3s - Urien

urien

3rd Stike: Urien

pretend i said all that first post fanboy shit already (why this character is best for 100 reasons, self flattery; “oh i was on SRK and couldn’t find urien threads, so i made one! i’m so smartey!!!”, and the beginning line cliche, “get the ball rolling, start us off on the right foot”)

who saw tokido vs watson? what was that midscreen aegis setup? it was vs yun and tokido started it with d. fierce (2 hits), ex headbutt (2 hits), d. fierce(1 hit)XXjab(?) aegis, then he jumped over

share any and all sweet urien tricks here, you know what to do

Shhhh! The other seven Urien players in the world don’t want you spreading the secrets! No one is supposed to know how good Urien is! KEEP THAT SHIT ON THE DL!

I’m going to be really pissed if there’s suddenly 60 Urien players after Evo, when there were literally 8 before. Friggin’ Bandwagoners are gonna make me switch to Oro or some shite.

N

Everyone and their grandmas play Urien in Europe.

That was my first time ever seeing top level 3S play.
Anyway, on the other side of the Aegis Reflector he Chariot Tackled someone like 6 times and after it was gone he did like 3-4 more. WTF? How the fuck can you charge like that?

Please everyone pick up Urien. don’t even think of touching 12…
12 = top-tier

haha niles, it doesn’t matter though, 3rd strike is so old i don’t give a shit if everyone apes urien now

some corner juggling properties i’ve found: you can hit chun-li, makoto, alex (really hard though), and ibuki with a jab fireball in the corner after a ducking fierce and short shoulder

some strategies: standing fierce, toward fierce, and my favorite ducking fierce :smiley: (yeah yeah the cvs2 joke is old, but oh well) low forward is a really good one too

has anyone else mastered walking behind a jumping opponent and launching them? that is my favorite strat of all time :slight_smile: although this doesn’t work on characters with cross-ups, like ken, ryu, and elena :frowning:

when an opponent jumps i usually wait for them to get within the range of my ducking fierce, and i switch up between when i hit it, but tokido immediately fires off metallic spheres, so maybe that’s better, dunno, i’ll have to try it

how do you guys handle a tricky akuma that can teleport consistently? i usually switch to tryrant punish and wait until i can counter a sweep or hurricane kick

3rd Stike: Urien

Well you can count on me to inhabit this thread like an annoying tick. After Jumping over, Tokido PROBABLY did j.roundhouse and/or alternated with something else to throw off parrying, I’m betting it was j. MK. I have never had a lot of success doing this setup #1 because I find cancelling the fierce monstrously hard to do consistently since each character falls differently and besides it’s a hard cancel. Call me skill-less. #2: Even when I get off the cancel, the ensuing part; land, c.mp, c.mk x 3, ex dash rarely hit. Definitely a skill set up.

I discovered something useful today actually! It’s been so long. Every Urien player knows that if you parry an incoming j. attack, your best bet is s.MP because it’s safe and c.FP is iffy. Try this: Parry, s.MP antiair, cancel using negative edge into MP reflector, opponent bounces off reflector, hit him with RH shoulder charge, EX shoulder charge. Copyright Adverse. ;0 The cancel is hard to get off consistently but I’m still working on it.

Top tier in 3s: Urien, Remy, Twelve. :))))))))))

-Sk!

Edit: Wow, 3 Urien players in so-cal, we should have a congress or something.

Re: 3rd Stike: Urien

hey man! feel free to stop by here anytime :slight_smile:

yeah tokido jumped over but was able to attack the other way on the way down, how do you do that? a bloody hard setup i must say, i can’t hit elena or chun li with ex headbutts after i launch :bluu:

that new anti-air sounds sweet! do you have to jump backward to shoulder charge after they bounce off they mirror?

my main strategy with urien revovles around dashing in and low forward or throwing :stuck_out_tongue: if that doesn’t work, then i’m in trouble and i start doing stupid shit like jumping

i love urien’s ground game on a rising opponent, he’s got so many options :slight_smile: he can overhead, sweep, throw, parry, or just block! too good :slight_smile:

my 3s top tier: Urien, Hugo, Oro, Q, 12 :smiley:

yeah haha 3 urien players in socal is about right, we should meet up at ucla or a gamezonex tournament

oh yeah almost forgot to mention i own tokido’s urien :wink:

Re: Re: 3rd Stike: Urien

[quote]
*Originally posted by Rockefeller *
**hey man! feel free to stop by here anytime :slight_smile:

yeah tokido jumped over but was able to attack the other way on the way down, how do you do that? a bloody hard setup i must say, i can’t hit elena or chun li with ex headbutts after i launch :bluu:>>

When you jump over, you automatically change directions in mid-jump provided you hit RH after you crossover. This has something to do with them recovering from a normal attack in mid-air I believe.

