A little Yang help?

yang

I’m not that good at street fighter. I’ll start off with that. What I really need help with is stringing the combos together. I noticed SSF4 AE doesn’t have a button log and it’s giving me a bunch of trouble pulling the combos out. Everytime I start one, it finishes before I can connect another hit and the next thing I know, I’m getting my ass handed to me. Can anyone teach me a simpler way to get strings out?

Nope. Street Fighter requires a certain amount of timing on its links that, while you’re learning the game, you can only really figure out in training mode. Yang’s main hit confirm B&B is really easy compared to many of the other characters, but all you can really do is practice it until it works for you. The good thing is that even if you don’t stick with Yang, it’s going to be a worthwhile skill to acquire for any other character you might play.

I’m definitely sticking with Yang. I’m just trying to learn how to do real combos instead of the cheesy stuff you see here. Note: I know I’m bad at Street Fighter [media=youtube]xfDp8ErPBg0[/media]

cr lp linked into cr mk is a 1 frame link for starters. You should be doing 1 or two cr lps (depending on distance) then st lp then cr mk into lp slashes for a start (a single lp slash is safe on block, and depending on your spacing the second one can be as well). Your other bread and butter combo should be cr lk 2-3 times then cancel those into lp slashes as well. Yang has some pretty fancy stuff you can learn later if you can get the timing down. Good luck and have fun :slight_smile:

Thanks. You guys are really helping. I’m trying to get down FADC’s but I think it’s a bit too advanced for me? What do you guys think?

FADCs are an important way for Yang to keep pressure going, so you’ll have to learn it eventually.
Just devote a little bit of practice time to it and it’ll come eventually, you’ll have access to more stuff with other characters as well because focus cancelling is one of the main game mechanics.

Yeah I noticed that. I’m trying to learn what attacks have better recovery time and what moves link into others. It’s hard to pick up. Also, I see Yang vs Blanka is a difficult match for him. Any tips?

Blanka Roll is punishable with MK or HK Senkyutai after blocking.<div><br></div><div>IIRC Yang’s St.lp will whiff a crouching Blanka so try to use Cr.lk to mantis.</div>