1 vs 2 player arcade sticks

I actually was in the same situation as well, I wanted a 2 player panel to use on PS3 and PC, then realized the X-Arcade was garbage because of the low quality parts. I just ended getting two of each controller and put them beside each other, 2 x Qanba Q4 and 2 x MK TE.

I’m not exactly an X-Arcade defender (the button layout kills me) but it was my understanding they had sorted out the PCB issues. Jeremy from X-Gaming doesn’t post here often. If you’re after a 2P stick check out the HSS-0130. You may end up dropping $400+ though once you have it fixed up to your liking.

http://www.qanbashop.com/EN/USD/product/QanbaPC-versionDualArcade-fightstick-7.html any one try one of these yet

I ended up ordering the http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874179009

Should get it by friday :slight_smile:

Just so you are aware there aren’t sanwa parts in those. The parts are the standard hori fair of soldered to the board sanwa knock offs and a hori stick. I’m not bagging on your decision I have one and love it I just swapped in a jlf and and sanwa buttons to make it feel better :wink:

Yep, Luck_Bunny is right. Hori VX and Hori (RAP) VX SA are two different sticks. However, I don’t think you will be disappointed for $60. I actually bought my VX SA from NewEgg as well.

Is the difference just how to buttons and stick feel or is it reaction time as well? I’m fine with what I got for a beginner stick but would I be at a disadvantage if I took it to local tournaments?

Honestly, I would look in the Hori VX thread and get their opinion. There seem to be a ton of people happy with it. The biggest complaint is the fact that it is difficult to add different parts, since they did not use quick disconnects. Certainly not a bad stick for $60.

It really is more of a preference thing honestly and durability of the parts. Sanwa semitsu crown and the like are all arcade quality parts tried and tested while the Hori’s(entry level arcadesticks) are not. I love my VX

The only problem with the Hori VX parts is the durability. You may be able to get 6 months or more out of them and probably one or two buttons will fail. Once a button fails you will need to go through the trouble of desoldering all the buttons and using a dremel to widen the holes for installing Sanwa buttons and soldering wires and quick disconnects. The issues isn’t so much feel as durability of parts. I’ve never had to replace any Sanwa buttons in my sticks for mechanical reasons, usually just for aesthetic reasons.

I would have suggested the WWE Brawlstick for ease of upgrading in case of part failure.

The button holes are 30mm so Sanwa buttons would fit right in. I hope Hori makes an all Sanwa Addition of this stick with a metal base.

@LazyCheetah, I recommend replacing the joystick spring and micro switches with sanwa. It will feel like a slightly upgraded namco joystick.

I think you can enjoy the game by playing with another one as a partner for you.

In which case you might as well buy two Mad Catz V.S. fighting sticks and get the 2P “merger” set. At least there’s no question about the parts and compatibility with current systems if you take the TE Kitty route with 360 model V.S.'s. (Of course the TE Kitty’s – 2 if you’re so inclined – will push the price over $500 total unless you can find a website that actually gives a discount on the V.S. joysticks!)

You also don’t face the prospect of a hard artwork swap with the V.S. The HSS-0130 wasn’t made for easy art swaps.

I can’t see honestly dropping $300+ for a Saturn-era joystick and on top of that spending upwards $100-$150 minimum to get the sticks to work on everything besides the Saturn… They’re not all in great condition and you will more likely than not have to buy them from Japan sight-unseen (in person). Everybody has different definitions of “Excellent” condition to “Moderate” wear.

I got my stick in the mail yesterday and so far I love it. It makes UMvC feel less like a 360 game and actually like an arcade game. and woah! I’m able to execute moves so much better in SSF4AE.

In hindsight I almost wish I got one with 8 buttons, I can tell how it would make playing easier. I doubt I’ll do much modding to this one, I’m too noob for it to matter anyways. [I’m still arcading on medium hard trying to get my defense up in SF4]

The original X-Arcade adapters did indeed have a bit of lag, but we have since changed our adapters with the new 5in1 and 2in1 adapters which were beta tested by users on this forum. They are lagless.

As for being close together, the dual is, but the Tankstick has plenty of elbow room.

The joysticks in the X-Arcade are made more for casual classic gaming rather than fighting games specifically. You can easily drop in a HAPP competition however if you want to use it for fighting games.

Hope this helps clear some of this up.

Thanks for chiming in Jeremy. I try to stop this one from spreading.

@jeremy good to know, I’ll have to pick one up somewhere down the line. It’s nice to hear someone actually say the tank stick is roomy.

Ever considered making a stick that was compatible with Japanese parts?

It is possible to put a Sanwa JLF in the X-Arcade with a small modification. It may be 1/8th inch shorter than is put into a metal panel however.