<<that new anti-air sounds sweet! do you have to jump backward to shoulder charge after they bounce off they mirror?>>

Hmm…no? I dunno if you’re seeing this right. You parry f.e. Ken’s j. RH as he’s coming in, you hit s.MP, cancel into MP reflector, Ken bounces back onto the reflector and bounces away from you, this is when you with the shoulder ram. It might even be possible to hit with a RH knee drop. :slight_smile:

<<my main strategy with urien revoles around dashing in and low forward or throwing :stuck_out_tongue: if that doesn’t work, then i’m in trouble and i start doing stupid shit like jumping>>

Haha nice…I heard you do standing jab anti-air, that’s some good shit, just hearing about it helped me beat some of the players over here.

<<i love urien’s ground game on a rising opponent, he’s got so many options :slight_smile: he can overhead, sweep, throw, parry, or just block! too good :)>>

Too bad none of his overheads combo :(. It’d be nice if he had a command grab too. ::Prays at Capcom altar::

<<my 3s top tier: Urien, Hugo, Oro, Q, 12 :D>>

Nice! I saw some 1337 shit with Q in Japan the other day. Command grab, EX rush punch, CROUCH roundhouse. Normally people do s.RH into taunt or some such. C. roundhouse sets you up for Q sweeping you or command grabbing you. If you try to jump away, his sweep hits you, if you try anything else you’re probably getting thrown. I can’t remember if I rolled or not…the c.rh makes you land at a weird time so I wasn’t able to roll as consistently as I normally do. Wish I coulda fought that Q some more, he was great.

<<yeah haha 3 urien players in socal is about right, we should meet up at ucla or a gamezonex tourmanet

oh yeah almost forgot to mention i own tokido’s urien :wink: >>

I played at the first gamezone tourney, got 7th and then 9th at the next one. Were you there? I only got 7th cuz I robbed Niles of the stool (we are TALL), rockefeller are you tall? If you’re tall, we’re like…a gang now.

-Sk!

<<I played at the first gamezone tourney, got 7th and then 9th at the next one. Were you there? I only got 7th cuz I robbed Niles of the stool (we are TALL), rockefeller are you tall? If you’re tall, we’re like…a gang now. >>

Haha, nah, I get bad mojo from doing same-character matches anyway.

And yeah, he’s tall enough. Now we all have to lift weights 24/7 and get ripped so we look like Urien team!

N

hahaha :lol: god damn it that is some bloody good shite

gamezonex needs to have a 3s team tournament! which begs the question: what color do you claim, adverse??? niles is red and mine is gold

Damn Niles is red lately? WTF…I leave for one month…well I’ve always claimed Red, there’s only one way to determine this. When I return Niles, best of 5!

To the winner- the claim to blood red angel of death Urien!

To the loser - the horrid spectacle of “blue smurf” Urien and its ensuing ridicule.

What say you!

-Sk!

Fair enough, I’ll start tonight. Let’s put a moratorium on thong-wearing though, for the good of the team you see.

-Sk!

Haha, I’ve always been red! YOU just hit the damned buttons faster than I did!

I suppose since you have seniority I’ll concede him to you (FOR NOW), but hell, I don’t even know what other colours he has. I’ll probably end up as Chocolate Urien or some nonsense.

N

Haha, fuck seniority, whatever we’ll flip a coin or something. But wouldn’t it be scary to rep with three red Uriens as Team Blood Urine? I mean seriously that means you’ve got a disease or something and diseases are unblockable.

-Sk!

Sounds tasty. I vote for Team STD like wot.

N

TEAM BLOOD URINE REPRESENT!

i take it no one likes the brick red (jab) color? :stuck_out_tongue:

but i’m cool with have team color too :slight_smile:

hehe maybe this should’ve been in pacsouth under “who else plays urien?”

does anyone have some strats? :wink:

settle that shit with some top tier rock paper scissors!

Psht, rock-paper-scissors is for overrated KENSCRUBS!

N

i picked up urien when my arcade finally got 3s,which is like a month ago so somethings i use

neutral throw as soon as its over lp aegis reflector,hp headbutt over them,mp+mk,c.mk,c.mk,c.hp,ex head butt,hk chariot tackle

if you see them jump at you and stick out an attack throw out a mp sphere(or you can do it if they get close to you without doin an attack chances are they wont be able to parry it that fast) you get a free chariot tackle and then you can cancel into a hp or mp aegis right after then d-u +hk for a crossup on it and do whatever.

in corner c.hp,ex chariot tackle,hk chariot tackle,s.mp,lp sphere cancelled into aegis,after the s.mp they are recovered and can parry but it is very hard (imo anyway)