[1/29 KANSAS CITY] MAXOUT Season 4 PREMIERE! SSFIV, BBCS, T6, TvC and more

Welcome to the SEASON 4 PREMIERE of Kansas City’s only monthly tournament series.

Venue:The Buzzz AKA Toad’s Pub and Perk
Easy access from I-35 Highway
Date:** Saturday, January 29th**
Start Time: Doors will open for games at 11 AM
Venue Fee: Working on making this FREE (Will update)
Price per game: $10/$5

The Lineup

FEATURING
Super Street Fighter IV (PS3) $10
Super Street Fighter IV 2v2 Teams $5 per head

Tekken 6 : Bloodline Rebellion (PS3) $5
BlazBlue Continuum Shift (PS3) $5
Tatsunoko vs Capcom (Wii) $5
???MYSTERY GAME??? (?) $1 [winner takes all]

Games on hand if there is interest to play them

Guilty Gear Accent Core
Melty Blood Actress Again
King of Fighters XIII

SCHEDULE
Casuals and Registration start at 11 AM
All tournaments and casuals will end by 7:30 PM

RULES:

All tournaments will be 2/3 Rounds, 2/3 Matches, Double elimination unless listed otherwise.
Tekken 6 will be 3/5 rounds, 2/3 Matches, Double Elimination.
Button binds will be legal for GGAC.
If you wish to change controls, do so prior to the match.
If you wish to use multi button binds for other games, it will have to be at the affirmation of your opponent.
Default button binds are exempt from this rule
Winner keeps same character, loser may select a new one
All games will be played on random stage select

T6 will be 3/5 rounds, 3/5 matches, MLG style. In the case of a rematch from earlier in the tournament, your old record will carry into the next match, and the first person to reach 6 victories will be the winner.

The venue is a Bar and Coffee House. It also serves a wide variety of food, so people don’t have to leave the venue to get something to drink or eat. And if celebrating your recent victories, or drowning your sorrows over your recent ass-beatings is your pleasure, the bar is open all day and night.

**Please pre-register in this format: **
John B - (AxioM) - KC, KS - SFIV

Last season concluded with the most hype fighting game tournament KC has ever seen. With the Radian and Axiom doing T.O., and JSpot’s stage setup, combined with the efforts of the Toads staff, we finished out the season with a bang.

Last seasons top 5 leaders.

Ranbat Season
SSFIV

1. Rexor
  2. German Leuger
  3. Dr Kong
  4. Axiom
  5. Warden

T6

1. AxioM
  2. Boxbrosg
  3. Dat Boy STL
  4. Mr. Mister
  5. Prod1gy

See everybody there.

More hype than red necks at Nascar.

Markis D - (papermarkis) - KC, KS - SSFIV, SSFIV Teams, BBCS, Mystery Game

Tell me they did not change the bar name to that.

Anyway, I will be there.

Out of my hands, I’m afraid. Oh well. People will still call it Toads, the Dose, whatever the hell they feel like anyway.

When I play, someone’s gonna look freer than a 2nd course at an all-you-can-eat-buffet!!

Hopefully it’s not me.

I’ll be there.

no arcana heart3?

Nobody cares about this crappy weaboo anime moe crap it’s fans feel the need to mention in any thread that involves anything in the universe involving anything else in the universe.

“Hey man can I borrow $1?”
“Wanna play Arcana Heart 3 instead?”

Stop shoving this crap down our throats.

I’ll be there.

This well may be my last maxout if shit goes right for me. So ya boy’ll be in the building. Why did they change the name tho?

As for arcana heart i dont know about doing it this MO but i say have it on deck for the next one since there seems to be alot of interest.

@papermarkis - lol wow really? The man cant mention or ask about a “fighting” game on a “fighting” game forum, much less a tournament thread? cool forums bro

I’ll definitely be there. I had my ass handed to me at the Final Round qualifier, but you gotta start somewhere, eh?

I may just come to this as well lol.

BLAZBLUE FOREVER

I’m just getting tired of this annoying fanbase trying to set up 4 man tournaments in every thread in the forum. It’s cool to try to promote a new game, but they’re getting very annoying with it and trying way too hard.

Always there, as usual, one day I may even make the rankings :wink:

Torrey R - drunkninja - Springfield, MO - SSF4, TvC

I think imma drop CS as a tourney game, I’ll totally play casuals though if they’re going down. Also, definitely down for some Arcana Heart 3 if there’s enough people for it.

@papermarkis - I hate drumming up drama, but just chill man. Someone casually mentions the game and you go on a ridiculous “stupid weeaboo moe crap” spiel. Yeah, the fanbase has been dropping the game everywhere, but they just want people to play it and get the series the recognition it deserves. It’s a really good game (dare I say, better than BB), you should at least give it a chance. I didn’t think much of it before playing it and trying to understand it, but it’s very fun with some great mechanics.

Derek B. - (MGF) - Lawrence, KS - SFIV, Tekken 6, Tatsunoko vs Capcom

James C. - (JAM) - Lawrence, KS - Tekken 6

Devin S. - (Chronosfury) - Lawrence, KS, - Tekken 6, Tatsunoko vs Capcom

I’m entering my friends and I for this tournament.
I can bring a Tatsunoko vs Capcom (Custom Music) setup with a T.V. and Wii with 2 Classic controllers, plus Wiimotes. For free, of course, just to help out.

Before I forget, I wanted to jump in real quick and say that Axiom was kind enough to allow the SSF4 and T6 tournies to be part of the VGF. Take a look: VGF. It’s free to register and qualifies you for cash prizes. There is NO obligation to register, so if you don’t want to participate, you certainly don’t have to. If anyone has questions, feel free to send me a PM. I should be there for the next MAXOUT, so it’ll be great to meet everyone. :china:

Flame on, and good luck to everyone next weekend.

There

We would like to ask about that door fee, perhaps maybe we estimate an amount of like $5 to $10, thanks.

When its not free the venue fee is normally $5.

Plan on bringing $5 for the venue fees, as per usual.

Setups used during tournament will as always negate your venue fee. Thanks in advance fellas.