IMDB9: Tournament Conditions
Date: Saturday, August 10th
Smash Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/TeamMoonWalk
Other Stream?: TBD
Location: Union South, The Industry Room on the 3rd Floor
1308 West Dayton St, Madison, WI
This venue is open from 10 AM - 10 PM but I personally won’t be there until around noon if you show up before then I can’t guarantee there will be setups for non-smash games.
There should be free parking nearby on Saturdays
$10.00 Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
$10.00 Super Street Fighter 4 AE
$10.00 Persona 4 Arena
$10.00 Melee singles
$10.00 Melee doubles ($5 per person)
$10.00 Project M singles
$10.00 Project M doubles ($5 per person)
$10.00 Brawl singles
$2.00 Cactuar Stamina Pancake
$4.00 NBA Jam Doubles ($2 per person)
12:30 - Injustice
2:30 - P4A
4:00 - SSF4AE
6:00 - UMVC3
11:00 - Melee Doubles
11:30 - P:M Doubles
12:30 - Brawl Singles
1:00 - Melee Singles Pools
1:30 - P:M Singles Pools
3:00 - Melee Singles Bracket
3:30 - P:M Singles Bracket
5:30 - NBA Jam Doubles
7:30 - CSP Singles
10:00 - Close
Other games will be run if there is enough interest to run them, but it depends on the turnout.
Payout: 60/30/10 doubles
NBA Jam: 70/30
****Rules for 2d fighters are standard Evo rules but if entrants are low everything might be made 3/5 instead of 2/3, UMVC3 will be 3/5 regardless
The tournaments will be on PS3, but there will likely be Xbox 360’s around as well for casuals, we need setups so if you can, please bring your consoles! I will be bringing 2 setups so there will be a minimum of 2 ps3 w/ Evo Asus monitors to run the tournaments on but the more we have the more casual setups we have the better the event will be.****
- Items off.
- 4 stock, 8 minutes.
- Team attack on., life stealing allowed.
- Ties are broken by lives then percentage. Percentage ties will replay the match with one stock on the same stage.
- Regular sets are best of 3 matches. Winners finals, losers finals and grand finals sets are best of 5 matches.
- Controller mods are banned.
- Stalling is banned. This includes any excessive use of tactics like rising pound and wall-bombing in order to deliberately delay the match.
- Glitches like the Ice Climbers’ freeze glitch and Mewtwo’s Soul Stunner are also banned.
- Pausing is banned. Pausing during a match will result in a loss at your opponent’s discretion.
- Modified Dave’s Stupid Rule: The loser cannot pick a stage he or she has won on in the set unless agreed upon by both players. Additionally, if both players agree to play on a banned stage, that stage may be played as well.
- Gentleman’s Clause: If the two players agree on a change in a rule, like choosing a banned stage, they are allowed to do so. If there is no agreement, standard rules apply.
- Wobbling is BANNED.
Fountain of Dreams
Kongo Jungle 64
Kongo Jungle 64
- Both players select characters. Double blind can be called if necessary.
- Stage striking: Players eliminate stages from the Neutral Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in a 1-2-1 order.
- The first match is played.
- Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage.
- The losing player of preceding match picks stage for the next match.
- The winning player of preceding match picks character.
- The losing player picks character.
- The next match is played.
- Repeat steps 4-8 for all consecutive matches until the set is complete.
Project M Rules (taken from SCYSN5)
- 4 stock, 8:00 minute timer
- Items OFF and set to NONE
- Buffer OFF
- Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
- If a match ends with both players dying at the same time resulting in Sudden Death, a 1-stock rematch will be played out on the same stage.
- All Semi-finals and Finals matches will be Best of 5 format.
- If each player has one stock remaining and the match ends due to a suicide move (Ganon’s side-B, DDD’s swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the player who initiated the move wins.
- Non-first party controllers must be inspected by TO staff before use in tourney.
- Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in forfeiture of the match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
- Dave’s Stupid Rule: You cannot counterpick a stage you have won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.
- Player’s Choice Clause: You may play by a rule outside of this ruleset if your opponent agrees to it as long as it does not deliberately delay the tournament process. In the event of a disagreement, house rules stand.
- Double Blind Character Picks: Players may elect to double blind pick their characters for the first match in case of any disputes.
Stage Strike from Starters for the first match of the set in “122112” fashion:
- First player strikes one stage.
- Second player strikes the next two stages.
- First player strikes the next two stages.
- Second player strikes one stage.
Dream Land 64
Fountain of Dreams
Pokemon Stadium 2
Green Hill Zone
Pokemon Stadium 1
Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)
After each match
- Winner announces TWO(2) stage bans.
- Loser chooses a Counterpick stage.
- Winner chooses their character.
- Loser chooses their character.
- Winner chooses their controller port (optional).
- Loser chooses their controller port (optional).
Cactuar Stamina Pancake Rules
Cactuar (by Cactuar)
- Best of 7
- Random stage from everything except Icicle Mountain, Hyrule Temple, Brinstar Depths, and Big Blue
Stamina (by Nintendo)
- Stamina Mode
Pancake (by Zjiin)
- Random characters
- Starting with the winner from the last game, each player may decide to “flip” either character, meaning re-random them.
- For the first match, decide randomly who flips first (via rock-paper-scissors).
- If Zelda is randomed, re-random again to determine if you got Zelda or Sheik. The top 2 rows = Zelda, the bottom row = Sheik. This makes it very rare to have sheik, since she destroys low tier characters.
- Select pichu before randoming. This is done to prevent disputes getting the same character twice in a row. If you “accidentally” hit B to repick Pichu, you are stuck with him.
- If you can’t tell who won the match, replay the game.
- Wobbling is LEGAL.
The Apex Ruleset
NBA Jam Doubles Rules
- Double elim bracket
- Matches are one game
- Each team does a double blind pick for team choice. If they pick the same team, redo the double blind, eliminating that team from the pick pool.
- Pausing is BANNED
- The rookie team is BANNED
- Byoc is encouraged, but there will be enough controllers there