6/23 GVN Philly Challenge MvC2, CvS2, 3S, more

The GVN Philly Challenge will be held Saturday June 23rd, 2007 at the Virtual Rush Cyber Cafe in Media, PA. In the Granite Run Mall Parking Lot.

Registration will begin at 11am. The show will begin at 1pm noon. Money matches may be held after the Tournaments. There will be no practice sessions held whil th tournament is being held. You can however get your practice in before the tournament starts.

Virtual Rush has 5 tv’s and 2 PS2’s and one Xbox. I will be bringing my PS2, xbox, 360, Nintendo 64 and 3 Dreamcasts so we can move through the tournament quickly and smoothly. It is kindly asked that people who are attending help out by bringing their consoles and extra TVs.

Games to be played:
Capcom vs SNK 2 - DC/PS2
Marvel vs Capcom 2 - DC
3rd Strike - DC/xbox/PS2(anybody got a copy for ps2???)
GGXX Slash - PS2
KOF Neowave - Xbox (recently added)
Killer Instinct Gold - N64 (yes I know its broke and probably no one will play it but lets have some fun with this lost gem)

other possible games:
SSF2T
Fist of the north star

If you want to add a game please contact me at my email, hubbsdoctor@gmail.com

Venue Information:

Virtual Rush
1145 W. Baltimore Pike
Media, PA 19063
www.virtualrush.net
610-565-9300

Use mapquest to locate if traveling by car.

Directions via train and bus from Center city Philly.

Catch the train at either 30th Street station, Market East, or either Suburban Station. Take the R3 train towards Media/Elwyn. Hop off the train at Elwyn station. Walk to the bus stop and take the northbound 117 bus. The next stop is to the granite run mall. Get off at the mall and walk to the AMC theatre. Virtual Rush is located behind the AMC theatre.

Note Virtual Rush is behind the AMC theatre in the granite Run Mall Parking. Not in the Mall itself.

Sponsor information:

Fees and tournament times:
Venue entry fee is $7($4 for VR Hosting, $3 GVN fee)
3S - $10, 1pm
CvS2 - $10, 3pm
MvC2 - $10. 5pm
KOF Neowave: $5, 7pm
GGXX Slash - $5, 9pm
KIG - $5, 9pm

Prize money will be divided:

1st place - 60%
2nd place - 20%
3rd place - 10%

The house will take 10% of the pot. Had a long talk with the VR people about having a multigame tourney and this is what we agreed to.

Rules are standard for all games unless specified.
-Double Elimination
-Default time
-Winner stays with character, Loser may change
-2/3 matches/rounds
-3/5 matches semis/finals
-Gill is banned (3S)
-Gargos is banned (Killer Insticnt Gold)
-Speed is set to normal (KIG)
-No programable/macro controllers/arcade sticks
-ARCADE STICKS AND PERSONAL CONTROLLERS ALLOWED.

I hope many people turn out for this and have a lot of fun.

You should change the Guilty Gear to slash.

By that date he should change it to AC.

And 3S on the DC?

I guarantee you won’t get a soul for that.

a tournament in media?..

I only have 3S for DC and Xbox. So if anybody wants to bring their ps2 or more xbox copies feel free to. I’ll bring my SFAC along with my 3SDC. ANd as I mentioned i’ll change GGXX to whatever version if they people provide a copy of the latest release AND a PS2 that plays imports. As far as I can tell slash and the new version coming out aren’t being released stateside.

seriously are there people who would help out with the GG portion?

i’ll bring a modded ps2 and a copy of gg: slash… i used to live at the granite run mall and currently i’m like 10 mins away…

I had to move the tournament back one weekend. I HAVE to take a first time home buyers class on June 16th. The tournament is now on Saturday June 23rd. I need the help of a mod to change the title since the advance edit only changes the in thread title.

What are the favored SNK games? I feel alittle disrespectful not including at least one or two of their clssic fighters. Do you guys perfer KOF neowave or KOF 2K3?

Yah The Tri-state Will Be Present>>>>>all Caps Ho!!!

Eric V Out

Moar like KoFXI.

But if you can’t get that, then either 2k2 or neowave.

if its going to be on console, then get neowave definitely.

:cool: then i will come :cool:

Are there a good amount of people entering mvc2 and cvs2?

i’ll look for a copy of Neowave. Is there a peferred console for the game? So far you people give off a PS2 vibe.

More like, you’ll make plans to come and end up not going, or something like that.

As far as I can tell, neowave is better on either console, although PS2 could be better since more people have sticks for the console.

I can only find copies of the xbox neowave(which goes for about ~$19) and after checking eb, half, ebay, and amazonI found one PS2 copy that wasn’t an import for $42. Man this game is harder to find then I thought. =P

hubbs im gonna kill myself to come to this…i need to travel out my state to support the scene so im gonna do my best -.-

might need housing though-.-

i’m sure kchan can house you for this. gotta ask her though, she’s gonna help me a little bit, besides supplying me with an extra dreamcast or two.

I can bring a ps2 and 3s on ps2…beyond that put me down for ( tourney wise ) 3s and cvs2 i love those games:)

if i bring a ps2(modded) anychance i can run Super Turbo and Fist of The North Star ???/ if so ill come i got nothin better to do in june :slight_smile: