A question about GGX and GGXX?

I got a question can you practice with guilty gear x and a mas stick at home on the DC and still be good at GGXX in the arcade’s or did the game’s engine and system change to much? thank’s in advance:D

can some one please answer:(

bump:(

I tried doing that, and I practiced Millia on GGX then I went to arcade to play GGXX and there were many differences. So I waited for GGXX to come out and got that.

That’s my two cents :slight_smile:

Do it.

I think it’s a good way of learning the system and what the game is all about. If you learn a character in GGX you can transfere to GGX2 but you’ll just have to learn some more stuff and work around the changes. Do it imo.

Disagree. Too many differences between the two systems - bursts, air dusts, different combos, general speed of the game, etc. Playing GGX might familarize you with some of the basics (instant air dash, FDC, etc), but nothing else.

In so many words, thats what i said, if you’d never played a Street Fighter game before I would say you could get a basic understanding for the game by playing any of them, which to an extent is true.

Read it again: I think it’s a good way of learning the system and what the game is all about. If you learn a character in GGX you can transfere to GGX2 but you’ll just have to learn some more stuff and work around the changes. Do it imo.

Disagree. Too many differences between the two systems - bursts, air dusts,

Learn some more stuff. Just like any decent sequel.

different combos, general speed of the game,

Like i said the basic system. If it did’nt have new stuff… it would be the same game! The fact that the game is slower makes it easier for sombody to start learning anyway.

etc. Playing GGX might familarize you with some of the basics

:rolleyes: Thats what I’m saying.

(instant air dash, FDC, etc), but nothing else.

Right so you can start to learn on GGX then? What about character type? 90% and higher of the basic moves are the same, right? Why do you think people who play games from the start of a series are always better than those who just start from scratch? I don’t think there is any way you can really say that what your saying is true and that you can’t benifit from playing X and then X2, sorry but it’s true.

=_\DESTROYED/_=

thank’s for the help.i play with sol and ky.

???

Good stuff, you made the right choice. If anyone starts talking about Sol’s dust loop just ignore it is my bit of advice : )

I’ve got the first game on DC and thats how i learned all the basics in the first place. Do you have the limited edition Jap one? I don’t know if it is limited actually may be just the normal one. It’s got a little mini CD with it shaped like Ky and Sol. Anyone know? I paid like 80 for it but it was the day it came out. Well worth it at the time but looking back on it… not. :slight_smile: I can’t help it I did the same with MVC2 on Jap for like 70 and now you can probably get in exchange for dirt… never mind. rant end

If you would, please read his original post again;

He can understand the very basics of the game - and yet, getting used to the engine in GGX will throw you off altogether if you keep trying to switch to XX in the arcades. It’s like moving from Starcraft -> Broodwars - you may know your micro, but it’s not going to matter when they beat your ass down with all the other, newer tactics available.

IAD’s and FDC’s are easy enough to learn - just devote your time to the arcade if you really want to learn it. Bursts and air dust loop setups are invaluable if you’re serious about playing Sol.