We (me and the other organizers) will be at the SJSU Bowling Center at around noon to set things up, and then from 1pm to 4pm we’ll be taking registration for both MB:AC and GGXX:AC tournies. During this time there’ll be setups for both games for casuals or money matches or whatever the hell you want to do (except break or steal them ).
The results of all tournies will be posted in this thread, and all players will be ranked based upon a win:loss ratio. These statistics will be kept and updated in (hopeful) future events.
As a side note, we did originally plan on a VF5 tourney as well as a 3S tourney, but there is currently not enough interest in VF5 and 3S means venue fee for freeplay on the cabinet. These are both things we want to do in the future, but for now we’re just going to start small and work our way up .
1pm-3pm: Registration for all tournies and free setups
3pm-Finish: GGXX:AC and MB:AC singles
Post tourney-1am: Free setups again
- This should come as no surprise, but everyone must bring their own controllers. We’re not going to supply sticks or controllers to anyone.
- No banned characters (though I don’t think anyone is bringing AC+, but in the event that someone does, choosing Kliff or Justice is instant DQ). This should also come as no surprise.
- Team brackets will be done SBO style, 3v3 single elimination. (NOTE: depending on turnout, we may change to double elimination)
- Single brackets will be single elimination. (This may also change depending on turnout)
- Entry fee is $3 per tourney. Pot will be split 60/30/10.
- Don’t be an ass . We’re all cool dudes who play obscure games of an obscure genre so try to keep conflict to a minimum.
Ways to get there:
- Valley Transportation Authority
- BART (Doesn’t go directly to San Jose, but is the only option for some people in the North and East Bay)
Just to recap:
- 8/30/08 @ SJSU Bowling Center
- Registration starts at 1 and ends at 4
- Tournies are from 4 till whenever
- We’ll play after that until they kick us out
Hope to see you all there.
Taken from dustloop.com Posted Qwerty.