2012: New Soul Reaver Reboot Rumoured in Development at Crystal Dynamics!

Hey, here’s information on the rumoured New Soul Reaver Reboot.
(just me talking about the article)

[media=youtube]swKfJ997FvE[/media]

Article Reference: http://www.vg247.com/2012/03/20/rumour-crystal-dynamics-working-on-soul-reaver-reboot/

interesting…maybe now they can finish the Soul Reaver storyline properly rather than that clusterfuck of nightmare fuckups they did instead.

Yeah it did get a bit convoluted because they kept going back and adding story and time traveling. (I’m sure they meant Kain to be the absolute villian in Soul Reaver 1, no questions)
But that was the fun for me. I loved every minute.

But i can agree on some level, they’ve got time to plan everything now so hopefully we get a much more cohesive story.

i totally agree. All the games WERE fun, but Soul Reaver was a different game than Blood Omen, and when they started mixing storylines in the two games, and fucking retconning everything, I just gave up.

It will suck, because Tony Jay is dead.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

meh voice actors are a dime a dozen, and I won’t mind if we get a handful of minor characters and an elder god with new VA’s.

… are you serious right now?

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

Yea, the VAs are not a big deal. I just played Defiance recently and I don’t feel like that ending left that much more to do. I mean Raziel is IN the sword, so you’d only play Kain anyway. Retelling this story for a new audience is a great way to take this IMHO, as playing Defiance again reminded me that nostalgia is a bitch about hiding reality. Good gameplay, but HIGHLY flawed. Could stand for quite a few improvements, and based on what CD is doing with Tomb Raider, I have faith that the team can do this series justice.

I’m just wondering how the action will evolve. Having it fresh in my mind, combat was like…60% of Dante’s weapon master Rebellion movelist with a GoW type kill button to get life and telekinesis. Pretty bare bones. I wonder what they’d look to for inspiration. Maybe it’ll be something like Ninja Gaiden (NOT NG3 lol) or God of War…needless to say, I"m very interested.

I approve a ‘reboot’ so long as they don’t stray from the formulatoo much.

• :bluu:

They will just reboot it, make Razael even more emo, have him have white hair and have the walls try to kill him.

Shouldn’t you be off somewhere giving advice on how to fictitiously bag white chicks?

Tony Jay was always a big deal.

Yawn

Lame nigga is lame.

Anyway, to your “point”, Defiance came out in 2003. When franchises go 10 years without a new iteration, if a new one is decided on, the point is for it to be fresh. Nevermind the fact that the dude is dead. Wanting him back is doubly moot, dumbass.

:rofl:

I’m the lame one?

Stay mad, son. Go back into hiding for another 3 years.

Yea, you are.

Hiding? I have been heavier in the fighting game scene so I came back to see IF you niggas are still lame. YOU are, clearly. Say what you want now, because there’s really nothing any of you idiots who would still attempt to be funny at my expense can say that I wouldn’t laugh at. You’re a bitch behind a computer. Inb4ethuggin. I was at Final Round last year and then Powerup here where I live the following month. Any of you know what I look like, but I DON’T know what you look like. For sure some of you recognized me. Who had ANY shit to say to me? Nobody.

Make 5+ year old joke behind internet anonymity. Sure, many people do that. But to then not have the stones to say anything when you actually see the nigga? Yea, you, and any like you are lame. As fuck.

Good to see SRK has all the maturity of a 3rd grade afternoon recess. lol

SRK Lounge: I heard rumors that RockB was Scatman John

:rofl:

Fraudulent dude’s mad because of something that was entirely his own fault.

Don’t want to derail the thread anymore, so I’ll bow out of this discussion.

Elder God better be someone who at least sounds somewhat like Jay fingers crossed

Facebook is serious bidniz.

hahahah stay free son stay free.

:rofl: You can’t read? Apparently. Cuz like I said, it’s pretty much the opposite. There’s really nothing you can say anymore because it looks pathetic to me. Because if you, or Snaaake, however many As are in that bitches name, or whoever wanted to really man up and say this shit, you would have done it when I was in the same room with you.

You didn’t. Bitch made. /story

Back to Soul Reaver.

More like MYSPACE.

[media=youtube]WS0Ks_ph5go[/media]

RIP, Tony! RIP :shake:

Tony Jay is the Elder God.