7/12/08 Nashville, TN KUMITE in TENNESSEE (Smash, 3s, T5DR, TTT, GGAC, SC4)

I’m merely posting this :wink:

I AM running 3rd Strike on my own 20 inch RCA Component Video TV I bought for running random tournaments.

7/12/08 - Nashville, TN - Kumite in Tennessee

Continuation of the KiT series of tournaments!

This tournament will be taking place Saturday, July 12, so set aside time on your calendars.

Venue:
Quality Inn (Vanderbilt Meeting Room)
981 Murfreesboro Rd
Nashville TN, 37217

Venue Fee: NONE
Date: Saturday, July 12, 2008
Time: Signups start at 11:00 AM

Games:
Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike (PS2) (starts at 1PM)
Tekken 5: DR (PS3)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl 1v1 (Wii)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl 2v2 (Wii)
Tekken Tag Tournament (PS2)
GGXX:AC (PS2)

Entry fee is $10 per game.

The pot will be split 70/20/10.

All tournaments will be run as standard double elimination, best 2/3 matches, Winner’s and Loser’s finals 3/5 matches and grand finals 4/7 matches. Winner cannot change character for any game.

Rules for individual Games:

3rd Strike: No Gill. No cheating.

Soul Calibur 4: 3/5 rounds with default time limit. All characters and tactics allowed, this game will be too new to make a decision to ban anything. If something drastic comes up such as a camera or freeze glitch, this could potentially be banned. No macro bindings are allowed.

Tekken 5: DR: 3/5 rounds 60 seconds. Jinpachi is banned. No Macro bindings. All controllers and sticks must be wired. Please remember to turn off your PS3 controllers after you finish your match.

Tekken Tag: 3/5 rounds 60 seconds.

Guilty Gear: Accent Core: 3/5 rounds whatever the default time limit is. Button mapping is allowed.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 3 stock 6 minutes, All items off. Gamecube controllers only. Team Attack is set to ON.

Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Mushroomy Kingdom [Overworld/Underworld], Rumble Falls, Bridge of Eldin, Wario Ware, Distant Planet, New Pork City, Temple, Yoshi’s Island (Pipes), Onett, Donkey Kong Arcade, Spear Pillar, Mario Bros., Flat Zone 2, The Summit, Big Blue, Green Greens.

Stages not listed on the random select list that are not banned are open for counter picks by the losing player.

No stage may be used twice in a Best of 3 or Best of 5 Series unless agree upon by both players.

So come one, come all, get ready for a great tournament! Tennessee is home to many great players who have traveled around, so please come out and support!

btw take out SC4… we would be willing to add SC3 in its place if SRK/Evo asked us to

YES brawl and 3s…too hype!!

There are no plans to have MvC2 at this tourney, so you might want to change the title.

This sounds like a great Summer trip for me!

Unless something pops up count me in for 3s/GG/maybe brawl!

BTW do you know what the Hotels room rates are?

Pretty good. 45-60 per night.

man this is going to be so sweet. can’t wait to throw down.

SC4 is slated to be released July 29th - unless you plan on moving the tournament in order to accommodate that game, I think SC3 would be the best alternative given the move EVO is making to promote the game internationally. Then again, inkblot’s post [http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=154306], concerned tournaments scheduled for May and June…just some thoughts.

Checkout #2 in this thread :stuck_out_tongue:

Basically they haven’t contacted me and really no one has showed interest in SC3 (other than Mick)

i’ll play sc3 even though i’m a scrub lol.

man i’m so ready for the 3s and smash action!! YEAH!!

Console FTL

CONSOLE FTW = for the worst…HAHA.

Console: FTS? HAHHAHAH

can you update the first post to nix sc4

Updated, and after 3s is over, we can have mad casuals on the old-man TV.

SDouble is taking money matches VS everyone in 3s vs his Twelve. $100 a game.

CvS2 casuals?

Sure, CVS2 casuals

Yo, I’m posting this in the three forums(DLoop, TZ, SRK) so people who don’t visit here and vice versa can see it.

Small request. Could guys that have speakers bring them? At least for the Finals TVs(preferably for Tek). I would, but I won’t have any before K.I.T. Share those Bose systems. It can only add to the hype. Because I want to FEEL it when someone gets their ass broken! No homo.

P.S. I don’t mean to be rude, but if there are to be strippers at this event, could the potential candidates be approved by a committee or something? I personally don’t care one way or the other, but some of my guys just regained their eyesight last week. Let’s try not harm the players at this event.

nope it’s for 150. I TOLD YOU SON… loller

Couple weeks away. 3s??? WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO