-*-4/1/06 Lexington, Kentucky April Fools Tournament!-*-

Lexington, Kentucky April Fool’s Tournament!
Date: April 1st, 2006
Location: University of Kentucky, Cat’s Den in the Student Center

200 Avenue of Champions (or East Euclid, same thing)
Lexington, KY 40506

http://ukcc.uky.edu/cgi-bin/dynamo?maps.391+campus+0026

or go to www.uky.edu then click on “Parents/Visitors” on the left hand side, then click on online maps if you’d like to print out a map. our location is #026 on the map. if you’d like me to PM you my phone number in case you’re worried about getting lost, i can do that. also, people are friendly, so it NEVER hurts to just ask some random person, they’ll know where the student center is.

OR there’s this link… http://www.uky.edu/StudentCenter/Info/driving.html

Flyer being posted around campus- http://sweb.uky.edu/~rclaca2/flyer_ukon.pdf

TIME: Signups will begin at 11:00 AM, the tournaments will begin at 1:00 PM. You can actually get there at 10:00 AM and get some casual play in if you’d like. For the 3S 2v2 team tourney to happen, we NEED people to get there on time.

All right, this is the FIRST tournament being thrown in Lexington, KY, and the turnout will be good for out of towners planning to attend. Believe it or not, there are a lot of players around the Lexington area, and people from other states are coming also. Plus it will be good practice for people planning on attending Final Round 9.

OFFICIAL TOURNAMENT GAMES:
Capcom vs SNK 2 (Dreamcast)
Tekken 5 (Playstation 2)
Marvel vs Capcom 2 (Dreamcast)
Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike (Playstation 2)
Guilty Gear XX #R (Xbox or PC)
Super Turbo (PSX)

ENTRY FEES: $10 each for the singles games, $10 per TEAM ($5 per person) for the 3S 2v2.

PRIZES: Since we’re not allowed to have cash prizes, here’s what we’re doing instead. I’ll be collecting the money in individual envelopes for registration between 11 and 1. After all the tournaments are finished, I’ll be going out to Best Buy to get gift certificates in the proper denominations of 70/20/10. If there are less than 8 people per tournament, the prize distribution will be 80/20 for first and second only. I know out of towners will want to get back on the road, and the trip to Best Buy will take no more than 20 minutes. This is the best compromise that we have figured out, trust me.

SINGLES TOURNAMENT FORMAT:
Best 2 out of 3, Double Elimination. Winners/Losers finals will be 2 out of 3 and Grand Finals will be 3 out of 5. Winner keeps the same team/groove/order, but you can change SA’s in 3S. Loser can change everything. Switching the order of your characters for CvS2 after they’ve been selected is PROHIBITED.

TEAM TOURNAMENT FORMAT:
We will be holding a 2v2 team tournament in 3S after the singles have been completed. Each person plays until they lose, and an entire team loses when each person has 1 loss, and that team will go to the loser’s bracket (or eliminated if already in the loser’s bracket). Think SBO rules.

Bring your sticks, TV?s, copies of CvS2, T5, MvC2, 3S, GGXX #R, ST ALONG WITH DREAMCASTS AND PS2’S.

No Game Breaking glitches
No Game Freezing glitches
Double Blind pick on request

***If the game pauses or the blue screen comes up (particularly in MvC2), it will be dealt with on an individual basis. If there’s a hardware malfunction with a joystick that causes the game to pause or reset, then that person will forfeit the round unless your opponent agrees to replay the round.

PEACE

Eric Smither
Lexington, KY

Capcom vs. SNK 2
Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo

Super Turbo must be on PS or emulator. Dreamcast has fucked up sprite sizes.

How are we going to get copies of #reload? It’s import only ps2, and I don’t know anybody that has it.

Um, O.K.

MvC2,CvS2,SFTT.

Is C.E. Bison allowed? Please say no…

Hmmm…about 80 sure I’ll be there. The drive doesn’t seem that bad. I’ll bring one with me for sure, and maybe more from Bloomington, don’t know about the fort wayne folks or the purdue folks. I’ll talk to them and see what they say. So…I guess.

David Johnson

Enter everything.

Also, I don’t know how strong your scene is, but it might not be a terrible idea to promote DOA4, and post on the DOA forums. It’s gaining a lot of popularity. You might have something there.

This tournament will be for Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo, not Hyper Street Fighter 2 Anniversary Edition.

Casey Cardwell
Danville, KY

3rd Strike
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo

Chase LaCas
Lexington, KY

3rd Strike
#reload

So what is the problem with the Xbox and PC version of #reload? I’m sure those are the versions most people have and surely will bring adapters.

Taz Dench
Franklin KY

MvC2, 3rd Strike, Super Turbo, T5

Popoblo, how far of a drive is it to travel from Ann Arbor to Lexington and vice versa?

according to mapquest, it’s around 5h 26min, with the bulk of your driving on I-75S. so if you drive fast, 5 hours or less. it was less than that when i drove up to may’n event, that’s for sure. i know cullen would be itching to come down, round up obot, TKK, julian, and some other MI guys and it’d be worth your while.

in regards to the guilty gear situation, i don’t play the game, so i figured the players would sort out ways to get the ps2 imported version or the xbox one. but if they can’t, then maybe GGXX would be played instead. i’ll check with the morehead guys and see what they think would be best, cuz that’s their main game (then 3S).

PEACE

PS- hey taz, you bringing any other TN guys with you?

Yo, Ill prob ride down there with ghettoontherise. Might be bringin dereklearnslow as well.

Most likely enterin MvC2, n 3rd

Hopefully. Any1 that wants to go I told them I’d drive, so its just a matter of time now.

DDR Tournament at the same place the same day,
go here to check out the rules. We might have to lower the price of the DDR tournament to $5 also.
http://www.kyddr.net/zomg/viewtopic.php?t=6320

I wish it was an In the Groove Mod tourney.
Mods are more insane:tup:

There is ITG2 at the Gatti Town in our city, but you have to pay for the buffet to get in.

What version of ST are we playing? I seem to have not gotten this confirmed.

Since he’s our local ST guy, I’m going by his word.

//Jais
Morehead, Ky.

#Reload, 3s, Team 3s, T5

Kyle W.
Morehead, Ky.

#R, 3s, Team 3s, T5

Carrie C
Morehead, Ky.

#R, T5

Eat & play…

Super Turbo will be on PSX.