2 PCB's connected to the same joystick? possible?

Hi everyone,

I am thinking of placing an XBOX 360 PCB and PS1 PCB in my custom stick. Is it okay to have both sets of wires from the 360-PCB and PS1-PCB feed to the joystick (it’s a sanwa joystick if that matters)?

I don’t want to remove the PS1 PCB since I use it for PC and playstation.
I will only connecting one device at a time (ie. either the 360 or the playstation).

Thank you very much

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=146124

WTF? Is this a joke?

that isn’t the same situation, I’m planning to just simultaneously connect the wires for the D-pad from 360 and PS1 PCB’s. not an HRAP and PS1

As long as both of the pads are common ground, then you can find a solution in that thread. The entire thread is 17 pages about wiring multiple PCBs in all different kinds of configurations. Try reading it a bit.

what if I just disconnect all the wires feeding from the PS1 PCB (I cannot however remove the ones connecting to the joystick) and replace them with the 360 PCB?

Dear noob,
When faced in a technical problem, Tech Talk is here to help. Please follow these steps for a quick resolution:

1. Search for a thread to see if you can find help for your problem already written. If SRK search is wonky for any number of reasons, turn to ole’ reliable Google. Here, let me google that for you:
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=site%3Aforums.shoryuken.com+360+psx+dual+pcb&l=1
  2. If you can’t find one that applies, please read the stickie ‘Everything you need to know’ type threads to find the links to the helpful threads your search failed to find.
  3. If you still can’t find one that applies to your situation, ask the question in one of the stickie ‘Ask your noob question here’ type threads. They/we will answer, usually by posting a link to the thread you ignored or couldn’t find in steps 1 and 2.
  4. If you think your problem is similar to an existing thread, but doesn’t your particular aspect, please post up and ask in that thread.
  5. When directed to a thread by someone, they likely have actually read it, so instead of skimming and declaring like an ass that it doesn’t contain what you need, try taking the time to instead read the thread; the other person just may know something you don’t.
  6. There is no 6. Making a thread is not an option because your problems or what you think are problems have most certainly happened to other people and available for those who look.

Now time for FAQ’s:
Q: But it doesn’t contain what I need!
A: Yes, yes it does.

Q: But the thread is so long!
A: There’s a lot of good information in it.

Q: Could you just tell me what I need to know?
A: Yes, I could.

Q: Tell me!
A: No.

Q: You and the rest of SRK are a bunch of dicks!
A: Yes, yes we are. And the one thing you should learn damn quick is that SRK, and me specifically, help those who help themselves.