A&C World Thread - Downtown Toronto Casuals

I’ll be there at 6:00 straight from work. Also, my stick is dual modded so that makes things a bit easier.

**[SIZE=5]SSFIVAE/MVC3/SFIII3rdstrike Tournament PS3 (#4) - Sunday, September 18th
**[/SIZE]

A & C World
702a Spadina Avenue

• $5 admission, an additional $10 for Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition and $10 for Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 PS3. $5 entry fee for Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Onlien PS3. Registration starts at 12:00 PM and ends at 1 PM, tournament will start around 1 PM. Event ends at 6 PM.

-Bring your DS’s and 3DS’s for Street Passes and DS Lan parties.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please make sure you eat lunch before you come and take smoke breaks, washroom breaks before the tournaments start, we will be disqualifying people if they don’t report within 2 minutes of us calling their name.

• Check out our game arcade and gaming area!
  • Bring your friends!
    -Thanks to Zero Edge, 3kb.ca, and Anime Xtreme

SUPER STREET FIGHTER IV: ARCADE EDITION PS3

GRAND PRIZES:

1st Place: Hori Real Arcade Pro VX/V3, T-shirt from Zero Edge (whichever one is available)
2nd Place: $50 Gift Card and a hat from Anime Xtreme
3rd Place: $20 Gift Card
(these prizes are for 25+ entrants, if we get a lower turnout, we will change the prizes to all gift cards. Prizes are subject to change during the event as needed.)

Super Street Fighter IV: ARCADE EDITION (PS3)- Rules

Double Elimination
Best 2 out of 3 matches to a set
Loser gets to reselect characters after each match.
Semi-finals and best 3 out of 5 matches to a set
Finals best 3 out of 5

MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 3 PS3

GRAND PRIZES:

(Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 PS3)

1st Place: Hori Real Arcade Pro VX* T-shirt from Zero Edge (Winner’s Choice)
2nd Place: $50 Gift Card and a hat from Anime Xtreme
3rd Place: $20 Gift Card
(these prizes are for 25+ entrants, if we get a lower turnout, we will change the prizes to all gift cards. Prizes are subject to change during the event as needed.)

Marvel VS. Capcom 3 (PS3)- Rules

Double Elimination
Finals best 3 out of 5

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online PS3

GRAND PRIZES:

(Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online PS3)

1st Place:$50 Gift Card and T-shirt from Zero Edge (Winner’s Choice)
2nd Place: $20 Gift Card and a hat from Anime Xtreme
3rd Place: $10 Gift Card
(these prizes are for 15+ entrants, if we get a lower turnout, we may scale down the prizes. Prizes are subject to change during the event as needed.)

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online (PS3)- Rules

Double Elimination
Finals best 3 out of 5

Additional Information

(BYOC) Bring your own controllers and Arcade Sticks and Converters (recommended). Some controllers and arcade sticks will be provided, but in limited quantities. There will be free play.

We reserve the right to change the rules if we see fit for the tournament.

Game will be free to play and practice for everyone before and after the tournament. Just take turns with whoever wants to play.

For more info or if you want to sponsor this event, contact us or visit http://www.acgamesonline.com/

what is a good day for marvel casuals? i’ve heard that wednesday is the normal day for this, is that true? and do people play on 360s there?

Wednesday is usually the day now yes. Mostly we play on PS3 but we have some 360s on Wednesdays

Can I suggest that you create stand-alone tournament threads for these events. It would help with garnering support/turnout. Sticky = Greater Visibility.

Thanks for the suggestion, advise taken. I’ll probably end up posting most of the monthlies in this thread but we’ll try to make this one a bit bigger in anticipation for T12.

I’d like to make it down to A&C tonight with hopes of getting some SSF4 AE games in. I can prolly be there by 6pm. I’d also like to pre-register for the upcoming TTT Tourney if possible. Hoping to see some other SF players there tonight as well. Finally, I think I saw a prize of a dual modded fight stick offered at some point. I got mine done at EVO this year but I have a buddy here in T.O. looking to get his Madcatz T.E. done. Does anyone have any contacts? Cheers

do you guys usually close at 8 on wednesdays too? i remember watching the TTT stream last week and saw you guys were still streaming till like 10

Do you guys do casuals on weekends? Work and school keep me from going on weekdays.

