from vgchartz

Japan

PS3 - Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of the Two Worlds - 60000
X360 - Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of the Two Worlds - 11000

from famitsu

those 45,408 european copys must be sold to UK ppl
i only play vs UK ppl :x

What are the US numbers?

you need to come correct with a more reliable source.

Doesnt sound very impressive?

The european data is actually deceiving, as it’s a weekly data but ends up on the 19 (meaning it wasn’t actually a full week after release, I believe that’s only 1 day after release). US data is often added to vgchartz after two weeks from release, so probably by next week. Still, we would have to wait up to the third week before making assumptions.

Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds Sales (PS3) at gamrReview
Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds Sales (Xbox360) at gamrReview

it is when you combine both platforms. That’s the point of making multiplatform games right? more money?

Consider that those are also 1/2 days worth of purchases, not a full week. It came out on a friday in europe, so that’s sales for friday and saturday

Great point.

If we take into account 1st week sales form both asia and the emeaa (which does not constitute a full week) and add those totals to the pre-orders in the Americas alone, the total copies sold nearly reach 420,000.

Rather impressive

sales are looking bad…dunno if Capcom can even reach 2 million copies worldwide

XBOX 360

Week Americas Japan EMEAA
1 140,656 - 13,858 - 40,695
2 35,607 - 3,345 - 21,457

Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds Sales (Xbox360) at gamrReview

PS3

Week Americas Japan EMEAA
1 162,858 - 67,045 - 45,409
2 41,635 - 15,073 - 22,931

Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds Sales (PS3) at gamrReview

Less than SSF4

Super Street Fighter IV Sales (PS3) at gamrReview
Super Street Fighter IV Sales (Xbox360) at gamrReview

I was optimistic about the sales for MvC3. =(

I hope it reverts and sells more than SSF4 in one year, but I’m from the theory that DLC characters will hurt the sales in the long run.

Don’t use VGChartz for these things. Those are as accurate as Eventhubs.

Yeah, it’s a known fact that they basically make up numbers until they find more reliable sources to copy from.

MvC2 on PSN and Live still continues to sell. Still. It is still among the top ten of the best selling PSN games. I think with MvC3 it will be the same thing, but maybe on a smaller scale.

Every day someone discovers Marvel through a cartoon, movie, comic book or other and to me as a Marvel fan, it still seems that Capcom has still done the best by them regarding video games. Konami’s X-Men arcade game and Sega’s Spider-Man arcade game are huge exceptions lol! There’s a few more exceptions but moving on.

SSF4 on the other hand probably won’t continue to sell that much more than it has, or just not as much.

Of course comparing the sales of a DL game with a ten year history to a full on console game may not be the best way to go, but time will tell.

I love MvC2, SSF4 and MvC3 so no bias or anything.

I don’t really trust numbers this early but it seems like MvC3 is selling well at the very least.

They’ll sell more than a million copies no prob. Cause it’ll be another ten years b4 we get another game like this. Also, this isn’t counting the money they’ve gained from the costume packs.

If MvC2 had more than 70,000+ gamers buy it after 10 years, this game will undoubtedly sell even more than that.

the EMEAA/Japan numbers surprised me.

I predict a rather fierce drop off in sales once word gets out about the online mode in general

I seem to get alot of players from France…and weirdly, they all play the same way…spam with Sent, Magneto…anyone with beams