80's Teen Idol actor Corey Haim dead; OD suspected

sighs

Damn you posted your thread a legit minute before mine :rofl:

But yeah this is a bummer :confused:

Am I an asshole because I don’t feel terribly bad about people over dosing? I mean, this is a common theme in hollywood. I’m not trying to be unsympathetic, I’ve seen people go through addiction, but I always end up hitting this wall where my mind is like “Why the fuck did you start down this path with drugs anyway?” 90 percent of the time, it always ends up like this.

I dunno, man. Sorry for his mom and his wife (if he has one) and the folks that will miss him. Sucks when people go out on some dumb shit.

Yeah I feel you on this.

And the fact that it’s someone from Hollywood only adds to my feeling of “meh”. Maybe 2010 will take a new theme and be child stars instead of relevant stars.

Like I said, I feel for the people who care about him. Losing somebody is never easy, but sometimes I wonder about folks who get into the hard shit. We live in an age where it isn’t a shock that doing a fuck ton of drugs will kill you.

I remember Robin Williams saying that if you have a regular cocaine habit, you’re making too much money. Hmm.

Like I said, I feel for the people who care about him. Losing somebody is never easy, but sometimes I wonder about folks who get into the hard shit. We live in an age where it isn’t a shock that doing a fuck ton of drugs will kill you.

I remember Robin Williams saying that if you have a regular cocaine habit, you’re making too much money. Hmm.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

1/2 of the Corey’s are dead…

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!

RIP!!!

You do feel bad that someone’s died, but at the same time, since it’s Hollywood, you have this ‘meh’ feeling attached to it.

RIP :sad:

My first reaction was “Oh, the way more irrelevant Corey is dead…” - yeah, it’s sad for the people who cared about him, but overall, he did it to himself…

Not gonna lie…but I always thought Feldman would be the first of the 2 to kick the bucket.

Honestly, I’m beginning to feel the same way. At first I started to feel bad, but now it’s just like,“Jesus, another one?”

Heath Ledger
Brittany Murphy
DJ AM
Corey Haim
Michael Jackson

All of these people passed away due to overdoses of some kind.

When is this shit gonna stop?

This sucks to hear. I’m a fan of all his old movies; him and Feldman. R.I.P

Damn 38?! I didn’t know they were both that old. I guess it’s because they’ve been given the “child star” label for over 2 decades now.

R.I.P.

I’m surprised they didn’t say it was “Natural causes” right away for this, then again I guess he doesn’t have a current agent or anything to instantly spew that.

same here. anyway, r.i.p.

i definitely loved the movies that he was in.

i feel the same way. So no sympathy, still sucks that hes dead though.

Slightly off topic but I feel the same way about people dying of Lung cancer or other smoking related deaths. If you know something is bad for you and you do it anyway, well thats your freedom as an american, but i wont cry for u.

Haim couldn’t catch a break once he lost his marketability.

Feldman, on the other hand, adjusted a lot better.

Haim, IMO, did one movie worth watching - Lost Boys. At least Feldman has credits like The 'burbs and Goonies…and of course Lost Boys…niether one is a terrible loss to the acting community, but at least when Feldman dies, there will be wrothwhile movies playing ad nausseum…

Don’t mean to derail things, but I really don’t get it. Do people really feel that invincible that they can watch the next man get fucked up by drugs and think they’re immune somehow? It’s like how I don’t get people who start smoking past age, say, 15. Okay, being a punk kid who wants to look badass or something, i get that…but how is a grown ass man/woman gonna be like “yo, smelling like shit and decreasing my life span for around $100-200 a month? That sounds hype son?”