3rd strike using my T.E

it’s been a while since i have posted on here and i have (what i think is a good question.)
i have the anniversary collection on ps2, my ps3 will play it but i cannot use my round two stick. anyone know of a way to use that instead of my controller? i would much rather use that instead of the controller. any ideas? thanks ya’ll.

you can use your TE on your bc PS3 if it was modded with a ChImp(I know because I play PS2 games on my 60GB).

did you get that thing I sent you? :stuck_out_tongue:

yea i got it i just don’t know what chip i would need. man! i want to play third strike with my round 2!

He said Chimp, not chip. It is a custom PCB. TEs (aside from the Chunli edition?) will not do backwards compatible modes on PS3.

http://shoryuken.com/f177/official-cthulhu-chimp-thread-try-our-new-dreamcast-flavor-162026/

are they hard to install? this would be the first technical mod done to one of my te’s.
just don’t want to screw it up.

Chun-Li does BC?

Fuck I’m about to test that right now.

I just tried my 60 with SFAC and no go.

Like all Mad Catz FightStick for PlayStation 3, the Chun-Li TE “S” does not do Backwards Compatible.
What the Chun-Li TE “S” can do that other PlayStation 3 FightStick cannot, is work 100% on PC.

So if I have a PS3 TE, I just need to replace the PCB with a Cthulhu (MC if I want to add GC (TvC woot) or other older systems) to use it with SF Anniversary and other PS2 BCness right? The CHIMP (Cthulhu + Imp) is for 360 versions to do both 360 and PS3?

Tech Talk has spoken.