11 Tatsunoko Animes to Get Stateside Releases

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-07-04/sentai-filmworks-signs-deal-with-tatsunoko-production

Please note that this is still a bit preliminary, but it’s looking like many of the Tatsunoko characters that were featured in Tatsunoko vs Capcom will be getting official releases. Gatchaman and Casshern are among them.

Biggest news out of this is that the Samurai Pizza Cats are among the properties…

If I had known they were under the Tatsunoko banner, I would have been bitching online about them not having a rep in Tatsunoko vs Capcom.

Pizza Cats already has a perfect English version. No re-dub/re-sub, please.

The English dub of that show was originally made up from scratch. The original dubbers threw out the script and made it up because the original show’s humor was too Japanese.

Also, Discotek Media recently licensed Samurai Pizza Cat’s original version, Kyatto-Ninden Teyandee. It only has the original Japanese audio with English subtitles. Discotek Media will also re-release the dub version you’re familiar with, but at a later date.

The Pizza Cats were among the most requested characters to be added, but Tatsunoko strangely omitted them. Speed Racer was also bizarrely omitted, even though that show is known throughout the entire world.

I can understand omitting Speed Racer (Racer X might have been the only one they could easily convert to a fighting game character) but not adding one of the Pizza Cats but having a racist genie character that they wisely dropped in the upgraded version released internationally is criminal.

Hakushon Daimaou (the genie) was omitted due to a copyright dispute. His anime was originally shown only in Canada under the name “Bob the Magician.”

This anime was also aired in the Middle East without incident. No one complained at all.

But the thing is, very few people remember Kyatto-Ninden Teyandee because it was “just another kiddy anime”.
LOTS of people remember Samurai Pizza Cats because it was bloody ridiculous.

I wouldn’t mind seeing some of their “kiddy anime” again…

[details=Spoiler]

http://i.imgur.com/MkXKZQl.jpg

…also, no remake please.[/details]

G-Force, up in this bitch. MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

-Starhammer-