or Q48 (108 St/Northern Blvd)

Schedule:
Saturday, September 18
Doors open at 10am for Registration and Casuals
Main event starts at 3pm
Team NY qualifiers will start at 6pm
Pot Monster bonus event at XXpm (more details to come)
Endless Offline Battle casuals throughout the evening - there will be dedicated casual stations set up throughout the whole day ** open until 12am**

Pricing:
Venue Fee: $10
Tournament Entrance: $10
There will be food and drinks served at the venue. Menu consists of American bar food and Asian cuisine - all at affordable prices. Bring your ID if you wish to drink at the bar.

Stream:
(link to team spooky stream here)

Rules:

• Arturo and Sandford are barred from this tourney
  • Sets will be 2 out of 3 Matches
  • Loser of the previous match may switch characters
  • Losers and Winners finals will be 3 out of 5 matches
  • Grand Finals are 3 out of 5 matches with the player coming out of the Losers bracket having to in 2 sets and the player coming out of Winners only having to win 1 set.
  • 99 second rounds
  • Color 11 and 12 banned
  • Double blind Character and Ultra select are available by request
  • Winner of the previous match may switch Ultra but must select his Ultra before his opponent selects his Ultra
  • If a match ends in a double KO where both players have 2 rounds won, both players are credited for winning 0 matches and must restart that match with no one switching characters or Ultras.

Prizes:
1st 45%
2nd 25%
3rd 15%
15% goes towards the flight to FL

Tourney Bonus:
The winner of the ranbat gets a round trip flight to South Florida Challenge 4! Miami, FL Nov. 6-7, 2010 Up to $1000 Bonuses.

Pot Monster Bonus:
We will be giving away a dual modded tournament edition stick!
More details to come.

Stream Monster bonus:
We will be giving away xbl Microsoft points ($40 value)
Will be instucted on how to win.

Facebook

YOooooooooooooooooh! Even the thread title is mad hype.

bump for update. srry guys. i know dnyce is gonna kill me cause it took forever for me to post this. my new job owns me srry guys.

i’m there. i thought you were dead Andy lol.

need to keep this bumped

SSF4 Ranbat @ NYC Corona Queens Winner gets a flight to SFGT major in FL!

link to the facebook event

PS3 or 360?

i would think PS3 but wait for andy to confirm that.

its 360 and im also changing this to a non ranbat which means that its the 1st place winner that gets it and thats it! i just have to confirm this with my ppl.

thx for the love booty

I will be in attendance if nothing life threating happens within a week.

Yup. You support us so not an issue doing the same back. Put this up on EventHubs too.

damn so close to my neighborhood. If by any chance there will be a switch to PS3 im going to be there.

You could just borrow someone else’s stick. -_-

i dont play stick. Only PS3 pad.

this why you should learn stick… it’s universal.

check this out, imma change this to 1 tourney and not a ranbat. even if its 30 ppl ill cut my losses and thats it. its frustrating to try to help out the community and get little feedback in return. after this ill just disappear. cause i dont even play the game anymore and yet i still feel compelled to spend money and help you guys out. i work a 10.5 hr a day job now and its very discouraging to see nothing im not gonna lie.

thx for those who has showed support on here and on FB.

All-day casuals make the drive from Jersey worthwhile. I’ll be there.

so now that it is being cut to just 1 tournament, what is the deal with the prizes and such?

i said it so i will keep it. prizes stand

REAL TALK, I’m hype expect me to be THERE !!! :tup: also real talk gotta love Citiofbrass helping organize tournies in Queens.