3s New Player FAQ // Directions -- START HERE

Really? Hmmm…I played around with the replay feature and it seemed to only ruin the recording whenever the actual fight was paused and unpaused. Then the playback would play fine until the point that the fight was paused, then the characters would just stand still until the time ran out. Basically becoming a waste of a replay.

If anything i’ll check it out sometime again to double check, but yeah if there could be some sort of emphasis on why it’s untrue, that would help me out. :wonder:

Because it’s been said a million times that it’s fucked in the US version… It’s never worked when I tried it either…

Ah I see. :wonder:

Why would both DC versions differ btw? Just asking because I’m usually using that to practice. Aren’t they the same ports but translated.

Does anything talked about here apply to say… the JP version of 3rd Strike on PS2? I’m a bit paranoid now :o

You mean the replay stuff? No, that’s fine in the Japanese version of the game.

Why is this thread suddenly about which version is best?

Yeh why?

Give em the easy way out, huh Epsilon :). I say learn Urien if you want to increase your self esteem and position in life.

What are Tourny Settings in terms of System Direction? I’m pretty sure they’re the “normal” and not original. Is this correct?

that matchup chart, where did u get it thong? Keep us upto date if u get it personally, otherwise post the link!

Hi i’m looking to start playing 3s, I just dunno what character to learn first?
I hear yun, chun, and ken are top tiers.
I was looking to learn a good poke character, like twelve until i heard he was bottom tier. any ideas on a good starting character

Start the one you want to play with, that’s all what’s important really.

chun li is the best poke character in the game.

Ken is pretty good too…
though not as gifted as chun, he can link into super through many of his pokes easily…
but dont jump on the bandwagon… pick whoever you find interesting and cool

For the love of all that is sane and good do not pick Chun Li or Ken. The world has seen enough Ken v Ken, Ken v Chun, and Chun v Chun matches that it’s become a sad, sick joke.

that mentality doesn’t help anyone. don’t preach your personal opinion onto others

Something I try sometimes (even now) is arrograntly trying to land a move on someone repeatedly even though they won’t let me. For example, lets say I want to walk up to someone with Ken and just do a light dragon. The learning curve is getting around all the counters and stuff that the opponent is doing to stop me from doing that dragon. Like maybe they’ll start out with max range sweep. So first I have to learn to bait or parry that. Once thats done, they might start throwing out high pokes once I get past their max sweep range. So then I might try and high parry or counter poke to stop them. And so on and so on. Granted - if your opponent is good you’ll most probably NEVER get that dragon, but you’ve learnt A LOT about the system mechanics while trying to land it.

This sort of thing mainly followed on from my endless attempts to land Raging Demons on people. I’ve learnt so many OTHER things while trying to get that, I hardly bother with the actual demons anymore - I just use the fear of it to bait out all the counter pokes or jump away attempts.

I sweep people that don’t block:P

I pretty much said to pick whatever you want to play because of what EVIL5150 stated. But it isn’t the fact people have seen Ken v Ken, Chun v Chun or Ken v Chun too much already. It’s moreover because everyone ‘knows’ Ken/Chun and then find out they don’t know jack when they face off vs anyone that actually has these chars as their main.

Don’t get me wrong, Ken and Chun are by far the easiest and safest characters to get into, but to play anything real with them is just a different story. This simply means that when it comes down to actual match play you should get into what you are comfortable with and not what’s ‘supposed to be the better character of the game’.