7/1-7/2/2006 Battle at the Capital: Mid Atlantic REGIONAL Tournament!

Hey everyone. I’m proud to announce the first BIIIG tourney for C3 Cyberclub in Northern VA!

With 2 day action, guarunteed prizes, and numerous tournaments, it’ll be something you can’t miss!

Tournament Lineup:

Saturday, July 1st 12pm
-----------------------------------

Super Smash Brothers Melee (GC) (10$)
Street Fighter Alpha 3 (PS2) (5$)
Marvel vs Capcom 2 (DC) (5$)

7/1 4pm
--------------------------------

Capcom vs SNk2 (PS2) (5$)
Guilty Gear XX Slash (PS2) ($10)
Neo Geo Battle Coliseum (if voted in) (10$)

8pm

Guilty Gear Slash 3v3 Event

11pm

Official C3 Poker tourney

Sunday, July 2nd 12pm
----------------------------------------

Hyper Street Fighter 2: The anniversary edition (PS2) (5$)
Soul Calibur 3 (PS2) (5$)
Dead or Alive 4 (Xbox360) (10$)

7/2 4pm
-------------------------------------------

Tekken 5.0 (PS2) (5$)
Street Fighter 3: Third Strike (PS2) (10$)
KOF XI (if voted in) (10$)

8pm

SF3: 3S Team event 3v3

And the last game, to be added by poll:

Garou: Mark of the Wolves/Neo Geo Battle Coliseum /King of Fighters XI

Tourney Location:
C3CyberClub 571-323-1091
46950 Community Plaza - Suite 201A
Sterling, VA 20164

Payout per tourney:

<10 entrants 66/33
10-20 entrants: 58/28/14
over 20 entrants 53/26/14/7
over 50 entrants 50/25/12.5/6.25/3.125/3.125

Format: Will involve qualifying pools to seed into the main tournament.

More updates to come such as:

Who’s Coming List
Amount of $$$ BONUS MONEY$$$$ for certain games

There. I voted. BTW. Garou will be on DC, NGBC or KOF XI will be on PS2.

If I’m not on vacation or anything…I’ll be there.

Garou and NGBC are good games, don’t get me wrong…but with KOF XI I think it shouldn’t even be a contest. It was the top game at SBO, top US players like Justin Wong are getting into it, and with the console release it’s pretty much going to be the best new 2D fighting game released in years. Plus at this event I guarantee you’d get an absolutely massive flock of players for it.

Yeah, KOF 11 looks to be SNK’s “IT” game. Basically the game that will make people realize that SNK can come out with some good shit when they get set up with the right people. Garou is fun and all but…I’m afraid KOF 11 will definitely overshadow it when that shit comes out. NBC never garnered any of my interest so I can’t say much about that game.

::Strokes goatee:: hmm…interesting…

Voting for the SNK games will end at or around 6/1/2006. This is to give those gamers who will come ample notice. This is to Voting will also occur at the 5/13 monthly (still can’t vote twice).

Votes will be tallied at my discretion based on reasonable attendance of this tourney. I.e. I don’t think I’ll put much credit into some dude from Montana… but East Coast players and C3 regulars I’ll put alot of credit in.

Updated schedule. I would like to start planning on who’s coming. Since the entire STATE of NC voted for NGBC, I would hope they’re planning on coming. Since it’s looking pretty much a lock.

Oh, and FYI, methinks that Justin will be in Austrailia (or maybe evo west) this weekend… perfect oppurtunity to get some cash!!

:rofl: Whatsup Robin.

I’m planning on making it definately, and with NGBC I’m pretty sure some others will come up as well. That shit is kinda big around here, and if some of the usual 3rd Strike players can go we may have a good couple people.

Too bad it’s a pretty shitty game for tournaments. It’s a lot like MvC2 actually… you pretty much have to be playing at least one or two of the top tier or you don’t stand a chance at high levels of play. It is a FUN game and I wouldn’t mind playing it, but it’s just not that interesting at high levels unless you REALLY like those top tier characters (and unfortunately for me, I play all mid/lower tiers).

NGBC is an okay game, but it’s really kinda uninteresing. Big top tier issues in that one as well.

Garou has got some balance issues, but it always seemed the most interesting and fun of the games to me. If you aren’t going to play Last Blade, I’d probably go with Garou.

Well, I can’t say I’ll be there definitively anyway, but I’ll keep in on the calendar.

Is there going to be world of warcraft?

ooooooh boo, ill just barely be in Japan by then. Man , Trifecta would have been all over that 3vs3 3rd Strike team tourney. This blows T_T.

Lmao if Kof gets voted i can find about 30 ppl who would come to this tourny just for kof…Just give me clark/maxi/tizoc (team fuck yo blocking) but keep me updated on the voting status. You get the game i’ll bring the players

Lol. who posted this up in /v/ ?

Bumping for emphasis. I’ll need to see if I can hit up to this fo sho.

Definitely considering this one. Been out of the loop for too long. Still got some game left in the 'ol fingers. I’m definitely in for CVS2 and MVC2. licking my chops

KOF XI and NGBC are official now.

Who’s going list: (right now… based on 6/10)

A3:
Renegade
B-Chun
Koop
Masaka

MvC2:
Victor Salmon
MEC
Renegade
Slogan
Blazeup
PVFP
Rugal B
Shinshay

GGXX/:
GB
Renegade
10x
Shazay
Steve
Masaka
Dave Wright
Lawrence oh
Dan “The original”

CvS2:
Renegade
B-Chun
Rugal B
Nokato
Koop
Moose
Goukito
Crimson
Jody
PVFP
CajunStrike
Sie Clayton

NGBC
Cajunstrike
Sie Clayton
!(?_?)!
Beatface22
Bloody Yukata
brandowned
Dub
King Lo
Lord Doom
Majors
SieClayton
Xerotwo

Hyper SFA3

Sunday
Anniversery Edition:

3rd Strike:
Exodus
Ramza
Steve
Victor
DJ
BB
PVFP
Cajunstrike
Sie Clayton
MOD
Nasser
Nokato
Rockman
10x

KOFXI
4r5
Beast of Fire
CRIMS0N VEN0M
DEMON_JIM
DevilJin 01
fireballtrap
Mighty-Whitey
Shotokan Symphony

Sf3 Teams?

DAMN!!! Waddup Kid, ima have to show you my MvC2 skills player.

Just a suggestion, can we please do Slash singles in the standard double elimination format?

The pools and stuff was nice last time but took way too long imo.

put me down tentatively for A3, cvs, AE and 3s