4/7 Midwest Cirque Monthlies, DR,T5,VF5, $BONUSES

Saturday, April 7th
Comfort Suites (Event Room)
19751 E. Valley View Parkway, Independence, MO 64057 (In the Kansas City Metro) Conveniently located right off of I-70 for easy access to any out of staters.
1-816-795-8889

12PM Doors open for registration and casuals/$MM’s

1PM - Start 3rd Strike
1-2PM - Start Virtua Fighter 5
2-3PM - Start T5.0
When sub tournaments are finished, or nearing finish, start T5DR

This list is subject to change, depending on circumstance.

Featured Game:

Tekken 5 : Dark Resurrection ($100 bonus to out of stater who can take 1st)

Other Games:

Virtua Fighter 5
Tekken 5.0
Street Fighter 3:Third Strike

Possible games depending on interest:

Guilty Gear X2#Slash
Marvel Vs Capcom 2
Capcom Vs SNK 2
Super Smash Bros Melee

2v2/3v3 Team tournaments are being considered. It’s likely that DR will have a team tournament.

Venue Fee: $10
Entry per tournament: $10

In order to get a game moved from ‘Possible’ to a ‘Guaranteed’ game, I will need at least ‘8’ people to pre-register for that game.

Depending on turnout, extra venue fee $ collected will be put into bonus pots for the games with the highest turnout. So if you want your favorite game to have a huge turnout, get your friends involved.

We WILL need people to bring TV’s, Consoles, Games. Bring Your Own Controller/Adapters. If someone brings a Console and games, I’ll take $5 off your venue fee, if someone brings a PS3 and or TV, I will waive your entire venue fee. IF WE USE THEM IN THE TOURNAMENTS

If you can bring a TV/Console/Games/Setups, please post that as well. We’ll need quite a few of them to make things move quickly and efficiently.

If you’re interested in hosting a tournament, (Taking the reigns on hosting the game you are most interested in/familiar with) also post that up. I’ll be hosting the Tekken tournaments, but I’ll need someone who is involved in the competitive community of another game to handle those.

REGARDING PRE-REGISTRATION

Put your name on this thread in this format:
Name and or Alias, City, State, What games you’ll compete in.
Example: AxioM, Kansas City/KS, T5: DR, T5.0

Preregistering will make the game you want played more likely to be played, and will give us better idea on how many TV’s/Consoles we need, and if there is enough interest, I’ll consider getting catering done. There’s also about half a dozen places to eat within walking distance of the tournament site.

If the turnout to this is good, this will begin to be a monthly ordeal. I’ll be putting this up on a few other sites to check interest in the different games, and I’ll update the thread as people register, and things change.

This will be our FIRST monthly, so the frequency of these tournaments depends on the communities support. Thanks all, start the HYPE. :china:

PRE REGISTRATION LIST:

Tekken 5 : Dark Resurrection

AxioM, KC/KS
MrImprimis(KS), Topeka/KS
Mills McDougle, Omaha/NE
Daytron, Omaha/NE
boxbrosg, Manhattan/KS
Tekken_Chick, Manhattan/KS
The_Batman, Omaha/NE
tha_con, Manhattan/KS
MRPIMPS, Leavenworth/KS
Smakula, Lawrence/KS
KS_Beast, Overland Park/KS
Chris W, Topeka/KS
Corey L, Topeka/KS
Machinez, Oklahoma City/OK
artisticrage, Grandview/MO
miscreant mugen, Grandview/MO
count shinobi, Grandview/MO
Chachi, Lee’s Summit/MO
Saeng, CO
Smilez, CO
BigD, CO
Isaak, CO
BrandonCO, CO
The FOUNDER, Warrensburg MO
ExMortis, Lawrence KS
Ben-Ra, Lawrence KS

Virtua Fighter 5

boxbrosg, Manhattan/KS
tha_con, Manhattan/KS
AxioM, KC/KS
Chachi, Lee’s Summit/MO

Tekken 5.0

AxioM, KC/KS
Mills McDougle, Omaha/NE
boxbrosg, Manhattan/KS
MRPIMPS, Leavenworth/KS
Chachi, Lee’s Summit/MO

Street Fighter 3:Third Strike

The_Batman, Omaha/NE
Chachi, Lee’s Summit/MO
AxioM, KC/KS
miscreant mugen, Grandview/MO
count shinobi, Grandview/MO

Guilty Gear X2#Slash

The_Batman, Omaha/NE
Chachi, Lee’s Summit/MO
ExMortis, Lawrence KS
Lyquid, Lawrence KS
Ben-Ra, Lawrence KS

Marvel Vs Capcom 2

cable1096, KC/KS

Capcom Vs SNK 2

boxbrosg, Manhattan/KS
The_Batman, Omaha/NE
Chachi, Lee’s Summit/MO

Super Smash Bros Melee

AxioM, KC/KS
Smakula, Lawrence/KS
Cruz, Lawrence/KS
The_Batman, Omaha/NE

Good shit. I’ll definitely sign up for 3S, Slash, and CvS2, plus I might let you guys kick my ass in the 3D games.

