- <Tr3nt> Trent (A Groove, Chang-Cammy-Nakoruru-Yuri)
- John (C Groove, Cammy-Rock-Geese)
- <GUINNESS> Alex J. (N Groove, Hibiki-Blanka… one more person?)
- Individual who wants nothing to do with Gainesville or the standings and asks me to respect that. :bluu:
- <Tr3nt> Trent (A Groove, Yuri/Nakoruru/Cammy… basically)
- <mixup, mike.m>Mike M. (P Groove, Balrog[claw]/Chun Li/Blanka and sometimes Cammy) yay p groove
- <GUINNESS> Alex J. (N Groove, Hibiki/Balrog[claw]/Blanka)
- Chetan (A Groove, Vega[dictator]/Rolento/Gouki)
Well, my first American tourney run. I guess I did okay, sorry to those who were dissapointed with the way things were done.
All in all though, I think it was okay. I think the singles turned out to be more fun for people than I expected, which I suppose is a good thing. If you guys want another one then let me know.
One thing we definately have to do though is NOT run MvC2 and CvS2 tourneys simultaneously, especially when people are entered in tourneys that are running simultaneously. For the next event here in Gainesville, I will talk to Justin about getting tourneys done in blocks - even if it takes up the same amount of time, there will be less fuss, more organization, and less stress on the organizer of respective tourney trying to get a player on MvC2 to play CvS2 (and vice versa). During the first few rounds it’s okay, but at and past quarter finals that shit gets way out of control. We don’t need people waiting a ridiculous amount of time to play and getting on my ass about something that I really wish I could do something about but can’t.
Well I hope everyone enjoyed themselves overall. Please give me constructive criticism/feedback on what you liked or didn’t (people who already expressed what they did not like need not rub it in my face, please, I did my best). Especially if you would like to run another Singles Event. … Oh and off topic, Trent lands that damn CC every single friggin time, even when people block it first, it’s unbelieveable. And Mike your Chun Li is annoying as (*&$, heh.
My next event I plan on doing a few things that I didn’t, such as Blind Character Selection. No one really told me about that until it was running (but thanks Van for telling about it though) and I kicked myself for not doing it already.
Anyway. fire away.