2015 SRK Tech Talk Awards

2015 New Arcade Stick(Non-Custom) of the Year - Jasen’s Customs, PFS 2.0
2015 Arcade Stick Revision of the Year - Hori Real Arcade Pro. 4 Premium VLX for PlayStation 4
2015 Arcade Stick Mod of the Year - TBD
2015 Tech Talk Company of the Year - Paradise Arcade
2015 Custom Arcade Stick of the Year - B15SDM Soundwave Stick
2015 Custom Arcade Stick Maker of the Year - Souji Sticks
2015 Arcade Stick Modder of the Year - @FrankCastleAZ
2015 Tech Talk Member of the Year - TBD
2015 Tech Talk Accessory of the Year (PCBs, Parts, Bags, etc.) Paradise Arcade OBS-MX
2015 Tech Talk Rookie of the Year - @dponwakeup

@manbehindthewires Thanks dude, I appreciate the nomination. Wasn’t able to be as active this year as I overloaded myself with coursework, next semester that should be sorted out. Even with the work I’ve had, parts have been accumulating and plans are still in the works for several new sticks. I’ve been in communication with @Epi on and off (as a sort of technical advisor), he’s just as busy at the moment, but he definitely has some cool projects in planning and prototyping.

Nominations this year are tricky, off to dig through the archives!

I added souji, @d3v I thought he was no longer eligible so I was nominating the seven band rotating led equalizer and beats pill mod :slight_smile:

Well, there haven’t been any complaints about him and it seems he’s back to building customs again.

FINAL VOTES DONE

2015 New Arcade Stick(Non-Custom) of the Year
no votes

2015 Arcade Stick Revision of the Year
HORI Real Arcade Pro. 4 Premium VLX for PS4

2015 Arcade Stick Mod of the Year
Can I vote my own lol #shameless

2015 Tech Talk Company of the Year
ArcadeShock for making great exclusive items with Sanwa Denshi and bringing import items to the mainland.

2015 Custom Arcade Stick of the Year
@deserada 's thing

2015 Custom Arcade Stick Maker of the Year
tito @jonyfraze

2015 Arcade Stick Modder of the Year
no votes

2015 Tech Talk Member of the Year
@Moonchilde for the sole reason of keeping the Tech Talk Facebook group maintained. It’s a good source for information as well as conversations.

2015 Tech Talk Accessory of the Year (PCBs, Parts, Bags, etc.)
Paradise OBS-MX

2015 Tech Talk Rookie of the Year
@dponwakeup

2015 Artwork of the Year
Nominating mine again. #sueme

That sounds so lewd.

Can we add a fighting game controller category?

I think with the PDP MKX Pad and the Hori FC4, that’s more than enough to vote over.

2015 New Arcade Stick(Non-Custom) of the Year -TBD
2015 Arcade Stick Revision of the Year - Hori Real Arcade Pro 4 Premium VLX
2015 Arcade Stick Mod of the Year -TBD
2015 Tech Talk Company of the Year - Paradise Arcade
2015 Custom Arcade Stick of the Year - B15SDM Soundwave
2015 Custom Arcade Stick Maker of the Year - @b15sdm
2015 Arcade Stick Modder of the Year -TBD
2015 Tech Talk Member of the Year - TBD
2015 Tech Talk Accessory of the Year (PCBs, Parts, Bags, etc.) - Paradise Arcade OBS-MX
2015 Tech Talk Rookie of the Year- TBD

snip

Updated, see this post.

I added my vote for member and moved the soundwave :slight_smile:
@hibachifinal yes, it deserves it :slight_smile:

My placeholders for now (direct links to come later)

2015 New Arcade Stick (Non-Custom) of the Year

2015 Arcade Stick Revision of the Year
Hori HRAP VLX PS4 - There’s pretty much no other choice here. :slight_smile:

2015 Arcade Stick Mod of the Year

2015 Tech Talk Company of the Year

2015 Custom Arcade Stick of the Year
@b15sdm Soundwave stick - Combines way too much awesomeness: lights, sounds, detail, Transformers.