Name: Chachi
Games: 3S, CvS2, Slash, possibly Marvel, Tekken and VF5.

I can bring a TV and a copy of most of the games, plus whatever consoles you need. I’ll need a memory card for Smash and Tekken, plus a copy of Swap Magic for Slash. Other than that I should be good to go.

Oh snap: I just noticed that this tourney is held on the same day as the Columbia tourney, so that will definitely affect numbers for 2D game players. Is there any way to move the date up/back?

I’d do Marvel vs Capcom 2. Looks like it will be on console.

Yes, all games will be played on console.

Chachi - I’ll see what I can do, but it’s likely I won’t be able to move the date. I already have the room reserved for that day. If there’s ALOT of interest for moving the date, maybe I can accomodate, otherwise, I’ll just bank on seeing everyone next time. (Although since this is the first monthly we’re doing, we’re hoping for a good turnout for this one to DO more in the future. No sense renting a venue at a loss.)

That’s cool Axiom, I’ll try to drum up some local support. Hopefully the Marvel contingency will let the console thing slide for this event…

Haha, alright, thanks man.

Hey, this is the same day as a tournament we’re having in Columbia so we won’t be able to make it, but if these are for-real monthlies there’s a group of somewhere from three to six of us that might be able to show up to the later tournaments, especially if you keep the 2D stuff.

Hope it goes well.

Sup CoMo? Yeah I read about your tournament too late. I can’t believe I missed it, I even looked for tournies that were going to be held on that date. :confused:

Basically, if the venue pays for itself, and I’m not running this thing at a loss, then you’ll see this again, bigger, and better. Hope your tourney is a success, and I’ll try to make ours the same.

alright axiom u never replied to my private message so i got 3 guys for 3rd strike and i’ll also play tekken 5. can bring a t.v. and console… plus the green. lol. j/k…

Alright man, sorry about that, was out for the last few days, I sent a reply.

Sweet. Just need three more heads for 3S. Too bad I’m the only one around here that’s down for ST…

I wouldn’t worry about 3rd Strike. If there isn’t enough people that are coming for just 2D, then some of the Tekken guys will play 3rd Strike. I will join any tournament that is lacking in people, just to help beef the prize pots and brackets. I don’t mind getting beat down, haha. I know at least a couple of the Tekken heads will throw down in 3S, and CvS.

So far it’s looking like the Tekkens, Smash, and 3rd Strike are gonna be played. I’m going to have flyers put up in some of the local areas in the next few days. (KU, Topeka, etc.)

We’ll see how it goes.

I would definitely put some flyers in at Ameristar, Powerplay, and Cool Crest. Maybe the arcade in the Great Mall as well (even though they’re still stuck on Tekken 3 and SC1)

Yeah, the only problem with AS, CC, and PP is that they’re places of business. I’d imagine they probably wouldn’t like us putting flyers up to advertise for an event that’s going to detract from their profit for the day of that tournament.

I could call them and find out, but I’m seriously doubting it.

I’d say at least give it a shot. It’s not like you’re going to take away all of their DDR/Time Crisis business and shut them down in one day.

Haha, that’s my logic too, but they’re pretty strict on things like this. I used to host DDR tournaments, and if I did it at one location, and tried to advertise for it at another, they weren’t keen on it at all. I don’t blame them, really, but I’ll give it a shot tomorrow.

from the mighty grandview…

artisticrage

miscreant mugen

count shinobi

Alright, since you guys are signing up for 3S, go ahead and sign me up for Tekken and VF5, even though I’m garbage in both of those games…

Gotcha guys.

Just so I’m clear on this, the Tekken event you guys are signing up for, is it T5 DR, or T5.0? The feature is DR, but I’ll put you guys in whichever event you want (or both)

In any case, I’m moving 3S to a guarunteed title. It’s pretty much a guarantee that we’ll have 8 at this point. If by some misfortune we don’t, I’ll pay the way in for a few of the other Tekken heads to compete, there needs to be SOME kind of prize pot.

Put me down for both Tekkens.