A dual mod question

So basically I have a madcatz SE for xbox (the WWF one) and a Madcatz TE for PS3 (Blazblue), basically I want to know is there anyway using the pcbs to get a dual mod going?

Yes, you can do that.

http://i.minus.com/iIE5orbjWHfPL.jpg

Connect the Red Wire of PS3 USB to 5V on the Xbox 360 PCB.
Connect the Black Wire of PS3 USB to GND on the Xbox 360 PCB.

On the bottom of Xbox 360 PCB, along the edges, you will see letters.
You will see letters for the Buttons and Joystick.
Solder wires to those points.

Guide is BE16.
Back is the last pin next to P00 on the edge.
ABXY and RT LT and RB LB and Start points and UDLR.

Solder the Directionals and Back and Start and the eight Play Buttons to the Terminal Strip.
The Terminal Strip, Distribution Block or whatever you call, it the bottom right of TE.
It is where all the wires from the Buttons are connected to.
Be sure solder to the Signal side, not Ground side.

For Guide, unscrew your TE Turbo Panel.
Turn to the bottom side.

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/8628/tut3z.jpg

You will need to buy Imp v2.
This controls the USB Data Lines so you can use one cable, unless you want two to hang out.

Connect Imp v2 as instruction when you buy.

Absolute Question and Answer Thread (ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!)

Oh, shit that was freaking helpful thanks going to read into this before anything but thanks alot.

Oops, I do not mean to actually take the Red and Black of PS3 USB and connect to Xbox 360 PCB.
You solder an extra wires from the Red and Black Wire points to the Xbox 360 PCB.

And also read this.
http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/125848/

well he doesn’t need the imp2 if he just wants to control data lines, a dpdt is a cheaper alternative if he wants to drill into it

just opening up the possibilities~

All in the Thread linked.

Do I only need to solder from pcb to pcb? I do not need to mess with the buttons at all?

Everything is solder.

There has to be a video cause I am not getting this visually in my mind. From how I read it and I hope this is how it is cause I really dont want to the buttons (I like how it’s already laid out.)
I. Connect an extra black and red wiring to XBOX PCB to PS3 PCB (being the host)
2. On Xbox I solder wires on the back where the points are, where they are marked (reading left to right) DULR(skip the GND) BA ST (skip KGND) RT LT RB LB Y X B A (skip GND)
3. I solder the other end to PS3 PCB? (This is where I lose the process)

My Post tells you to solder to the Terminal Strip.
If you want to make it much harder, then you can solder to the PS3 TE PCB like you said.

The Turbo Panel is the PS3 TE PCB itself.
That is the main controller.

The Turbo Panel will only be touched for Home and +5V and Ground.

I am assuming (please tell me other wise), using the Terminal Strip that the sticks gives you (the black strip bottom left of the stick) I solder it to the other side of the ribbon cable connector (I say this cause I saw a picture of it that way, with that being said how do I know which connections are which) let me know if I am on the same page as you.

Yes, you solder to the Terminal Strip.
Solder on the bottom of it.

On the bottom, there are two rows.
One in Signal, other is Ground.
Solder to Ground.

How to know which Signal is which, look on the top side.

You have the TE right?
You should study it before modding.

I have took apart the SE a million times I have only opened the TE once to install a octagate. Opening the TE and looking at it, I never noticed how different it was (mostly the PCB part)

I. Connect an extra black and red wiring to XBOX PCB to PS3 PCB (being the host, which I now found is on the top left side of the TE)
2. On Xbox I solder wires on the back where the points are, where they are marked (reading left to right) DULR(skip the GND) BA ST (skip KGND) RT LT RB LB Y X B A (skip GND)
3. I solder the other end to PS3 Terminal Strip on the back which the top side (looking at it assembled) is the signal
4. I assume the directionals are soldered direct to the PS3 PCB (which would be on the pin side of the ribbon connector)
5. Install Imp board.

Is that correct?

One is right.

Two is kind of right.
You have to read what I typed for Start and Guide.
If you do not want Guide, Two is still wrong because of Start.

Three is right.

I totally forgot to tell you about Four.
But that is right.
Sorry of that.

Five is right.

Okay then I am lost on the second step. BA is back (i assume) on the PCB, but I just realized that Guide is Home for Xbox, which is the other wire that will be soldered to the PS3 PCB. Which brings up another question, All my ground will be on the PS3 end? I do not need to worry about the Xbox at all?

edit: I see where you mean the P00 on the Xbox PCB but what hte hell is BA then?

BA is Back.

Well, Guide is Guide for Xbox 360.
Home is Home for PlayStation 3.

On your PlayStation 3 TE, you press the Home Button to activate Guide when in Xbox 360 mode.
That is if you follow what I typed for wiring up Guide to the PlayStation 3 TE PCB.

Ya I understand that now but then what is ST if Start is the pin next to P00?

Isn’t Ground already taken care of when you soldered GND of Xbox 360 PCB to PlayStation 3 TE PCB?

It is electronically the same if you had the USB soldered to the Xbox 360 PCB.
And then add two extra wires to that, which then go to PlayStation 3 TE PCB.

You will be working with an Imp here though.
So there will actually be no USB attached to any of the two PCB.
The USB cable is going to be soldered to the Imp v2, as shown in its directions.

USB cable to go to Imp v2.
Extra wire from Guide or Home will go to Imp v2.
Extra wire for +5V from either PCB will go to Imp v2.
Extra wire for Ground from either PCB will go to Imp v2.
Data- and Data+ from Xbox 360 PCB will go to Imp v2.
Data- and Data- from PlayStation 3 PCB will go to Imp v2.

ST is Start.

BA is Back.
But BA is only Back if the the Turbo Panel of WWE BrawlStick is still connected.