2015 Custom Arcade Stick Maker of the Year
@jonyfraze - His drawer-cabs, standalone single-player mini Vewlix, and his “Barlix” get my nomination here.

2015 Arcade Stick Modder of the Year

2015 Tech Talk Member of the Year
@PresidentCamacho - Wanted to vote for him as Rookie of the Year last year, but definitely deserving of just “Member of the Year” this year.

2015 Tech Talk Accessory of the Year(PCBs, Parts, Bags, etc.)

2015 Tech Talk Rookie of the Year

Am I the reason almost everyone’s 2015 Tech Talk Member of the Year is empty

@Darksakul I heard @vicko is nominating you :slight_smile:

Fine, I am Nominating Vicko 2015 Tech Talk Member of the Year. No Joke, I am serious.
He does alot what I do minus all the anger and rage for how stupid people are.

Couldn’t have said it better myself rofl

Added Mod of the Year, Artist, and Accessory.

I don’t have much of a presence here in TT, but I’m going to vote for Brook for company and their line of superconverters for accessory.

Well you do drop by once in a while and you are on SRK for 9 years, so you are welcomed here as fair as I am concern.

Much appreciated :tup:. Given my renewed interest in fighting games and my aspiration to do a custom (or at least a mod) at some point, you can be sure I’ll be reading and occasionally posting. You guys have a cool sub-community going on in here.

2015 New Arcade Stick(Non-Custom) of the Year - I’ll vote here if I need to.

2015 Arcade Stick Revision of the Year - 2015 Hori VLX PS4/PS3. These are just cool looking sticks. Glad they came back for this generation.

2015 Arcade Stick Mod of the Year - I’ll have to dig around and look.

2015 Tech Talk Company of the Year - I want to go out of comfort zone here and vote for Arcade Shock because of the pull they have with Hori convincing them to release a new VLX and the tremendous amounts of licensed items they brought out, but I am going to go with Paradise Arcade Shop. Why? They brought out a lot of neat things this year: OBS-MX, Kaimana Mini and by extension of believing in the value add and stocking it in their store Kaimana Khameleon, the Pink (or Rose depending on what site you look at) iL joysticks, etc. When it comes to parts they go all in and create markets other shops seem to follow.

2015 Custom Arcade Stick of the Year - I’ll have to dig around and look.

2015 Custom Arcade Stick Maker of the Year - I’ll have to dig around and look.

2015 Arcade Stick Modder of the Year - @Gummo, but only by a slim margin over @Vicko. Both awesome guys and modders. I had the opportunity to share a spot with them at SCR2015 and both are great at what they do. The GIMP design Gummo did nudged it in his favor. It is a product he and many modders use, not for public consumption/sale, and he’s OK with it. He’s very humble about the work he does and shares a lot of information with the community, building a master race of modders, that with some time can do what he does cutting into his livelihood.

2015 Tech Talk Member of the Year - @Vicko. Just because he’s the best grammar hound around and a great modder to boot :slight_smile:

2015 Tech Talk Accessory of the Year (PCBs, Parts, Bags, etc.) - BROOK PS3/PS4 PCB, but again by a slim margin because they are the first real commercially available PCB for custom sticks or upgrades and were badly needed. The OBS-MXs by Paradise really pushed the envelope with what a shop can do if they are willing to invest in themselves and the community and assume some risk; that is noteworthy on its own. The GamerFingers are cool in the fact they use mechanical switches, but that design choice was so bad. The fact I can upgrade a Sanwa with mechanicals and use my existing stuff is great for a couple of bucks is great.

2015 Tech Talk Rookie of the Year - @JRDIBBS because he is eligible and has stepped in as a regular when other ROTYs got busy with school :slight_smile: