DBQ BBQ 5
– Saturday, April 25th
– 1:00 to midnight or so (place opens at noon, I’ll post if I can have it open earlier)
– Comic World (same place as last time)
– 2255 JFK, Dubuque, IA 52001
– $5 entry fee per tourney, $5 venue fee (free if you bring a PS3 with SF4/SC4/HDR OR TVC-ready Wii with TVC OR lag-free TV, please see below)
Most of the venue fee will go to the owner so we can have the place later than last time. Any remainder will be put into the prize money, none goes to me.
– SF4 (PS3)
– HDR (PS3)
– 3S 2v2 (PS2)
– Brawl (Wii) (not sure if I’m doing All-Brawl or SWF Brawl, hell I might do both)
– SC4 (PS3)
– TVC (modded/Japanese Wii)
– GGXXAC (PS2 USA)
– AH2 (PS2) (I’ll need a setup for this and someone to run it)
– MVC2 (Dreamcast) (I’d definitely need someone to bring a setup for this)
Time permitting, we can run other tourneys, but I’d like to get through everything else first so we don’t end up cutting scheduled tourneys.
– 6 PS3s (at least 3 with HDR)
– 2 TVC-ready Wiis
– 1 PS2 with AH2 (if you guys want to play it)
– 1 Dreamcast with Mahvel
– (we should be good on PS2s for 3rd Strike/GGXXAC and Wiis for Brawl)
– 4 or more SF4 for PS3
– 4 or more SC4 for PS3
– PLEASE post if you can bring a lag-free TV. As of right now, I can get at least 4 standard TVs. I can’t imagine we’ll need more than 8 total.
– All tourneys double-elimination unless 7 or fewer people enter.
– BYOC, please.
– 2/3 matches for each pairing, 3/5 for semi-finals, 4/7 for finals.
– SF4: 2/3 rounds. Everyone allowed unless something gets broken in 2 months.
– HDR: 2/3 rounds. Akuma is now banned.
– 3S 2v2: 2/3 rounds, SBO style (1A and 1B vs 2A and 2B, 1A plays 2A one match, winner stays). Teams must have different characters and must keep characters through entire tourney.
– All-Brawl: 2 stock 3 minute, first stage random, losers pick afterward (can choose character OR stage, not both). All items (medium) and stages are on. Sudden Death WILL be played if match goes to time.
– “Itemless” Brawl: 2 stock 4 minute, items off. First stage random from Smashville, FD, Battlefield, Yoshi’s Island, Delfino, Pokemon Stadium 1. I’ll type counterpicks later if necessary. Loser picks stage, winner picks character, loser picks character. Percentage decides victor if match goes to time, if percentage is tied then Sudden Death will be played.
– SC4: 3/5 rounds, Algol, Yoda CAS/Bonus characters banned. Random stage (loser can pick “Retry” after match if they wish).
– TVC: Don’t lock the goddamned game up.
– GGXXAC: 2/3 rounds, no EX/Gold/Boss/Whatever characters.
– AH2: You guys would know before me.
– MVC2: Don’t pick the same character more than once, lock the game up, or stall out with someone’s retarded corpse.
Links to nearby hotels. Lots of them on Hwy 20, which is probably where the vast majority of you are coming from. Just did a quick search on hotels.com, I know there are more (and potentially cheaper) ones around.