A little help for a noob (please)

hi to all and thankyou for letting me post on these forums…

Anyway my question is this…

I love the streetfighter series and i will be buying streetfighter 4 on midnight on launch day…my problem is this, I have a ps3 and and 360 and i cant decide which system to buy the game for…

Most multi platform games i normally always buy on 360 due to better online structure,more xbox friends and more improtant multi platform games run better (usually) on the 360…

The reason i cant decide now is because when i bought my ps3 i picked up virtua fighter 5,i also then bought a sega virtua arcade high grade stick to play it with…its a amazing stick and i love it very much…

So i would buy the new mad catz sticks due out if i could get the TE stick off the shelf on game launch day but i no this wont be possible…

so do i get the ps3 version and use my stick or do i buy the 360 version and get a stick at a later date…Are the ps3 and 360 versions of sf4 the same or does one run better than the other or is there extra content on either version…

Will my sega vitua arcade high grade stick be good enough for streetfighter 4 or is this stick outdated now and not up to the job…All help will be gratefully taken…

thanks for reading this long post but i am in a dilema…

monkey sausage

Dual mod your VSHG, problem solved. :smile: If you can’t do it yourself, maybe ask in the Trading Outlet. There are a couple of people here that are real good with the mod.

If that is not a choice, and the TE is not obtainable, there are a couple more options such as ordering a custom, making your own, or ordering an Arcade In a Box. There will probably be quite a wait time on customs and AIAB, since everyone is slammed with SF4 coming.

If not a full custom, order a case from one of the builders (Norris Arcade, Pc1X1, Cicada, Imitrex :smile:). All you need then is a stick, buttons, PCB and know how to solder.

Good luck with which ever route you decide to go!

yeah man that sega stick is way outdated…If you want i can trade you DOA4 Hori stick for the 360! :lovin:

The High Grade is a good stick for fighting games because of it’s weight. It’s plays great in HD Remix and in SF4, but I’m not aware of any moves that might need more than 3 button presses (the fatal flaw of the high grade). I’m currently not accustomed to it very well because of the stick being so close to the buttons, and the stock stick seems a little loose. I digress…

Akuma001, my friend and confidant in stick modding, is known to do an amazing job dual modding these. He even mods the 360 microphone jack into the case! He’ll do a great job if he’s available.