Sorry I didn’t get back to you earlier, Wednesdays are by far the best days to come down now since they are open later. Wednesdays are also where you can find Russell who can pre register you for T12.

Wednesdays are an exception, the hours are usually extended till 9 or 10 depending on the day.

They’ll pretty much have casuals every day of the week, you may want to watch out for tournament dates since those tend to happen on weekends and will conflict with what’s being played depending on the game. For most days though there’ll be an AE or Marvel setup going.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150151828141594.285786.11143371593

Here you can find the store’s monthly scheduals.

Monthly schedules? You guys are thorough. Thanks

What’s a good day for MK casuals?

MK is hit or miss, people just show up random days sometimes. Try Wednesday to be safe since everyone comes for fighting games that day.

wednesday is generally the mk day, sometimes we try to organize on other days.

Trini_Bowl: Yeah, Wednesday is good for MK. I’ll make sure there’s 1 setup for it atleast.

From the looks of it, the following games are being played:
SSFIV, MvC3, 3S MK, SCIV, and maybe BB.
Then, there’s the random games.

NeoRussell

we gettin some AE streamed this time?

Teddy: We lose viewers when we stream SSFIV. I don’t know why but it just drops to half the viewers when AE is streamed. I’ll see about adding it this wednesday.

Hope to see new faces this Wednesday.
We will probably start mini tourneys or ranbats after T12 is over.
Too hectic to run anything at the moment.

NeoRussell

Sounds great gents. I switched up my sched this week to try and make it out tonight. As always hoping to get good AE games in with skilled players. I’d also like to pre-register for T12 tonight as well. I should make it there by 5:30pm.
Cheers
KF

what time do ppl start playing casuals on wednesdays? also i can still pre-reg by cash for t-12 at a&c this wednesday (Sept 21st) right?

A&C’s Pre T12 Tournament results:

AE:

1. [YRSF] Chaos 2D (Yang)
  2. [YRSF] Blitzman_G (Yun/Makoto)
  3. DaFlipmasta (Rufus)
  4. JTN (Bison)
  5. [YRSF] Raynex (Abel)
  6. Watchtower (Chun-Li)
  7. Traninho
  8. Led (Abel)
  9. FL (Fei Long)
  10. Buddahforce (Seth)
  11. Shane Walker (Dhalsim)
  12. Basics (Balrog)
  13. jeffdesman
  14. JOELSYKO
  15. billot log
  16. HVY
  17. A2K3AWL
  18. Pizza Goop
  19. Matthew Wong
  20. Munk
  21. Ironstein
  22. Dice
  23. Tha Robin
  24. Caoster
  25. THUNDERZAK
  26. DAVE OF THE RAVE
  27. Sushi Taxi
  28. Cbooboo
  29. Andrew Wong
  30. Kid Flow
  31. Jersey

MvC3:

1. [A&C] RDK
  2. [YRSF] White_R
  3. Nickcam
  4. [YRSF] Chaos 2D
  5. Paul 187
  6. toasterman
  7. Alvin
  8. Buddahforce
  9. Allan Lique
  10. [YRSF] Blitzman_G
  11. DaFlipmasta
  12. Traninho
  13. jeffdesman
  14. COD_Player
  15. Jing
  16. Japots
  17. csmyo
  18. Joe
  19. unr
  20. Yewbert
  21. Allan Felipe
  22. Basics
  23. Chachaman
  24. KayZero
  25. Lumpy

SFIII:3S

1. [A&C] Samir
  2. S4
  3. Chachaman
  4. Hieu
  5. TAFKA-RTSD
  6. Basics
  7. Paul
  8. Cbooboo
  9. Phyze
  10. Robin
  11. toasterman
  12. X Hunter
  13. Deathscythe

Great turnout today, actually got to give out the sticks for a change. We were at nearly 70 people! Try and make it out wednesday and friday this week, we’ll be hosting some American players on the Friday, stay tuned for names.