3rd Annual End of Summer Tournament! SC4/SF4/BB/MBAA/KoFXII Chicago September 6

Ok so I have some of the things done and somewhat of a schedule set up for this.

I can do all the brackets and all the work and handle it quite nice.

Winning Date - Sunday, September 6, 2009!

Tournament Info:

Time: Noon - Til whenever we finish

**Fees: $5 for venue, It helps me in buying everyone drinks and chips and snacks. I have a fridge and coolers in the Garage so everything stays cold, since I know it will be hot, it also helps in buying some of the meats I will get for the BBQ that will be going on at this event.

All Tournaments will be $5 unless the players want to vote for a higher Fee.

All Tournament Splits will be 60/30/10, Full money from the Tournament Fee will go to the respected Pot Splits, I will not be taking any money out.**

**Main Tournaments:

Soul Calibur 4 - PS3

Street Fighter 4 - PS3

Blazblue - PS3**

**Guaranteed Side Tournaments:

King of Fighters XII - PS3

Melty Blood: Actress Again - PS2**

**Side Tournaments (These are not guaranteed to happen, but are a possibility if enough people want to play them at the event):

Tatsunoko vs Capcom - WII
Naruto - Which game will be voted on by the players there. - WII
Mario Kart Wii - WII**

Tournament Rules!

Soul Calibur 4 on Playstation 3 System

Rules

Double Elimination
3/5 Rounds
2/3 Matches for all sets leading to the finals
3/5 Matches for Winner’s, Loser’s, and Grand Finals
Winner keeps the same character. The loser can choose a new character or stage…NEVER BOTH
Custom Characters are Banned! Everyone else is Legal!

Street Fighter 4 on Playstation 3 System

Rules

Double Elimination
2/3 Rounds
2/3 Matches for all Sets leading to the Finals
Winner keeps the same character. The loser can choose a new character
All Characters are allowed

Blazblue on Playstation 3 System

Rules

Double Elimination
2/3 Rounds
2/3 Matches for all Sets leading to the Finals
Winner keeps the same character. The loser can choose a new character
All Unlimited Characters are BANNED

I will be using the entire Basement again like the last few times, but this time I will also be using the Garage, since it has been cleared out, so now I have more room for set ups. I will also be using the yard later in the afternoon when there is shade and I can set up some games there as well.

**Tournament Schedule!

Main Games

12PM - Blazblue (In Basement)

3PM - Street Fighter 4 (In Basement)

4PM - Soul Calibur 4 (In Garage)**

**Side Tournaments

12PM - King of Fighters XII (In Basement)

1PM - Mario Kart Wii (In Garage)

4PM - Melty Blood: Actress Again (In Garage)**

**Other Side Tournaments

If enough people have interest we will run them in the Garage:

Naruto
Tatsunoko vs Capcom**

We will probably be having a BBQ at the same time like we did last year, so if you want to bring anything to grill, you are welcome to.

For everyone showing up, if you can bring a Set Up for this, it would be greatly appreciate it. We will need set ups to run these events. I have at least 2-3 Set Ups, for the Main Games, but if we can get a few more it would be great, cause it will help run things a lot smoother.

I know I use to run Smash at these End of Summer events, but I will be doing it on the other day that you guys vote on. So one of those dates will be to run this event, and the other to run Smash, cause I know I can not run this event with Smash, cause it will bring way too many players that I can hold here.

Last year we had over 50+ people here from all over the Midwest to play in Smash and SC4. I want to see if I can get a good showing again. I don’t expect a very big showing like last year’s but if we can get a good amount of people here to play games it would be a great event and I nice way to End the Summer, with a tournament! :slight_smile:

Hope to see you guys and hopefully we get a nice showing. I might be able to stream stuff, since I do have WiFi at my place and all that stuff. :slight_smile:

Link to Results of Last Year’s End of Summer Tournament!

Ill be there!

melty?

Will it be out by then?

I don’t know. If the game is out and you guys want to play it, since I am using more room this time unlike last time. I can run it. But I don’t have a copy of the game, so people will need to bring that game.

I notice it comes out next week.

If you guys want to play it, I can add it to the list. I am sure I can run it outside. So as long as you guys can bring the game. I will run it. :slight_smile:

P.S… Syxx… your avatar… oh dear lord… reminds me of Brian… Jmoney knows what I mean. Inside Joke. XD

I vote for the one ona Saturday.

Also Anyone down for $2 mahvel/CVS2 tourneys winner take all?:wonder:

-Frankie :cool:

Saturday got my vote. I got work on monday at 6am so no Sunday for me.

I’ll run KofXII. Im pretty sure people would be interested in it.

Arturo, I know they will. Which is why I added it to the Side Tournament. I know you brought over CvS2 last year and was playing with other people. Many people here on the side side play KoF, so I know they’ll show up.

I can set up stations out side in the garage and we can run some of the side tournaments like KoFXII and MBAA. I’ll work on a schedule for everything soon.

Sounds like a good time, I’d vote for the Saturday date…

whatever day it doesn’t rain

Webster, that is why you need to pick up a book more often… =p I keed I keed… ;D

Smash is going to be on a completely different day.

It looks like Smash will be the following weekend. I already talked to a few smashers about it and they are ok with it. I don’t want to overcrowd my place like last year, so that is why I am giving Smash a different day. The locals are ok with the 19th or 26th, so I don’t have to worry about it.

I would have done this on the 5th, but I have a weeding to go to, which is why I said Sunday the 6th, cause it is still during the Labor Day weekend. But I figure some would just not come on a Sunday, so I added Saturday the 12th as a possible day.

MBAA…BB…

This is a big maybe.

I’ll run side tourneys. TvC and KoFXII if Bombchivo needs some help.

I am just going to clarify in case people do not know.

The first day in the Poll is a Sundaythe second day is a Saturday.

I hope people are not getting confused and voting the first one cause they think it is also on a Saturday. Just wanted to clarify that.

Josh MM me in TVC here! I’ll use my new team against ya!:wonder:

Yeah Webster You Need To Talk To MadWak, In Fact, MadWak You Betta Come Man!!! It’s Not Like You Have Anything Else To Do!!! LOL Just Playing, But I Betta See All Ya’ll Out There…

And Also I Suggest Naruto Ex3 Be Banned From The Tourney…:arazz:

Rules for the 3 Main Games have been Updated! :slight_smile:

Cool. I’ll be there Miguel.

Voting from all the sites have been added…

The Results:

Sunday September 6 - 1 + 1 + 8 + 1 = 11
Saturday September 12 - 2 + 6 = 8
Either Day is fine with me - 3 + 5 = 8

Winning Date - Sunday, September 6, 2009!

Ok So everyone the date has been voted on and hopefully I can see you guys here in a 2 weeks. I will work on a Tournament Schedule now and have that ready by tonight. :slight_smile:

I might be able to set up a Stream, at my place, so we might have some Live Feed for the first time at the End of Summer tournament! :slight_smile:

I also edited the Main Page with the Rules for all the Main Games I will add the Rules for the Guaranteed Side Tournaments later today.

Mike can I stay @ your place Saturday night if need be?:wonder: