3/28 - Ewing,NJ (TCNJ) - SUDAKARE!

Hope you’re all not too tired from Final Round for:

SUDAKARE!
Saturday March 28th, 2009
Brower Student Center Cafe (Campus Map)
The College of New Jersey
2000 Pennington Road Ewing, NJ 08628-0718

$5 venue fee. Waived with setup(TV, System, Game)
$10 per tournament

Games/Times
Guilty Gear Accent Core (PS2):
Registration @ 12pm, Start time @ 1pm

Soul Calibur IV (Xbox 360):
Registration @ 1:30pm, Start time @ 2:30pm

Super Smash Bros Brawl (Wii):
Registration @ 3:00pm, Start time @ 4pm

(Depending on the number of participants, times may change, but all will be notified WAY before hand)

GENERAL GAME RULES
Button mapping is allowed. However, you still cannot string multiple button inputs to one button (no PPP or KKK to LT or R2 for instance) unless otherwise specified (Setting Burst or RC to one button for GG is a-ok).
This is a B.Y.O.C (Bring your own controller) event. TCNJ or any of the Sudakare staff is not responsible for any damaged or lost property and will not be supplying controllers! Also, if you bring setups, we are not responsible in the event of stolen or defective property.

SPECIFIC GAME RULES

Guilty Gear Accent Core

No ex, gold, shadow, or any other alternate characters allowed.
Button mapping for RC, Burst etc allowed.
Winner keeps the same character and the losers can change characters.
Matches: 3 rounds each.
Best of 3 matches advances, double elim

Soul Calibur 4

Xbox 360 (May change if we can get more PS3s)
US Version
No Bonus Chars Allowed
No Custom Chars
Random Stage Select ONLY
Winner keeps the same character. The loser can choose a new character.
Default Damage
Default Time
Buttom Mapping Allowed
Camera altering glitches banned

Super Smash Bros Brawl

Best of 3 matches. Double elim
3 stock, 7 minute time limit
No custom stages
Default control schemes (GC, Wiimote, Wiimote + Nunchuck) are allowed
MetaKnight glitch is banned

Neutrals:
FD
Battlefield
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi’s

Counter picks:
Delfino Plaze
Halberd
Castle Siege
Brinstar
Pokemon Stadium 1
Rainbow Cruise
Frigate Orpheon

(Explaination)
After the first game, each player picks a stage to ban from counter picking ffor the rest of the set. The loser of game one announces a stage selection from either list that wasn’t a ban choice. The winner of game on picks their character, then the loser may switch. If the loser of game one elects to go random, from the 5 neutrals, the winner must stay their character. Loser may switch. (from Diem)

Street Fighter IV

Winner keeps same character, loser can change character.
All characters legal.
Default time

SETUPS
Due to not being able to secure enough setups for various games, I will be waiving the venue fees for those who bring setups that we use. For instance, if you have a setup for SFIV and we already have reached our max amount of setups, your venue fee will not be waived. However, as I would like to have as many setups as possible for every game, this may not be such a problem. Still, come early to guarantee your setup.

There will be side events going on (miscellaneous games such as Mario Kart and DDR) and I’m looking to fit in areas for casual play for tournament games as well as others (MvC2, SF3, CVS2, etc).

BUT, that all depends on how many setups we get, so if you want to see more games at SUDKARE, it’s up to you to help out with setups.

Remember, if you bring a setup, the venue fee is WAIVED. **
More setups = smoother & faster tournaments as well as extra games and you save a little. It’s a win/win.

GENERAL RULES

If you are playing in multiple games you need to notify an organizer when you are about to play in another game, so they can skip your match on the brackets and come back to you after you completed the other tournament match.

Also once the tournament starts you are responsible for knowing when your next match will come up. If you have to go for a food or bathroom break, then notify the judge at your station. The judge should be able to tell you when your next game will be and how long you have before your next match up. Being excessively late for your match can result in DQ, especially if we?re short on time!
No horseplay or anything like that. Keep in line or you will have to deal with campus security

Please arrive on time, tournaments will not be delayed for late comers

No modded controllers, turbo buttons or any of that nonsense. Cheating of any kind will be an automatic DQ.

NO MONEY MATCHES!!! We cannot have any money matches going on at Sudakare. If anyone is caught doing them, we will be shut down!

**PARKING: **

Parking is available in lots 3, 4, 5, and 6 of the TCNJ Campus. However, overnight parking requires a visitor pass which can be obtained via campus Police in the Administrative Services Building. They can be reached at (609) 771-2167. If you are planning to stay overnight (or even late) it is advised to plan early and get a pass as without one, you are subject to a ticketing violation.
(Campus Map)

PRIZES
As TCNJ is a college campus, we can’t give out cash prizes and we can’t have any money matches on the side. So the prizes for each tournament are:

1st Place: $75 Amazon gift card (Buy your own damn prize )
2nd Place: $25 Ebgames gift card
3rd Place: An official Sudakare T-Shirt!

We are limiting pre-registration via the internet so please, pre-reg ASAP

Parking is available in lots 4, 5, and 6 of the TCNJ Campus.

GET HYPE!!!

Pre-Registration!!!**

**GGAC

1. Joey Crack

SCIV

Brawl

SFIV

1. Joey Crack

3.**

Updated 12/20/08

Tweaked certain rules, added setup and additional game information.

3s?? :confused:

ill go

I do not plan for a 3rd strike tournament. However, if you’d like to bring a copy of the game for play in between tournaments that’s fine, just let a judge or a staff member know. HOWEVER, once the tournaments start we will not be having any of the side games going on, I do not want any delays at all.

On another note: We need systems and games for SCIV, GG, and SFIV

ill try and come for Guilty gear and street fighter

no marvel?

ill supply a copy nd setup for ggac

I would love to run some Marvel, but with no dreamcasts to rely on and the rarity of the ps2 port, I can’t get anything going.

I just found out about this while at BCC, so i’ll definetly come.

hopefully i’ll be good enough at SF4 by then, might enter GG and Brawl too.

I’ll definetly be there though, also if needed I can bring a 360, figure that’s covered though.

for sf4 rules, u should add that gouken nd seth not allowed. just a heads up.

There will be side events going on (miscellaneous games such as Mario Kart and DDR) and I’m looking to fit in areas for casual play of the tournament games as well as others (MvC2, SF3).

BUT, that all depends on how many setups we get, so if you want to see more games at SUDKARE, it’s up to you to help out with setups.

Remember, if you bring a setup, the venue fee is WAIVED.

GET HYPE!

This is just close enough that I’ll be thinking of going but just far enough that I probably won’t.

If I came, I could bring a 360 and a TV. I would also have SC4, SF4, and 1 Hori EX2 stick for 360.

So we have to pay for the tournaments we enter and pay a venue fee and no cash prizes??? :tdown:

School policy. I can’t give cash out as it’s considered gambling.

Don’t wanna pay the venue fee? Bring a setup. Fee gets waived and we can run tournaments faster and more efficiently. Plus the more setups, the more room for casuals and other games.

Then where is all the money going? Plus it’s not like it would be that difficult to do something like “Winners meet me at [closest fast food place off campus]!” afterwards.

You go to BCC? Where at in Jersey are you?

How is a cash prize considered gambling? :looney::looney::looney:

So who gets the money?

Because the Powers That Be (deans, those in high positions) are old and out of touch.

The money goes directly to The Japanese Club as they are the “host” of the event. They asked me to run this as I mentioned I have played in tournaments in the past and know how they work.

The plan is to make this a successful event so we can run one every year and bring some more competition to the area.

If it ends up being only 360 then will you provide sticks? Or will it be standard 360 controllers?