09/21 Seattle MvC2, CvS2, ST results

MvC2 results, 20 people

1-Jason Mar-Magneto/Storm/Sentinel, Storm/Sentinel/Commando +10
2-Rodolfo Castro “RowTron”-Magneto/Cable/Sentinel +7
3-Rattana Phanthourath-Storm/Sentinel/Cyclops or Commando +5
4-Andrew Blanchette “Mix Masta Drew Dub”-Magneto/Storm/Sentinel, Storm/Sentinel/Commando +3
5-Zach Robinson “Preppy”-Megaman/Cable/Tron +1
5-Cody Boentaran “Codyliciouz”-Storm/Sentinel/Commando +1
7-Mandel Scott “Deezo”-Magneto/Cable/Sentinel, Storm/Sentinel/Cable
7-Lawrence Nath “lawrencium”-Magneto/Storm/Sentinel

CvS2 results, 16 people

1-Sam Yatchmenoff “fatbear”-A Blanka/Hibiki/Bison +10
2-James Siew “peachy”-S Athena/Cammy/Sagat +7
3-Rattana Phanthourath-C Sagat/Terry/Yamazaki +5
4-Chris Calas “red bull”-K Vega/Sagat/Blanka +3
5-Mandel Scott “Deezo”-C Iori/Chun/Sagat +1
5-Cody Boentaran “codyliciouz”-C Iori/Kyo/Sagat +1
7-David Alvarez “Dawolf”-C Blanka/Iori/Sagat
7-Nate Montes “XTG”-K I just remember seeing King and Chang dunno who else =/.

ST results, 22 people (yes ST had more entries than Marvel in a Seattle tourney, crazy huh?)

1-Julien Beasley “zass”-Vega/CLAW, Balrog/BOXER +10
2-Itazan-Vega/CLAW, Ryu +7
3-Mandel Scott “Deezo”-Chun Li, Old Sagat +5
4-Josh Rey “JTM”-Old Sagat +3
5-Keith Huang “doughboy”-Vega/CLAW +1
5-Alex Kelly “umbrellastyle”-Guile, Dee Jay +1
7-Sam Yatchmenoff “fatbear”-Dhalsim, Ryu, Ken
7-Jetay Barber “raishinken”-Chun Li, Old Sagat

Point totals thus far…

MvC2
Rodolfo Castro-17 pts
Jason Mar-17 pts
Rattana Phanthourath-10 pts
Andrew Blanchette-3 pts
Evan Wenzel-3 pts
Kyle Chow-1 pt
Mark Santos-1 pt
Cody Boentaran-1 pt
Zach Robinson-1 pt

CvS2
Sam Yatchmenoff-20 pts
James Siew-12 pts
Sam Biniam-7 pts
Rattana Phanthourath-6 pts
Mandel Scott-4 pts
Chris Calas-3 pts
Cody Boentaran-1 pt
Chris Zamanillo-1 pt

ST
Julien Beasley-20 pts
Keith Huang-8 pts
Itazan-7 pts
Julian Blake-5 pts
Mandel Scott-5 pts
Josh Rey-3 pts
Nate Montes-3 pts
Alex Kelly-1 pt
Sam Yatchmenoff-1 pt
Mo Shanahan-1 pt

Random shit while I can remember it:

-First off thanks to Zach for allowing everyone in his house every two weeks, and thanks to the Portland guys for showing up, and thanks to everyone else that attended as well. This will be Cody’s last tourney in Seattle as he’ll be moving to Irvine, California in about a week or so. It was cool to see him and it’s definitely sad he’ll be gone. The Boener better keep in touch, slap that guy.

-Rat knocked JMar into losers. What a beast.

-The Marvel finals were crazy. JMar came back from losers on Row 4-2, 4-2. There were plenty of really close matches, and I’m sad that they weren’t recorded. Jason also barely won hard fought matches in the losers bracket against Rat and Zach as well, Mr. Impossible indeed.

-Itazan is cheap in ST, his Vega beat me 3-1 in losers final =[. Good job to Itazan, thanks for visiting! Watching him and Yosuke play VF5 was pretty ridiculous, they make that game look hella tight.

-New Marvel mix was cool.

-There were more oohs and aahs coming from random puzzle fighter remix matches than there were from the Marvel finals. Granted the Marvel finals did take place at like 4 am hahah but yeah.

Yea ROW

Good shit cody.

To hell with ST having more entries, Marvel’s the shit. Play Marvel, everybody. You country demands it.

Thanks for running this.

JMar, thanks for letting me have that moment in our match. The “turning and facing the opponent after the impossible comeback against Mr Impossible” match (Tron comeback FTW) made my horrible choke against you in game 3 livable. You’re clutch. Good work. :tup:

Mandel: Like I said, I respect your Cable enough to play Magneto against you. Good work on getting that solid with your Cable.

Sean: O-O! I haven’t played you since Cody’s crazy eyebrow was short. Sorry to lame you out.

Evan: like I said, King Kobun startup is all relative to where her helper Kobun is. So if you keep drilling, Servbot catches up and starts up in a slightly different place. But Rat and Nolan can beat that for free, so ask them about doing that if you really care. But I don’t know anybody else who really uses that so I don’t think you care.

Rat: As always, great work. Everything I know about Cable I learned you from you and Row.

Cody: :sad:! I hope Cali is great. Go to “Farrell’s”. Although trying to pronounce that with you was a laugh. Great ice cream + an OK arcade (I don’t think anything interesting) + OK minigolf + some other stuff. Thanks for being the man for so long with giving everybody a place to play and keeping the scene alive for so long. :sad:

Does Jason Kuan still play? I haven’t seen his name on results in ages.

speaking of people still playing…whatever happend to lifetimeboy(p groover) ?? I think he was a top seattle cvs2 player…cant remember.

He was on hiatus due to some personal issues. Expect him to make a full recovery. He is still a fucking beast.

good shit kuan

He just started getting back into the scene. He’s been beasting in 3s at gameworks on occasion, I’m sure he’s even better at CvS2. Glad to hear he’s a P-groover I almost thought I was the only one.

nasty :frowning:
makes me want to start picking top tier so I can win too

also, I don’t play DJ anymore! why is he on there :arazz:

In my defense I used Chun Li all the way up to the winners final where I used Chun Li until the last game of the set. However I used Sagat the whole time against Itazan until the very last game.

What what?

Preppy please tell me that you recorded MvC2…

Nope, sorry. And honestly this had some of the better matches I’ve seen in a loooong time, but I was just dumb/stupid and wanted to relax/have fun. Sorry. :sad:

:sad:

On the plus side, I have 5 tapes of Super Turbo footage (from this + 2 previous tourneys) I’ll get to by Monday… =\

zachd.com/st set it up!

also I didn’t know itazan was up there, where is my rematch!!!

gj sam for taking cvs2. I see you have a new team there…lol

After the seattle tourney itazan came to ny and had a winning streak in st and 3s at ctf arcade. He is a great player and a nice friend. Btw itazan is going back 2 japan in a week.